UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva to attend UFC 154

11/7/12 11:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
da Vinci 81
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
Mdson - I would much rather see Jones vs Silva instead. GSP is way too small compared to Anderson.

Anderson is even smaller compared to Jones than GSP is compared to Silva.

Incorrect. His frame is closer to jones' than gsp's. When jones eased off training and his diet a few months ago he was 230, only 10lbs above what Anderson weighs when he does the same. They both are naturally closer in weight than you would think. Phone Post

"Walking Weight" is the most useless thing there is.

When they are BOTH in the best possible shape for a fight they can be in:

Anderson: ~198-203

Jones: 218-226

What they weigh in the off season is meaningless.

Compare that to GSP who has been 192/3 for his last 3 fights in the cage. Do the math.

Frame wise Anderson is closer to Bones in HEIGHT, but reach is MUCH closer to GSP than Bones.

In the 3 major facets of "size" (height/reach/weight) GSP and Andy are much closer in 2/3 categories.

Anderson's frame comfortably and naturally carries a weight much closer to what jones' does. Anyone can manipulate their weight up and down as they see fit through diet and training but it is not an indication of what their natural weight is.

Hell, if gsp dieted and reduced his strength training similar to Anderson's he could likely fight at 155. Guys fight at a weight they feel most comfortable at but that's not always based on size. Phone Post
11/7/12 11:47 AM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/07/12 11:52 AM
EDIT:DOUBLE
11/7/12 11:48 AM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
Mushroom Slap - 
Goderson Silva - 
Mushroom Slap - GSP doesnt want the fight. Bit of a dick move from Silva
GSP watched him at 112 when he fought Maia... Was that a dick move? Phone Post

if he comes into the cage after teh fight to call him out like the article says is a possibility.

GSP was supposed to do that at 112....until Andy pissed off Uncle Dana.

Seems GSP "wanted" ,or at least was going, to fight Anderson then!!!

Source? Phone Post

Ummm.....the PPV for 112. Where they show GSP cageside and Dana and Rogan both state that 'if Anderson wins he will face GSP next'....

Oh, so you mean it wasn't gsp or his manager making that statement? Right, that's what I thought. Phone Post

I know man, you're SOOOOOO right. We should ignore that GSP flew for 14+ hours, that the PRESIDENT of the company said so, and that GSP gave the camera a thumbs up when talking about it.....

That's what I thought.

11/7/12 11:51 AM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Edited: 11/07/12 11:51 AM
da Vinci 81 - 

Compare that to GSP who has been 192/3 for his last 3 fights in the cage. Do the math.

Frame wise Anderson is closer to Bones in HEIGHT, but reach is MUCH closer to GSP than Bones.

In the 3 major facets of "size" (height/reach/weight) GSP and Andy are much closer in 2/3 categories.

Anderson's frame comfortably and naturally carries a weight much closer to what jones' does. Anyone can manipulate their weight up and down as they see fit through diet and training but it is not an indication of what their natural weight is.

Hell, if gsp dieted and reduced his strength training similar to Anderson's he could likely fight at 155. Guys fight at a weight they feel most comfortable at but that's not always based on size. Phone Post

Again you're SOOOOO right.

Anderson just weighed in at 202, but he truly is much closer to the 225ish that Bones weighs....lol.

Anderson comes in UNDER the 185 limit regularly too, but you know better than the facts that where he is "comfortable". You're a joke man. Facts > your speculation.

Jones is talking about moving to HW in 12-15 months, Anderson is talking aboutgoing BELOW 185 to fight GSP. Use your brain.

11/7/12 11:55 AM
MadmanGadman
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goderson Silva -
ALL DAY JAY - Call me crazy, but I still see GSP beating Silva. He could take hime down when ever he wanted, and his ground game is more dangerous than Sonnens. Obviously if GSP made the mistake of standing in front of Silva, Silva would destroy him.

Underestimating Silvas TDD.

GSP won't have the weight that Sonnen has and he did just fine in the second fight, he is working with a great wrestling coach.

220lb Bonnar couldnt get him down and you think GSP would?
GSP is know for being able to take down bigger guys in practice. I would say he has no problem taking down Anderson. But every fight starts standing and we all know Anderson's a beat on his feet. Phone Post
11/7/12 12:13 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Edited: 11/07/12 12:14 PM

GSP vs Silva:

4" height difference

1.5" Reach/Wingspan difference

5-10 lb difference in the cage (based on FACTS and them meeting at a catchweight)

Jones vs Silva:

2" height difference

7" reach/wingspan difference

15-23 lb difference in the cage ( based on FACTS and them meeting at a catchweight)

11/7/12 12:45 PM
Matrixkick
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
Mdson - I would much rather see Jones vs Silva instead. GSP is way too small compared to Anderson.

Anderson is even smaller compared to Jones than GSP is compared to Silva.

