UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lawlor dropping gems a wide range of subjects

11/7/12 7:10 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Speaking of having fun, Lawlor is just getting warmed up. In the course of a staccato phone interview, Lawlor dropped gems on a wide range of subjects:

• On fighting a resident of Canada (Carmont, from France, now lives in Montreal) for the fourth time in his past five fights: "It's pretty weird. For awhile there they only had me fighting people from Arizona. I fought Ryan Bader and then Kyle Kingsbury, C.B. Dolloway, and Aaron Simpson, back to back to back. Pretty much anyone who ever trained in Arizona got a fight with Tom Lawlor. Once I got done with Arizona it was all about Canadians. I actually requested the theme from Team America: World Police as my walkout music for this fight, but they wouldn't let me do it."

• After being told the reason he gave for his recent move from Florida to Providence (Lawlor got a deal on a foreclosed downtown condo) was boring: "Okay, you want me to make up something interesting? Here goes. I was visiting Providence and someone hit me in the head with a donut and knocked me out. I woke up and all of a sudden felt the urge to live in the place with the most per capita Dunkin Donuts in the world. There's literally six of them within about two blocks, including one in my building. It's all about the donuts."

• On costume ideas which were left on the cutting-room floor: "After Michael Jackson died, I thought about coming out to the weigh-ins dressed up as him and carrying a big bottle of pills. But we decided that one would be over the line."

• On the UFC's choice of on-hold entertainment: "I'm kind of pissed off right now. I was on hold waiting for your call, and instead of some nice Muzak, they're playing UFC Primetime [a promotion vehicle pushing UFC 154]. I'm hearing all about Georges St-Pierre and Carlos Condit, and Martin Kampmann and Johny Hendricks, but nothing about Tom Lawlor and Francis Carmont."

read entire article...

11/7/12 7:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hadoukenkieran
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dropping gems like jewellers with Parkinson's Phone Post
11/7/12 7:48 PM
the geek
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hadoukenkieran - Dropping gems like jewellers with Parkinson's Phone Post
BWAHAHAHA. Phone Post
11/7/12 7:51 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
809 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/07/12 8:00 PM

They wouldn't let him use the Team America song? Those bastards!

11/7/12 7:57 PM
DallasVanWinkle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Define "gems"
11/7/12 7:59 PM
Hadoukenkieran
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek -
Hadoukenkieran - Dropping gems like jewellers with Parkinson's Phone Post
BWAHAHAHA. Phone Post
I hope that's a legit laugh, lol Phone Post
11/7/12 8:47 PM
Tom Lawlor
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DallasVanWinkle - Define "gems"
Gems is used pretty liberally here, I agree. Phone Post
11/8/12 2:39 AM
TheHebrewHammer
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom, this time you should go as the "Let me bang bro" dude from TUF .
Insta-win
11/8/12 2:50 AM
BrunoMcGyver
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont go out with painted 'Alpha' nails like Huerta
11/8/12 4:08 AM
MahatmaPetey
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Lawlor -
DallasVanWinkle - Define "gems"
Gems is used pretty liberally here, I agree. Phone Post
Obama! Phone Post
11/8/12 9:21 AM
Hadoukenkieran

TheHebrewHammer - Tom, this time you should go as the "Let me bang bro" dude from TUF .
Insta-win
This. Phone Post
11/8/12 9:30 AM
goocher
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hadoukenkieran - 
TheHebrewHammer - Tom, this time you should go as the "Let me bang bro" dude from TUF .
Insta-win
This. Phone Post

11/8/12 10:36 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Tom goes as Julian, half of everyone will think he is the guy from the NOS commercial.

The other half will have zero clue who he is.

I like it though, take it inside this time and do it just for us.

From "just bleed" to "let me bang".

Just get someone to apply the tattoos so you can really look like him and scream maniacally while crying on the scale before getting hugged. Phone Post
11/8/12 11:46 AM
SonofJockstrap
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What reason were they using for not letting you use Team America's theme? The language? That's bush league. 

Come out to Apache and do the dance instead.

11/8/12 11:46 AM
SonofJockstrap
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/08/12 11:45 AM

Double

11/8/12 12:24 PM
show no mercy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think you should go as your alter-ego pat lawler
11/8/12 12:37 PM
jayu
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lawlor rocks \../
11/8/12 11:09 PM
cheesesteak
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I say ride a motorcycle in like the undertaker
11/9/12 1:11 AM
fightsfan
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go as GEICO CAVEMAN or another Caveman character
11/9/12 1:12 AM
fightsfan
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about maybe something to honor JEFF BLATNICK
11/9/12 1:15 AM
ABE FROMAN
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know it's Tom but without a first name in the snippit it could've been Robbie.

11/9/12 5:14 AM
TheHebrewHammer
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LET ME BANG BRO!
11/9/12 8:27 AM
FunkNoobiest
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone should make a Tom Lawlor tribute song. I have no idea which genre though...I could imagine funny techno, country, rap and rock songs with Lawlor themes...
11/9/12 8:55 AM
TheHebrewHammer

FunkNoobiest - Someone should make a Tom Lawlor tribute song. I have no idea which genre though...I could imagine funny techno, country, rap and rock songs with Lawlor themes...

Opa Filthy Style IMO
11/9/12 9:15 AM
Tom Lawlor
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN -

I know it's Tom but without a first name in the snippit it could've been Robbie.

We don't even have the same last name Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.