UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

2/28/13 3:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fitchhelpsmesleep
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IKossedLawlersSalad - 
CompanyBlue - Floyd doesn't want to commit to the Canelo fight at this time. I'm sure he'd like to keep his options open for easier paydays with less risk. A 2nd fight with Guerrero, Devon Alexander, a rematch with Zab Judah if he gets by Garcia.

how does that make business sense, what if one of them lose? Floyd said he's concentrating on Guerrero right now, Canelo should be worried about Trout, plus there's a rematch clause with Mayweather/Guerrero if he loses...Floyd already has his guarantees with Showtime, Alvarez isn't in the position to demand anything.

I think he's just saying Floyd wanted to keep his options open in the business sense if he wins, just for the options available as far as opponents for his next Showtime fight. The payday is set through Showtime yes, but the risk doesn't nescessarily have to be as big as Canelo. 

But your right, the rematch clause makes no business sense to commit with Canelo or anyone.

2/28/13 3:37 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad
910 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh nooo, I get what he's saying, him and I have had our share of arguments lol. He's just trying to clown Floyd again. (Just having fun with Blue.)

in all seriousness, Canelo is trying to dictate to someone who beats to his own drum...Canelo should of shut up, don't act like a Diva, and fight on the undercard, make your money and call Floyd out if you win afterwards.

Canelo is big in Mexico, while Floyd is Boxing..he's not the shot caller here.

2/28/13 3:38 AM
CompanyBlue
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's be real, you think Floyd is going to wait until he turns 36 before he takes on the hardest fights possible? Not going to happen at all. That would be stupid.

He knows he can get paid fighting easier opponents. You don't think he watched Guerrero against Aydin and Berto and started licking his chops and counting his money? Guerrero is a tough fighter and was a big hitter at 126 pounds but a year ago if you were to be told that Floyds next fight was going to be against Robert Guerrero everybody would be laughing their ass off at the idea and have trouble justifying it.

For the record, I think Canelo is overrated in a major way and is still just a prospect but has superstar following. He does hit hard as shit but he can't block anything either.
2/28/13 1:02 PM
Uncle Creepy's Creepy Nephew
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

50 Cent Says Mayweather Ducked Pacquiao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0pG9P5AQN8
2/28/13 1:39 PM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm thinking trout beats canelo Phone Post
2/28/13 1:49 PM
PTM2020
725 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ I was thinking that too. 

2/28/13 5:45 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the first betting line that i've seen out there on the Canelo v Trout fight was

-300 Canelo (If you drop 300 on Canelo you win 100) to +210 Trout (If you drop 100 on Trout you win 210)

Not exactly calling a winner here but this one might be a nice bout to drop some money on, Thinking about it

2/28/13 6:52 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad
910 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Company, Guerrero is the mandatory and pretty much secured his spot..147 isn't stacked like it once was..a lot of blown up 140 pounders now are running around in the division.

Let's not forget for about a year now, Oscar has said Canelo wasn't ready for Floyd, no way were they going to throw Canelo in there with Floyd in May. He hasn't even faced the top guys at 54' yet. 

Martinez is scheduled for another B-C level UK fighter in his home country soon, plus he has his rematch guaranteed with Chavez in the fall.

who else is left that makes business sense?

2/28/13 6:58 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Edited: 02/28/13 6:58 PM

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8999557/julio-cesar-chavez-jr-suspended-nine-months-fined-900000-nevada-state-athletic-commission-failed-drug-test

JCCjr punishment today.

2/28/13 7:02 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

the debut of 

Zou Shiming, the three-time Chinese Olympic medalist (and two-time gold winner)

Hall of Fame broadcaster Larry Merchant, a ringside staple of HBO broadcasts since the 1970s, retired at the end of 2012. Former heavyweight champ George Foreman was one of his longtime broadcast partners on HBO before leaving the network several years ago.

When they worked together, their chemistry and often heated on-air disagreements -- seemingly refereed by blow-by-blow man Jim Lampley -- made "World Championship Boxing" a must-see show regardless of who was fighting in the ring.

Well, Merchant, perhaps like many of the fighters he has covered, is coming out of retirement for at least one fight card and will team with Foreman to call Top Rank's excellent slate of fights that will take place on April 6 in Macau.

Top Rank is producing the show and responsible for hiring the on-air talent, but it made a deal with HBO to carry the card in the United States on its HBO2 service beginning at 2 p.m. ET/PT (on about a 4½-hour delay in the East and 7½-hour delay in the West), meaning Merchant and Foreman -- whose call will also serve as the English-language international broadcast -- will be reunited on HBO. Tim Ryan, who called fights for many years on CBS, will serve as the blow-by-blow man on the broadcast.

It will be something of a reunion between Merchant and Ryan, too. Merchant told me that the first fight card he ever called, on NBC in 1976 in Paris, was with Ryan as his partner. It featured a middleweight title fight between Rodrigo Valdez and Nessim Max Cohen and a heavyweight fight between Earnie Shavers and Henry Clark.

"Larry and George are like Abbot and Costello, they work so well together," Top Rank president Todd duBoef said. "You include Tim and there is nobody better to represent our boxing brand in the biggest, fastest growing market in the world."

The Macau card, which will take place at Cotai Arena at The Venetian Macao, is a good one. The HBO2 broadcast will include junior flyweight Zou Shiming, the three-time Chinese Olympic medalist (and two-time gold winner), making his professional debut in the four-round main event against Mexico's Eleazar Valenzuela (2-1-2, 1 KO). He is a major star in China and his pro debut is a big deal there, which is why he is in the main event position.

