UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Invicta President calls out shady managers

11/6/12 4:59 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1050 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Invicta FC President Shannon Knapp took to Facebook with an important message for the female fighters in MMA.

*** Attention Female Athletes ***

It has come to my attention AGAIN that there are still issues with Fight Managers out there that are saying that the only way female athletes will fight for Invicta FC is if the athlete signs with them and that these Fight Managers have the “in with Invicta FC” or they can have an at
hlete blackballed from our promotion.

YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND…THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE!!!

Please note…just because a Fight Manager has a lot of female athletes signed with Invicta FC doesn’t make them the “it guy” or the best Fight Manager, or the only Manager we prefer to deal with.

I will REPEAT this LOUDLY and CLEARLY so hopefully all female athletes, pro, and especially amateur female athletes, understand Invicta FC plays NO favorites to any Managers or Management Company and we NEVER will!

Female athletes are signed on their ability alone! If you want a contract with Invicta FC keep winning, fighting hard and you will get that contract!

The Manager works for you! It is your talent and ability alone that will get you a contract with Invicta FC. If you feel that you are being bullied or a Manager is making any of these claims in trying to sign you to their Management Company contracts please notify me personally.

I WILL NOT TOLERATE FEMALE ATHLETES BEING BULLIED, OR MANAGERS MISREPRESENTING THEMSELVES, OR THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITH INVICTA FC TO SIGN FEMALE ATHLETES TO THEIR MANAGEMENT CONTRACTS.

Please help to pass this information along so hopefully it will reach all the female athletes.

sknapp@invictafc.com

11/6/12 5:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
standupwarrior
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for her. Sounds like typical scumbag managers trying to deceive women fighters
11/6/12 5:09 PM
ALL DAY JAY
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well done Shannon Knapp.
11/6/12 5:11 PM
crowbar
665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/06/12 5:11 PM

Shannon.

11/6/12 5:12 PM
dMo
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This woman is great for the sport. I wish her and Invicta much success.

11/6/12 6:26 PM
Blaze3

This post is directed at Addison Sports Management, owned by Brett Atchley who manages over 10 Invicta fighters. I have been bullied by him and have been told by fighters that he has pressured them to sign with him.
11/6/12 6:27 PM
JustTheTipOfMyBonnar

She should issue an apology and a retraction for her own shady business before she slings mud at others. Phone Post
11/6/12 6:29 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blaze3 - This post is directed at Addison Sports Management, owned by Brett Atchley who manages over 10 Invicta fighters. I have been bullied by him and have been told by fighters that he has pressured them to sign with him.

11/6/12 6:30 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/06/12 6:33 PM

Oops, double.

11/6/12 7:09 PM
mass805

Just one thing.... bullied, really? This shits been happening for years with all fighters, female and male.

Dishonest management is part of all sports. To bring it to the level of being "bullied" since its such a catch word now is a bit cheap. it tries to make them out as victims.

Her athletes are not "bullied" into signing contracts… their frikin fighters, not little helpless kids.. So because they’re female Shannon pulls the “bully” card which I think takes a bit away from her athletes.

These are grown women fighters trying to get better deals, that’s it…and if there are dishonest managers out there, call them out. Don’t use them, but don’t make it like these poor girls have no control.
11/6/12 8:30 PM
cupertrooper
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"She should issue an apology and a retraction for her own shady business before she slings mud at others."

What in the world are you talking about??
11/6/12 8:41 PM
Brian J DSouza

Yet another reason why fighters need an association and some sort of certification process for managers like baseball has.

11/6/12 8:46 PM
JustTheTipOfMyBonnar

cupertrooper - "She should issue an apology and a retraction for her own shady business before she slings mud at others."

Are you unaware of the lies she has been spreading about how many viewers Invicta has been attracting? Phone Post
11/6/12 9:06 PM
Fighttrader

Blaze3 - This post is directed at Addison Sports Management, owned by Brett Atchley who manages over 10 Invicta fighters. I have been bullied by him and have been told by fighters that he has pressured them to sign with him.

