UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Benson: Sonnen just an average white guy

11/6/12 12:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sIPaIRtaIN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Diaz nut hugger we're pretty white trust me. 7 months of summer each year will get you pretty tanned though.

And Diaz lost to Condit!
11/6/12 12:16 PM
Ephialtes

sIPaIRtaIN - Nick Diaz nut hugger we're pretty white trust me. 7 months of summer each year will get you pretty tanned though.

And Diaz lost to Condit!

He missed that lesson. Don't be mad at him.

Ti Kaneis?
11/6/12 12:20 PM
Jake Devree
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's beyond silly to think Ben is racist.

11/6/12 12:20 PM
Jake Devree
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/06/12 12:20 PM

EDIT: double post. Sorry dudes!

11/6/12 12:21 PM
LoganClark
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure if posted yet.
11/6/12 12:29 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Glovegate - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
Glovegate - 
Glovegate - 
Glovegate - 

So as he's listing bad things about Sonnen he throws in the fact that he's white and people are defending him?  Sounds pretty racist to me.  If Sonnen had said 'oh Bendo goes to decision a lot, gets knocked down fairly regularly, not the fastest guy in the division, cuts a lot of weight to fight smaller guys and he's black' would anyone be defending him?

When are people going to stop with this petty race crap? 

hes not listing bad things..hes listing reasons why chael does not stand out..if u look at the ufc roster, most guys are white..thats called reality..

i hope u guys that are construing bendo as a racist never cry about black people pulling the "race card" ever again

They're not negative?

So saying someone is "of average speed" is a compliment?  Saying someone is "average athletic-wise" is a compliment?  Saying someone is "average looking" is a compliment?  Saying he "holds guys down" and implying he LnP's is a compliment?

There wasn't one thing he said that was positive.  And no it wasn't nuetral.  If someone said all those things about you, you would take offense.

So he lists a bunch of things that are negative and one of them is the colour of his skin.  How is that not racist?

And I would only "cry" about someone pulling the race card if it was fairly obvious race had nothing to do with whatever injustice, real or imagined, they're talking about.  Unlike some people, I apply the same standards to all people, regardless of race.

hes saying he is average..its pretty clear because he says average multiple times..u r reading into it something that is not there...

Ok.

You are of average intelligence.  Don't read too much into it though.

nice...you know youve won an argument when someone cant reply intelligently to your response and just resorts to infantile personal attacks...

The point.

|

|

|

|

|

Your head.

Thanks for admitting you were wrong, by the way.  You took me saying you are of average intelligence as an "infantile personal attack", directly proving my point that he was listing negative traits.

ever heard of intent? you were saying it as a criticism, benson was not..he was actually complimenting sonnen...reading is fundamental

11/6/12 12:30 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

I am pretty sure that it is factual that "white" people are statistically less "athletic". I am white and not offended at all. Just like rational black people are not offended if a white Guy implies they are more "athletic". They are. Phone Post
11/6/12 12:46 PM
UGCTT Combat Can Happen

KevinMcAllister -

White man's burden, Lloyd my man. White man's burden.

You WERE the caretaker. Phone Post
11/6/12 12:50 PM
ALL DAY JAY

rbl - 

Chael may not have the most exciting style but watching Henderson jab the air in front of Frankie Edgar for three rounds wasn't all that exciting either.

True story
11/6/12 12:53 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Glovegate - 
Glovegate - 
Glovegate - 
Glovegate - 
Glovegate - 

So as he's listing bad things about Sonnen he throws in the fact that he's white and people are defending him?  Sounds pretty racist to me.  If Sonnen had said 'oh Bendo goes to decision a lot, gets knocked down fairly regularly, not the fastest guy in the division, cuts a lot of weight to fight smaller guys and he's black' would anyone be defending him?

When are people going to stop with this petty race crap? 

hes not listing bad things..hes listing reasons why chael does not stand out..if u look at the ufc roster, most guys are white..thats called reality..

i hope u guys that are construing bendo as a racist never cry about black people pulling the "race card" ever again

They're not negative?

So saying someone is "of average speed" is a compliment?  Saying someone is "average athletic-wise" is a compliment?  Saying someone is "average looking" is a compliment?  Saying he "holds guys down" and implying he LnP's is a compliment?

There wasn't one thing he said that was positive.  And no it wasn't nuetral.  If someone said all those things about you, you would take offense.

So he lists a bunch of things that are negative and one of them is the colour of his skin.  How is that not racist?

And I would only "cry" about someone pulling the race card if it was fairly obvious race had nothing to do with whatever injustice, real or imagined, they're talking about.  Unlike some people, I apply the same standards to all people, regardless of race.

hes saying he is average..its pretty clear because he says average multiple times..u r reading into it something that is not there...

