UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

1/7/14 10:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tomato Can
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Floyd takes it by a mile but that's just me. Bradley is a decent pick too though. Much better than Golovkin.

If Golovkin was FOTY 2013, then Canelo was FOTY 2011.
1/8/14 8:10 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Despite paying for HBO, Bute/Pascal is blacked out here in BC and in PPV for $65

They can fuck off

They blackout all the Quebec fights across Canada and try PPVs no one buys. So nobody knows any of the fighters
1/8/14 8:42 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO - Despite paying for HBO, Bute/Pascal is blacked out here in BC and in PPV for $65

They can fuck off

They blackout all the Quebec fights across Canada and try PPVs no one buys. So nobody knows any of the fighters
That sucks big time. Stream it. Phone Post 3.0
1/8/14 11:14 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that sucks Henry, they'll be a stream available.

1/8/14 11:50 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shaw: HBO Took a Pass on Golovkin-Geale Fight

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=73456#ixzz2psEQeDCO
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

According to promoter Gary Shaw, HBO took a pass, for the moment, on a potential fight between Daniel Geale (29-2, 15KOs) and WBA/IBO champion Gennady Golovkin.

Geale, who Shaw promotes, is scheduled to face Garth Wood (12-3-1, 8KOs) on February 19th in Syndey Australia, and Golovkin (28-0, 25KOs) defends his title on February 1 against Osumanu Adama (22-3, 16KOs).

Golovkin has a tentative return date of April 26th on HBO, which Shaw felt was perfect for both fighters.

However, the network told Shaw that they were exploring other options at the moment. One fighter being whispered as a future Golovkin opponent is James Kirkland.

"I spoke with HBO, and they say they are looking at other options. I know GGG wants to fight Geale. They offered us a fight for Monte Carlo, but Geale wants to be on HBO. After the Barker fight, HBO said they wanted Geale back, but now there is silence. What could be a truer test for GGG than a former world champion, a true 160-pounder - unless HBO wants to put in a 154-pounder or move him up to 168. This is the type of fight that would have made HBO proud in the past," Shaw told BoxingScene.com.

1/9/14 12:38 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

filmed a quick clip of little Robby, kid is the future.

1/9/14 12:52 AM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
HenryO - Despite paying for HBO, Bute/Pascal is blacked out here in BC and in PPV for $65

They can fuck off

That sucks big time. Stream it. Phone Post 3.0

That does suck big time. Would you believe they don't allow UFC highlights to be shown here ? So if I miss a fight and get online to see a news story on the outcome and some highlights, I get a message saying the content is not available in my country.
1/9/14 12:59 AM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - I think Floyd takes it by a mile but that's just me. Bradley is a decent pick too though. Much better than Golovkin.

If Golovkin was FOTY 2013, then Canelo was FOTY 2011.

That is just Ring Magazine/TV though. And I think they base their's on reader votes from a predetermined list they publish for voters to choose from. Suprising though considering the Ring is a US publication. Don't think the Sugar Ray Robinson award has been announced yet.
1/9/14 9:52 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Interesting Roach interview

1/10/14 12:26 AM
Fedoral Crime
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

Interesting Roach interview

Thanks BB, VU as usual.

Yeah I think after their next fights (Floyd/Manny) and assuming that Manny wins, that fight should be next.

As Freddie was saying, Showtime didn't pay that record deal for him to be fighting the likes of Guerrero and Khan.

Floyd will have 3 fights left after his next fight so could you imagine the amount of money that would be generated if there was a May/Pac trilogy?

I know Floyd is the biggest money machine in the sport but I don't think Showtime gives him that deal without some sort of agreement to fight Manny first. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 1:37 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks Fedoral, VU yourself...no doubt Showtime will be pressing hard to get big fights made. If Showtime likes Khan vs Floyd, it's because they are banking big on the International front. But I agree he needs the biggest fights possible.

I hear Guerrero wants out of his contract with GB, he's looking for a Pacquiao fight.

1/10/14 1:38 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

danrafaelespn 7h
Canelo-Angulo undercard in works looks terrific: Santa Cruz-Mijares, Omar Figueroa-Ricardo Alvarez, Nihito Arakawa-Jorge Linares. 

1/10/14 1:39 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

danrafaelespn 8h
Javier Molina out of 1/24 FNF vs Kendall Holt. Broke hand for 4th time. Surgery Tues. New main: 175 Thomas Williams-Cornelius White 

1/10/14 1:42 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

danrafaelespn 7h
Canelo-Angulo undercard in works looks terrific: Santa Cruz-Mijares, Omar Figueroa-Ricardo Alvarez, Nihito Arakawa-Jorge Linares. 

