UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

1/11/13 1:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lmao @ IBU heavyweight champion. If he loses that now, next to come is the JTWCB Title (James Toneys World Championship Bitch), to which he will challenge all.

1/11/13 1:25 AM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/11/13 1:25 AM

i'm OUT!

Until Danny Williams/Molina JR  tonight.

1/11/13 12:11 PM
SubbedZER0

For anyone interested, Stumbled accross this last night, didn't feel like posting till I had some time to kill today. Apparently after the Pacman-Marquez 4 KO, Cornerman Buboy Fernandez and Michael Koncz were upset over a photographer taking pictures of pacman's naptime. From what I gather around info, the dude is actually lucky he found the ring apron and got out of there. Word is Buboy was a protector of sorts to Nonito Donaire and Manny in their childhood, Fernandez was even taught in school by Donaire's mother. Fernandez attempted to chase him from the ring, but was restrained.

Link

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/manny-pacquiao-aides-allegedly-attacked-photographer-brutal-knockout-005405170--box.html

1/11/13 12:27 PM
Hikikomori
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bu Boy is Gangsta!!!
1/11/13 12:49 PM
SubbedZER0

On Buboy's relationship w. Pacquiao (Ignore Mayweather jelousy part, false information)

http://www.examiner.com/article/buboy-fernandez-speaks-on-his-friendship-with-manny-pacquiao-and-the-jealousy-of-the-mayweathers

Pacquiao's first words after the KO 'Buboy, Where are you?' and a bit of conversation between them after the big Marquez KO

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/322151/pacquiaos-first-words-buboy-where-are-you

1/11/13 1:22 PM
OmgItsTheWams
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who wins tonight Molina or Williams? Both have power I am hoping for a knockout Phone Post
1/11/13 1:38 PM
SubbedZER0

Edited: 01/11/13 1:39 PM
OmgItsTheWams -  Who wins tonight Molina or Williams? Both have power I am hoping for a knockout Phone Post

I'm really not sure Wams, i'm framiliar with Dannie Williams from FNF, but only saw Molina against the short KO with DeMarco, that being said, Molina Jr earned a match with DeMarco, so i'm not ready to go with Williams yet.

1/11/13 1:45 PM
SubbedZER0

Something for everyone before I take my procastinating/attention defficit ass back to work.

1/11/13 2:02 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck -
HenryO - HBO needs to present some fucking Heavyweights.

More then fucking Seth Mitchell
There simply isn't any. Pretty soon Rahman son is a cool prospect but he's years away. Foreman the III would lose to light heavies, kid is hopeless. Malik Scott punches about as hard as a good super middle. Once you get past the top 5 the heavies have a tremendous talent drop Phone Post
Yep.

And HBO is pushing Seth so hard they are giving him an instant rematch against Johnathon Banks.

HBO was PISSED that Banks won after they did a "2 Days with Seth Mitchell" special and have been building him up on every broadcast to be the greatest ever.

They want him to get his win back over Banks and they'll again push him as the best ever. Phone Post
1/11/13 2:32 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golden Boy won the purse bid for the rematch between, Vanes-Lara.

1/11/13 3:33 PM
OmgItsTheWams
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Serious question could a power punching middleweight example GGG beat a heavyweight such as Zuri Lawrence(no knockdowns in his career) Idk but this has always intrigued me after watching Zuri on FNF years ago Phone Post
1/11/13 4:08 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GGG probably walks around at 175, so it's possible if he bulked up to around 180-185 lol...I'm curious to see how GGG would do with someone like Ward, and if Ward could handle his power.

1/11/13 4:13 PM
OmgItsTheWams

I just don't get it how are you a heavyweight and never scored a knockdown Phone Post
1/11/13 4:17 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol, even Malignaggi has more power.

1/11/13 4:31 PM
PoundforPound
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/11/13 4:37 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke -And HBO is pushing Seth so hard they are giving him an instant rematch against Johnathon Banks.

HBO was PISSED that Banks won after they did a "2 Days with Seth Mitchell" special and have been building him up on every broadcast to be the greatest ever.

They want him to get his win back over Banks and they'll again push him as the best ever.

First of all Mitchell was an exciting heavyweight and an American at that. There aren't many of those around these days so there is nothing wrong with an American TV network wanting to feature him on a few of it’s broadcasts.

