UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DRAKA

11/6/12 5:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
unfilter
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

some kind of russian kickboxing org that allowed for takedowns?

can't find much about it but it sounds like a lot of talent fought for them at one point.
11/6/12 5:18 PM
unfilter
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qHu0nwy8KM

sorry my bluey expired, somebody lend a hand?
11/6/12 5:20 PM
unfilter

http://drakasport.com/fotalb/lasv/images/15.jpg
11/6/12 5:27 PM
KevinMcAllister
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/6/12 5:28 PM
KevinMcAllister
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/6/12 5:29 PM
Tom O'BentOverByFitch
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winklejohn said in his recent interview he competed in Draka a few times.

11/6/12 5:31 PM
unfilter

thanks kev, youre a boss.

yeah that wink interview was where i heard about it too; put my google-goggles on and got me the whole LV event~
11/6/12 5:32 PM
Tom O'BentOverByFitch
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd never heard of it before either.

I always thought San Shou was the premier striking/TD competition.

11/6/12 5:37 PM
KevinMcAllister

unfilter - thanks kev, youre a boss.

yeah that wink interview was where i heard about it too; put my google-goggles on and got me the whole LV event~

No problemo mi amigo

11/6/12 5:39 PM
unfilter

Tom O'BentOverByFitch - 

I'd never heard of it before either.

I always thought San Shou was the premier striking/TD competition.

well from what i can find, Draka only ever put on 7 big events (or at least 7 listed on sherdog) although they still have a website up.
11/6/12 6:00 PM
PTM2020
1362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/06/12 6:10 PM

they had some of em here in L.A. back in the 90's.

some fights were quite entertaining, other's not so much.

11/6/12 6:05 PM
Massa
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The real Draka:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheDraka
11/6/12 6:10 PM
ChaosOverkill
736 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unfilter should have permanent blue for his gifs and contributions

11/6/12 6:14 PM
Sudo21
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They have weird MMA rules.

Three minutes rounds and stand-ups after 30 seconds no matter in which position you are, or what are you doing (you can have fully locked triangle choke and they will stand you up).

They've had three events this year.
11/6/12 6:32 PM
cheesesteak
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/6/12 7:43 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/06/12 8:07 PM

Russia and China had a lot of cross influence on each other (commies), and Draka was the Russian version of San shou. Think kickboxing version of combat sambo.

11/6/12 8:02 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
587 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bull_in_chinashop -

Russia and China had a lot of cross influence on each other (commies), and Draka, was the Russian version of San shou. Think kickboxing version of combat sambo.

What exactly is the difference between sambo and mma competition? Aside from the headgear and shin pads Phone Post
11/6/12 8:04 PM
Tom O'BentOverByFitch

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Bull_in_chinashop -

Russia and China had a lot of cross influence on each other (commies), and Draka, was the Russian version of San shou. Think kickboxing version of combat sambo.

What exactly is the difference between sambo and mma competition? Aside from the headgear and shin pads Phone Post

I believe Sambo has a point-scoring system instead of a 10 point-must system.

11/6/12 8:26 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Bull_in_chinashop -

Sport sambo, is different from combat sambo competition. The first is much closer to judo. Assuming you're refering to the later, it's similar - a wide rule set: punch, kick, knee, throw, wrestle, groundwork.

11/6/12 8:31 PM
russkisambist
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, combat sambo has point system. Each move equals so many points. If a strike causes an athlete to fall its scored as a throw. Other than that no points for strikes. Knockout, sub or clean throw wins the match. It's held in the mat, not cage or ring. Kurtka (jacket), sambo shoes and shorts must be worn. Plus open face headgear and shin guards. Great base for mma. Oh, and draka ruled!!!! (Draka means fight) Phone Post
11/6/12 8:31 PM
crowbar
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forum member & pro fighter Tim Lajcik fought in Draka.

11/6/12 10:21 PM
unfilter

russkisambist -  Yes, combat sambo has point system. Each move equals so many points. If a strike causes an athlete to fall its scored as a throw. Other than that no points for strikes. Knockout, sub or clean throw wins the match. It's held in the mat, not cage or ring. Kurtka (jacket), sambo shoes and shorts must be worn. Plus open face headgear and shin guards. Great base for mma. Oh, and draka ruled!!!! (Draka means fight) Phone Post

would be interesting if they scored mma with a similar philosophy.
11/7/12 5:19 PM
unfilter

ChaosOverkill - 

Unfilter should have permanent blue for his gifs and contributions

thanks for the vote of confidence bud~

doesn't anyone have a DRAKA story to share?

i was kinda hoping rick storm would come in and tell us about how he fought for them and his purse was a 10 ruble bottle of vodka and a prize ukrainian hen.
11/7/12 8:29 PM
Kings21
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure I really get the point of having TD rules in a competition when you're not allowed to follow up on the ground.
11/24/12 8:55 AM
NorthFromHere
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.