UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva to attend UFC 154

11/7/12 9:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TEX4N32
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ wtf why did my quote mix with his?? Fuckin wierd. Phone Post
11/7/12 9:53 AM
Iskalainen
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YellowWrkedByTapIn - 
crazyea -  "Im não impressionado com o seu desempenho" - Silva Phone Post

I hate you so damn bad right now. I came in here to post the exact same thing >_< Voce fala Portuguese?

Haha, me as well. Even though I would rather see a Jones vs Silva build up, I am gonna giggle like a schoolgirl if Silva says that.
11/7/12 9:56 AM
ALL DAY JAY
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Call me crazy, but I still see GSP beating Silva. He could take hime down when ever he wanted, and his ground game is more dangerous than Sonnens. Obviously if GSP made the mistake of standing in front of Silva, Silva would destroy him.
11/7/12 10:08 AM
Coranamo

Huge Silva fan. Why is he challenging down a weight class? That seems like some pansy shit. Pretty disappointing seeing him seemingly go down this path when the Jones fight is what really needs to happen. Hope nothing happens in Montreal.
11/7/12 10:15 AM
Snakey

this
Jones to attend UFC 154 and call out Silva
11/7/12 10:19 AM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Mushroom Slap - 
Goderson Silva - 
Mushroom Slap - GSP doesnt want the fight. Bit of a dick move from Silva
GSP watched him at 112 when he fought Maia... Was that a dick move? Phone Post

if he comes into the cage after teh fight to call him out like the article says is a possibility.

GSP was supposed to do that at 112....until Andy pissed off Uncle Dana.

Seems GSP "wanted" ,or at least was going, to fight Anderson then!!!

11/7/12 10:20 AM
Mdson
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would much rather see Jones vs Silva instead. GSP is way too small compared to Anderson.
11/7/12 10:20 AM
mwmhong
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bendo Smooth'd out my Butthole 2.0 - If he does call him out and they make it all WWF(fuck WWE) style in the ring I hope GSP just says, "well ergh why don't you want to fight Jon Jones" Phone Post
lol Phone Post
11/7/12 10:21 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

x Anchor x -
Goderson Silva -
You fucking tool, he didn't suggest that he was there to call him out. He just came to watch. Phone Post
The plan at that time for was Silva to drop in weight and fight gsp after Maia. But because of the way that fight went Dana said no. Phone Post
11/7/12 10:21 AM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Mdson - I would much rather see Jones vs Silva instead. GSP is way too small compared to Anderson.

Anderson is even smaller compared to Jones than GSP is compared to Silva.

11/7/12 10:22 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ALL DAY JAY - Call me crazy, but I still see GSP beating Silva. He could take hime down when ever he wanted, and his ground game is more dangerous than Sonnens. Obviously if GSP made the mistake of standing in front of Silva, Silva would destroy him.
I don't think it's that crazy either... people seem to think a sizeable weight advantage is needed to beat Silva though. Phone Post
11/7/12 10:25 AM
Card
2027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not interested.

11/7/12 10:45 AM
ALL DAY JAY

Goderson Silva - 
ALL DAY JAY - Call me crazy, but I still see GSP beating Silva. He could take hime down when ever he wanted, and his ground game is more dangerous than Sonnens. Obviously if GSP made the mistake of standing in front of Silva, Silva would destroy him.

Underestimating Silvas TDD.

GSP won't have the weight that Sonnen has and he did just fine in the second fight, he is working with a great wrestling coach.

220lb Bonnar couldnt get him down and you think GSP would?

It has been proven that Silva can be taken down, and it has been proven that GSP has some of, if not the best, take downs in MMA. GSP has taken down every high level wrestler that he has faced, and Silva does not have high level wrestling skills. So yes, I think GSP could take him down at will.
11/7/12 10:58 AM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

ALL DAY JAY - 
Goderson Silva - 
ALL DAY JAY - Call me crazy, but I still see GSP beating Silva. He could take hime down when ever he wanted, and his ground game is more dangerous than Sonnens. Obviously if GSP made the mistake of standing in front of Silva, Silva would destroy him.

GSP won't have the weight that Sonnen has and he did just fine in the second fight, he is working with a great wrestling coach.

It has been proven that Silva can be taken down, and it has been proven that GSP has some of, if not the best, take downs in MMA. GSP has taken down every high level wrestler that he has faced, and Silva does not have high level wrestling skills. So yes, I think GSP could take him down at will.

Good points.

Here is to hoping that GSP has the same faith in himself that you have in him and steps up after he beats Condit. I don't think GSP is as confident as you are though...

