UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

4/14/13 4:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea Canelo does, should be a good one.

agreed Prettyboy, turned it up in the 12th.

4/14/13 5:28 AM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big win for Rigondeaux. I was disappointed that Nonito didn't try different tactics, seems like he was just trying to land a big power shot all night long.

But all credit to the Cuban for frustrating him with a varied attack and good movement.
4/14/13 7:35 AM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a classic Counter Puncher vs. Counter Puncher.

One needs to take the initiative and push the fight knowing he can always counter punch. Phone Post
4/14/13 11:55 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donaire's actually a counter-puncher as well (I think). It was just the case that Rigo was the better man.

4/14/13 12:43 PM
iBetYouQueersWontVoteMeDown
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyBoy -
Barry_BondsMVP -

After Rd 1. Rigondeaux's speed and reflexes is nuts, Donaire should of been jabbing more besides waiting on Rigo.

He had an amazing performance... Almost finished Donaire in the 12th. Well deserved. Phone Post
Very surprised at the utter domination. Great performance, Donaire was a step behind the whole fight. That left hook did some real damage to his eye too, wonder if he broke the otbital. Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 12:55 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very impressed with Riggy's performance. He had some sweet timing for his straight too.

He took the knockdown well also.

4/14/13 12:58 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donaire claims he struggled to make weight, wants to move up.

4/14/13 1:11 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

DiBella Erupts After Pressed on Martinez vs. Golovkin Fight                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=64411#ixzz2QSUzWXf7
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Bill “Two Scoops” Emes

Promoter Lou DiBella unloaded after a reporter continued to press him on the subject of matching WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (50-2-2, 28KOs) against IBO/WBA king Gennady Golovkin (26-0, 23KOs) in the immediate future. Martinez defends his title against Martin Murray (25-0-1, 11KOs) on April 27th, while Golovkin will face Martinez’s stablemate Matthew Macklin (29-4, 20KOs) on June 29th.

“It would have been an idiotic, stupid economic decision, f***ing stupid as sh*t, for him to fight Golovkin now. Gennady doesn’t bring any money to the table, simple as that. This is his biggest fight right now [with Macklin],” DiBella said.

“If he beats Macklin, it's going to up his marketability substantially and it’s going to make the fight more possible. “

DiBella got fired up when a reporter continued to press, suggested that DiBella is ignoring Golovkin in the same manner that Top Rank’s CEO Bob Arum ignored Martinez when the Argentine boxer was hunting for Miguel Cotto several years ago.

"Shut the f*** up, seriously. You're not right. What was the difference about it? Arum was saying until f***ing one year ago ‘who the f*** was Martinez’ and Martinez did half a million pay-per-view buys and half the arena was Argentinians. Shut the f*** up and let [K2 Promotions] build their star. No, you're not right. A 38-year-old fighter is going to make as much money as he can. That's my job and if you don't get that - then go back to school,” DiBella said.

“With all due respect, with who he's fought - yeah he's overrated. I think he’s great but I don't think that you can look at the fighters he's fought and think he has a right to say anyone has ducked him. Honestly, the level of competition has been carefully selected to allow him to have the best knockout percentage in boxing and make him look like a beast. With all due respect, Ishida was shot six years ago and had one lucky punch against Kirkland. Rosado was a 154-pounder, he was not a 160-pounder. “

4/14/13 1:15 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

De La Hoya with the low blow lol

"You should have taken the $3 million. I guess Showtime Sports does have the best 122-pounder after all, Abner Mares."

4/14/13 1:47 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yes sir, always love the Fox cards, since they start at 5.

4/14/13 1:55 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lmao at Louie D getting trolled. poor guys easy to piss off.

4/14/13 1:56 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol at that gif.

4/14/13 2:01 PM
SubbedZER0

For the history of angry Lou's sake and our viewing pleasure.

4/14/13 2:06 PM
SubbedZER0

also Juan diaz KO'd Pipino Cuevas in the 6th. Tryin to find a replay.

4/14/13 2:07 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lou is so lucky he can still ride the coat tails of Sergio Martinez.
4/14/13 2:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

good for Juan Diaz.

4/14/13 3:05 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting fight last night, impressive performance by Rigondeaux. Cant say im too keen to see either guys next fight though, when it comes to little guys for me if its not going to be a high output fight I dont really care much
4/14/13 3:26 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Fat Dan was complaining about the fight, but someone made a good point to those who were hating.

Funny how writers talk wistfully and faux knowingly about Willie Pep yet complain about #Rigondeaux.

4/14/13 7:36 PM
SubbedZER0

If Trout knocks out Canelo next weekend imma be like

4/14/13 7:37 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who do you guys favour in that fight? I'm leaning towards Trout.

4/14/13 7:45 PM
SubbedZER0

Troutinator.

4/14/13 8:50 PM
PrettyBoy
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

yes sir, always love the Fox cards, since they start at 5.

Agreed... Any of you guys in So Cal? We should have a viewing party for the Boxing/MMA fans on this site. Phone Post
4/14/13 9:22 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I'm the Central Valley..stuck inbetween So and No Cal.

I'm slightly leaning with Canelo, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Trout give the same treatment to Canelo that Rigo did last night...just fight on the outside and use speed and boxing.

4/14/13 9:28 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want and think Canelo will win.
I think Trout is getting a bit overrated after his Cotto fight.
4/14/13 10:05 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

was talking to Subb, and we decided to mix things up on here. Once or twice a week we'll do a small poll amongst us to chose an old or current fight to watch/re-watch..Gay and Subb have a lot of fights they could link us to enjoy. Watch guys like Pep, Armstrong, Robinson, to the Murder's Row in the 80's to the trilogy of Barrera/Morales etc.

also, inbetween that, we're going to re-visit a controversial fight and have us rescore it, and give thoughts through out. I use to do this at the Boxing Site I was on. 

so the first fight we plan on revisiting is Mayweather-Castillo 1, either Tue or Wed Evening, should be a good fight to rescore.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.