Ok.

You are of average intelligence.  Don't read too much into it though.

nice...you know youve won an argument when someone cant reply intelligently to your response and just resorts to infantile personal attacks...

The point.

|

|

|

|

|

Your head.

Thanks for admitting you were wrong, by the way.  You took me saying you are of average intelligence as an "infantile personal attack", directly proving my point that he was listing negative traits.

ever heard of intent? you were saying it as a criticism, benson was not..he was actually complimenting sonnen...reading is fundamental

How do you know how I meant it?  How do you know how he did?

Point is, I said exactly the same thing about you as he did about Sonnen, that a characteristic of yours is average.  You immediately got all butthurt and took offense even though you were defending Bendo's remarks as not negative.  There is a glaring contradiction there.

Logic is fundamental.

see..thats the thing..all u see are the plain words..u dont have the discernment to read between the lines

11/6/12 12:53 PM
chaplinshouse
711 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm yet to see a fight of Bendo's that got me out of my seat as much as Chael/Andy 1.  To imply Chael is a boring wet blanket wrestle only guy is just stupid.  Even dumber:  If Bendo is an "avid fan" of Chael, how can he call Chael boring and ask "who wants to see that?" Um, apparently Ben? Derp.  Confucious say:  STFU

11/6/12 12:54 PM
rampageforpresident

this guy was more entertaining when he was getting matrix-kicked by anthony pettis
11/6/12 12:55 PM
rampageforpresident

this guy was more entertaining when he was getting matrix-kicked by anthony pettis
11/6/12 12:59 PM
kingjames100
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ufc98newb - 

the people on here whining that Benson is racist might be going to far, but imagine if a white fighter went out and said "he's just another athletic black guy"

There would be an outrage similar to what we see in this thread.
11/6/12 1:00 PM
KZTT_JonJones'sPublicist
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - Chael sonnen says rampage doesn't speak English, but that's not racist at all...

You guys are facking retahded Phone Post
Rampage speaks a hybrid of English and ebonics w a side of incoherent mumblings. Phone Post
11/6/12 1:05 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KZTT_JonJones'sPublicist -
nick diaz nut hugger - Chael sonnen says rampage doesn't speak English, but that's not racist at all...

Rampage speaks a hybrid of English and ebonics w a side of incoherent mumblings. Phone Post
Hahaha it's funny because it's true. Phone Post
11/6/12 1:09 PM
SunnyKO'd my SN
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why did he bring race into it...?
11/6/12 1:15 PM
KZTT_JonJones'sPublicist
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

x Anchor x -
KZTT_JonJones'sPublicist -

Black men all over the world speak very clear English, Rampage on the other hand doesn't. This had nothing to do with race, your insecurity is unfortunate. Phone Post
How so? Mumblings are mumblings regardless of race. Rampage just happens to be black. Phone Post
11/6/12 1:45 PM
Jake Devree

Thanks for the Vote Down! I've been around Ben a number of times, my good friends train daily with him and I know for a fact that the guy isn't racist. But guys on internet forums that have never even met him probably know more than I do about him.

11/6/12 1:49 PM
YeahButNotInTheEyes
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone, please calm down. This guy cannot help saying dumb shit. You see, Pettis kicked him in the head really hard. Like, really hard. I am pretty sure part of his brain is still in the sky and he is continuously confused. Phone Post
11/6/12 1:57 PM
gooddoc

Benson just lost a fan. Phone Post
11/6/12 2:01 PM
sIPaIRtaIN

YeahButNotInTheEyes -  Everyone, please calm down. This guy cannot help saying dumb shit. You see, Pettis kicked him in the head really hard. Like, really hard. I am pretty sure part of his brain is still in the sky and he is continuously confused. Phone Post

So true. He really thought he won the Edgar rematch.
11/6/12 2:02 PM
HexRei

StratTone - The title for that article moves key words that totally change the tone in which he made the statement. At first I was like: "dude did Henderson really say that?" Then I read the article. "nope"

Did it really change the tone? He called all of Sonnen's abilities average, and called him a white guy.
11/6/12 2:03 PM
KZTT_JonJones'sPublicist

YeahButNotInTheEyes - Everyone, please calm down. This guy cannot help saying dumb shit. You see, Pettis kicked him in the head really hard. Like, really hard. I am pretty sure part of his brain is still in the sky and he is continuously confused. Phone Post
I will vote you up later. Phone Post
11/6/12 2:06 PM
Kostakio
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThinkMMA -
teepsfordays - My god this socially acceptable racism. Phone Post
This. Can't stand this shit. Phone Post
. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.