UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

3/14/13 1:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
gusto
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why is floyd going after ward. there is no potential for a fight, correct?
3/14/13 1:31 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad
884 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, we'll see in a few weeks.

3/14/13 1:31 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad
884 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gusto - why is floyd going after ward. there is no potential for a fight, correct?

Marketing for his fight lol.

3/14/13 10:44 AM
gusto

IKossedLawlersSalad - 
gusto - why is floyd going after ward. there is no potential for a fight, correct?

maybe, i just dont know how this works exactly.

ward's best weight is like 20lbs over floyds best weight isnt it?

could they fight at 160?
3/14/13 1:33 PM
pharochuck
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
gusto - why is floyd going after ward. there is no potential for a fight, correct?
I'm hearing ward has been speaking bad about Floyd behind the scenes and is pretty good pals with Guerrero and is managed by Floyd's ex manager. Ward apparently has a very low opinion of Floyd and his antics Phone Post
3/14/13 9:33 PM
HenryO

gusto - 
IKossedLawlersSalad - 

could they fight at 160?

LOL FLoyd aint wanna or gonna fight Andre Ward.
3/14/13 10:24 PM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's a good one for the thread. Who do you guys think Roach's new undefeated addition to his fighters will be?

3/14/13 10:25 PM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm going with Canelo

3/14/13 10:35 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's one handsome ginger 

3/14/13 11:09 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

gusto - 
IKossedLawlersSalad - 

could they fight at 160?

Ward can't make 160 anymore, he'll be fighting at 175 sometime soon.

so Ward fights 3 weight classes up.

3/14/13 11:11 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Rafael Marquez needs surgery http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9054199/rafael-marquez-needs-surgery-leo-santa-cruz-bout
3/14/13 11:12 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

@danrafaelespn
Richard Schaefer said more than 12k tix sold Wed (1st day available) for @caneloOficial-@NoDoubtTrout. Alamodome scaled for 30Kish. #boxing

3/14/13 11:13 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

@danrafaelespn
Heavyweight Robert Helenius' opponent on the 3/23 Abraham-Stieglitz 2 undercard on @EPIXsports is England's Michael Sprott. #boxing

3/14/13 11:26 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Abril, Bogere, Russell Jr. Test Clean After Recent Fights

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63358#ixzz2NZjQpim7
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Jake Donovan

The March 2 lightweight tilt between Richard Abril and Sharif Bogere didn’t feature a lot of clean action amidst a 12-round maul fest, but both fighters at least produced clean drug test results.

All of the fighters who appeared on the seven-fight card at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas were tested for steroids and drugs. All 14 fighters tested negative, which means all results stand.

Abril (18-3-1, 8KO) defended his upgraded lightweight title with a unanimous decision over Bogere in the evening’s main event. The lack of sustained action made for a difficult viewing experience among the 1,448 in attendance, which drew a live gate of $116,250.

The bout was first official defense of his alphabet belt. Abril entered the promotion as an interim titlist – a status he maintained even after last April’s loss to Brandon Rios due to Rios’ failure to make weight – but received a last minute upgrade to full titlist.

The defense marked his first fight since the aforementioned loss to Rios and his first win since scoring a unanimous decision over former titlist Miguel Acosta in Oct. ’11.

Bogere (23-1, 15KO) suffered his first loss in what also served as his first crack at a major title. The Ugandan export – now based out of Vegas – hadn’t fought since last June, with this particular fight postponed and also relocated.

The co-feature battle wasn’t much better, as Gary Russell fought through an injury to pitch a 10-round shutout over Vyacheslav Gusev.

Both bouts aired live on Showtime.

3/14/13 11:27 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Floyd Mayweather vs. Robert Guerrero is Nearly Sold Out                                                                                                                                         Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63356#ixzz2NZjjNvlO
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

LAS VEGAS - When tickets went on sale Tuesday, March 12 for the May 4 WBC Welterweight World Championship mega event featuring Eight-Time and Five Division World Champion Floyd "Money" Mayweather against Six-Time and Four-Division World Champion Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nev., the public responded with a massive rush to the box office and online ticket outlets.

Within twelve hours of going on sale, less than 1,500 seats remained for the Cinco de Mayo weekend event. It's obvious fans are clamoring to see boxing's biggest attraction, Mayweather, return to the ring against the determined, hard-hitting Guerrero in addition to a second world championship bout between WBC Featherweight World Champion Daniel Ponce de Leon and Two-Division World Champion Abner Mares as well as a soon to be announced roster of top flight undercard action.