But the broadcast will also include the two world title fights on the card: junior lightweight titlist Roman "Rocky" Martinez (26-1-2, 16 KOs) of Puerto Rico defending against Diego Magdaleno (23-0, 9 KOs) of Las Vegas and unified flyweight titlist Brian Viloria (32-3, 19 KOs), a Filipino from Hawaii, defending against Mexico's Juan Francisco Estrada (22-2, 17 KOs).

"We are delighted that HBO recognizes, as we do, the historic nature of the Macau event and is making it available on a same-day basis to its subscribers on HBO2," Top Rank chairman Bob Arum said.

Although HBO is paying a small license fee for the card -- "Their fee is not even covering my announcer expenses," duBoef said -- he wanted the HBO brand name behind the show more than money, as well as Merchant, Foreman and Ryan, who he called "iconic brand names."

"When introducing a new product to the biggest market in the world, we are thrilled that the biggest brands associated with boxing joins us," duBoef said. "HBO is the gold standard for the sport and we are honored to have their support and commitment to expanding the boxing brand.

"Big George coming to China to do the show is a big deal. Having Larry Merchant and Tim Ryan on is a big deal. They'll do interviews, the people there will see them and know this is a big event."

The two other featured bouts on the card include former junior featherweight titlist Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. (22-2-1, 19 KOs) of Puerto Rico against Japan's Yasutako Ishimoto (20-6, 4 KOs) and junior middleweight contender Vanes Martirosyan (32-0-1, 20 KOs) of Glendale, Calif. against Javier Francisco Maciel (24-2, 17 KOs) of Argentina.

Those bouts won't be on HBO2, but Vazquez-Ishimoto will air on same-day tape on UniMas' "Solo Boxeo Tecate" with Martirosyan-Maciel also part of the broadcast, time permitting.
2/28/13 7:04 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

For the sake of conversation and being bored my man Bonds, the closest I can come off the top of my head as far as 47 goes are (in order of making the most sense to least) Judah (pending exciting W over Garcia if that happens), Pacquiao, and Marquez (Vegas or Mexico)

2/28/13 7:15 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Bradley

Alexander/Brook winner

Pacquiao/JMM winner

that's about it imo

2/28/13 7:15 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Edited: 02/28/13 7:18 PM

V. Klitschko: Haye Refused To Sign The Contract To Fight

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62868#ixzz2MF6mHYlt
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By BoxingBet.pl

According to WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko (45-2, 41 KOs), former two-division champion David Haye (26-2, 24 KOs) missed the lucrative opportunity to face him. Klitschko primarily wanted to face Haye on September 10th in Moscow, Russia, but both sides were unable to finalize the deal. Eventually Vitali fought Manuel Charr (23-1, 13 KOs), whom he beat by technical knockout in the fourth round. Yesterday Klitschko advised Haye to understand that he’s no longer interested in such a bout.

"David Haye had an opportunity to face me on September 10th in Moscow. All of the necessary documents were sent to him, he just needed to sign the contract. Unfortunately, David refused. It means that his train drove away," Klitschko said to the Russian media.

The future of the 41-year old fighter from Ukraine is still unknown. The elder Klitschko brother, who is also heavily involved in politics, has not decided if he wants to continue his career or retire. According to sources with sufficient knowledge of information, Klitschko should make a final decision in the next few weeks.

2/28/13 7:28 PM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haye ducked him? Wow I'm shocked lol Phone Post
2/28/13 7:36 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

talk about waste of potential smh. Haye is a clown.

some intriguing fights for Russell Jr after this weekend.

Javier Fortuna, winner of Dib/Gradovich, Hasegawa, and Juanma if he sticks around at FW.

2/28/13 7:42 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

OmgItsTheWams -  Haye ducked him? Wow I'm shocked lol Phone Post

Gotta love David Haye......

"I'm walking out first against Klitschko, it's a dealbreaker" lolol

2/28/13 7:44 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

IKossedLawlersSalad - 

Bradley

Alexander/Brook winner

Pacquiao/JMM winner

that's about it imo

Wow Bradley slipped my mind. 

Really no interest in Judah though? I think Garcia gets a convincing W with him but if it somehow turned out for an exciting W for Judah? The nut shot/brawl from first fight. Floyd and Zab's fathers/possibly uncles too in corners, could be just me.

2/28/13 8:00 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

I can't see Zab moving up anymore, if he does squeek by Danny, he should give Matthysse his rematch.

2/28/13 8:03 PM
Wasa-B
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bond, is that you renamed?

So what do we make of Fiddy coming out and saying PBF ducked Pac? Sour grapes after their potential fall out?
2/28/13 8:18 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

IKossedLawlersSalad - 

I can't see Zab moving up anymore, if he does squeek by Danny, he should give Matthysse his rematch.

i'm with that too, Matthysse's late knockdown in that one was great.

2/28/13 8:23 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Wasa-B - Bond, is that you renamed?

So what do we make of Fiddy coming out and saying PBF ducked Pac? Sour grapes after their potential fall out?

sour grapes. It's been documented on yahoo the fight was a go back in 09', all Pacquiao and Co had to do was agree upon the testing.

2/28/13 8:23 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Fitchhelpsmesleep - 
IKossedLawlersSalad - 

Matthysse suppose to face the winner, not sure Garcia will step up lol.

2/28/13 8:37 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

IKossedLawlersSalad - 
Fitchhelpsmesleep - 
IKossedLawlersSalad - 

Matthysse suppose to face the winner, not sure Garcia will step up lol.

we've talked about this my good man. 

..............."Hey Amir, rematch buddy?"

2/28/13 8:43 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

I can see him taking that route, it's safer lol.

2/28/13 9:51 PM
PoundforPound
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/28/13 9:52 PM
Looking forward to seeing Gary Russell Jr this weekend. Blazing handspeed and power to go along with it....seems like a guaranteed future champion.

If he keeps developing his boxing IQ there's no telling how good he can be.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.