UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ESPN: Dana Wants GSP/SIlva at Cowboy Stadium

11/7/12 5:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/07/12 5:13 PM

Cowboys Stadium Eyed as UFC Host

A victory by UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre on Nov. 17 over interim titleholder Carlos Condit could set up a superfight with middleweight champion Anderson Silva at Cowboys Stadium, promotion president Dana White said Wednesday.

"If Georges St. Pierre against Anderson Silva were to happen, that's the fight you could do at Cowboys Stadium," White said during a media call to promote UFC 154 in Montreal. "We've been talking to (Cowboys Stadium officials) for a while. They're pumped and ready whenever we can bring an event there. They're ready for it."

White has two other options if a Cowboys Stadium deal can't be finalized. He is looking at Toronto, where Rogers Centre is located, or a soccer stadium in Brazil.

UFC set a promotion record of 55,724 people at Rogers Centre on April 30, 2011. It's where St. Pierre defeated Jake Shields by unanimous decision at UFC 129.

Read More....

11/7/12 5:13 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2373 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To bad for him.... Condit gets the TKO in the 2nd Rnd Phone Post
11/7/12 5:14 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

UGCTT_El Pescadero -  To bad for him.... Condit gets the TKO in the 2nd Rnd Phone Post

UGTFK for life, but I don't think Carlos can finish Georges....

If you're right it will be very interesting to see what the landscape becomes.

11/7/12 5:16 PM
MasterofMartialArts
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If its at Cowboy Stadium, I'm fucking there. Phone Post
11/7/12 5:24 PM
Chris27

Am I the only one who thinks Cowboy stadium is a mistake. I dont know if the market is that huge for them down there that they can sell 60k tickets.

You know for a fact 50k easy can be sold in Toronto and atleast that in Brazil, maybe they feel they dont want to give either guy home advantage so they do it in a neutral location but I think they would do bigger business in Canada or Brazil.

I expect if they do this fight since hte SB show is set, Reem seems to be coming back in March for his title fight, you have Jones/Sonnen in April my guess is Memorial Day weekend.
11/7/12 5:26 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2373 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
UGCTT_El Pescadero -  To bad for him.... Condit gets the TKO in the 2nd Rnd Phone Post

I think the layoff and the looming super fight will be to much Pressure for St Piere to overcome.... I see Condit winning convincingly, fighting Kampman for his first defense (Kampman will win) And GSP fighting Nick to see who gets next shot(Nick will win) ... Then Nick vs Kampman in one of the best Title fights in UFC history.

Team Fat Kid 4 Vida!! Phone Post
11/7/12 5:29 PM
Chimp Strength
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts -  If its at Cowboy Stadium, I'm fucking there. Phone Post

I dont care where it is, if it happens in Brazil Im there!

11/7/12 5:33 PM
irishrottie
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they should do it in brazil or canada.

11/7/12 5:35 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

UGCTT_El Pescadero - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -

I think the layoff and the looming super fight will be to much Pressure for St Piere to overcome.... I see Condit winning convincingly, fighting Kampman for his first defense (Kampman will win) And GSP fighting Nick to see who gets next shot(Nick will win) ... Then Nick vs Kampman in one of the best Title fights in UFC history.

If everything you predicted happens (as far as winners) I will shit my pants, literally,

11/7/12 5:43 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

irishrottie - 

they should do it in brazil or canada.

I agree from a business stand point.

I think Dana might let the Ego play too big of a factor. He wants to pack Cowboys with 60+K. Doing it in Brazil or Canada is expected.

11/7/12 5:44 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
UGCTT_El Pescadero - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -

If everything you predicted happens (as far as winners) I will shit my pants, literally,

Me too... It all came to me in a stoned Haze... Not sure if it was a dream or a Vision Quest, but it has been spoken! Phone Post
11/7/12 5:48 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't like this fight at all. It's not good stylistically.
11/7/12 5:48 PM
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Cowboy Stadium is a mistake at this point. The sport is big, but not THAT big. I mean the last think you want is to do it there and have 35k people show up.
11/7/12 5:51 PM
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And the rest of the card would have to be FULL of main event fights. I am talking guys like Ubereem, Cain, Nick Diaz, etc. They couldn't do what they do now which seems to be put one maybe two marquee fights together then have some guys trying to make a name for themselves on the undercard. It would have to be full of headliners.
11/7/12 5:53 PM
Loadin76
840 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tell me about the rest of the card before I even sound slightly interested

11/7/12 6:01 PM
BeeTrain
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts - If its at Cowboy Stadium, I'm fucking there. Phone Post
Amen Phone Post
11/7/12 6:05 PM
alkysmurf
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather it be Anderson vs Jones.

gsp has been out a year and the landscape of ww division has developed a several contenders than can argue for tittle shot. Guys like Diaz, kampman/Hendricks winner, Rory if he beats bj, Fitch with another impressive win.

Although I like any super fight so I'm down! But yes to fill a huge stadium like that it will need to be a great card top down. Or have a strong gimmick, ie: a hw or ww tourney, even a solid match up lhw tourney. Phone Post
11/7/12 6:12 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Edited: 11/07/12 6:12 PM
SlyStallowned - 
Immaculata - I don't like this fight at all. It's not good stylistically.

Agreed!

Explosive/athletic wrestler with a dominating top game and strong submission defence versus an explosive/athletic striker with good submissions off his back....what a terrible style match up!! Right??!

What you did there, I see it.

I don't understand how anyone could really NOT be interested in this style match up. There may not be fireworks in the first round, but it is a very perplexing match up for both of them.

11/7/12 6:25 PM
MMALOGIC

this is all posturing from Dana to get a bigger site fee from Vegas.  nobody can match the vegas money.  we're talking 7 million dollar gate and 10 to 20 million in site fees.

toronto is a 12 million dollar gate, and very little site fees.  same with brazil.

This fight will happen in Vegas and Zuffa will get a bigger site fee than they got for sonnen/anderson.

11/7/12 6:27 PM
Bucephalus

Holy jinx.

I say Condit shits on the parade with a TKO victory over GSP.
11/7/12 6:28 PM
Vril

GSP on Anderson

11/7/12 6:28 PM
chaplinshouse
712 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they're not gonna come close to selling that out.  andy/bones maybe, not gsp/andy.  and you'd better STACK that whole card, relying on the main event will make cowboy's stadium comically empty, like a high school game is going on.  knowing gsp he's probaby not excited about fighting in texas anyway since last time he got beat by serra.  "no... it's curse!"  ufc needs a strong card to sell out basketball arenas 15K+.  cowboy's stadium is 100K+ lol. 

11/7/12 6:29 PM
Dogman
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SCREW THAT FIGHT!!! JONES SILVA is the fight people what to see WTF!!!
11/7/12 6:30 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

chaplinshouse - 

they're not gonna come close to selling that out.  andy/bones maybe, not gsp/andy.  and you'd better STACK that whole card, relying on the main event will make cowboy's stadium comically empty, like a high school game is going on.  knowing gsp he's probaby not excited about fighting in texas anyway since last time he got beat by serra.  "no... it's curse!"  ufc needs a strong card to sell out basketball arenas 15K+.  cowboy's stadium is 100K+ lol. 

To be fair GSP just had 55+K in his last fight. Albiet in Canada with a stacked card....

11/7/12 6:38 PM
32Hunter

maybe he should ask GSP if he wants the fight first.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.