UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

3/1/13 6:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IKossedLawlersSalad
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golden Boy Warns SSE Over Malignaggi, Broner To 147?

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62922#ixzz2MKjGl1mV
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer has advised BoxingScene.com that his legal team is ready and willing to pounce on Showtime Sports Promotions [not to get confused with the American cable network].

Over the last few weeks, Showtime Sports Events (SSE), run by Johnny Eames, have been sending out numerous press releases related to an event on May 18th in Abu Dhabi. According to the press releases, WBA welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi would appear in the main event against Humberto Soto or another potential opponent.

Schaefer tells BoxingScene that SSE have gone around Golden Boy and contacted several of their boxers, including Malignaggi and Soto, to secure their involvement on this show.

"I have informed my attorney to put these people in Abu Dhabi on notice because they have contacted several of our fighters, including Paulie Malignaggi, which are under exclusive promotional contracts to Golden Boy and any further interference will not be tolerated [and] a lawsuit will be filed swiftly," Schaefer told BoxingScene.com.

Malignaggi told BoxingScene that he would like the opportunity to participate on the Abu Dhabi card, but understands Schaefer's frustrations. He doesn't believe SSE tried to act in bad faith.

"I think they were aware that Golden Boy would have to be on board and I think they thought Golden Boy would be on board because it's such a big opportunity. As long as things get moving I think Richard is on board, but I believe that Richard has lost his patience. I don't blame him, the negotiations have gone on for a long time. if it doesn't get done by the end of the weekend, Richard is ready to move on. I wouldn't have any excuses for him to keep waiting, because I know its frustrating for Richard to keep waiting to put me on the schedule," Malignaggi told BoxingScene.com.

"I know he has to put me on the schedule and he has a job to do and I understand his frustrations. If its not done by end of this weekend, then I wouldn't have anything to tell Richard about him putting me on the schedule for June at the Barclays Center. I know Richard has a job to do and I'm holding him up. My lawyer, Steve Bash, was told that they paperwork would be in by this weekend."

As BoxingScene reported earlier, Golden Boy has placed the Barclays Center on hold for June 22nd for Malignaggi to potentially defend his title.

As we also reported earlier, WBC lightweight champion Adrien Broner (26-0, 22KOs) has a reserved date of June 15th at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. While Broner's preferred opponent is Ricky Burns, there is legitimate interest in moving up, by two full divisions, to challenge Malignaggi for the welterweight title.

"Burns is a possibility but it could be a possibility as well that Adrien my might just  move up and fight Paulie Malignaggi. It would sort of put everybody on notice [at 147] by saying 'hey guys, I'm here,'" Schaefer said.

Malignaggi (32-4, 7KOs) has been approached about the Broner opportunity, and he likes the fight, but first he wants to resolve the situation with the Abu Dhabi offer. However, Malignaggi feels Broner would be making a big mistake by moving up to 147 to challenge him at this moment in time.

"There are weight classes in boxing for a reason. But, there is enough stupid who watch boxing who will actually believe that Adrien Broner could move up in weight and be a legitimate welterweight. I think in due time Adrien can grow into the welterweight division, but I don't see him giving me any problems if he moves up now. And I'm not saying that because I don't think he could fight, because I do think the kid could fight but weight classes exist in boxing for a reason," Malignaggi said.

3/1/13 9:33 PM
Oddessa
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IKossedLawlersSalad - 
Wasa-B - 
IKossedLawlersSalad - 

yes sir.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing--floyd-mayweather-and-manny-pacquiao-nearly-agreed-to-a-2010-fight.html

Thank mang.

Wondering though: "Pacquiao's side declined the 2009 contract offer because Pacquiao objected to Mayweather's request for the drug testing. Though Pacquiao has subsequently agreed to Mayweather's demands for random blood and urine testing, the sides have not been able to reach agreement on a deal."

I seem to recall the rough time lines now. What happened after that?

