UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cormier: My road to 10-0 tougher than Jones'

11/8/12 3:02 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I said that I would only [fight Jones] IF Cain was UFC heavyweight champion and I was offered the fight; that was the stipulation. I am totally content at staying at heavyweight. My diet is pretty much whatever I want, I don't need to cut really any weight and I still am fast and able to compete with a lot of people in my weight class, why move from it?

Who I have fought and how I have fought, it says something about me. That shows that I am content fighting wrestlers, bigger guys, jiu-jitsu guys, all the division has to offer, I'm okay with and ready for it. When you look at my record at 10-0 as a professional and look at Jon Jones record when he was 10-0, who was his toughest guy? Stephan Bonnar and he did not finish him.

I have fought higher caliber opponents at this stage in my career than Jon did in his at 9-1; His tenth fight was Matt Hamill."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

11/8/12 3:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_EnderTL
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to hear the whole conversation. I hate it when peoples responses aren't put into context with the question they were asked. Phone Post
11/8/12 3:09 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does this guy CONSTANTLY have JBJ's name in his mouth ? He's a small short HW w/ a very high body fat %...When he cuts down, he will also lose muscle, and as a result strength and power.. no matter how hard he tries not to. When it's all said and done he could end up smaller than Rashad and depleted while JBJ is used to this weight cut and will have many physical advantages over Cormier, except maybe speed and KO power...and Cormier may lose some of that KO power too....and be at a huge reach disadvantage....We'll see.
11/8/12 3:10 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
587 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cormier is right about his first 10 fights being tougher, but I don't think it really means anything. Phone Post
11/8/12 3:14 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brodor coming for you jonesy boy!

11/8/12 3:16 PM
SupesUp
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This guy has more hatred for jbj than the UG combined. And it's equally annoying. Phone Post
11/8/12 3:18 PM
MMALOGIC

he should be pulling for JDS so he doesnt have to move down. 

11/8/12 3:20 PM
KZTT_W85
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cormier is not going to 205. He sees jones as his path to the HW belt.

He is creating a 'beef' with jones so that when jones goes up to HW and fights in a number one contender fight (or wins the title) then the UFC will like the Cormier v jones match up. Phone Post
11/8/12 3:21 PM
pharochuck
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
SKARHEAD - Why does this guy CONSTANTLY have JBJ's name in his mouth ? He's a small short HW w/ a very high body fat %...When he cuts down, he will also lose muscle, and as a result strength and power.. no matter how hard he tries not to. When it's all said and done he could end up smaller than Rashad and depleted while JBJ is used to this weight cut and will have many physical advantages over Cormier, except maybe speed and KO power...and Cormier may lose some of that KO power too....and be at a huge reach disadvantage....We'll see.

he is sarting to seem fixated. when jones moves up this fight definitely needs to happen 

11/8/12 3:21 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
587 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SupesUp - This guy has more hatred for jbj than the UG combined. And it's equally annoying. Phone Post
He's just trying to set himself up for a title shot at 205 if Cain beats JDS. I don't think there is any actual substance to the apparent dislike. Phone Post
11/8/12 3:24 PM
YellowWrkedByTapIn

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Cormier is right about his first 10 fights being tougher, but I don't think it really means anything. Phone Post

It really doesn't. What matters is him staying consistent, and duplicating that success over his next 10 fights.

Jones is the current reigning and defending LHW champion. Cormier needs to focus on holding a similar title to his name in his weight class.

11/8/12 3:27 PM
TheGoldenRule
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

he should be pulling for JDS so he doesnt have to move down. 

methinks this is exactly what's going on here... 

11/8/12 3:31 PM
rumble_fish
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you tell em black fedor!
11/8/12 3:34 PM
Another Foob
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think it was substantially harder. And his path to 10-0 wasn't as hard a 10 fight path as the one tread by Cain or JDS. So...
11/8/12 3:35 PM
Darth Ryase
1431 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Cormier but why does it seem like he's always talking about Jones?
11/8/12 3:37 PM
TheGoldenRule
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just had this thought:

how about DC vs. Carwin??

Shane throws bombs, and I'd have to think his strength as it pertains to his wrestling would at least nullify DC's wrestling. And although DC's striking is heads and tails above Carwin's, obviously Carwin has the power in his hands and a good enough chin to possibly win out over Cormier..

11/8/12 3:40 PM
RandyDarsh
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darth Ryase - I like Cormier but why does it seem like he's always talking about Jones?
He's hungry and I like it, of course jones will argue that a fight with Cormier won't make him money like Chael can. Phone Post
11/8/12 3:42 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

I like DC and agree with what he's saying. That said JBJ's record (in its entirety) stands up against anyone's.

Love him or hate him, that can't be denied. Phone Post
11/8/12 3:58 PM
YellowWrkedByTapIn

LilBrockonmychest - 

And JBJ's road to 7-0 was much tougher.  It happened in less than 4 months.

Wow, I never realized that. I had to go look at his record. That's impressive.

11/8/12 4:03 PM
YellowWrkedByTapIn

LilBrockonmychest - 
YellowWrkedByTapIn - 
LilBrockonmychest - 

And JBJ's road to 7-0 was much tougher.  It happened in less than 4 months.

Wow, I never realized that. I had to go look at his record. That's impressive.

When he had been pro for about 9 months, he was already beating Stephan Bonnar in the UFC. 

Awesome.

I may find Jones a bit annoying, but he's nothing short of impressive.

11/8/12 4:32 PM
Warriormmd
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest -

First 10 don't really matter.  Lets see how he does in his next 8.  If Cormier beats 5 former UFC champs in a row, finishing 4 of them, and beats 2 other contenders he can talk.

Lol first 10 fights don't matter? Dumb thing to say.

2 words, Brock Lesnar
(And I'm not a big fan either way) Phone Post
11/8/12 4:35 PM
YellowWrkedByTapIn

Warriormmd - 
LilBrockonmychest -

First 10 don't really matter.  Lets see how he does in his next 8.  If Cormier beats 5 former UFC champs in a row, finishing 4 of them, and beats 2 other contenders he can talk.

Lol first 10 fights don't matter? Dumb thing to say.

2 words, Brock Lesnar
(And I'm not a big fan either way) Phone Post

That's a bad example. I get what you're saying, but don't use Brock.

Not only did his career never consist of 10 fights, he was brought into the UFC on name value.

11/8/12 4:35 PM
Demolition Man
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snake28 -  Bones I believe would lose to Bigfoot and barnett Phone Post

Currently or if he moves up to HW in the future?
11/8/12 4:36 PM
gavinknowles

Emelianegro for the win! Phone Post
11/8/12 4:42 PM
Pat Giles
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Demolition Man -
Snake28 -  Bones I believe would lose to Bigfoot and barnett Phone Post

Currently or if he moves up to HW in the future?
Jones at hw would be scary. If he started working out with Arthur and put on some mass? I'm excited. My only concern is......those chicken legs. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.