UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Sit em Start em week 10.....

11/9/12 2:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cru "ATM" Jones
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Playing against #1 who has Rogers on bye but can't decide between:

Cam Newton vs Den

Josh Freeman vs SD

I also own Vincent Jackson which shouldn't affect my decision but thinking about going all-in on Tampa

11/9/12 3:01 PM
sicko
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/09/12 4:25 PM
Tried to post from my phone, it came out screwed up, let me fix this from my laptop
11/9/12 4:28 PM
sicko
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb - 
sicko - Caleb, thanks for doing this each week.

My question comes down to the QB position, do I start Vick @ Dallas, or Palmer @ Baltimore?

I also have the option of playing Flacco vs Oakland, but if I do that I can't drop him to pick up a defensive LB (everyone else on my roster has too much value to drop), so I'd be giving up 2-4 points from the LB position if I play Flacco.

As always, thanks for your help

Well, I follow Dallas closely and know they have some solid corners. Add that to the Eagles line not blocking well at all for Vick and I could see him having a rough game. Dallas does have a tendacy to all the sudden have epic fails though....but with that said I don't think Vick is a good play this week when you look at all the variables. 

Palmer at Baltimore is a better option due to Baltimores defense slowly falling apart and Oakland having no defense. Baltimore will be putting plenty of points on the board, or at least they should. If that happens then Palmer will be throwing a lot. My only fear there is Tampa ran the ball all over Oakland last week and that eats up a ton of clock. 

I like Flacco the best out of all 3 QB's. Are you sure you would lose 2-4 points at LB? Or are you just going with projections? Also, why can't you drop the LB you have now and pick up another LB? 

My LB is on a bye this week so i dropped him to pick up Flacco when he became available. It's a 12 team league with a deep bench so anyone of value is rarely available. My bench all has too much value so i cant drop anyone to pick up a LB. Hence, i either play Flacco and no LB, or play Palmer and drop Flacco to pick up a LB (I'm not willing to play Flacco and drop Palmer or Vick to pick up a LB).

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be starting Palmer.

As always thanks for the help, definite vote up for you. Thanks again
11/9/12 4:30 PM
sicko

sicko - 
Caleb - 

My question comes down to the QB position, do I start Vick @ Dallas, or Palmer @ Baltimore?

I also have the option of playing Flacco vs Oakland, but if I do that I can't drop him to pick up a defensive LB (everyone else on my roster has too much value to drop), so I'd be giving up 2-4 points from the LB position if I play Flacco.

Well, I follow Dallas closely and know they have some solid corners. Add that to the Eagles line not blocking well at all for Vick and I could see him having a rough game. Dallas does have a tendacy to all the sudden have epic fails though....but with that said I don't think Vick is a good play this week when you look at all the variables. 

Palmer at Baltimore is a better option due to Baltimores defense slowly falling apart and Oakland having no defense. Baltimore will be putting plenty of points on the board, or at least they should. If that happens then Palmer will be throwing a lot. My only fear there is Tampa ran the ball all over Oakland last week and that eats up a ton of clock. 

I like Flacco the best out of all 3 QB's. Are you sure you would lose 2-4 points at LB? Or are you just going with projections? Also, why can't you drop the LB you have now and pick up another LB? 

My LB is on a bye this week so i dropped him to pick up Flacco when he became available. It's a 12 team league with a deep bench so anyone of value is rarely available. My bench all has too much value so i cant drop anyone to pick up a LB. Hence, i either play Flacco and no LB, or play Palmer and drop Flacco to pick up a LB (I'm not willing to play Flacco and drop Palmer or Vick to pick up a LB).

DAMN IT!

Caleb, I'm sorry, I clicked vote down by mistake and now my vote has been cast and I can't vote you up to make up for it. Really sorry about that man, I'll vote you up for the next couple of days to make up for it
11/9/12 5:02 PM
Caleb
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
sicko - 
Caleb - 

Ah, I love details. This is an easy decision then..... start Palmer.  You can't afford for ANY player not to play in fantasy. You could lose by 1 point. And hey.. no worries about the votedown.. I have done that before too. 

