UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 9th Annual UG Secret Santa

11/6/12 11:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FERA BRABA
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's that time of year again!  The 9th Annual UG Secret Santa!
Here's how participate:

1. Send an email to me at: UGSecretSanta@gmail.com

2. In that email I'll need your REAL NAME, ADDRESS, and UG Screen Name.

3. I will then randomly select from the final list who will be a Secret Santa for whom.

4. There will not be a spending limit but in the past most people sent gifts in the $30 range. Popular gift ideas are Fight Team or MMA themed shirts, Fight DVDs, hats, books, etc.

5. THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT! Once you've signed up and sent me an email, come back to this thread and post your wish list along with your SHIRT / HAT / and SHORT SIZES and if there is a DVD or something you'd like to have. That way each Secret Santa can have an idea of what to get for their recipient. This will make it a little less hard to buy for a stranger.  DO NOT EMAIL ME YOUR SIZES AND WISH LIST.  POST THEM HERE ON THIS THREAD.  If you don't post your wish list and sizes, it's  your own fault if you get cardboard as a gift.  Also, posting here will let everyone see who's playing this year. Note: This is a very simple format. You sign up, you get a name and address, you purchase a gift and mail it or have it sent via the online company you purchased from. The entire process from the minute you get your recipient's info to the time of purchase could take as little as 15 minutes - if you do everything online. THERE'S NO NEED TO TAKE THREE WEEKS OR THREE MONTHS TO GET THIS DONE.  There is no need for anyone to wait beyond Christmas to receive their gift. So, if this is not that simple for you, for any reason, please don't register.
Again, if you sign up, Please - Please - Please honor your recipient and do your part. NO EXCUSES, NO MISHAPS. We are all adults... if you sign up, play right. I don't care about personal issues, work related drama, travel issues or other "life" problems. If you're dealing with any of these things, DON'T PLAY.  IF YOU REGISTER YOU ARE SAYING THAT YOU ARE WILLING AND ABLE TO DO THIS TASK WITHIN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS.  We had almost 80 people last year and this is our 9th year, so let's keep the positive vibes going.  ONLY REGISTER IF YOU ARE ABLE TO PURCHASE AND SEND A GIFT, WITH NO PROBLEMS.   

*A quick thank you to those players from last year who stepped up and gave gifts to more than one recipient. You really helped a lot by picking up the slack of those who did not commit to their giving.

REGISTRATION: November 6th - November 18th.  That is plenty of time to get registered and it will give me time to get everyone their recipient info in time for you take advantage of Black Friday sales. It also leaves a full month to get your gifts purchased and sent so that EVERY PERSON GETS THEIR GIFT ON TIME FOR CHRISTMAS.

EXTRAS:
I love doing this but it takes a crazy amount of time to organize and keep running smoothly.  With that, I'm not going to take the time to babysit this event this year like I've done in previous years. This is a very easy process and with the right focus, you can be done with it quickly and enjoy being a part of UG holiday tradition. So here are some reminders: 
1. Post your sizes and wish list on this thread so your Santa will know what to send. If you have a person who does not list these things, buy them a book, a blue name or a gift card to the UG store. Keep it simple.
2. Once you get your recipient's info, make your purchase immediately, send it, and be done with it.
3. Please be sure that UGSecretSanta@Gmail.com is in your address book to prevent the spam filter getting it.
4. Secret Santa is an International event and last year we had 9 countries represented.  To keep shipping costs and timing down to a minimum I'm keeping countries together this year.  So all players will be shipping to other players within their own country.  Hopefully that helps smooth things out a bit, internationally.    
5.  I'll post more notes, tid-bits and info as I think of it. 

That's it! Thanks for playing and have fun. Happy Holidays, in advance.

FERA BRABA
UG Secret Santa
Est. 2003

11/6/12 11:23 AM
FERA BRABA
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Once you email me... all you have to do is wait.  At the closing of registration I will then organize the list and reply to you with the information of whom you'll be a Santa for.  Please don't email with questions about what to do or what to buy.  Read the directions above and keep it simple.  I have limited time to reply to nearly 100 people, especially when it comes to things that can be figured about by reading the original post.  

Thanks again.  I'm looking forward to another fun UG Holiday!  

11/6/12 11:28 AM
YVES JOCKSTRAP
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
11/6/12 11:53 AM
UGCTT_Reco Groman
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
11/6/12 12:05 PM
RickStorm
1514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

wow.. this year went by way way to fast.. VTFU Fera for doing this once again this year

11/6/12 12:14 PM
UGCTT_zackthewop
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've done this every year since 02' and I have given out some pretty good presents and got some pretty shitty ones. I keep doing it because I'm one of those weir people who loves Christmas and loves buying presents.

Of course I'm in again. Phone Post
11/6/12 12:15 PM
BaraoKix
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/22/12 5:58 PM
VTFU! hope everyone appreciates the time and effort, put in, by the OP...

Heres to everybody having a safe and happy holiday season...

11/6/12 12:16 PM
BaraoKix

UGCTT_zackthewop -  I've done this every year since 02' and I have given out some pretty good presents and got some pretty shitty ones. I keep doing it because I'm one of those weir people who loves Christmas and loves buying presents.

Well heres hoping that this year you get something awesome!
11/6/12 12:23 PM
UGCTT_zackthewop
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_zackthewop - I've done this every year since 02' and I have given out some pretty good presents and got some pretty shitty ones. I keep doing it because I'm one of those weir people who loves Christmas and loves buying presents.

