UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Benson: Sonnen just an average white guy

11/6/12 3:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KZTT_W85
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Listing negatives about someone and including skin color in that list is a disgrace.

I'm no longer a fan, I hope Diaz fucks him up. Phone Post
11/6/12 4:17 PM
confusionSay
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was more offended he called Chael "average-looking" personally. Chael is a greek god
11/6/12 4:22 PM
robnashville
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"He is of average speed, average athletic-wise, white guy,"

I'm sure Chael would disagree with this, I remember him telling me in the lead up to one of his his Paulo Filho fights that he was the fastest white man alive....

11/6/12 4:27 PM
Zaph
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

buddie -
Zaph -  I like to take Louis CK's stance on this. As a white guy, you can't offend me with racist remarks, because being white is awesome. I don't mean that white people are awesome; I mean that being white is awesome. We have it made, and if time travel is ever developed, we can travel to any time in the past without fear of race-based persecution. Phone Post

Just listen to how you are conditioned to think. This is what I read:

I can't be offended if you stereotype me because I have no right to be offended. Let me just clarify, white people are not good. We have it easy, our lives are fantastic because we are white. If you say derogatory things about us, it is probably because we deserve it for being white. Historically, white people have not been oppressed like many other races, therefore we deserve to be the butt of jokes and ridicule now.
Then you completely misunderstood my post. Phone Post
11/6/12 4:28 PM
Zaph
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What I am saying is that I am way too awesome to be hurt by it. How you got the whole white guilt thing from what I said, I'll never know. Phone Post
11/6/12 4:35 PM
YellowWrkedByTapIn

nick diaz nut hugger - 
YellowWrkedByTapIn -
nick diaz nut hugger - 
Zaph - I guess the joke's on me for not giving YOU the benefit of the doubt. Peace, friend. Phone Post
I'm the bigger horse's ass for my first comment about the Louis CK routine.

Can we all just agree that the title of this thread/news story is inaccurate? Phone Post

Why, yes. Yes, we can.

Now, which of you UG'ers wants some of this here KFC with watermelon slices on the side?
I like when Dave Chappelle said:

"People think something's wrong with me because I like chicken and watermelon. Let me tell you something mothafucka, if you don't like chicken and watermelon, something is wrong with YOU" Phone Post

Somethibg's wrong with me, then. Love me some chicken, can't stand watermelon.

11/6/12 4:42 PM
Jive Turkey

Apparently the shitty, intentionally misleading article titles only get changed when Dana complains about them. Then you get a title change and a grovelling apology
11/6/12 5:01 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
robnashville - 

"He is of average speed, average athletic-wise, white guy,"

I'm sure Chael would disagree with this, I remember him telling me in the lead up to one of his his Paulo Filho fights that he was the fastest white man alive....

no way I'm letting this gem get lost amongst the banter.

11/6/12 5:21 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Race threads are by far the most entertaining thing on the UG. The people always arguing about racism usually fall under one of these categories:

Has no idea what racism actually is.

Outs themselves as racist while explaining how not racist they are.

Thinks that noticing the colour of someone's skin is racist.

Thinks that a statement like "black people are from Africa" is racist.

... That being said, Chael totally acts like an "average white guy". Phone Post
11/6/12 5:26 PM
BooZe

I love the way they use word play in these article headlines! Just like when they said Anderson Silva would fight jbj for 1.25 billion when he didn't... Article writer is a troll... Phone Post
11/6/12 5:31 PM
Tankhead
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, look! UG News race baiting for views! Charming... Phone Post
11/6/12 5:39 PM
Zaph

buddie - 
Zaph -  I like to take Louis CK's stance on this. As a white guy, you can't offend me with racist remarks, because being white is awesome. I don't mean that white people are awesome; I mean that being white is awesome. We have it made, and if time travel is ever developed, we can travel to any time in the past without fear of race-based persecution. Phone Post

Just listen to how you are conditioned to think. This is what I read:

I can't be offended if you stereotype me because I have no right to be offended. Let me just clarify, white people are not good. We have it easy, our lives are fantastic because we are white. If you say derogatory things about us, it is probably because we deserve it for being white. Historically, white people have not been oppressed like many other races, therefore we deserve to be the butt of jokes and ridicule now.

For you and anyone else who completely missed my point, here's the routine to which I was making a reference.

I need to add that your post really annoyed me, because I have spoken many times against the concept of collective guilt.  It's one thing for you to have misunderstood my post's intent, but it's another to sit there and be accused of being something I loathe.

