UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> The GG's favourite and least fave Marvel artists??

11/7/12 8:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lurkingveteran
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just had a look at Dillons work on Hulk and I agree its riduculous! Every character is a clone. Its terrible Phone Post
11/7/12 8:11 PM
lurkingveteran
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BIGWHITESEXY -

LOL OKAY AFTER REREADING THIS  I TOTALLY DIDN'T STICK TO THE GUIDELINES OF THIS THREAD.............BUT  ROSS'S ARTWORK IS AMAZING. 

he has done some Marvel stuff..looks pretty unique. im gonna check it out Phone Post
11/7/12 8:52 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Art Adams....Rob Leifeld

End thread/
11/7/12 8:53 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Coipel is badass...love me some old Pacheco...Silvestri too
11/8/12 10:17 PM
lurkingveteran

Ok am i going crazy, i just read Avx:consequences 5 ( the finale pre Marvel Now) and the art was an absolute joke, like a 5 year old had done it and Marvel didnt care...Gabriel Hernandez Walta...WTF! this is the worst ive seen....anyone else seen this Phone Post
11/9/12 1:02 AM
Calebcb
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Favorite: Clayton Crain. First noticed him from Ghost Rider. He's perfect for the darker toned books they usually put him on.

Least favorite: Steve Dillon. I like his work with Ennis in more humorous and/or realistic settings, but I hate his superheroes and everyone looking like Herr Star.

11/9/12 6:21 AM
UGCTT_OBEY
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big fan of Mike Deodato's work in dark avengers Phone Post
11/9/12 8:22 AM
MarkRobinson
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/09/12 8:26 AM

A lot of my favorite artists have been on spidey books. Im a big fan of the late Mike Wieringo. His style seemed perfect for an animated series. Super clean but also nicely detailed. 

11/9/12 8:25 AM
MarkRobinson
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As for an artist that i dislike... Id have to say Ed Mcguinness. For some reason i just dont care for his artwork. Hes got some good work but most of the time i hate to read whole comics of his art work. Theres plenty of guys i dislike more than him but it was the first thing that popped into my head. 

11/9/12 9:08 AM
shibbytastic
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lurkingveteran -  I just had a look at Dillons work on Hulk and I agree its riduculous! Every character is a clone. Its terrible Phone Post

I loved him on preacher, but I can't stand him now. Dillon draws one face.
11/9/12 9:54 AM
paw
1421 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson - 

A lot of my favorite artists have been on spidey books. Im a big fan of the late Mike Wieringo. His style seemed perfect for an animated series. Super clean but also nicely detailed. 

Great call!

RIP

11/9/12 9:58 AM
Stickgrappler
1569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think you guys nailed it... i don't like dillon cos of one face.

back in da day, Herb Trimpe drove me nuts, his hulk was what drove me nuts. when i saw dillon's work ages ago, i had a thought of Trimpe. although found nothing wrong with Trimpe's GI Joe.

slight digression, Paul Gulacy, loved his Master of Kung Fu work, read his Catwoman run from a few years ago... seems most of his women all look like Leiko Wu. I like his art generally and his women's one face doesn't detract but Dillon's for some reason i dislike strongly.

11/9/12 10:12 AM
Stickgrappler
1569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gulacy's Leiko Wu

http://www.comicbookreligion.com/img/l/e/Leiko_Wu.jpg

Gulacy's Catwoman - can't find one now that i thought looked like Leiko

http://www.gulacy.com/dc/catwoman/catwoman-37/catwoman37-cover.jpg

Gulacy's work on Warren Ellis' / Homage Comics' "Reload"

http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/data/media/192/reload-mek-tpb.jpg
11/9/12 10:56 AM
paw
1421 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For Stick:

Gulacy's Catwoman - can't find one now that i thought looked like Leiko Gulacy's work on Warren Ellis' / Homage Comics' "Reload"

11/9/12 11:02 AM
Hemlock
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't hurt me GG, but Walt Simonson has been shitting in every book he has been a part of for the last while.

You can barely tell this is Thor.

11/9/12 11:17 AM
paw

LOL @ Need more pouches

11/9/12 11:38 AM
Hemlock
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More Marko love

11/9/12 11:51 AM
ProjectGenesis
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just read a comic here on the GG called "Banner!". The artwork in that one sucked so much ass.
11/9/12 11:58 AM
Stickgrappler

looking for Trimpe art that made me think what i thought... i'm older and my memory is da suck... so far what i've googled, Trimpe's art is ok... my bad (i think)

thx paw!
11/9/12 5:46 PM
RedDragonUK
425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From the current MARVEL NOW crop of artists.

Like: Dale Keown

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0cZBRh5kBsk/Tdcxcrr2G5I/AAAAAAAAAoo/y7qAXW9rvlI/s1600/hulk-by-dale-keown-l.jpg

Skottie Young

http://geekdraw.com/storage/post/comics/skottie_young_102012_95.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1351347179165

Dislike:

Greg Land

http://www.herosandwich.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/land-ff.jpg

Lenil Francis Yu

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/48/Blackoutvampire.jpg/250px-Blackoutvampire.jpg
11/10/12 1:49 AM
SKARHEAD

On a side note...John Romita Jr. Draws the best Juggernaut although he sucks at drawing many characters....He's great when he's on board and trying like his stuff on Daredevil and Kickass....but he's awful on X-Men, Wolverine, or anything Captain America related.

Alan Davis, Art Adams, and Jim Lee also render a great Juggernaut....everyone else pretty much sucks at drawing the character.

Now Art Adams on X-Men is ABSOLUTE PERFECTION
11/11/12 12:10 AM
Kneeblock

Leigh - As stated before, I can't stand Bogdanove

Bogdanove elevates bad to a whole new art form.

I can't believe they gave this guy Superman once upon a time. It's like they totally wrote the character off. Bad enough we had to suffer through Louise Simonson's writing, but add in Bogs? Ugh.

11/11/12 2:27 AM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Worst

Photobucket

11/11/12 2:28 AM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ Still can't believe that's a published comic

11/11/12 10:09 AM
crescentwrench
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I said Dillon somewhere as the worst so I'll repeat. I agree he draws one face. And it is the face of Downs Syndrome. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.