UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

3/7/13 1:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IKossedLawlersSalad - 
SubbedZER0 - 

^^^ I thought that was Warren and Schaefer who weren't getting along when that deal fell out?

According to Fat Dan, Schaefer reached out to Burns manager Alex Morrison, who declined the fight.

then Broner attacked Burns on twitter with; “Come fight me, bi***!” And all Burns could say in response was “You’ve cheered me up a bit today with that.”

lol then I guess twitter is where this match up will stay

3/7/13 1:27 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IKossedLawlersSalad -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
IKossedLawlersSalad - 

Ricky Burns/Vasquez fight is off, as Ricky leaves Warren.

So what does this mean for Broner?  Could he fight Vasquez or is Burns now free to come negociate his own deal to fight Broner in America?

sources are saying, Malignaggi vs Broner...

plus Burns camp recently turned down a possible Broner fight.

Whoa. Paulie and Broner.

Broner following in Floyd's footsteps and going to Showtime? Paulies gotta be locked down no? I mean he does commentary for them ffs Phone Post
3/7/13 1:31 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad
893 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol Subbd, exactly where the fight is staying.

Gay, good question on Paulie, he probably is exclusive to Showtime, and Broner hasn't signed with anyone yet. I  see him signing with HBO imo.

3/7/13 1:44 AM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My prediction for Matthysse and Peterson,

Matthysse spins in a circle real fast and KOs peterson with the Argentinian braided rat tail of luck

3/7/13 1:55 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad
893 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, so he goes full sonic the hedgehog on him?

3/7/13 1:57 AM
SubbedZER0

its more like tails with the tail-copter except tail's ass being the back of Lucas head.

lol but seriously you think the Peterson chin holds up if that one gets made? Slow starting may not work out to well for Lamont here

3/7/13 2:02 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

lol, Tails is the right answer.

all the credit to Lamont, he fights anyone, I don't think he can fight someone similar to his style. He doesn't do well moving back, and I just think Matthysse is tougher and has the better chin..It'll go 6-7 rounds in a dog fight, and eventually Peterson wears down.

now if Lamont was smart, with his power and speed, he would try and box Lucas..but he's only a pressure/brawler. It's going to take someone who can stand in the pocket, and box on the outside to break Lucas down.

3/7/13 2:15 AM
SubbedZER0

I agree, walking down Lucas is quite the task to think about. 

I re-watched Judah/Matthysse upon you mentioning it the other day when talking about options for him and was amazed again at the stats after the 3rd round I think it was, 40 head punches to 7 body for Judah, and the complete opposite with about 8 total headshots and 47 body landed ON Judah by Matthysse. I like his overall skillset

I will give Peterson the credit of the first 5 rounds, the guy survived the hell that is Khan's first two rounds. I see the stop coming in the 6th.

3/7/13 2:21 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

yea, I see Matthysse just breaking him down to the body...Ortiz and Bradley gave Peterson problems by fighting his fight.

3/7/13 1:54 PM
SubbedZER0

Not sure if this one was posted. Money May on SportsCenter a couple weeks ago before holt v peterson.

lol @ around the 6 minute mark when they ask him about 'they money bag'

"Nobody on my team carries a bag of money" aka 'Stop telling the public spray my crew and become a millionaire'.

3/7/13 2:04 PM
SubbedZER0

Youtube video with Jazzy Jeff Mayweather being interviewed on his time at TUF

3/8/13 12:24 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

nice vids bruh, thanks

3/8/13 12:24 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Hopkins mocking Cloud

3/8/13 12:34 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

DLH trying too hard lol

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63109#ixzz2MvJv97hb
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Edward Chaykovsky

Golden Boy President Oscar De La Hoya is picking Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (31-1-1, 18KOs) to upset WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs) on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. De La Hoya, who Mayweather decisioned in 2007, has picked several underdogs to beat Mayweather in the past. All of them failed, but now Mayweather is 36-years-old and some are wondering if age is catching up to him.

"It's going to be a tough fight. It's going to be a very physical fight, which Robert is going to make. And we have to wait and see if Father Time is maybe catching up [with Mayweather].....who knows? I'm going to go with Guerrero by decision," De La Hoya told WhamBamSe.

3/8/13 12:37 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Canelo Says Trout Fight is Personal, Jabs Mayweather

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63129#ixzz2MvKkkHO3
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Fernando Schwartz, notifight.com

WBC 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (41-0-1, 30KOs) says the upcoming unification with WBA champion Austin Trout (26-0, 14KOs) "is personal." Canelo reflects back on February of 2011, when Trout defeated his older brother Rigoberto Alvarez in Guadalajara, Mexico. Canelo gets the opportunity to avenge his family on April 20th at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.

"Of course is it personal. He is a great fighter, an undefeated world champion, a difficult oppoonent who won't be easy [to beat]. We are excited about that. I'll be ready, and I'll fight him perfectly for the victory. In the fight with Cotto, Miguel did not think before throwing his punches. You have to look for openings, find the punches that work and then plug those holes. In terms of speed, I believe I'm faster than him and it will be a factor that night," Canelo said.

Canelo touched on the subject for Floyd Mayweather Jr., who the Mexican star is claiming walked away from a planned September fight. Canelo was going to fight Trout on Mayweather's May 4th undercard - pursuant to Mayweather's signature on a contract for the two of them to fight in September.

"He made all of the terms [in the contract]. There was an agreement and he did not sign it. We talked with Golden Boy week after week. He wouldn't sign and I refused to fight on his card. It dragged out week after week. Mayweather decided everything [in the contract], money and everything. The only thing I wanted was to beat him. So I was willing to take a risk with the money [by fighting on his undercard]. I just wanted to beat him. He is not a man of his word. Today he says 'yes', tomorrow he says 'no,'" said Canelo.

3/8/13 12:43 AM
SubbedZER0

Edited: 03/08/13 12:43 AM

being honest here Barry, who do you see the real test being for in this fight ?(Trout v Alvarez)

I'm kinda leaning the test is for Canelo here, not Trout.

3/8/13 12:45 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/8/13 12:45 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

yea no doubt it's Alvarez, toughest fight to date.

3/8/13 12:46 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Gay, is there the longer version yet? all I could post yesterday was the link to the article/video.

3/8/13 12:49 AM
SubbedZER0

Larry Merchant =  Most sucessful verbal sparring partner for Money May

3/8/13 7:15 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

IKossedLawlersSalad - 

Gay, is there the longer version yet? all I could post yesterday was the link to the article/video.

3/8/13 7:16 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

3/8/13 7:17 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

3/8/13 7:19 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

thanks gay, I like the longer version better.

3/8/13 9:09 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Hop eye balling King lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.