And please spare me the psychoanalysis, since you're hopelessly bad at it.  Don't presume to tell me how I'm conditioned to think.  Absolutely none of what you said was stated or even implied in my post.  How you got from "I don't get offended by racist remarks toward white people because being white is awesome" to "I keep my mouth shut when people make racist remarks about white people because we're a really naughtly bunch and we deserve every bit of it" is completely beyond me.

11/6/12 5:45 PM
58miles
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warzone209 - 

White guy in terms of the UFC PPv Demographic pertaining to the 18-35 year old Caucasian males it's really not racist since Benson is stating that Chael sales because he appeals to the buyer.

Chael Sonnen is the Elvis of MMA trash talk. Where as Elvis ripped off a couple of songs and dance moves he learned while performing in blues clubs and then suddenly he's the "King of Rock 'n Roll", Sonnen says things that even a brain damaged 13 year old thinks is corny and suddenly he's the single greatest trash talker not only in mma but in the entire history of modern athletics. Before Chael the entire concept of trash-talk didn't even exist and that totally, completely, 100% revolutionary act alone entitles him to limitless unearned title shots, hype and respect according to many in the all important 18-35 year old Caucasian male demographic.

Despite the fact anyone with a brain knows he is going to get curb-stomped in his next unearned title fight and of course the on after that.
11/6/12 6:01 PM
FullyLoadedFists

Chael is 10x the athlete benson is. Also bensons stupid mongrel ass will get boxed up and then strangled when he himself tries to dryhump Nate. Phone Post
11/6/12 6:23 PM
Zaph

FullyLoadedFists -  Chael is 10x the athlete benson is. Also bensons stupid mongrel ass will get boxed up and then strangled when he himself tries to dryhump Nate. Phone Post

10 times the athlete?  Yeah... umm... no.

11/6/12 6:30 PM
CWH
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn it.

I actually read every comment in this thread.

Head hurts.
11/6/12 6:37 PM
RangerDanger
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -
RangerDanger -
mdfmma123 - Ha, I just don't understand why "white guy" was needed here. Phone Post
Seriously. If we are to believe that there are not genetic differences between races, why even bring that up? Phone Post
Yeah def no genetic differences between races... Phone Post
Can you tell me which genes are present in one race as opposed to another? That is, where is there proof that we are different and not just expressing a certain gene while suppressing another? Tell me what is race other than skin pigmentation? Phone Post
11/6/12 7:10 PM
Barry Soetoro Jr

I never cared for Benson anyway.
11/6/12 8:30 PM
Donoghue88
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/06/12 8:37 PM
He thinks being called white is an insult? Whites invent everything, control the world and have the best trained armies. Sounds terrible

And I almost forgot, if he wants to judge speed and athleticism based on skin colour go line up the gold medalists and elite soccer players. You will find a huge percentage of white skin people, probably the highest percentage.
11/6/12 9:01 PM
Donoghue88
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - 
Donoghue88 - He thinks being called white is an insult? Whites invent everything, control the world and have the best trained armies. Sounds terrible

And I almost forgot, if he wants to judge speed and athleticism based on skin colour go line up the gold medalists and elite soccer players. You will find a huge percentage of white skin people, probably the highest percentage.
He spelled color as colour so don't even try to say he's a racist white marecan. *breathes sigh of relief* Phone Post

Poor attempt at belittlement or dreadful humour. Could be either or both.
11/6/12 9:33 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Used to be a big Henderson fan but this guy is really saying some stupid stuff lately. Also, considering how lame he safety fought in his last fight Henderson's not one to be criticizing anyone else. I'm a vehement hater of lay and pray and all who do it but Chael has done a good job of posturing up to throw hard punches, not baby punches, so I wouldn't call what he does lay and pray. Plus he subbed Stann. He's not a barnburner but he's at least as exciting as Henderson has been in his last few fights.
11/6/12 9:35 PM
Wasa-B
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This one definately deserves an:

Anderson Silva isnt black...
11/6/12 9:36 PM
UGCTT_BlahBreh
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a fucking average white guy to you?

So glad you were all over espn for getting Pettis'd to the face, how dare you.

war diaz!
11/6/12 9:57 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 11/06/12 9:58 PM

Benson "The Decision King" Henderson has no right to slag Chael. At least Chael has finished fights lately. Henderson clearly has let everything go to his head. His head is huge now. Perhaps the least humble fighter in the sport. He should climb down off that high pedestal and concern less with himself and his vanity and mor with finishing a fight for a change.

11/6/12 10:15 PM
HexRei

UGCTT_BlahBreh - 
This is a fucking average white guy to you?

So glad you were all over espn for getting Pettis'd to the face, how dare you.

war diaz!

NO, chael's not average. He roids and was born quite wealthy. Also he is a felon who got off easy because he ratted out his partners in the fraud. All of which makes him special.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.