11/7/12 11:11 AM
ALL DAY JAY

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up - 
ALL DAY JAY - 
Goderson Silva - 

Good points.

Here is to hoping that GSP has the same faith in himself that you have in him and steps up after he beats Condit. I don't think GSP is as confident as you are though...

I have faith that he can take Silva down. As far as winning the fight; I think that it is very possible, but it is also very possible that Silva goes fukll matrix on him on the feet and GSP wakes up wondering what happend. This is a fight that i want to see, regardless of the outcome.
11/7/12 11:13 AM
rowdyrooster

The GSP fight has to happen first. If he fights Bones first there is for sure no interest in the GSP fight. It's all about money. Plus Anderson has already said he wants about 3 more fights, so my guess would it goes GSP, some warm up as he is going back up in weight, and then Bones Jones.

A lot more money in two super fights than one Phone Post
11/7/12 11:13 AM
da Vinci 81
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
Mdson - I would much rather see Jones vs Silva instead. GSP is way too small compared to Anderson.

Incorrect. His frame is closer to jones' than gsp's. When jones eased off training and his diet a few months ago he was 230, only 10lbs above what Anderson weighs when he does the same. They both are naturally closer in weight than you would think. Phone Post
11/7/12 11:14 AM
da Vinci 81
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
Mushroom Slap - 
Goderson Silva - 

if he comes into the cage after teh fight to call him out like the article says is a possibility.

Source? Phone Post
11/7/12 11:21 AM
nolabrum

Last I heard GSP said he won't fight silva unless they give 50% ownership of the UFC. He said he is the champion at 170 and Silva is the Champ at 185. He would move up to 185 but to many of his friends compete at 185 so there's no point. GSP however did say he would move up to 185 and fight Alessio Sakara, Buddy Roberts CB Dollaway, or Cung Le. (Not actually quoted from GSP) Phone Post
11/7/12 11:22 AM
UGCTT_nightkap
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I rewatched Silva/Maia and wondered what GSP was doing there cageside...I forgot about it. Phone Post
11/7/12 11:24 AM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Edited: 11/07/12 11:25 AM
da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -

Incorrect. His frame is closer to jones' than gsp's. When jones eased off training and his diet a few months ago he was 230, only 10lbs above what Anderson weighs when he does the same. They both are naturally closer in weight than you would think. Phone Post

"Walking Weight" is the most useless thing there is.

When they are BOTH in the best possible shape for a fight they can be in:

Anderson: ~198-203

Jones: 218-226

What they weigh in the off season is meaningless.

Compare that to GSP who has been 192/3 for his last 3 fights in the cage. Do the math.

Frame wise Anderson is closer to Bones in HEIGHT, but reach is MUCH closer to GSP than Bones.

In the 3 major facets of "size" (height/reach/weight) GSP and Andy are much closer in 2/3 categories.

11/7/12 11:25 AM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
Mushroom Slap - 
Goderson Silva - 

Source? Phone Post

Ummm.....the PPV for 112. Where they show GSP cageside and Dana and Rogan both state that 'if Anderson wins he will face GSP next'....

11/7/12 11:33 AM
da Vinci 81

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
Mushroom Slap - 
Goderson Silva - 

Source? Phone Post

Ummm.....the PPV for 112. Where they show GSP cageside and Dana and Rogan both state that 'if Anderson wins he will face GSP next'....

Oh, so you mean it wasn't gsp or his manager making that statement? Right, that's what I thought. Phone Post
11/7/12 11:44 AM
da Vinci 81

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -

"Walking Weight" is the most useless thing there is.

When they are BOTH in the best possible shape for a fight they can be in:

Anderson: ~198-203

Jones: 218-226

What they weigh in the off season is meaningless.

Compare that to GSP who has been 192/3 for his last 3 fights in the cage. Do the math.

Frame wise Anderson is closer to Bones in HEIGHT, but reach is MUCH closer to GSP than Bones.

In the 3 major facets of "size" (height/reach/weight) GSP and Andy are much closer in 2/3 categories.

Anderson's frame comfortably and naturally carries a weight much closer to what jones' does. Anyone can manipulate their weight up and down as they see fit through diet and training but it is not an indication of what their natural weight is.

Hell, if gsp dieted and reduced his strength training similar to Anderson's he could likely fight at 155. Guys fight at a weight they feel most comfortable at but that's not always based on size. Phone Post
11/7/12 11:47 AM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Edited: 11/07/12 11:52 AM
EDIT:DOUBLE

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.