Maybe it was 03'?

Haha who knows.

Anyways I'm an xxl

I would prefer a sweater or sweatshirt
Instructionals are cool
Memorabilia would be rad

Favorite fighters are
Diaz bros
Arlovski
Overeem
Genki sudo
Anderson silva
Ian McCall

Please no tapout, affliction, hitman, or anything with shiny sparkly stuff.

Thanks!! Phone Post
11/6/12 12:24 PM
UGCTT_zackthewop

BaraoKix -
VTFU!

I hope everyone appreciates the time and effort, put in, by the OP...
Fuck yeah he is rad for doing this. Especially after all the bitching and crying last year. Phone Post
11/6/12 1:11 PM
RabbiVJ
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/12 1:30 PM

Im in again as always i think this is my 5th year in a row.

im a 3xl shirt or a 44 short.  7 3/8 hat or m/l flexfit  

Would prefer a hoodie from RangerUp or Jaco or Under Armour

im also down for Ammo...preferably 9mm as ive consolidated all my calibers...22 WinMag is cool too as I can run that thru my black widow.

btw if anyone gets hosed this year (it somehow always happens) ill pick up an extra person...ive done it the last 3 years and ill do it this year...

Email sent.

11/6/12 1:11 PM
ilovetortillas
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/08/12 2:06 PM
As usual, I am DOWN (email sent).

EDITED :)

Things that I love:
Tiger Muay Thai
anything Muay Thai related
Buakaw
Team Lloyd Irvin
Diaz Brothers
Houston Texans
Houston Rockets
my Shih Tzu "Domino"

Things that I want that I ALWAYS forget to buy:
a new Gym bag
the red, white & blue hand wraps that look all srtipy when you put them on
a nicer mouthguard that the one I have

Things that are cool:
art
gag gifts
homemade gifts

(size Medium in shirts)
Also, my Kru has this awesome Tiger Muay Thai hoodie that I think is so awesome (size large on that if you are able to find it).
11/6/12 2:35 PM
Stephen Eakin
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Size XL shirts or 2x if they run small.
Size 36 shorts

Down for whatever Santa decides to send, but please keep it classy. No skulls or flaming eagles eating a snake etc. Phone Post
11/6/12 2:40 PM
Quik
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/21/12 11:26 PM
Six Deuce Clothing, Owner
I'm in! Size XL shirts, L/XL flexfit, 2XL hoodie. I don't trane UFC anymore, so no traneing gear plz. Somethin' classy please!

It really doesn't have to be MMA or clothing, anything interesting would be fine!!

If you order from Six Deuce for the Secret Santa, make sure you mention it in the comments!!! Order on Black Friday weekend, that's when gear will be the cheapest. I'm hooking SS gift recipients up with MMA.TV and #FranksFight stickers!! Also a discount code that can be used all next year! Also a free business card! BAM!

11/6/12 2:57 PM
ilovetortillas
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Eakin -  Size XL shirts or 2x if they run small.
Size 36 shorts

Down for whatever Santa decides to send, but please keep it classy. No skulls or flaming eagles eating a snake etc. Phone Post

Stop lying, Stephen, you know you want a new hat!

11/6/12 3:21 PM
Stephen Eakin

ilovetortillas -
Stephen Eakin -  Size XL shirts or 2x if they run small.
Size 36 shorts

Stop lying, Stephen, you know you want a new hat!

Lol also hat size is L/XL Phone Post
11/6/12 3:24 PM
ilovetortillas

Edited: 11/06/12 3:24 PM
LOL bro!
11/6/12 7:01 PM
UGCTT_Reco Groman

Email Sent

Size: XL Shirt/XXL Sweatshirt

Waist 38

Favorite Brands:

Clinch

Six Deuce

RVCA

The North Face

Fleshlight

Favorite Fighters:

Ian McCall

Ricardo Arona

Dan Henderson

Thiago Tavares

Chris Weidman

Props to Fera for doing this again! Fuck RJJH and Fuck the UG!

11/6/12 7:06 PM
The Mouth

IN!

Sending email now.

11/6/12 7:47 PM
bruised
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub'd. Phone Post
11/6/12 7:57 PM
FERA BRABA

There are so many good gear companies out there but I want to give big props to SIX DEUCE.  62GEAR.com has supported this event and me personally over the last half decade.  Please consider them as your purchase place.

Osss!

11/6/12 9:10 PM
UGCTT_Reco Groman

ttt

11/7/12 3:03 AM
RabbiVJ
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FERA BRABA - 

There are so many good gear companies out there but I want to give big props to SIX DEUCE.  62GEAR.com has supported this event and me personally over the last half decade.  Please consider them as your purchase place.

Osss!

word.  Craig is good people...he is awesome.

11/7/12 3:44 AM
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Email sent...

Would love some shirts or hoodies...
PRIDE or ONE FC would be awesome!
And of course the don´t be scared homie shirt! ;D
My Shirt size is XL.

And my little son would be happy about some stuff, too! =)
He´s 3 1/2 right now...

I don´t care about the prints on the shirts, as long as it is no bleeding dragon skull...

Thanx to Fera Braba soing this!
11/7/12 4:11 AM
ShanTheMan
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/13/12 10:22 PM
Count me in again!

Shirt size is large, all I ask is no tapout or skulls or whatever.

I really don't care what I get, maybe something original, MMA related or not just whoever gets me don't spend too much.

If MMA related, Warrior One and Clinch Gear are 2nd to only Six Deuce

Shannon

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.