UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

3/18/13 11:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IKossedLawlersSalad
867 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63494#ixzz2NxBfjI4J
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Francisco Salazar

Some news and notes about the Timothy Bradley-Ruslan Provodnikov fight and the fallout from event …

- After his unanimous decision victory over Ruslan Provodnikov, Timothy Bradley admitted to HBO’s Max Kellerman in a post-fight interview that he thought he suffered a concussion because of repeated blows to the head. Dr. Paul Wallace, a California State Athletic Commission physician, advised Boxingscene.com after the fight that Bradley was sent to the hospital for signs of amnesia and not a possible concussion.

During the interview with Kellerman, Bradley did admit that he could not remember certain sequences in the fight.

- Do not count on Provodnikov dropping down and facing the best fighters at 140 pounds. Trainer Freddie Roach stated to a few members of the press after the fight that Provodnikov will remain at 147 pounds. “It has been hard for him to cut weight to get to 140 pounds. He’s not moving down.”

That would make things interesting considering there is talk of Provodnikov fight the winner or loser of the Brandon Rios-Mike Alvarado fight on March 30th. Would either boxer make the move up in weight to fight Provodnikov?

- After Bradley recovers from the brutal bout against Provodnikov, he is sure to get another “beating” of sorts. Trainer Joel Diaz says that he is going to have a stern talk with Bradley when the time is appropriate. Diaz was upset Bradley fought against the fight to Provodnikov, but not to trade with the hard-hitting Russian.

“He’s going to hear it from me,” said Diaz, who has trained Bradley since 2004. “I kept yelling at him to not trade with him because he (Provodnikov) was hurting him. I kept telling him to box, move, and work from the outside.”

- Promoter Artie Pellulo told Boxingscene.com that Provodnikov will be out of action six months. Not sure if he forecasted that time because of the cuts on Provodnikov’s face or to recuperate from the energy expended from the fight.

- Attendance at the Home Depot Center was announced at 3,050.

3/18/13 11:46 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad
867 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Macau Looms For Manny Pacquiao's Next Fight                                                                                                                                                        Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63498#ixzz2NxCZC3pj
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

by Ronnie Nathanielsz

Manny Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz has indicated that Macau looms as the venue for the eight division world champion’s next fight planned for sometime in September.

Koncz told boxingscene.com/Manila Standard that “Macau seems to be it according to (Top Rank promoter) Bob Arum.

At the same time Koncz told us that “unless there is a deal set with the venue regardless of who the opponent is, I don’t see Manny having time to go to Macau in the middle of an election.”

While Pacquiao is running unopposed for  re-election for the sole congressional seat in Sarangani province his wife Jinkee who is running for vice governor of the province and brother Rogelio who is going up against  former congresswoman Darlene Antonino Custodio face tough battles.

Koncz said that “if Arum closes a deal with Macau then that’s a different story because then we should be there to represent the Venetian and so on” even as he indicated that Pacquiao’s purse would be essentially tied up with the chosen venue.

He said “the most important thing is the venue and the purse goes hand-in-hand with the vebnue.”

As for a possible opponent, Pacquiao’s adviser said the names of Juan Manuel Marquez who scored a crushing 6th round knockout over Pacquiao in Las Vegas last December 8 in their fourth meeting and WBO welterweight champion Timothy “Desert Storm” Bradley who came out a close winner in a war with Pacquiao’s premier sparring partner Ruslan Provodnikov are among those being considered along with the winner of the rematch for the WBO light welterweight interim title  between Brandon “Bam Bam” Rios and Mike Alvarado on March 30 , although Koncz intimated “I have some thoughts of my own” which he didn’t spell out.

Top Rank will present a blockbuster fight card at the Venetian in Macau on April 6 in which WBO/WBA flyweight champion Brian Viloria will defend his title against tough Juan Francisco Estrada of Mexico and No.1 contender Milan Melindo will face Tommy Seran of Indonesia with two-time Olympic gold medalist and three-time world flyweight champion Zou Shiming making his professional debut and the undefeated Penalosaa brothers Dodie Boy and Dave also on the card.

At the same time he said Pacquiao’s continuing to play basketball was good exercise for him “because he enjoys it and its less stress.”

3/19/13 12:32 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Apparently, Broner bit someone on the forearm when being pulled away at a club lol.

3/19/13 12:47 AM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*shakes my head*

Broner is a knucklehead.

HBO should have just taken the stance that they would pay money for the best matchups regardless of promoter. Favoring Arum and completely cutting off Golden Boy isn't going to help them.
3/19/13 12:35 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2013/03/broner-malignaggi-sent-the-police-on-me/ Phone Post
3/19/13 6:55 PM
pharochuck
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Bradley only pulled 3000 fans? Wow with the legit wins under his belt Peterson and Alexander and the PAC 'win' he should be a bigger star. Always fought hard Phone Post
3/19/13 7:02 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

CBS/Showtime Schedule leading up to May 4th

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2013/03/mayweather-vs-guerrero-on-showtimecbs-on-may-4th/
3/20/13 1:12 AM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck -  Bradley only pulled 3000 fans? Wow with the legit wins under his belt Peterson and Alexander and the PAC 'win' he should be a bigger star. Always fought hard Phone Post

Did 1.4million viewers on HBO, Id say people wanna see him fight
3/20/13 1:51 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

More info on the Broner incident                                                                                                                                                                                 Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63519#ixzz2O3YdzhPZ

by David P. Greisman

Adrien Broner allegedly bit a security guard in the forearm as the guard tried to break up a fight that was taking place outside of the Fontainebleau Hotel, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by BoxingScene.com from the Miami Beach Police Department.

