UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

3/3/13 1:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Hopkins fight next week on HBO or Showtime?
3/3/13 1:56 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HBO!

3/3/13 8:10 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have returned to Sub

The iceman cometh........

3/3/13 8:12 PM
God Bless Tim Tebow
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 - 

I have returned to Sub

The iceman cometh only to find out Burns/Vazquez is off and Broner/Burns is probably in play for May or June. :)
3/3/13 8:17 PM
SubbedZER0

Marquez promoter claiming that he has more on the table for JMM than just Pacquiao.

List includes Rios, Alvarado, Jesse Vargas, Ruslan P, and Tim Bradley

Malignaggi claiming he was offered a fight with Broner from GBP

Marco Antonio Barrera claiming a return

*News from Boxingnews24.com but I don't often use the site as I find not everything comes to frutition and the articles can be a bit bashing sometimes.

3/3/13 8:19 PM
SubbedZER0

God Bless Tim Tebow - 
SubbedZER0 - 

I have returned to Sub

The iceman cometh only to find out Burns/Vazquez is off and Broner/Burns is probably in play for May or June. :)

lol i'm dissapointed for sure.

But I sure don't mind Broner/Burns and appreciate the news!

3/3/13 9:15 PM
SubbedZER0

A gift for BarryBonds, thought you/forum would enjoy this highlight.

3/3/13 11:36 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol thanks Subbed, I hope Broner isn't jumping 140.

3/4/13 6:52 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/4/13 6:59 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Malignaggi on Facing Adrien Broner, Going To Abu Dhabi

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63024#ixzz2McQ9PRWs
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Ryan Burton

Rumors have swirled the past couple weeks in regards to WBA welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi's next opponent.

BoxingScene.com first reported that Malignaggi (32-4, 7KOs) was in negotiations to face either his mandatory challenger Diego Chaves or former three division champion Humberto Soto in Abu Dhabi.

Last week Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer  revealed to BoxingScene's Rick Reeno that undefeated WBC lightweight kingpin Adrien Broner may jump up two weight classes to face Malignaggi on June 22nd at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. Malignaggi told Boxingscene that he is interested in facing Broner but that he is also intrigued with the idea of fighting in Abu Dhabi.

"The Broner fight interests me.  I love new challenges and I'm a business man.  It potentially could make sense on both fronts. My team is also still working on the Abu Dhabi fight trying to make that happen," Malignaggi stated.

The Italian-American said that he isn't sure when he will have his next fight finalized but hopes that it will be wrapped up soon. He also said that he plans on continuing with his role as a boxing analyst on Showtime even while in his training camp. Malignaggi has received rave reviews for his broadcast work.

"I hope (to wrap up negotiations) as soon as possible.  I want to begin training camp with the right mental focus.  I'm not going to take a hiatus.  I love my Showtime job. It doesn't even feel like work!," Malignaggi told BoxingScene.com.

3/4/13 7:01 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Sergio Martinez-Martin Murray: 10,000 Tickets Sell in 24H

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63022#ixzz2McQczTBx
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

Promoter Sampson Lewkowicz of Sampson Boxing advised BoxingScene.com that 10,000 tickets were sold in a 24-hour period for Sergio Martinez's scheduled defense of the WBC middleweight title against unbeaten WBA-interim champion Martin Murray.

Martinez (50-2-2, 28 KOs) vs. Murray (25-0-1, 11 KOs) is promoted by Sampson Boxing and DiBella Entertainment, and it will be televised live on HBO from Club Atlético Vélez Sarsfield in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The stadium will be scaled to seat around 40,000, says Lewkowicz. Martinez has not fought in Argentina since 2002.

"The response is unbelievable. Tickets went on sale yesterday and 10,000 were sold in 24 hours. There was a limit placed of 10 tickets per indivdual. The website [http://www.tuentrada.com] selling the tickets crashed last night and crashed two more times today. We expect a full sellout in the next couple of days," Lewkowicz told BoxingScene.com.

3/4/13 7:03 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

James DeGale-Alexander Brand Now Set For March 23

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63018#ixzz2McR8EZHG

London - Hennessy Sports have today announced a replacement opponent for James DeGales MBE after complications with the Pablo Oscar Natalio Farias fight, the Olympic Gold Medallist and WBC number 4 contender will now defend his WBC Silver super middleweight title against Alexander Brand on March 23rd at Glow, Bluewater.