"Boxing fans know what they get when they purchase a ticket to a Floyd Mayweather fight," said Leonard Ellerbe, CEO Mayweather Promotions.  "Floyd is the biggest attraction in the sport and the public has responded with a brisk buying pace which has led to tickets almost being sold out in one day.  This will be another great night for all of those lucky enough to be in the arena for another Mayweather experience."

"This is a testament to the interest in Floyd Mayweather and, I believe, in the inspirational story of Robert Guerrero and his will to win both in boxing and in life," said Richard Schaefer, CEO Golden Boy Promotions.  "Tickets sold quickly and without reservation for this blockbuster event on the Cinco de Mayo weekend as sports fans understand the magnitude of what it means to be a part of this tremendous night of boxing."

"MAY DAY: Mayweather vs. Guerrero," a 12-round fight for Mayweather's WBC Welterweight World Championship is promoted by Mayweather Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions and sponsored by Corona, O'Reilly Auto Parts and AT&T.  The mega-event will take place Saturday, May 4 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and will be produced and distributed live by SHOWTIME Pay-Per-View® beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT.  Also featured will be Daniel Ponce de Leon vs. Abner Mares, a 12-round fight for Ponce de Leon's WBC Featherweight World Championship.

Remaining tickets for "MAY DAY: Mayweather vs. Guerrero" priced at $1,500, $1,250, $800 and $600, not including applicable service charges, are on sale now with a total ticket limit of 10 per person.  To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000.  Tickets will also be available for purchase at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com .

3/15/13 6:24 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

March 16

At Carson, Calif. (HBO): Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov, 12 rounds, for Bradley's WBO welterweight title; Jessie Vargas vs. Wale Omotosu, 10 rounds,                                                                                                                                                                                                        Jessie Magdaleno, Oscar Valdez, and Jorge Linares fight tomorrow night as well.
3/15/13 10:24 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Bute-Pascal officially on for May 25th.

3/15/13 10:26 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Gamboa Targets Juanma Clash; Luis Olivares Update                                                                                                                                               Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63383#ixzz2NfKuvjAj

New York, NY - After a spectacular pro debut that was televised nationally on ESPN on March 1, 50 Cent's SMS Promotions has Luis Olivares returning tonight, March 15 on Telemundo's televised card. Luis "Magic Man" Olivares (1-0), a 2012 US Olympic alternate and 2011 National Amateur Champion, will be facing off against Victor Vega from Puerto Rico in another nationally televised bout.

After knocking out his opponent in the first round in his pro debut, 50 wasted no time in returning Olivares to the ring. "I enjoy watching Luis fight,"50 stated,"He is a lot tougher than he looks. In his last fight at Foxwoods he knocked out his opponent in the first round at 1:38. It was exciting.”

Another one of SMS' stars, Yuriorkis Gamboa, seems poised to return to the ring in June. There is a possibility that Gamboa moves up to the lightweight division in this bout. After winning the World Interim Championship at the Junior lightweight category, Gamboa is stating that a move to the 135 lbs weight class is imminent.

"I want to beat the best at 135 and would love to finally face Juan Manuel Lopez. JuanMa never had the courage to face me while he was undefeated and we were both world champions in the featherweight division," Gamboa stated. "I spoke to 50 and I know there have been discussions with (Peter) Rivera to make this fight and even a guarantee of a higher payday than what he would get paid if he faces Mikey Garcia or Nonito Donaire, so there are no excuses. The fans in boxing deserve to see fights that they have been asking for, and Lopez-Gamboa has been in the works for 3 years. People in the business have lost sight that the fans are the ones that support this sport with their hard earned dollars and it's time we give back. It's nonsense that they do not get to see fights they ask for, ala Pacquiao vs Mayweather or my fight vs JuanMa Lopez."

Gamboa closed by delivering a message to JuanMa, "You can run but you cannot hide. - you are no longer protecting an undefeated record. 50 told me he's willing to make this fight happen and even make it in Puerto Rico. We will guarantee you more money than what you will get versus Garcia or Donaire. There are no more excuses and after I'm done with you, I'm going after a wannabe rapper from Cincinnati."

Broner next?

3/15/13 10:29 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

DeGale's career is a joke right now                                                                                                                                                                            Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63386#ixzz2NfLbhIml

London - Hennessy Sports regrettably announce that the upcoming WBC Silver title fight between James DeGale MBE and Alexander Brand on the 23rd March at Glow, Bluewater in Kent has been POSTPONED.

Hennessy Sports would like to apologise to everyone that this unfortunate and unavoidable situation has affected.