Officers were called to the hotel at about 3:39 a.m. on Monday for a report of an altercation between hotel security and multiple men. Upon arriving, police were told that Broner, a 24-year-old Cincinnati man named Michael M. Owensby and “additional unknown males” had been fighting on the valet ramp of the hotel.

A security guard had come up from behind Broner to try to pull him away from the fight.

“While doing this, [Broner] bit the victim in the right forearm,” wrote the police officer in his arrest affidavit. “I observed the injury, which was visible on his forearm.”

Security guards told police that Broner had been detained after a short struggle, which is how he remained until officers arrived and took him into custody.

“I asked [Broner] what happened, and he stated that he did not hit anyone,” the officer wrote.

Owensby, meanwhile, was also charged with one count of battery. He is accused of pushing a security guard “in the chest with both hands in an attempt to assist” Broner as the fight was being broken up.

Broner was released on $1,500 bail, as was Owensby, according to online court records. Broner posted about his arrest on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook on Monday evening.

“They tried to keep a nigga locked down in MIA,” Broner wrote on Twitter at about 7:30 p.m. Eastern Time.

The 23-year-old fighter is coming off a February win over Gavin Rees that brought his record to 26-0 with 22 knockouts. He is expected to face welterweight titleholder Paulie Malignaggi in his next bout, potentially in June.

3/20/13 2:03 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Mosley is facing Cano in Cancun lol, May 18th.

3/20/13 2:04 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Carlos Molina-Ishe Smith have a purse bid set up for March 25th if no agreement is reached before then.

3/20/13 2:10 AM
Eddy Payeur
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck -  Bradley only pulled 3000 fans? Wow with the legit wins under his belt Peterson and Alexander and the PAC 'win' he should be a bigger star. Always fought hard Phone Post

I totally agree. I don't know why he doesn't have a bigger fanbase. He's humble, lives right, has a suspect chin but great recuperative abilities and the heart of a lion. I just hope HBO treats him right and he gets paid.
3/20/13 3:19 AM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Juan Manuel Marquez is considering either Bradley or Brandon Rios for his next fight.

Either one would be a barnburner.

3/20/13 6:22 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Conte quits team Donaire

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Gabriel/Montoya-032013-Victor-Conte-quits-Team-Nonito-Donaire-Breaking-News.htm
3/20/13 11:47 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Bey suspended 3 months for his failed test

3/21/13 6:36 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Throwback Thursdays 

3/21/13 9:04 PM
OmgItsTheWams
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did George drop to middle weight? I became a fan after sierra destroyed him and he came back and fought on I thought that was the end of his career Phone Post
3/21/13 9:40 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

yea his last fight was at MW, looks to be true for this fight tomorrow too.

3/21/13 9:46 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

50,000 tickets sold for three GBP Mega-Fights

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article14096.html
3/21/13 9:50 PM
pharochuck
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eddy Payeur -

I totally agree. I don't know why he doesn't have a bigger fanbase. He's humble, lives right, has a suspect chin but great recuperative abilities and the heart of a lion. I just hope HBO treats him right and he gets paid.
All the things they were trying to build broner into, Bradley already is. Battle tested and had wins over every guy except khan that was considered comp, but I don't think anyone can say he wouldn't have beat khan as well Phone Post
3/21/13 9:57 PM
pharochuck

HenryO -

Did 1.4million viewers on HBO, Id say people wanna see him fight
But in the end you gotta do both. Sell tickets live and the gate. For example Bernard did similar numbers on television and 12000 at the arena. Andre ward is considered a regional draw and he can pull 3000 to his weigh ins. Adamek as well. Those are pathetic numbers at the gate for a guy with Bradley's resume. Lamont Peterson and Devon Alexander, two guys he beat soundly pull crowds 3x those numbers when they fight Phone Post
3/21/13 10:02 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still nobody with an idea who Freddie Roach's new fighter is?

Says he has an undefeated superstar level fighter coming in to work with him, as well as he's been contacted by Victor Ortiz.

really hoping its Canelo

3/21/13 11:11 PM
OmgItsTheWams
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's everyone think about Curtis Stevens he dropped to mw his last fight where he should've been his whole career and carried his power I think he is an exciting fighter any chances he can make some noise in mw division Phone Post
3/21/13 11:34 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OmgItsTheWams -  What's everyone think about Curtis Stevens he dropped to mw his last fight where he should've been his whole career and carried his power I think he is an exciting fighter any chances he can make some noise in mw division Phone Post

I think his left hook is a coke machine coming at the side of your head.

3/22/13 12:24 AM
pharochuck

OmgItsTheWams - What's everyone think about Curtis Stevens he dropped to mw his last fight where he should've been his whole career and carried his power I think he is an exciting fighter any chances he can make some noise in mw division Phone Post
He's a solid puncher with a solid amateur back ground, that being said his lack of overall speed will hold him back and the fighters at 160 are going to be faster. The pro though is he will be one of the hardest punchers in the division Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.