The former WBC Latino champion from Bogota, Colombia is ranked number 10 by the WBC he is also the longest tenured fighter in the history of the Colombian Olympic team and is the only fighter from Colombia with 437 amateur fights.  In these 437 amateur fights, he only lost 20 times.

Mick Hennessy said "To cover ourselves opponent wise my agent in North America has been talking to Team Brand for the last few weeks and we're delighted we have now got a top 10 fighter for James to prove once again that he is a top world class fighter on the march to world honours."

"Brand is a World class fighter that not only had a brilliant amateur career but also he holds a professional record of 19-1.” Said James DeGale “But that could have been 20-0 as his only loss was a split decision over 8 rounds and I know the feeling losing on a split decision."

“Once I've got passed this Colombian puncher who has 15 knockouts in his 20 fights,  I will be sitting down with my promoter Mick Hennessy and looking to the big fights later this year maybe against the winner of Kessler vs. Froch or a rematch against Groves before going after Andre Ward.”

Supporting James DeGale MBE at Glow will be the son of the legend, middleweight sensation Chris Eubank Jnr in his 10th pro fight.

The undercard will also feature Tyson’s cousin Phill Fury, Peter McDonagh from Bermondsey, Swanley’s Martin Welsh, Dani Davis from Croydon and Jordon Gill from Chatteris.

3/4/13 7:07 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Burns isn't getting along with Warren, what a surprise lol.

Fat Dan also said his team turned down a potential fight with Broner.

Russell Jr. is willing to fight Juanma at 128 pounds.

3/4/13 8:58 PM
SubbedZER0

Yes Sir at the Floyd/Guerrero pic!

in for possible Juanma v Russel Jr as well

3/5/13 8:29 AM
Uncle Creepy's Creepy Nephew
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what about Groves signing with Matchroom. He will be on this weekends card at Wembley against Dario German Balmaceda then out again on the Froch/Kessler2 undercard/Co-main.

Sat 9th March
Darren Barker v Simone Rotolo
George Groves v Dario German Balmaceda
Lee Purdy v Carson Jones

Barker/Rotolo for the vacant IBF Inter-Continental Middleweight title.

3pm ET , Midday PT, 8pm GMT start
3/5/13 6:47 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Matchroom is a good fit, nothing but respect for Groves...he's eyeing Abe/Stieglitz and Froch/Kessler 2 winners.

3/5/13 7:24 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Team Martinez has no problems facing Canelo, only if they agree to 160 pounds and HBO telecast.

3/5/13 7:25 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Andre "waste my prime" Dirrell will be fighting on FNF against Ossie Duran on April 12th.

3/5/13 7:27 PM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/05/13 7:28 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad - Team Martinez has no problems facing Canelo, only if they agree to 160 pounds and HBO telecast.

Martinez would go to 154 for a Floyd fight but not for Canelo.

That should let Alvarez know that he's not a shot caller yet.
3/5/13 7:28 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Wlad faces Francesco Pianeta on May 4th.

3/5/13 7:32 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Saturday March 9  @  Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
TV: Showtime Time: 9pm ET
Bernard Hopkins (52 W 6 L 2 D 32 KOs) vs Tavoris Cloud (24 W 0 L 0 D 19 KOs) -  IBF light heavyweight title
Keith Thurman (19 W 0 L 0 D 18 KOs) vs Jan Zaveck (32 W 2 L 0 D 18 KOs) -  Welterweight

3/5/13 7:33 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

PoundforPound - 
IKossedLawlersSalad - Team Martinez has no problems facing Canelo, only if they agree to 160 pounds and HBO telecast.

Martinez would go to 154 for a Floyd fight but not for Canelo.

That should let Alvarez know that he's not a shot caller yet.

absolutely, well GB had September 14th planned for Canelo's first PPV, regardless of his opponent..that's if he gets by Trout, which a lot of people already are doing.

3/5/13 8:27 PM
SubbedZER0

Barry,

anything on all these promoters looking at September 14th? Read a small bit on Floyd, Manny, and Canelo all looking at the same night (obv not on the same card)

3/5/13 9:17 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

I've only heard Canelo, would be shocked if Floyd fights 3 months after Guerrero.

3/5/13 10:21 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Russell Jr. suffered a hairline fracture.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.