Second, HBO didn't force this second fight with Jonathan Banks. Mitchell had a rematch clause in his contract with Banks and chose to exercise it.
1/11/13 5:50 PM
SubbedZER0

Found a solid article on Bleacher Report introducing a few of today's prospects from diff countries, gives a top 10 including Wilder, Foreman 3, David Price, and Wawrjk (spelling?). Does not include Seth Mitchell haha.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/732026-the-top-10-heavyweight-prospects-in-the-world#/articles/732026-the-top-10-heavyweight-prospects-in-the-world/page/1

In honest thought it's a tough deal, but depending on where the middleweight cuts from, and how he puts the weight on sneaking into heavy at around 220. Somebody with a solid set of knockouts at middleweight and good power stands a chance. But I agree in a sense with Roy Jones Sr when he reached out to cancel the Buster Douglas fight for Jr, i'm not so sure i'd go after the guys with the bigger natural body mass (Jones Sr claimed Buster was alot of natural Mass, and said something along the lines of "I just wouldn't run a V-W into a Mac Truck" 

1/11/13 5:56 PM
SubbedZER0

Edited: 01/11/13 5:57 PM

Mike Perez.........the apparent nephew of Hector Lombard. (Joke, don't look that up)

1/11/13 6:20 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Boystov has potential.

1/11/13 6:30 PM
SubbedZER0

Barry, got a brief summary for me on Molina Jr other than both he and williams beat Hammerin' Hank?

1/11/13 6:47 PM
HenryO

pharochuck - 
HenryO - HBO needs to present some fucking Heavyweights.

More then fucking Seth Mitchell
There simply isn't any. Pretty soon Rahman son is a cool prospect but he's years away. Foreman the III would lose to light heavies, kid is hopeless. Malik Scott punches about as hard as a good super middle. Once you get past the top 5 the heavies have a tremendous talent drop Phone Post

There's no Americans. Im sure some of these young Brits would like a shot on a big HBO card. Just throw some Heavyweights on there anything really, HBO is supposed to be the biggest stage in boxing at least try to promote it's biggest division
1/11/13 6:59 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

SubbedZER0 - 

Barry, got a brief summary for me on Molina Jr other than both he and williams beat Hammerin' Hank?

he got stopped in about 30 seconds his last fight, DeMarco jumped on him quick...he was hurt, but I thought the stoppage was too soon...his other loss was a few years ago to a nobody Martin Honorio.

1/11/13 7:01 PM
HenryO

I guess they try a bit showing some of the Klitschko fights, but only guys Ive seen featured are Arreola and Mitchell
1/11/13 7:02 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Arum and Co. trying to kill Manny, they want to stage a huge event in Asia by April...with Viloria and Donaire on the card.

potential opponents are Rios and Soto..NSAC gave Manny 90 days before he can spar again.

1/11/13 7:05 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 01/11/13 7:05 PM

What a Mess Vinny is lol

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=61295#ixzz2HiONlS2x This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

by David P. Greisman Retired two-division titleholder Vinny Pazienza was arrested Wednesday night in Rhode Island and charged with malicious damage and disorderly conduct after an alleged tantrum that came after a bartender asked him to pay a $23 tab and then leave, according to the Associated Press and local television station ABC6.

"The bartender insisted he pay, and Paz refused," according to the television station's report. "Paz is accused of smashing two bar stools against the bars and then throwing them. Paz continued to confront the bartender, but a friend got between the two." Last September, the 50-year-old former fighter was sentenced to 30 hours of community service and ordered to undergo alcohol counseling after pleading no contest to one count of disorderly conduct, according to a report at the time by the Associated Press.

Prosecutors dropped one count of simple assault, the report said. Those charges stemmed from an alleged incident that happened in July at a bar/restaurant, according to a Providence Journal report at the time. Pazienza had been accused of grabbing one woman's breast, which led to the two yelling at each other, causing the woman's friend to get involved. That second woman accused Pazienza of hitting her in the throat, grabbing her hair and throwing her to the floor.

Pazienza, meanwhile, told police that "he grabbed [the second woman's wrists] until she released him, then she fell," according to the newspaper. Pazienza held world titles at lightweight and junior middleweight, and also challenged for belts at junior welterweight and super middleweight. He last fought in 2004, ending his two-decade career on a win that brought his record to 50-10 with 30 knockouts.

1/11/13 7:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Tonight on ShoBox

Ronny Rios vs. Rico Ramos, 10 rounds, featherweights; Daquan Arnett vs. Brandon Quarles, 8 rounds, junior middleweights; Randy Caballero vs. Luis Maldonado, 10 rounds, bantamweights

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.