11/9/12 5:04 PM
Caleb
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cru "ATM" Jones - 

Playing against #1 who has Rogers on bye but can't decide between:

Cam Newton vs Den

Josh Freeman vs SD

I also own Vincent Jackson which shouldn't affect my decision but thinking about going all-in on Tampa

Freeman.. he has been hot lately. Double up on those points too! 

11/9/12 5:08 PM
Caleb

Gracie killar - Thought's on Bruce Carter Caleb? I grabbed him in my IDP league think he will be good the rest of the way?

Solid pickup Gracie. The dude has looked like a beast and some people are even saying he is as good if not better than Sean Lee. When the 2 play together we call them Bruce Lee. Seriously, he is a tackling machine. You always want to play a LB against a team that runs the ball a lot. Philly should be handing it off plenty to shady mccoy too.  

If luke kuechly is available in your league I would pick him up if i were you. He is the best tackler I have seen in a long time. As good as Carter is.. this guy is a notch above him when it comes to tackles. I have him in my team and he is racking up the points for me.

11/9/12 6:48 PM
Gracie killar
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was a dumbass and cut Luke for another player a while back but I can live with Watt JPP Carter Mayo as my starters with Burnett on the bench.
11/9/12 7:08 PM
Cru "ATM" Jones
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice. Thanks Caleb. VU

11/9/12 8:23 PM
guy1
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb - 
guy1 - of course.

any thoughts on the te question?

I would stick with Pita. Hopefully you picked up Luck and played him. 

I did indeed, thanks for the rec. Vote up
11/10/12 7:31 PM
Gracie killar
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get Hernandez out of your lineups per Schefter on ESPN he won't play Sunday. FUCK
11/10/12 9:49 PM
Caleb

Gracie killar - Get Hernandez out of your lineups per Schefter on ESPN he won't play Sunday. FUCK

I drafted him but then traded him for Gates before the season started. I didn't think he would be this much of a bust, but i couldn't picture him being a great TE with so many mouths to feed in NE. 

11/11/12 11:23 AM
Gracie killar

Stuck with Rudolph love my Golden Domers but jesus he is not used effectively in Minny.
11/11/12 12:39 PM
Joe Sacto
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TEAM 1:
QB Drew Brees vs. ATL
RB Adrian Peterson vs. ATL
RB Willis McGahee @ CAR
RB/WR Kenny Britt @ MIA
WR Sidney Rice vs. NYJ
WR Davone Bess vs. TEN
TE Antonio Gates @ TB

Bench WR-Hakeem Nicks @CIN
Bench RB-DeAngelo Williams vs. DEN
Bench TE-Kyle Rudolph vs. DET
Bench RB-Danny Woodhead vs. BUF
Bench QB-Tony Romo @PHI

Larry Fitzgeraald is on a BYE and Coby Fleener is injured.

TEAM 2:
QB Peyton Manning @CAR
RB Shane Vereen vs. BUF
WR Vincent Jackson vs. SD
WR Demaryius Thomas @CAR
TE Antonio Gates @TB
FLEX Steve Smith vs. DEN
D/ST Seahawks vs. NYJ

Bench RB-Steven Jackson @SF
Bench D-Texans @CHI
Bench TE-Heath Miller vs. KC
Bench QB-Ryan Fitzpatrick @NE

Darren McFadden and Aaron Hernandez are injured. Alex Green on a BYE.

11/11/12 12:41 PM
da Vinci 81
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracie killar - Stuck with Rudolph love my Golden Domers but jesus he is not used effectively in Minny.

Yeah Rudolph is killing me right now too. The only other options are cook or finley and neither are doing any better.
11/11/12 6:40 PM
TheMorg826
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb -
TheMorg826 - Need one for my flex spot- BJGE, Sidney Rice, or B Pettigrew. Leaning towards Rice but always appreciate advice!

Rice is playing well but I would have to take BJGE. 

:( Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.