UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Velasquez: dos Santos loss still eating at me

11/6/12 6:01 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

It may seem like ages ago now, but in reality less than a year has passed since Velasquez crumpled on the mat under a hailstorm of punches, forfeiting his heavyweight strap to Junior dos Santos in a surprisingly anticlimactic performance on the biggest stage in UFC history. Everyone was expecting something short, violent, and spectacular. But not like that.

"It's been eating at me for a while," Velasquez admitted through clenched teeth at a recent media luncheon. "[The loss] definitely did happen, and it hurt. It sucked. I've been waiting for a while to get revenge back."

"It's just so easy to get hurt in this sport," Velasquez explained. "Whether it be cuts, your joints, bones, everything can mess up at any given time. The way that we train is just so much like a real fight.

"You definitely don't know (who's going to be on the card until fight night). Because guys, we're going to just be in the gym training our butts off, and that's it. We don't worry about getting hurt in the gym. We just don't. We go in, and we just try to get the best workout we can, compete against our teammates, because that's what we're doing. We're always trying to be the best even inside the gym. It's just so easy to get hurt."

read entire article...

11/6/12 6:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder how he will feel when JDS ko's him for a second time?
11/6/12 6:45 PM
bigdee1983420
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just cann't see Cain beating JDS at this time in my mind. He would have to establish a solid wresting game to take it to JDS. JDS is physically strong/and has great balance. His takedownD is on another level,very impressive. In a stand-up striking/boxing match JDS is superior,blistering speed. That huge gap in striking/boxing skill level,JDS always wins in my opinion.
11/6/12 7:13 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He can win this fight, he's still an awesome fighter. There is a reason he was a champ before. I hope he wins so we can see a trilogy for this match up.
11/6/12 7:26 PM
lgi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heard he was sick coming into the JDS fight (and that JDS was injured). This is a highly anticipated rematch for me. I believe Cain takes it this time around. Would love to see a trilogy if that happens.
11/6/12 7:39 PM
the pimp
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's going down Bigfoot silva style. Phone Post
11/6/12 7:48 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate how motivated and locked in Cain is right now. He'll probably win imo. Phone Post
11/6/12 8:42 PM
RicoVelasquez
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain by the way Warzone said.
A lot of people are in for a huge surprise.
Can a muddy take SN bets too?
If not I'll purchase a blue and bet anyone. Phone Post
11/6/12 9:34 PM
xXJayRobXx
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it will be a lot more competitive in the 2nd fight. I bet we get to see How JDS fights off his back in this fight. Phone Post
11/6/12 9:44 PM
Arecsa
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata - He can win this fight, he's still an awesome fighter. There is a reason he was a champ before. I hope he wins so we can see a trilogy for this match up.

The reason he was champ before is because he didn't have to fight JDS to get it. JDS is a bad matchup for him, he's getting starched again. Dana is so pathetically desperate for him to be champ he'll continue to get more undeserved title shots anyway.
11/6/12 10:50 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dus 10 - Color me conflicted! Jr wont ko cain this time,imo. 3 rnd beating but mexican holds him down 2.
Hey dus, sn bet on it? I got JDS Phone Post
11/6/12 10:51 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait, ur sayin jds will win lol Phone Post
11/7/12 8:25 AM
GarlicSauce

I like the part about Cain eating a taco. Homeboy's keepin' it real.
11/7/12 8:54 AM
Leck Brosnar

Kongo would've probably KO'd Cain if he had the TDD of JDS. JDS wins by KO in 2 rounds.
11/7/12 10:06 AM
warrendale

Cain fought one time since he was ktfo. I hope he remembers that fight and it eats at him, it was only one fight ago. He gets a cut victory over Bigfoot who was coming off a loss and now he gets a title shot again? I under stand overeem is suspended but Cain isn't the number one or two hw not after a ko loss and a tko cut victory. Struve is more deserving and would put up the same weak performance Cain has done and will do again against jds. Phone Post
11/7/12 10:46 AM
sarcotraps

Cain better hope he can get Dos Santos down because there is no training for the chin.
11/7/12 2:45 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sarcotraps - Cain better hope he can get Dos Santos down because there is no training for the chin.
I don't think it's a chin problem, just going against a superior boxer that hits incredibly hard problem Phone Post
11/7/12 3:03 PM
BaraoKix

Immaculata - He can win this fight, he's still an awesome fighter. There is a reason he was a champ before. I hope he wins so we can see a trilogy for this match up.

Yup, the reason was: Brock HATES getting punched in the face...
11/7/12 3:43 PM
orcus

sarcotraps - Cain better hope he can get Dos Santos down because there is no training for the chin.

He never got hit in the chin in that fight.

11/7/12 3:48 PM
Jetster
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Cain will win..
11/7/12 4:00 PM
pharochuck
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Zed Wayne Zed - I think JDS will win, but if you guys don't take a motivated and internally angry Cain seriously, you are making a mistake.

This guy is a tank, and is a Top 3 HW MMA fighter on Planet Earth.

He looked scary hunched over Bigfoot covered in blood.....

this^^ this fight could end up being a war

11/7/12 5:58 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arecsa - 

The reason he was champ before is because he didn't have to fight JDS to get it. JDS is a bad matchup for him, he's getting starched again. Dana is so pathetically desperate for him to be champ he'll continue to get more undeserved title shots anyway.

We'll see. I think it'll be more competitive this time around. I've posted on many threads on here about this subject stating that Ring Rust is real, and it played a factor in the 1st fight. I also believe its going to be a factor in the upcoming GSP/Condit fight.
11/7/12 8:04 PM
bigdee1983420
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you know fighting you would realize that JDS is a bad match-up for Cain period. Thats not saying Cain is a bad fighter,its just JDS has a huge edge over him. There's a reason why JDS gave him his leg in the first fight. To prove a point,that dude you cann't take me down,but here's my leg to try. JDS is physically strong w/amazing balance/takedownD technique. There's a huge gap in striking/boxing skill level,that Cain cann't match at this time. There's a reason Vitali Klitschko,and David Haye said JDS's hands/boxing are/is world class. He is a Phenom,that has never been seen in HWT MMA as far as Boxing. The only guys imo,that will challenge him are world class strikers like Overeem or Mark Hunt. Not Wrestling base type fighters,because they cann't get him down to implement there game.
11/8/12 1:31 PM
bhealthy

CAIN WINS
11/8/12 3:55 PM
rosario00

Warzone209 -
lgi - I heard he was sick coming into the JDS fight (and that JDS was injured). This is a highly anticipated rematch for me. I believe Cain takes it this time around. Would love to see a trilogy if that happens.

JDS was so injured he jumped and fell down with all his body weight on his "injured" knee in the victory pose...cain actually had a 1 year layoff where he couldn't do any sparring / weight training for almost a year due to torn rotar cuff shoulder surgury thats why he came in flabby as fuck.

Cain always comes in "flabby as fuck " Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.