UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

4/14/13 10:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^That's a cool idea.

4/14/13 10:28 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
875 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good, we'll be showing and rescoring the Mayweather-Castillo fight, Wed night at 6:30 pst.

4/14/13 11:00 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IN

4/14/13 11:22 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

good, we'll be showing and rescoring the Mayweather-Castillo fight, Wed night at 6:30 pst.

What about 7:30?

Or is it meant to be done leading into All-Access?

Great idea btw. Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 11:24 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
875 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

okay, 7:30, was just looking out for those on the East Coast.  So I'll switch it too 7:30 pst on Wednesday Night.

Me, Gay, Subb in so far..ThatKick are you in to rescore the fight?

4/14/13 11:49 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm on the east coast. Fuck I conveniently forgot I work nights and will be on the road. Do whatever time works for you all. Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 11:54 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

damn you Gay lol, okay back to regular time, 6:30 pst Wed.

4/15/13 10:07 AM
jar of flies
807 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rigondeaux/donaire full fight
4/15/13 10:28 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TiliShkodrani - Canelo is going to demolish Trout. This isn't Donaire vs Rigondeaux.

Trout has no KO power, and frankly his combinations aren't that great. Canelo is a bit stationary, but his hand speed and power will show, and he's smarter, he can adjust.

Canelo by 7th round TKO

I think Trout is waaaaay overrated as well. And some where along the line Canelo has become underrated (at least among the hardcores)
4/15/13 1:42 PM
Wasa-B
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So was just reading about the promoters dlilemna about what to do Rigondeaux as Nonito isnt exactly a huge name in the States and considering Rigondeaux's very defensive Ive been making the argument that the UFC/MMA fans have the craziest, most unrealistic expectations of the fights but I guess its still true - though to a lesser degree - in boxing that the big punching exciting fighters and fights sell more than title fights for example.

So how "boring" is Rigondeaux? One article mentioned Floyd is of course a defensive master but lands better and cleaner counters. I guess its a universal thing that a bigger personality will sell more and be more marketable and esp true if you are a non-American in boxing. Pac is the nice guy foreigner but of course has the once in a generation kind of offensive I guess boxing has always encountered the same marketing challenges as MMA but I still think boxing fans appreciate boxing for boxing sake more than MMA fans. I think MMA fans are more similar to the casual Tyson fan....agree/disagree?
4/15/13 4:50 PM
Phisher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's Donaire whining about the fight. This is really pathetic.

4/15/13 5:53 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

was talking to Subb, and we decided to mix things up on here. Once or twice a week we'll do a small poll amongst us to chose an old or current fight to watch/re-watch..Gay and Subb have a lot of fights they could link us to enjoy. Watch guys like Pep, Armstrong, Robinson, to the Murder's Row in the 80's to the trilogy of Barrera/Morales etc.

also, inbetween that, we're going to re-visit a controversial fight and have us rescore it, and give thoughts through out. I use to do this at the Boxing Site I was on. 

so the first fight we plan on revisiting is Mayweather-Castillo 1, either Tue or Wed Evening, should be a good fight to rescore.

Throwing in a quote and ttt so everyone can catch Wednsday's plans (630pmPT)

may make a thread, think its worth it Bonds?

4/15/13 7:42 PM
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just read this on BLH - Showtime has Canelo/Trout on April 20th, Garcia/Judah on April 27th, and Mayweather/Guerrero on May 4th.

Talk about a strong 3 weeks of boxing for SHO.

4/15/13 7:44 PM

Edited: 04/15/13 7:45 PM

It's just a good 3 weeks for fight fans in general with Fox 7 and 159 as well.

4/15/13 8:24 PM
endochokedme
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sergio Martinez also on April 27th, but on HBO
4/15/13 8:32 PM

Damn. 4/27 has Judah/Garcia, Martinez/Murray, and Sonnen/Jones.

4/15/13 9:39 PM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

Damn. 4/27 has Judah/Garcia, Martinez/Murray, and Sonnen/Jones.

Epic. Fight fan heaven right there.
4/15/13 9:41 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Subb, you want to start a thread, as a heads up?

and people that have been complaining about Rigondeaux's performance, mainly the media...they must of never watched Willie Pep or Locche fight. Yet those guys are regarded as All time greats.

I can see Saturday's fight being similar to Donaire/Rigo because Trout can box and he's quick, if he can keep Canelo on the outside..he might pull off the upset.

4/15/13 9:45 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Canelo/Trout Promo by GP

4/15/13 11:40 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

NEW YORK, APRIL 14, 2013 -- Dethroned WBO, Ring Magazine and WBC Diamond Belt super bantamweight champion Nonito "The Filipino Flash" Donaire who lost his title to former Cuban two-time Olympic gold medalist Guillermo Rigondeaux at the iconic Radio City Music Hall in New York on Saturday, plans to move up in weight and fight former WBO featherweight champion Juan Manuel "Juanma" Lopez later this year.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told the Manila Standard and ABS-CBN that Donaire "really struggled to make the weight and I think that took a little zip out of him and this kid Rigondeaux was awfully fast and awfully elusive."

Arum told us Donaire would "fight Lopez at 126 pounds in Puerto Rico towards the end of the year."

4/16/13 12:35 AM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't think Rigondeaux was boring at all.

If a guy is using movement on you it's your job to cut off the ring or break him down to the body or apply relentless pressure. Get on the inside at all costs and stay there.

If you can't do it then you deserve to lose. He successfully imposed his style on you.
4/16/13 1:11 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

exactly how I feel PFP...now someone like Mares might give Rigondeaux serious problems, does exactly what you stated.

4/16/13 2:08 AM
rudj
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@Barry_BondsMVP got another T-shirt for u buddy.

Kinda street sumo Tho, still working on the design.

I'll drop off what I have in the next day or so. You can tell me what you think.
4/16/13 2:14 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks bro, Jason just got back into town today, so when I get some time, I'll try and talk to him.

4/16/13 10:32 PM

Edited: 04/16/13 10:32 PM

De Leon vs Broner should be the next fight re-scored after Mayweather/Castillo I.

I'd be very interested to get everyone's opinion on that fight, as I think it can be reasonably argued that either man won.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.