Here we go Phone Post
11/7/12 12:52 PM
da Vinci 81
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
Mushroom Slap - 
Goderson Silva - 
Mushroom Slap - GSP doesnt want the fight. Bit of a dick move from Silva
GSP watched him at 112 when he fought Maia... Was that a dick move? Phone Post

if he comes into the cage after teh fight to call him out like the article says is a possibility.

GSP was supposed to do that at 112....until Andy pissed off Uncle Dana.

Seems GSP "wanted" ,or at least was going, to fight Anderson then!!!

Source? Phone Post

Ummm.....the PPV for 112. Where they show GSP cageside and Dana and Rogan both state that 'if Anderson wins he will face GSP next'....

Oh, so you mean it wasn't gsp or his manager making that statement? Right, that's what I thought. Phone Post

I know man, you're SOOOOOO right. We should ignore that GSP flew for 14+ hours, that the PRESIDENT of the company said so, and that GSP gave the camera a thumbs up when talking about it.....

That's what I thought.

Lol really? That's your evidence? A fighter attending an event is now proof they're lining up a fight. You really are an idiot if that's what you believe. And Dana saying they will fight means squat, you should know that by now. Phone Post
11/7/12 12:57 PM
da Vinci 81

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
da Vinci 81 - 

Anderson just weighed in at 202, but he truly is much closer to the 225ish that Bones weighs....lol.

Anderson comes in UNDER the 185 limit regularly too, but you know better than the facts that where he is "comfortable". You're a joke man. Facts > your speculation.

Jones is talking about moving to HW in 12-15 months, Anderson is talking aboutgoing BELOW 185 to fight GSP. Use your brain.

Thank you, I know I'm right. If you actually understood how diet and strength and conditioning factors in to a person's weight this wouldn't be such a difficult concept for you.

Keep spouting your UFC stats though, I'm sure they're incredibly accurate. So much so that anderson has incredibly grown 3 inches since his debut against leben! Amazing! Phone Post
11/7/12 1:14 PM
TARRat
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Billytk - 
Arecsa - I hope he does get in there afterwards. GSP always ducks the question about them fighting when posed to him in interviews, lets see what he says when he is face to face with Anderson.

Hopefully GSP will just say "maybe after your fight with Jones we can work something out" then we can all watch Anderson forget how to speak english or maybe start rambling about friendship or how he can't move up a weight class but GSP should

"Anderson, I just defended my belt. Why don't you go defend yours, and then we'll talk."
11/7/12 1:14 PM
Entreri

GSP needs to state: After you fight Jones, then we will fight.

Silva can move to 205 and fight Jones, regardless of outcome, he can then fight GSP at 170.

GSP vs. Silva at 170 would be fantastic.
11/7/12 1:15 PM
Entreri

"Anderson, I just defended my belt. Why don't you go defend yours, and then we'll talk."

That is just gold.
11/7/12 1:47 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Billytk - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up - 

GSP vs Silva:

4" height difference

1.5" Reach/Wingspan difference

5-10 lb difference in the cage (based on FACTS and them meeting at a catchweight)

Jones vs Silva:

2" height difference

7" reach/wingspan difference

15-23 lb difference in the cage ( based on FACTS and them meeting at a catchweight)

The weights are "fact" just because you say so LMFAO

I take it that reading was not your favorite subject???

I gave a range of weights that are "BASED ON" facts. Do you understand what "based on" means?

Jesus

11/7/12 1:49 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Edited: 11/07/12 1:50 PM
da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -

That's what I thought.

Lol really? That's your evidence? A fighter attending an event is now proof they're lining up a fight. You really are an idiot if that's what you believe. And Dana saying they will fight means squat, you should know that by now. Phone Post

Dude give it a rest. GSP didn't fly 15 hours for fun. Rogan doesn't annmounce things on the PPV if they are bullshit. GSP at the time confirmed that he would face Silva at 170, or anyone at 170, and Anderson said he would move down to 170 to face GSP.

The fight was going to happen until Uncle Dana got pissed. Give it a rest you are looking more and more foolish.

11/7/12 1:54 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
da Vinci 81 - 

Thank you, I know I'm right. If you actually understood how diet and strength and conditioning factors in to a person's weight this wouldn't be such a difficult concept for you.

Keep spouting your UFC stats though, I'm sure they're incredibly accurate. So much so that anderson has incredibly grown 3 inches since his debut against leben! Amazing! Phone Post

They are not "UFC stats" they are the same realiable measurements listed on EVERY site currently.

Yes 6+ years ago the UFC had fucked up stats. Now they are accurate and there are tons of sources for them all. Including the fighters themselves.

Explain to me, oh heavenly father of "strength and conditioning factors"....how is Anderson being 220 when he is FAT and between fights at all relelvant to anything? Tell me how their weight IN THE CAGE when they fight is not the most important and useful weight to use?