Sorry to hear this happened. But my 2 cents if a manager is bullying you good chance he or she is not a very good manager. To me the first sign of bullying should be like yup no thanks. Watch Fight Factory in the episode where Zinkin is in the process of signing Chris Honeycutt. That is how it should go or similar to that as it's a mutual partnership.

To me the most amazing thing is this is such a small community we all know who the good and the bad managers are. Shoot ask around to find the best. Ask sponsors, ask other fighters. I get blown away when known bad managers sign more fighters, cause it's like how does that fighter not know better. Signing with a management company is a huge decision so take your time and do your research. Trust me when we sign someone new it's not a short process to make sure it's right.

Shannon is a great person and great for mma. I'm glad she spoke out. Even if it helps 1 fighter wake up and leave a bad manager to me it's worth it.
11/6/12 9:13 PM
Fighttrader

Brian J DSouza - Yet another reason why fighters need an association and some sort of certification process for managers like baseball has.

Agreed! Sherdog had a great piece where Robert Roveta talked about this. Really all major sports require some sort of guidelines to represent an athlete but MMA. In MMA a fan can go out and start managing. To be honest it's a huge issue in MMA right now.
11/6/12 9:34 PM
GladiatorGannon
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who the hell are these douchebags?
11/6/12 9:38 PM
JustTheTipOfMyBonnar

RyannVonDooDoo - 
JustTheTipOfMyBonnar -
cupertrooper - "She should issue an apology and a retraction for her own shady business before she slings mud at others."

Are you unaware of the lies she has been spreading about how many viewers Invicta has been attracting? Phone Post
If that's all you're talking about, stop crying. Were you talking about other things also? Share it, dont be a doucher. Phone Post

I'll stop crying when she owns up to her lies. No, just that; that's the only shady business on her part that I'm aware of. If she is that great of a person, she should just be humble enough to admit she fibbed, lied, or did not understand what she was saying. At the very least, she should correct her mistake.

11/6/12 9:38 PM
GladiatorGannon
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mass805 - Just one thing.... bullied, really? This shits been happening for years with all fighters, female and male.

Dishonest management is part of all sports. To bring it to the level of being "bullied" since its such a catch word now is a bit cheap. it tries to make them out as victims.

Her athletes are not "bullied" into signing contracts… their frikin fighters, not little helpless kids.. So because they’re female Shannon pulls the “bully” card which I think takes a bit away from her athletes.

These are grown women fighters trying to get better deals, that’s it…and if there are dishonest managers out there, call them out. Don’t use them, but don’t make it like these poor girls have no control.

mass805 - Just one thing.... bullied, really? This shits been happening for years with all fighters, female and male.

"It was wrong then and it's wrong now" - Phil Leotardo

These are bully tactics. Bully tactics are used at he highest level of business and politics all the time. It's messed up and it's wrong. Calling it out is not wrong.
11/6/12 9:49 PM
JustTheTipOfMyBonnar

RyannVonDooDoo - 
JustTheTipOfMyBonnar -
RyannVonDooDoo - 
JustTheTipOfMyBonnar -

If that's all you're talking about, stop crying. Were you talking about other things also? Share it, dont be a doucher. Phone Post

I'll stop crying when she owns up to her lies. No, just that; that's the only shady business on her part that I'm aware of. If she is that great of a person, she should just be humble enough to admit she fibbed, lied, or did not understand what she was saying. At the very least, she should correct her mistake.

Proof that she lied? And yes i'm aware of shoemoney's thread. I want a source from you for it. Phone Post

The final figure is "well above the 200K mark," Knapp will later tell me in an email, though she doesn't want to release a number and have that steal the focus from the fights. The traffic comes almost entirely from social media, mostly Twitter and Facebook. A few MMA websites drive viewers there as well, but what really helps is people like former Strikeforce champion Miesha Tate, who is in attendance and tweeting about it all night to her nearly 62,000 followers, who will in turn to tweet it to others, who will in turn click the link, if only to see what everyone's talking about on Saturday night.

