UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Condit: I'm hungrier

11/6/12 11:27 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Condit pays the declarations no mind.

“I’m hungrier,” Condit said. “I’m the one that’s been chomping at the bit to get this thing on. I haven’t fought competitively since February. I’ve just been training an sparring and preparing for this opportunity.”

While St. Pierre went to work rehabbing his knee, Condit slaved away in the gym with minimal time off. Condit wisely tried to avoid attention, but he heard the glut of negative voices.

Many mixed martial arts fans continued to argue the judges got it wrong and Nick Diaz actually beat Condit in their UFC 143 interim title fight. Even more people criticized Condit for his decision to wait for St. Pierre to recover instead of defending the interim belt.

“People are going to talk either way,” Condit said. “It’s making me a little antsy to get in there.”

read entire article...

11/6/12 11:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
YellowWrkedByTapIn
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have the perfect thing to cure his hunger. Introducing the Natural Born Filler: Nbf Only at Foot Locker.
11/7/12 1:03 AM
Sinjin
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“I’m hungrier,” Condit said. “I’m the one that’s been chomping at the bit to get this thing on. I haven’t fought competitively since July 2011. I’ve just been training an sparring and preparing for this opportunity.”

Fixed.

11/7/12 1:07 AM
Joe_Drogan420
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope he's been working on his wrestling.
Seriously, so it's a good stand-up fight.
Condit obviously has lengthy on the 5'10 GSP, so I see him having the edge in the stand-up, other than maybe a quick lead head kick by GSP.
I hope it's a war.
11/7/12 1:27 AM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course he's hungrier. All that running from Diaz had to build up a huge appetite.
11/7/12 1:29 AM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously, I've been a fan of GSP and Condit for a long time, but moreso GSP and, even though I think GSP deserves some criticism for being too conservative, Condit was moreso in that fight against Diaz. I was hoping he'd win going into it but I came out thinking Diaz won a close fight and didn't feel Condit deserved the win even though I'm a bigger fan of Condit. I hope GSP wins this fight and gets back to his old finishing ways in the process.
11/7/12 1:30 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think due to Condit being the same height as Anderson, and poses some threats similar to him as well, interesting fight to watch to see how GSP handles these attributes Phone Post
11/7/12 1:33 AM
inf0
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP gonna feed him

I don't give Carlos a chance in hell.. I can see through the marketing.

11/7/12 5:12 AM
Kimbos Bread
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chiron - Of course he's hungrier. All that running from Diaz had to build up a huge appetite.
Zing! Phone Post
11/7/12 6:17 AM
Fedors Jim Jams

6'2 dude fighting at 170 says he's hungrier? yeah i can believe that

5'10 gsp should be hungry at 155... now thats scary
11/7/12 7:18 AM
Y2JB

People are writing Condit off far too easily. He is head and shoulders better than anyone else GSP has faced. I'd give GSP a slight edge (like a 55% chance) but I would love to see Condit come out and finish George.

If GSP loses Jones vs Silva becomes much more likely, which is another reason to route for Condit.
11/7/12 12:10 PM
Diaz_Brothers_Number_4_fan
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel GSP is ready for this challenge....

GSP def Condit

Diaz def Kos

GSP vs Diaz once again!!!!!
11/7/12 12:45 PM
hendofanforlife
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hungry? why wait, have a snickers...
11/7/12 12:48 PM
pharochuck
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Can't wait to see how gsp comes back. This is a good test because he's coming back against a very good fighter Phone Post
11/7/12 12:55 PM
caposa
1648 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I may be insane but I'll stick with what I've been saying. Condit by KO. Phone Post
11/7/12 12:56 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Edited: 11/07/12 12:56 PM

well obviously... running does work up more of an appetite than laying down does

11/7/12 1:01 PM
BTR
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To loosely quote Arnold when asked about Lou Ferrigno being the hungry wolf climbing up the mountain to take his crown...

Maybe he's hungrier. But when you're the king on top of the mountain you eat whenever you want.
11/7/12 1:17 PM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sinjin -

“I’m hungrier,” Condit said. “I’m the one that’s been chomping at the bit to get this thing on. I haven’t fought competitively since July 2011. I’ve just been training an sparring and preparing for this opportunity.”

Fixed.

I see what you did there. Phone Post
11/7/12 1:26 PM
Nexuscrawlers
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Billytk - While I 100% agree that Condit did win the Diaz fight (by a large margin) I also think it was a pussy move to sit out and not defend his fake belt after winning it. The UFC should have stripped him of it for not defending and had anther interim title match to find the next challenger to GSPs title.

Condit said he would have defended (even agreed to Immediate Diaz rematch before the positive test came back) but said that the UFC offered him no fights.

11/7/12 1:34 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a feeling GSP is coming back more like the GSP that fought Hughes then the one we've seen lately.  That might either get him knocked out, or may get Condit knocked out.  Either way it should be a great fight.

11/7/12 1:41 PM
slugshot331
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -  I may be insane but I'll stick with what I've been saying. Condit by KO. Phone Post

Guess we're both some crazy motherfuckers then because that's what I see happening.

11/7/12 1:56 PM
SOO72

Completely disagree that Condit is the best fighter GSP has faced. GSP has fought and beaten better wrestlers, strikers, and submission fighters. Heck a great many people feel Condit shouldnt even be in this fight and unless GSP is completely broken he is going to most likely walk right through him.
11/7/12 2:10 PM
Darth Ryase
1289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YellowWrkedByTapIn - I have the perfect thing to cure his hunger. Introducing the Natural Born Filler: Nbf Only at Foot Locker.

lol @ natural born filler
11/7/12 4:50 PM
Addicted To Cold Turkey

Let me preface this. Im not a Diaz fanboy but,He said he would fight to the death against Diaz. Then came the lil baby leg kicks.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.