UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

11/16/12 7:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
875 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=59419#ixzz2CQz85EBL This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article. By Rick Reeno Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer has made a proposal to Bob Arum, the CEO of Top Rank. Golden Boy is interested in matching WBC super bantamweight champion Abner Mares against WBO king Nonito Donaire, who Top Rank promotes. Arum is open to doing the fight, but only if Top Rank handles the entire promotion. Arum recently told BoxingScene's Luis Sandoval that Top Rank has no interest in doing a straight co-promotion with Golden Boy. They are willing, however, to pay Golden Boy a fee for the services of Mares. "We have no interest in working with Golden Boy. However we will offer them a sum of money for the services of Mares, put them up as a co-promoter but we have no interest doing a regular co-promotion with them," revealed Arum to BoxingScene. Schaefer has no issue with Arum's position. But, Golden Boy is only willing to step aside on Donaire-Mares if Top Rank is willing to step aside on a junior welterweight fight between Brandon Rios and Lucas Matthysse. Schaefer is open to negotiating a fair fee for the services of Rios. "I saw the interviews and the comments from Top Rank. I have no problems with it. Top Rank can do Mares vs. Doniare and we'll do Mathysse vs. Rios. Bob just needs to tell us how much he needs for Rios....fair is fair. We can agree on both fights at the same time.....no options, no rematches," Schaefer told BoxingScene.com. The two promotional rivals are probably not going to be any closer to making either match. Top Rank is positioning Rios to fight Manny Pacquiao on April 21. If for whatever reason that fight doesn't come off, then Top Rank already has a backup plan with a Rios vs. Mike Alvarado rematch. In the case of Donaire, there is a growing demand for a fight with Mares. Donaire, should he beat heavy underdog Jorge Arce on December 15, will need another lucrative opponent for 2013. Although talented, Guillermo Rigondeaux's inability to sell tickets makes him "high risk, low reward" proposition. Donaire-Mares is the natural fight that should be made. There is some discussion about Donaire heading to 126 next year, and whether or not Mares is willing to meet him there is unknown. Mares has no shortage of immediate possibilities, with Leo Santa Cruz, Fernando Montiel and Victor Terrazas chasing him for a shot.
11/16/12 8:23 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pascal vs Cloud> Dawson vs Pascal
11/16/12 8:33 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
875 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LHW division is wide open...all three guys are head cases in the ring lol

11/16/12 8:47 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed the Cloud fight just interests me more.
Probably would have been more exciting, plus we have not seen it before.
11/16/12 9:11 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I agree with that, Cloud hits hard...

11/16/12 9:23 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry what do you think about another 24/7 full 4 episode series with Manny/JMM?

I thought they would have done a road to 24/7 for this instead of a full 4 part series. Does anyone really want to see another Manny/JMM 24/7?

They should be used for Floyd fights and do some for new fighters coming up, Manny/JMM are boring as shit.

Maybe its just because I have literally zero interest in that fight, havent missed a Manny fight in I cant even remember how long but I might not even watch this fight.
11/16/12 9:26 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I agree with you, should of been 2 episodes at best...all we're going to hear is how this is Manny's best camp yet, he's back...no more drinking, cheating, gambling etc. JMM is just going to complain for four episodes claiming he's 3-0 against Manny, and he'll probably plug his book that he's apparently writing, on how he beat Manny lol.

11/16/12 9:30 PM
Chris27

Yeah I understand why they do it because its a 4 week commercial to promote the fight but Manny 24/7 are boring and another one with JMM is gonna even worse.

Floyd makes that show, even the Sergio and JCC one was good because it was new, it was new fighters in it.

11/16/12 9:31 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

with Hostess going out of business, Broner should be making weight easy now lol

11/16/12 9:33 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Seth Mitchell vs Johnathon Banks

11/16/12 9:35 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

agreed with that, Floyd and fresh fighters are always good..I know a Broner 24/7 would be interesting lol...

Pacquiao/JMM 24/7 on ESPN will get solid ratings too.

11/16/12 9:47 PM
Chris27

Barry_BondsMVP - 

agreed with that, Floyd and fresh fighters are always good..I know a Broner 24/7 would be interesting lol...

Pacquiao/JMM 24/7 on ESPN will get solid ratings too.

Its airing on ESPN?
11/16/12 9:49 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

ESPN is working with HBO Boxing now...they aired a few episodes of JCC/Martinez on ESPN2.

11/16/12 10:33 PM
AttentionDeficitDizzle
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Broner thinks he's Money Mayweather...he needs to develop his own persona
11/17/12 7:32 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Froch destroyed Mack with ease.

so Froch will go to Canada and run through Bute again.

11/17/12 7:33 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/17/12 8:11 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

that right hook to the body, you could hear that baby.

11/17/12 8:19 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Marquez-Viloria card at 6

11/17/12 9:19 PM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/17/12 9:20 PM
Very sweet KO by Froch.
11/17/12 9:30 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

his team is eyeing Bute, Kessler and Ward....

I believe March is the rematch in Canada with Bute.

11/17/12 10:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Banks-Mitchell, someone should be getting KO'd

11/17/12 10:22 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

down goes the Mitchell train lol

11/17/12 10:30 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol, no doubt he is.

11/17/12 10:31 PM
OmgItsTheWams
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Play by play did banks pull off the upset? Phone Post
11/17/12 10:35 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea Mitchell had a good first round...Banks came out in the second and caught Mitchell with a counter that dropped him...he couldn't recover after that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.