I cannot provide a source for how many viewers they really had, but there is not a chance in this world they garnered over 200k; anybody with any sense knows that.

11/6/12 9:50 PM
JustTheTipOfMyBonnar

This is the best explanation:

Because the numbers are so out of the realm of possibility everyone knows it's not true. It would be like me betting you $100 that I weigh 195lbs and can bench press 17,000lbs but when you ask me to prove it I just say I don't want to. Since you didn't prove me wrong, by your theory, I guess I wasn't welching.

They claimed 200,000+ "SIMULTANEOUS" viewers. It's been shown the UFC, as popular as it is and being around for nearly 20 years, has never drawn over 100,000 simultaneous viewers. EliteXC, promoting with Showtime, has never had over 100,000. Shannon and Cindy went full retard with their numbers and now refuse to verify.

Even Cindy's source from last week, who as she puts it she's "not convinced he knew WTF he was doing" states that "Invicta isn't necessarily saying that at any one point there are 250,000 people all watching the stream at the same time." 

So, their own source clearly disagrees with the "simultaneous views" aspect of their claims. And now she is welching.

11/6/12 9:56 PM
sadisticsoldier
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC has never had 100,000 simultaneous viewers? Bullshit. Last ep of tuf had 1.1 million, you really think somehow they tuned in just right to not have 100,000 at the same time. What a buttfucking retarded thing to say.

Also, daaaaaaaamn, at Knapps post.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/popcorn_yes.gif
11/6/12 10:06 PM
JustTheTipOfMyBonnar

Edited: 11/06/12 10:08 PM
sadisticsoldier - UFC has never had 100,000 simultaneous viewers? Bullshit. Last ep of tuf had 1.1 million, you really think somehow they tuned in just right to not have 100,000 at the same time. What a buttfucking retarded thing to say.

Dawg, the "buttfucking retarded" thing in this thread is you misunderstanding his point; he was talking about online streams. I'd believe Invicta did 1 million on CNBC before I'd believe they pulled 200k online streams.

There is just no way what she says is true and everyone will keep bringing it up until she comes clean.

11/6/12 10:08 PM
RowdyBec
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boom shakalala :) <3

11/6/12 10:18 PM
sadisticsoldier
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustTheTipOfMyBonnar - 
sadisticsoldier - UFC has never had 100,000 simultaneous viewers? Bullshit. Last ep of tuf had 1.1 million, you really think somehow they tuned in just right to not have 100,000 at the same time. What a buttfucking retarded thing to say.

Dawg, the "buttfucking retarded" thing in this thread is you misunderstanding his point; he was talking about online streams. I'd believe Invicta did 1 million on CNBC before I'd believe they pulled 200k online streams.

There is just no way what she says is true and everyone will keep bringing it up until she comes clean.

Supposedly UFC 100 had 1.6 million people buy it. Are we really supposed to believe that people paid that much money to just not watch the main event? Seriously, wtf. If you want to talk UFC internet streams that may be a different story, I wouldn't know. However, UFC main cards cost a lot more than free and those who pay will tend to buy it on their cable or satellite box and watch on their biggest and/or most expensive tv, and mostly only hardest of the hardcore fans watch the live content online. Who else will waste like 5 hours straight on MMA? I do, but I know I'm in the vast minority. Probably not in this thread though.

Comparing internet streams between people who solely are broadcasting on the internet and those who aren't is pointless, and does Strikeforce even broadcast online at all? I know that league of legends tourneys have gotten well over 200k concurrent, and at least to me is less interesting than women's MMA. Anyway, my point is that post you quoted makes no sense.
11/6/12 10:23 PM
sadisticsoldier

Sorry, Elite XC is what it said in the post. Was awhile since I read it. Did Elite XC even do an internet stream?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.