Hennessy Sports and James DeGale will be issuing a statement in the coming days regarding the rescheduled date and the situation regarding tickets for this exciting encounter between these two world class fighters.

Please note that the original tickets will remain valid for the rescheduled date.

3/15/13 10:31 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Broner-Paulie going back and forth                                                                                                                                                                            Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63398#ixzz2NfMHBvN4

By Rick Reeno

In an earlier article on BoxingScene.com, WBC lightweight champion Adrien Broner (26-0, 22KOs) was very vocal in responding to some of the recent comments that were made by WBA welterweight champ Paulie Malignaggi (32-4, 7KOs).

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer is working behind the scenes to finalize Broner-Malignaggi for an HBO televised date of June 22.

On Thursday, Malignaggi stated that he heard Broner was reluctant to face him at the Barclays Center, which is located in Malignaggi's hometown of Brooklyn. Broner denied Malignaggi's claim, telling BoxingScene that he will fight Malignaggi "anywhere."

"I'll fight that motherf***er in the closet. Tell Paulette it's his time of the month and I understand he's going through some things. He's going to get f***ed up. I don't care if it's at the Barclays Center, I don't care if it's at the barbecue. What the f*** is he talking about?," Broner told BoxingScene.com.

"Anybody that Adrien Broner fights is easy money. I don't care who it is. And I will be a 23-year-old three-time world champion in three different weight classes - and that's some sh*t that's never been done. The jump shot that I made is bigger than Paulie. Paulette, talking about he's [got a size/power advantage] and he hasn't knocked anybody out since way back when. Paulette, pull your f***ing skirt up."

Malignaggi questioned some of the statements that were made by Broner.

"I don't know what kind of bedroom life Adrien Broner has, but with him calling me Paulette and wanting to fight in closet - I don't go that way. Nothing against him if he does [like men], but my personal preference is women. If he's going to start calling men Paulette and starts talking about fighting in the closet with them, it's not my cup of tea," Malignaggi told BoxingScene.com.

"I will say that I'll beat his ass in a boxing ring in Barclays Arena. That I will say. As far as my sexual preference goes, I like women. But with Adrien, there won't be any role playing where he calls me Paulette and we both go in the closet. That we're not going to do. That's going to be a problem. He has to find another Paulette. I'm into role playing but I role play with females in the bedroom and not with dudes in the closet."

"He's talking about me picking up skirts. He's taking it the wrong way a little bit. What I will do is beat his ass in a boxing ring. I will help him in that way and let him know which way this is going to go. This is going to where he is going to get his ass beat and not to where we are going to end up in a closet to role play. I don't know how Adrien and his boys get down in Cincinnati but me and my boys in Brooklyn don't get down like that."

3/15/13 10:38 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Alvarez/Trout staredown.

3/15/13 10:46 PM
Fedoral Crime
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck -
IKossedLawlersSalad - 

Pharo, Prince was also screwing with Dawson's funds before the Pascal fight.

he's a bad guy
I don't know his history but I kind of agree with some of the points he made.

Was Floyd a PPV draw before the DLH fight? I'm from Ireland so I honestly don't know if he was in the US, but I remember his fights against Gatti and Corrales definitely weren't PPV.

I'm far from a Floyd hater he's easily the best fighter for more than 10 years but his comments against Ward seemed a bit out of line to me. I think Ward is just unlucky to be in a division that doesn't have a lot of big draws right now. Phone Post
3/15/13 11:22 PM
pharochuck
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Fedoral Crime -
pharochuck -
IKossedLawlersSalad - 

Pharo, Prince was also screwing with Dawson's funds before the Pascal fight.

he's a bad guy
I don't know his history but I kind of agree with some of the points he made.

Was Floyd a PPV draw before the DLH fight? I'm from Ireland so I honestly don't know if he was in the US, but I remember his fights against Gatti and Corrales definitely weren't PPV.

I'm far from a Floyd hater he's easily the best fighter for more than 10 years but his comments against Ward seemed a bit out of line to me. I think Ward is just unlucky to be in a division that doesn't have a lot of big draws right now. Phone Post
Another way to look at it is He was the manager, when Floyd got away from him he then saw high levels of success Phone Post
3/15/13 11:42 PM
HenryO

Broner/Malignaggi is a bullshit fight. Cant say I wont watch though.

Broner just needs to fight someone like Rios or Bradley after
3/15/13 11:48 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Henry, not the best fight for sure, but it's the best fight available..9 of the 10 top 140 pounders all have fights, and the top dogs at 47' have fights too. Broner can become a champ in three different divisions and he's only 23, that's pretty good.

and I'm with you on the last sentence.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.