Good matchups, not sure if I like it for ppv. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 3:01 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Wilder To Tyson Fury: Send The Contract Bitch

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=73482#ixzz2pyqtjGbW
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Edward Chaykovsky

Reacting to weeks of insults, heavyweight contender Deontay Wilder (30-0, 30KOs) fired back with a furious response to British contender Tyson Fury (21-0, 15KOs). The talkative Brit has been taking aim at Wilder, claiming the hard puncher is ducking a potential fight. Fury recently aligned himself with promoter Frank Warren, who does have a very good relationship with Golden Boy Promotions, who handle Wilder.

"Tyson Fury, stick another tampon in your ass. Your period is mighty heavy with a strong flow. All you got to do is get Hennessy Sports to send the contact. Stop talking all this nonsense already, it's getting very old. I dare you to send that contract fat momma bitch. Oh and by the way - tell Hennessy Sports to answer the phone this time. All this talk needs to end now," Wilder fired on the social networks.

1/10/14 3:02 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol he'll get killed.

Ishida Targets a Division Move To Heavyweight

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=73470#ixzz2pyrBhdTq

By Hisao Adachi

Former interim junior middleweight world champion and current WBA # 2 ranked Japanese middleweight Nobuhiro Ishida (25-9-2, 10KOs, 38 years old and Green Tsuda Boxing Gym Osaka City) has an ambitious desire to take action in the heavyweight division in Japan in search of new horizons.

Last March, Ishida suffered a deadly knockout at the hands of WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin in three rounds. It was Ishida's third consecutive loss and his first knockout defeat. And it initially appeared that Ishida would retire, but then he came back in August and knocked out Elly Pangaribuan in two rounds.

On December 16, Ishida, Japan's second-ranked middleweight, told the JBC (Japanese Boxing Commission) that he would like to make an attempt in that division.

Ishida launched a challenge to Japanese heavyweight champion and world ranked Kyotaro Fujimoto (8-1, 5KOs, 27 years of age and Jewelry Kadoebi-Boxing Gym in Tokyo and former K-1 world champion).

The JBC (Japanese Boxing Commission) understands the desire of  Ishida, but can not give him permission to directly challenge Kyotaro Fujimoto, due to lack of fights in the heavyweight division.

Ishida, who lives in the city of Osaka with his wife and children, will see action on Saturday, January 11th at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, where he will attempt to convince the JBC by conducting three rounds of sparring with Japanese heavyweight Fujinaka Yamato (4-3, 1KO, 28 years old and Kaneko Boxing Gym in Tokyo and former sumo wrestler) in a boxing evening will be hosted by the Kadoebi-Boxing Gym.

This sparring session with Ishida will take place prior to the 12-round main event for the regional OPBF title between two lightweights Yoshitaka Kato and Masayoshi Nakatani.

If Ishida does well in sparring, he may be classified as a challenger for the Japanese heavyweight title and get sanctioned by the JBC to face Japanese heavyweight champion Kyotaro Fujimoto, who returns on the 30th of April at Korakuen Hall.

1/10/14 3:08 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

He's moving up 3 divisions and 40lbs? Wtf. Why not just go to super middleweight Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 3:18 AM
KFP49
764 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Decides to move up to HW from MW at 38 years old lol. I'm sure that will work out great haha.

1/10/14 4:32 AM
pharochuck
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator

but the japanese heavy division is so thin that a guy who is 8-1 is the champ

1/10/14 6:19 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol I can't picture a HW Japanese boxer lol

1/10/14 7:44 AM
Lick Boners
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

lol I can't picture a HW Japanese boxer lol

It's Kyotaro bro, you might remember him from such KO's as Aerts
1/10/14 3:44 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol yea, Kyotaro...Mousasi put hands on him.

1/10/14 3:44 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

@danrafaelespn 5m

According to Schaefer, @AdrienBroner has picked up his right to a rematch with @ChinoMaidana. He said rematch likely in April on @SHOsports
1/10/14 3:55 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Barry_BondsMVP -

@danrafaelespn 5m

According to Schaefer, @AdrienBroner has picked up his right to a rematch with @ChinoMaidana. He said rematch likely in April on @SHOsports
He could've taken an easy fight like Canelo did, he's taking a HUGE gamble fighting Maidana again. Gotta respect that like him or not. Phone Post 3.0
1/10/14 4:22 PM
pharochuck
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

@danrafaelespn 5m

He could've taken an easy fight like Canelo did, he's taking a HUGE gamble fighting Maidana again. Gotta respect that like him or not. Phone Post 3.0

canelo isn't taking an easy fight. i was in the gym a week or so ago with angulo, he's sharp and ready and is coming to take canelo's head off. canelo had better not be suffering any big fight loss letdowns or he's going to find himself in trouble

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.