One guy DEHYDRATES 15-20 pounds to make 205. The other comes in at 202 and says he will be no more than 205 during the fight. Enlighten me obi-won-Dolce master....lol

11/7/12 1:58 PM
gatorlaw
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Combat can occur. Phone Post
11/7/12 2:01 PM
Jons Forsberg

Entreri - GSP needs to state: After you fight Jones, then we will fight.

Silva can move to 205 and fight Jones, regardless of outcome, he can then fight GSP at 170.

GSP vs. Silva at 170 would be fantastic.

lol you can't even hide how scared you are for GSP.
11/7/12 2:07 PM
da Vinci 81

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -

That's what I thought.

Dude give it a rest. GSP didn't fly 15 hours for fun. Rogan doesn't annmounce things on the PPV if they are bullshit. GSP at the time confirmed that he would face Silva at 170, or anyone at 170, and Anderson said he would move down to 170 to face GSP.

The fight was going to happen until Uncle Dana got pissed. Give it a rest you are looking more and more foolish.

Bullshit. They fly their stars all over for events. It happens all the time. And the UFC has been trying to put a fight together between those two for years, that's not a secret. Whether georges was fully on board with it is pure speculation. Phone Post
11/7/12 2:14 PM
Jons Forsberg

this is hilarious. GSP fans pushing Silva towards Jones, Silva fans running from Jones towards GSP. An all out flamewar over who DOESN'T fight who, Y'all pussies.
11/7/12 2:15 PM
da Vinci 81

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
da Vinci 81 - 

They are not "UFC stats" they are the same realiable measurements listed on EVERY site currently.

Yes 6+ years ago the UFC had fucked up stats. Now they are accurate and there are tons of sources for them all. Including the fighters themselves.

Explain to me, oh heavenly father of "strength and conditioning factors"....how is Anderson being 220 when he is FAT and between fights at all relelvant to anything? Tell me how their weight IN THE CAGE when they fight is not the most important and useful weight to use?

One guy DEHYDRATES 15-20 pounds to make 205. The other comes in at 202 and says he will be no more than 205 during the fight. Enlighten me obi-won-Dolce master....lol

What makes you think anderson is FAT between fights? That's where your argument falls apart. He doesn't drastically overeat between fights and balloon up like a house. He resumes a normal diet and gains weight to where his body wants to be naturally. Hence the reason he speaks about needing to DIET to make 185.

It's not like he becomes a sloth and pigs out without stepping into the gym for months between fights like someone like rampage does. He just scales back the intensity of his training. Phone Post
11/7/12 2:37 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -

That's what I thought.

Bullshit. They fly their stars all over for events. It happens all the time. And the UFC has been trying to put a fight together between those two for years, that's not a secret. Whether georges was fully on board with it is pure speculation. Phone Post

Answer honestly and stop diverting:

Did GSP say he would fight "anyone" at 170 pounds?

Did Anderson/Rogan/Dana say that Anderson would fight GSP at 170 if he beat Maia?

(the truth is yes to both questions. game over. stop protecting your boy. it was set to go down at 170 until Uncle Dana got grumpy.)

11/7/12 2:43 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
da Vinci 81 - 

What makes you think anderson is FAT between fights? That's where your argument falls apart. He doesn't drastically overeat between fights and balloon up like a house. He resumes a normal diet and gains weight to where his body wants to be naturally. Hence the reason he speaks about needing to DIET to make 185.

It's not like he becomes a sloth and pigs out without stepping into the gym for months between fights like someone like rampage does. He just scales back the intensity of his training. Phone Post

His nutritionist is what makes me think that, and his constant talk about his addiction to greasy cheese burgers.

Also the clear lack of definition and small muffin top when he fights at 202 pounds for 205 fights ;)

At the last Sonnen fight Anderson was 9% body fat at 198. Are you suggesting that when he is 220 he is still 9% body fat and just adds massive muscle in the off season? lol The reality is that he is in his best shape right around 200. The extra 20 pounds is all FAT and water weight that is NOT optimal for a fight.

I would say that a guy who fights at 198 IN THE CAGE at 185...carrying 9% bodyfat is best suited for 185. cutting 13 pounds is nothing for a fighter compared to the 20 or more that GSP and Bones cut.

I notice you completely try to break down MY argument, yet completely dick tuck on this infinite wisdom you think you have about strength/conditioning/weight....teach me please. lol

11/7/12 2:44 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Compared to GSP/Bones, who stay in amazing shape year round, yes...Anderson does let himself go between fights in comparison.

11/7/12 2:46 PM
da Vinci 81

Sure, georges has stated plenty he would fight anyone at 170. If you're saying the plan all along was to have silva drop to ww for the fight you could be correct. I'll apologize for that then I it makes you feel better. Phone Post
11/7/12 2:48 PM
Card
1905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Anderson Silva can make 170... awesomeness, otherwise no thank you.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.