UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Benson: Sonnen just an average white guy

11/6/12 2:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jake Devree - 

Thanks for the Vote Down! I've been around Ben a number of times, my good friends train daily with him and I know for a fact that the guy isn't racist. But guys on internet forums that have never even met him probably know more than I do about him.

voted up for common sense...

11/6/12 2:19 PM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benson being racist to white people? Sounds like an average back guy Phone Post
11/6/12 2:21 PM
Daverr

and henderson is a average looking, black guy, bible thumper..

great to set that straight
11/6/12 2:22 PM
mr1709

benson is an above average chocolate face
11/6/12 2:25 PM
JeffMelvin

A rascist UG comment.
That's that shit I dont like. Phone Post
11/6/12 2:26 PM
INDK
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

people being upset over race again? shocking.
11/6/12 2:27 PM
Clarence Parents
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - 
burner22 - Benson being racist to white people? Sounds like an average back guy Phone Post
Yeah and it's totally unwarranted, right? Fucktard... Phone Post

Are you saying it's warranted ? I don't get it.

I personally don't feel what Benson said is racist.. but the world is full of sensitive pandas.
11/6/12 2:30 PM
kostello

AND!

... Chael cannot jump.

Guess why?
11/6/12 2:31 PM
kostello

I wonder if Chael listens to....

AVERAGE WHITE BAND

????
11/6/12 2:32 PM
Jake Devree
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

x Anchor x - 
Jake Devree -

Thanks for the Vote Down! I've been around Ben a number of times, my good friends train daily with him and I know for a fact that the guy isn't racist. But guys on internet forums that have never even met him probably know more than I do about him.

You're taking most of our comments out of context too. Most of us, including me do not believe he's racist, we just think he made a poor taste racial comment that can easily be construed as racist and offensive and it warrants an apology.

The color of Chaels skin has no bearing at all, and to suggest he is any less marketable because he's white is a perfect example of racism. Even if its a reality, it doesn't mean it's right and a UFC champion should not be promoting that kind if ideology.

It's not that big of deal though, I don't think he hates white people or anything, he just misspoke. A simple apology would suffice. Phone Post

Apologize for saying Chael is white? That's like me apologizing for saying the sky is blue today. We all know Ben isn't the best at interviews. And apparently the UG isn't the best at wording a headline without causing some sort of commotion. Ben has a hard time finding words for an interview. I'm the same way. He meant zero harm. And I think most people on here are smart enough to realize it. There's just a few that like to get people riled up then other follow along. I can also see your perspective. But I know Ben on a more personal level than you and I'm saying he definitely didn't mean anything negative by it. I appreciate you being able to express your opinion in a resonable way, btw. Thanks man

11/6/12 2:41 PM
Jake Devree
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
Jake Devree - 

voted up for common sense...

Appreciated! (even though I have no idea how my life is going to be affected one way or the other by down votes. Probably not at all actually. It still won't change the outcome of my next fight. Haha!)

11/6/12 2:45 PM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
520 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, take disciplinary action against the racist cocksucker. Phone Post
11/6/12 2:55 PM
RangerDanger
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mdfmma123 - Ha, I just don't understand why "white guy" was needed here. Phone Post
Seriously. If we are to believe that there are not genetic differences between races, why even bring that up? Phone Post
11/6/12 3:00 PM
cheesesteak
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/6/12 3:02 PM
Zaph
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like to take Louis CK's stance on this. As a white guy, you can't offend me with racist remarks, because being white is awesome. I don't mean that white people are awesome; I mean that being white is awesome. We have it made, and if time travel is ever developed, we can travel to any time in the past without fear of race-based persecution. Phone Post
11/6/12 3:08 PM
greentrousers
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"well, all i know is never be on the white guy" --lt drebin from the naked gun.

it's joke people, but with all jokes there is some truth to it.

of course we all know what benson meant with "average" and "white guy". black people are supposedly more athletic. its not 100% truth all the time but anyone who denies it is blind.

i dont' know benson but i dont' think he meant it in a racist way, and people have a right to get mad at that quote. specially because it's so common to say it.

picture a white employee working at firm or hospital saying "oh he's just an average black guy" while referring to another employee. you don't think he will get a huge amount of backlash??
11/6/12 3:10 PM
Zaph
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -
Zaph - I like to take Louis CK's stance on this. As a white guy, you can't offend me with racist remarks, because being white is awesome. I don't mean that white people are awesome; I mean that being white is awesome. We have it made, and if time travel is ever developed, we can travel to any time in the past without fear of race-based persecution. Phone Post
Yeah and we don't get call-backs from job interviews because we're not qualified, not for reasons out of our control. I agree that it's easier to be white than to be black, but you've provided a really stupid and simple reason that's not even funny. Phone Post
I think you need to see Louis CK's routine to get the reference. Either way, you cannot offend me with racist remarks. Phone Post
11/6/12 3:13 PM
Zaph

Addendum to previous post: Jesus, dude. I labeled it as a reference to a comedy routine. Where did you get the idea that I was "providing a reason"? You and I have interacted well in the past. The least you could give me is the benefit of the doubt! Phone Post
11/6/12 3:14 PM
Zaph

Oops, really unnecessary addendum... Sorry. Cannot edit from phone. Phone Post
11/6/12 3:15 PM
Zaph

I guess the joke's on me for not giving YOU the benefit of the doubt. Peace, friend. Phone Post
11/6/12 3:20 PM
Jake Devree

Zaph -  I like to take Louis CK's stance on this. As a white guy, you can't offend me with racist remarks, because being white is awesome. I don't mean that white people are awesome; I mean that being white is awesome. We have it made, and if time travel is ever developed, we can travel to any time in the past without fear of race-based persecution. Phone Post

That is such a good bit. I love Louis CK.

11/6/12 3:22 PM
Zaph

nick diaz nut hugger -
Zaph - I guess the joke's on me for not giving YOU the benefit of the doubt. Peace, friend. Phone Post
I'm the bigger horse's ass for my first comment about the Louis CK routine.

Can we all just agree that the title of this thread/news story is inaccurate? Phone Post
Absolutely, we can agree to that! Phone Post
11/6/12 3:22 PM
TKo18

Listen,
Don't get upset. He's not even relevant anymore. Benson is waaaay past his prime! I mean, this guy hasn't cleaned house the same since the early 80's!!

But that TV show of his surrrrrrre was funny!!
11/6/12 3:24 PM
Jake Devree

TKo18 - Listen,
Don't get upset. He's not even relevant anymore. Benson is waaaay past his prime! I mean, this guy hasn't cleaned house the same since the early 80's!!

But that TV show of his surrrrrrre was funny!!

GOLD!!!

11/6/12 3:33 PM
YellowWrkedByTapIn
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - 
Zaph - I guess the joke's on me for not giving YOU the benefit of the doubt. Peace, friend. Phone Post
I'm the bigger horse's ass for my first comment about the Louis CK routine.

Can we all just agree that the title of this thread/news story is inaccurate? Phone Post

Why, yes. Yes, we can.

Now, which of you UG'ers wants some of this here KFC with watermelon slices on the side?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.