Also, believe you would have picked Floyd > Manny right?

there's a video out on youtube, I wouldn't remember where to find it...but it's pretty much Top Rank and Co, contradicting themselves from 2010 to last year..Roach says this, but Arum clears it up, Pacquiao says this, but Arum clears it up, even Ariza last year said there's a lot of crap on Bob that he wont go public with. I've said this numerous times on here, Arum is a lawyer and what he does best is lie lol. What's that famous quote he has, "Yesterday I was lying, today I'm telling the truth." Guy bribed comissions and sanctioning bodies etc. 

it's funny that De La Hoya and Mayweather become stars when they left him, Cotto is making the most he's ever had...Pacquiao has money issues lol. Arum had a list of excuses after the third JMM/Pacquiao fight as well, avoiding Mayweather, but he knows how to talk, so the casual fans think it's all Floyd.

Yes, Floyd would of boxed Pacquiao's ears off.

Agree 100%

Yes, Floyd would of boxed Pacquiao's ears off.

and  woulda KO'd Pac..and still will..if he wants/wanted to

3/1/13 10:30 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had to work tonight, keep me updated with the Dib fight guys.

3/1/13 10:40 PM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit just turned in was watching heat play Phone Post
3/1/13 11:11 PM
OneTwo17
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gradovich out worked and out muscled Dib.

Dib wasnt very sharp, wasnt throwing enough combos, and his timing was way off. Phone Post
3/1/13 11:14 PM
OneTwo17
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Graddovich looked good on such short notice and going to 12 for the first time.

Wasnt intimadated at all.

And got the split decision... Phone Post
3/1/13 11:17 PM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was a good fight. Even though Dib lost he fought well, and thankfully the right guy got the decision.

Friday Night Fights has been tearing it up this year.
3/2/13 12:59 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

thanks for the update fellas.

3/2/13 1:07 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

rumor is, Angulo vs Rosado rematch on Mayweather-Guerrero card.

3/2/13 1:55 AM
OneTwo17

Apparently Dib collapsed in the dressing room after the fight and was rushed to hospital.

Dont exactly know how accurate or bad it is, as i only got a text from a mate thats close to the Dib family. Phone Post
3/2/13 1:58 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

heard DiBella said he's okay.

3/2/13 2:00 AM
OneTwo17

Thanks for the info... Phone Post
3/2/13 2:41 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dib is fine, went to hospital just to get his cuts stitched up. Heard everything from 'he's been taken out unconscious' to 'he's lost vision in one eye' last night from the drunken foxwoods experts.

Article & Highlight : http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing-mma/aussie-boxer-billy-dib-has-lost-his-ibf-featherweight-boxing-title-in-connecticut/story-fndkzthy-1226589008357

3/2/13 3:58 PM
DARTHHOGAN
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey compadres, not sure if this has been posted yet but i just stumbled upon it and figured i'd put it up - Brandon Rios calls Broner a bitch and claims he's scared to fight

3/2/13 4:42 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HAHA nice Alvarado.

HBO needs to make that fight happen, Showtime is passing them by big time lately.
3/2/13 4:52 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

I believe Broner beats him down.

3/2/13 5:31 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

song sucks, but love Russell Jr.

3/2/13 6:10 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IKossedLawlersSalad - 

I believe Broner beats him down.

I do believe Broner wins, I do believe he creates a very difficult time for Rios.

But I do see Rios taking a couple rounds and holding up until 9 or later.

3/2/13 7:46 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Rios drops Broner in 1-3.

Broner is so good he is getting sloppy early on and it's highly possible he gets clipped early.

I say Broner would win around 10 after exhausting Rios but it would be a far better fight than anything Broner has seen yet and the kind of bout he needs.

Mayweather needed Corrales to really arrive.

Broner needs to get in there with a guy who can swing and dismantle him. Phone Post
3/2/13 10:07 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Shobox on live now.

3/2/13 10:18 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

my oh my that speed.

3/2/13 11:00 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

hopefully his hands aren't an on going issue.

3/2/13 11:55 PM
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/3/13 12:12 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Broner beats both of these clowns lol

3/3/13 1:46 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Too much Broner in my life right now lol

getting Mike Jones flashbacks......

WHO?!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.