UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Benson: Sonnen just an average white guy

11/6/12 11:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SonofJockstrap
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  "The 28-year-old champ sees the benefit of hype, being an avid fan of onetime middleweight title challenger and current light-heavyweight contender Chael Sonnen."

He is trying to compliment Chael. Phone Post

It is a very backhanded compliment. He's essentially saying he's a shitty fighter but he can promote himself well. The man is a very good fighter.

11/6/12 11:33 AM
GJTT_JediJitsu
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just lost all respect for this fraud.

Does he not know that Jesus is white? Phone Post
11/6/12 11:34 AM
Red Arrow
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i will never pay for a card that has this racist pos bendo . the racist apologists in this thread should get there faced stomped
idsmashit

Which punk bitch ass nigga mod put the word white guy into this? shame on you
Sketchd
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that's racist yo

11/6/12 11:35 AM
Ephialtes

Now he is trying to kiss Chael's ass:

"Hey @sonnench, reporters are tools, a lot of ppl are idiots, u know I got nothing but love and resect for u...and ur hype game, was my point"

https://twitter.com/BensonHenderson

11/6/12 11:36 AM
KZTT_JonJones'sPublicist
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GJTT_JediJitsu - Just lost all respect for this fraud.

Does he not know that Jesus is white? Phone Post
Haha Phone Post
11/6/12 11:39 AM
UGCTT_Winnson
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love it when someone tries to describe someone that's black without saying their black, because that would be offensive.  It's hilarious and pathetic all at the same time.

Jesus, coming from the middle east at the time he did, was probably not white, by the way.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

11/6/12 11:39 AM
UGCTT_Winnson
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*they're

11/6/12 11:45 AM
AndersonGOAT > Bisping
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You all are posting in a troll thread!

11/6/12 11:46 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

honestly u guys think bendo is racist? he lives in arizona and it seems like his whole team and all his friends are white..i dont think he even has any black friends...

11/6/12 11:50 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -  I'm waiting in a long ass line to vote. Thank you UG News for keeping me entertained with your "news" Phone Post

Are you voting for the average white guy? :P

11/6/12 11:52 AM
GJTT_JediJitsu
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Winnson -

I love it when someone tries to describe someone that's black without saying their black, because that would be offensive.  It's hilarious and pathetic all at the same time.

Jesus, coming from the middle east at the time he did, was probably not white, by the way.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I completely agree, Jesus probably looked like an Arab. I was being facetious. Phone Post
11/6/12 11:55 AM
ufc98newb
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the people on here whining that Benson is racist might be going to far, but imagine if a white fighter went out and said "he's just another athletic black guy"

11/6/12 11:57 AM
Frobenius

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmG4X9PGOXs&feature=fvwrel
11/6/12 11:57 AM
Frobenius

nick diaz nut hugger -  This might be unrelated but what do we consider greeks? It's like, they're not white white, but they're far from Mexicans. Phone Post

'Olive'.
11/6/12 11:58 AM
Ephialtes

nick diaz nut hugger -  This might be unrelated but what do we consider greeks? It's like, they're not white white, but they're far from Mexicans. Phone Post

They are White. You should get more educated if you didn't know that.
11/6/12 12:00 PM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That average white guy has earned more money in two fights against Silva than Henderson will in ten.
11/6/12 12:01 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -  My best friend when I was young was black. I went over his house in December and he had a small statue of a black Santa Claus. I remain confused to this day Phone Post

The department store I work in has a black Santa statue up. Is it just a coincidence that my boss is also black? 

11/6/12 12:02 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

x Anchor x - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -

honestly u guys think bendo is racist? he lives in arizona and it seems like his whole team and all his friends are white..i dont think he even has any black friends...

No I don't believe he's racist, I just think he made a poor taste racial comment that can easily be construed as racist and offensive and it warrants an apology.

The color of Chaels skin has no bearing at all, and to suggest he is any less marketable because he's white is a perfect example of racism. Even if its a reality, it doesn't mean it's right and a UFC champion should not be promoting that kind if ideology.

It's not that big of deal though, I don't think he hates white people or anything, he just misspoke. A simple apology would suffice. Phone Post

u should go behind the words and go to his intent..he is not saying chael isnt marketable because hes white..he was just saying that chael doesnt stand out on the surface...again, hes a fighter, not a speaker, no need to be so sensitive about something that is so benign

11/6/12 12:03 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
770 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern - 

""He is of average speed, average athletic-wise, white guy, average-looking, and he wrestles guys."

where does it say "Sonnen just an average white guy?"

LOL at clicks blog

11/6/12 12:05 PM
ufc98newb
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - 
ufc98newb -

the people on here whining that Benson is racist might be going to far, but imagine if a white fighter went out and said "he's just another athletic black guy"

It's basically the same thing right?

Sarcasm meter is off the charts right now Phone Post

It is the same sort of racism. Sonnen is being stereotyped as an average white guy, whereas if he was black I guarantee some people would look at him as some sort of quick, explosive wrestler. Look at a guy like Rashad. He shows nothing that makes him appear any quicker or faster than Sonnen but has a totally different reputation because he is black. Watch him fight Machida and see just how quick he is not.

It is racial stereo typing, and they don't like to hear it, so why should white people.

11/6/12 12:07 PM
Ghetto-Top-Team
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...""You have to be entertaining and have a few tricks up your sleeves, (to where people say), 'Oh wow, what was that?'" Henderson said. "A few entertaining tricks, and hopefully you pull them off.""

Yeah, like this one?

11/6/12 12:09 PM
DaddyRich
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik is always defending UG News saying they don't create misleading thread titles yet they still keep popping up.
11/6/12 12:13 PM
ufc98newb

DamnSevern - 

""He is of average speed, average athletic-wise, white guy, average-looking, and he wrestles guys."

where does it say "Sonnen just an average white guy?"

He said three of Sonnen's major attributes are average. He felt the need to point out that he was white. I think that means he is an average white guy, according to Benson.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.