UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

4/2/13 4:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tebow Worships Satan - 15k tickets already sold for Bute/Pascal.

They expect a sell out. Might beat GSP numbers.

In terms of gate?

4/2/13 6:31 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry,

whats up with Oscar looking into Broner v Alvarado? I thought Broner and the Magic Man was already a go?

4/2/13 7:15 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
814 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for when Subb? 

4/2/13 7:16 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
814 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

on May 4th, Leo Santa Cruz will move up to FW to challenge tough journeyman Alexander Munoz, and J'Leon Love vs Gabe Rosado is set too.

4/2/13 7:20 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

for when Subb? 

I'm not sure.

I caught in an article online that Oscar was doing some social media and other things to sorta inquire how fans would feel about the fight and if Top Rank had any interest in it.

After Bob Arum's 'Oscar cries and goes to Showtime, everyone in boxing is in business with HBO' rant, who knows if thats even close to possible. Even for a set fee of Broner.

4/2/13 7:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea I doubt it happens, but Broner would probably punish him.

4/2/13 7:34 PM
SubbedZER0

this is true. def not Rios walking forward on you.

Side Note - I would pay to see Rios imitate the Pacquiao Marquez fight by himself

4/2/13 7:35 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol it was good, he's still a douche though lol

4/2/13 8:04 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
512 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

on May 4th, Leo Santa Cruz will move up to FW to challenge tough journeyman Alexander Munoz, and J'Leon Love vs Gabe Rosado is set too.

Is this the same day as Froch, Bute, and Pascal?

So just a regular Showtime event? Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 8:05 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
512 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And vote ups for all the guys that keep this GOAT thread going. Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 8:18 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

those are the undercard fights to Mayweather/Guerrero, Gay

Pascal/Bute is on May 25th.

4/2/13 8:44 PM
SubbedZER0

Splitting PPV 50.50 with a friend of mine.

with a 65-70 dollar price range even this is killing me. 70 dollar ppv.....hurts

4/2/13 8:54 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Barry_BondsMVP -

those are the undercard fights to Mayweather/Guerrero, Gay

Pascal/Bute is on May 25th.

Ah how could I forget May 4th. Solid undercard fights, should've made the connection since Love is TMT Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 10:44 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Malignaggi-Broner, Mitchell-Banks on June 22nd.

4/2/13 10:47 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Team Martinez talks Geale, GGG and Quillin

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63990#ixzz2PMfZkRLe
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

Sampson Lewkowicz, the adviser to WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (50-2-2, 28KOs), informed BoxingScene.com that champions Gennady Golovkin (26-0, 23KOs) and Daniel Geale (29-1, 15KOs) are strong possibilities for Martinez's next fight - provided Martinez retains his crown on April 27th in Argentina, when he faces undefeated Martin Murray (20-0-1, 11KOs).

"Everyone loves a unification. Gennady Golovkin and Daniel Geale are quality fighters who have been promoted very well. Right now we are focused on the fight with Martin Murray, but Golovkin and Geale are very good options for Sergio in the near future," Lewkowicz told BoxingScene.com.

Golovkin is being positioned for a June return, potentially against Matthew Macklin. Geale's next fight is up in the air - after mandatory challenger Sam Soliman tested positive for a banned substance in the aftermath of his recent victory over Felix Sturm.

When asked about the possibility of fighting WBO champion Peter Quillin, Lewkowicz laughed off the option and tells BoxingScene that he needed a Youtube refresher to jump start his memory on who Quillin was.

"Golovkin and Geale are fighters who people know and they have been promoted very well - but I can't say the same for Peter Quillin, who nobody knows. I had to go on Youtube to remember who Quillin was, and the only thing I found was a video where Quillin was interviewing himself and asking 'who is Sergio Martinez?' Maybe by now Quillin knows who Martinez is - but we still have no idea who Peter Quillin is," Lewkowicz said.

Quillin defends his title against Fernando Guerrero, also on April 27th, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

4/2/13 10:49 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Berto-Soto Karass, Thurman-Chaves, Russell Tripleheader?

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63992#ixzz2PMgGKrrP
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer has advised BoxingScene.com that a Showtime televised tripleheader is taking shape for the month of July. The card will take place on July 20th or July 27th - with Florida, New York and California in the running to host the card.

In the main event, former IBF/WBC welterweight champion Andre Berto (28-2, 22 KOs) will face Mexico's Jesus Soto-Karass (27-8-3, 17 KOs). Undefeated Keith Thurman will get the stiffest test of his career in the co-feature, when he faces interim-WBA welterweight champion Diego Chaves (22-0, 18 KOs). Rounding out the tripleheader is rising featherweight contender Gary Russell Jr. (22-0, 13 KOs), who faces an opponent to be determined.

"Andre Berto is one of the most exciting fighters in boxing. Berto has been involved in two Fight of The Year battles with Victor Ortiz and Robert Guerrero, so I'm happy to have Berto back. And he is facing a fighter who is exactly like him in Soto-Karass, who comes back from a big victory over Selcuk Aydin. Soto Karass is never in a bad fight and has an iron chin, so that should be a very exciting toe-to-toe action battle. Then we have Keith Thurman facing Diego Chaves, who is the WBA's 147-pound interim-champion. Diego Chaves is a big, strong guy and it will be the biggest test for Keith Thurman and that will provide fireworks. And we will have Gary Russell on there as well. A tripleheader with three fireworks fights," Schaefer told BoxingScene.com.

4/2/13 10:51 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

^I like that 

4/2/13 10:58 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Dzinziruk retires

4/2/13 10:59 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Rios-Alvarado pulled in 1.2 million views.

4/3/13 4:22 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Reminder tonight, 30 days in May on Showtime 10ET.

4/3/13 5:34 PM
SubbedZER0

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Reminder tonight, 30 days in May on Showtime 10ET.

vtfu for reminder. i'm actually looking forward to seeing some Mayweather craziness tonight

4/3/13 6:32 PM
pharochuck
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
I think ggg is too much of a risk for Martinez right now. Martinez has got the job done but he has not looked sharp his last couple fights. Gennady is hungry and hits like a mule Phone Post 3.0
4/3/13 6:58 PM
SubbedZER0

pharo,

read a couple articles mentioning that GGG and Macklin (Spelling?) looking at one another. Not sure how much weight they hold or what will come of it though

4/3/13 7:59 PM
SubbedZER0

TiliShkodrani - I can't wait for Donaire-Rigondeaux. I haven't been this excited for a fight in a while. These guys are both so good I expect to see rediculus technical action. No matter who wins.

And then Canelo a week later.

I'm excited for both of these as well Tili

I do think Donaire gets Riggy though. Donaire's very athletic to Riggy's great technical boxing and counter-punching. Donaire's also a great puncher and I just don't think Riggy's chin holds up when Donaire finds him.

4/3/13 9:39 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

GGG will beat Macklin easier then Martinez, which will give more fuel for GGG facing Martinez. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.