UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

4/9/13 2:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PoundforPound
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see Spadafora get back in the championship mix again.
4/9/13 8:08 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Common will be narrating the All Access; FMJ/Guerrero which airs tomorrow...fat Dan caught the first 10 mins, said it was good.

4/9/13 11:51 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody got Direct TV? Im not showing "boxing" on my HBO schedule for Saturday 

4/10/13 12:00 AM
Mihow
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

longest weekend ever
4/10/13 12:02 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't Gay, but sometimes the schedules aren't accurate.

4/10/13 12:02 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Oldsley wants to win a title, and make history, smh lol.

4/10/13 12:05 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Fury-Cunningham: Hughie Fury To Make US Debut at MSG                                                                                                                                      Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=64221#ixzz2Q1uvlbJw
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Before Tyson Fury and Steve Cunningham go at it in the heavyweight showdown of the year on NBC network television, at The Theater at Madison Square Garden in the afternoon of April 20th, a loaded undercard will warm up the New York crowd and have them ready for the anticipated main event.

The stacked undercard is led by an 8-round middleweight match between Brooklyn's Curtis "Showtime" Stevens, 23-3, 17 KOs, and Chicago's Derrick "Superman" Findley, 20-9, 13 KOs. This nationally televised co-feature is likely to be a punch-out, with both fighters known as straight forward battlers with a taste for knockouts. The NBC broadcast will begin at 4PM ET. Stevens has smoked his last two foes in a single round, and Findley toppled Ronald Hearns, the son of the great Thomas Hearns, in his last knockout win.

Also featured on the undercard is undefeated Philly lightweight Karl "Dynamite" Dargan, 12-0, 6 KOs, in a 6-rounder against Sergi Ganjelashvili, 4-5-1, of Ft. Lauderdale, FL. This will already be the second fight of 2013 for Dargan, who has vowed to stay active after a stop-and-start couple of years in the ring. With his uncle, top-flight trainer Brother Naazim Richardson, in his corner, Dargan is expected to make his move in the division this year, and finally reach the potential that his stellar amateur career suggested would come his way. Dargan will look to score lucky win #13 against Ganjelashvili.

Cruiserweights Sevdail "The Illyrian" Sherifi, 9-1-2, 8 KOs, and Josh "The Juice" Harris, 8-6-1, 6 KOs, will clash in a heavy-fisted 6-rounder. Both fighters will enter the ring with excellent knockout stats. All but one of the Sherifi's wins have come by KO, while Harris, the southpaw from Youngstown, OH, has stoppage wins over Alex Mejias and Jaywon Woods to his credit. Chances are this fight will end long before the final bell.

Undefeated Brooklyn-based but Poland-born heavyweight Adam Kownacki, 4-0, 4 KOs, takes on Calbert Lewis, 0-2, of Gary, IN, in a 4 round preliminary bout. The Polish puncher will look to keep his record perfect, while Lewis will chase his first victory as a pro.

Hughie Fury, the cousin of main eventer Tyson Fury, will make his American debut in a 4-round fight. His opponent has not yet been confirmed, but just like his more famous relative, the younger Fury will be looking to make an impression on the Garden boxing fans. The 18-year old Hughie is also a heavyweight, but measures a '"mere" 6' 6", a full three inches shorter than his gargantuan cousin.

After the undercard brawls are finished and the smoke finally clears, the MSG crowd will be in the perfect mood for the big 12-round heavyweight eliminator between Fury and Cunningham.

4/10/13 12:06 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Cleverly calling for Hopkins again.

can't wait for Brook-Alexander card.

4/11/13 12:49 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Arum Eyes Donaire-Juanma, Martinez-Garcia Double                                                                                                                                                 Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=64271#ixzz2Q7wen8AZ
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By "Mr. Boxing" Giancarlo Oquendo

As first revealed by veteran reporter Jose Sanchez, Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is very interested in staging a September HBO televised doubleheader from Puerto Rico. In the main event, Nonito Donaire (31-1, 20 KOs) would face Juan Manuel Lopez (32-2, 29 KOs), and the co-feature would have WBO super featherweight champion Rocky "Roman" Martinez (27-1-2, 16KOs) defending against Mikey Garcia (31-0, 26KOs).

In order for all of this to happen, Donaire would have to win Saturday's super bantamweight unification with Cuba's Guillermo Rigondeaux (11-0, 8 KOs). Also, Garcia would have to get past a June defense of his WBO featherweight title, which is likely going to come against Orlando Cruz.

Peter Rivera of Puerto Rico Best Boxing assured Arum that Juanma would be able to get down to 126-pounds for a fight with Donaire. If Donaire and Juanma collide, there is a possibility that the vacant WBO featherweight title will be at stake - if Garcia's title becomes vacant with his move to challenge for the 130-pound version of the belt.

"It would be a big event in Puerto Rico. We told Peter [Rivera] that's what we'd do if Donaire beats Rigondeaux, put him in against Juanma. If Mikey wins his fight in June, he would also be on the card in a fight against Martinez," Arum said. "Peter said Juanma should not have trouble making 126 pounds. He fights in Mexico on April 20 at 128 pounds, so it would be a matter of training and not gaining too much weight between fights."

4/11/13 1:05 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Gamboa vs. Perez is Reportedly Close For June 8th                                                                                                                                                  Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=64270#ixzz2Q80grBMU

By Rick Reeno

Sources close to negotiations have advised BoxingScene.com that a deal is "very close" for Yuriorkis Gamboa to face lightweight Darley Perez in the HBO televised co-feature on June 8th. Based on the latest, Gamboa (22-0, 16KOs) vs. Perez (28-0, 19KOs) will likely "not take place in Las Vegas." Perez emerged as the likely candidate after Juan Carlos Burgos reportedly "overpriced himself" and BoxingScene was told that Miguel Vazquez was not a "serious consideration."

Perez's promoter, Gary Shaw, refused to comment on the status of Gamboa-Perez. The other half of HBO's televised card will showcase Chad Dawson in a defense of his WBC light heavyweight crown against Adonis Stevenson, and that will take place at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada.

4/11/13 1:08 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

King Disagrees With HBO Maneuver on Golden Boy                                                                                                                                                 Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=64269#ixzz2Q81JyZ9F

by Ryan Burton

Arguably the most famous promoter in the history of boxing, Don King, spoke to BoxingScene.com about HBO's recent decision to sever their business relationship with Golden Boy Promotions.

HBO Sports, led by President Ken Hershman, felt Golden Boy was using their outlet to build talent and then steering that same talent to network rival Showtime. However, insiders believe HBO broke ties with Golden Boy because the biggest star in the sport, Floyd Mayweather Jr. [a close business partner of Golden Boy], signed a multi-year exclusive contract with Showtime in February.

Over two decades ago, King found himself in the same position. In 1990, King took Mike Tyson away from HBO and brought him to Showtime - and also began to showcase some of his other recognizable names on their network. Because King made that business maneuver - HBO Sports, then led by Seth Abraham, refused to do further with his company.

"History repeats itself, [and] if you don't do nothing to change things [then things will repeat themselves]. You have to be able to go to the cause rather than the effect. I created HBO. HBO was not in boxing. I gave HBO a shot at the heavyweight title for $125,000 dollars when ABC was offering me $800,000 dollars - but because they wouldn't give me the million I asked for - I decided to take the $125,000 and help elevate the young, striving little network called HBO. That's what I did and now they are the biggest thing out there," King told BoxingScene.com.

"I did the same thing with Showtime and [CEO] Tony Cox, with Mike Tyson. And now they are a formidable competitor. This is what the problem is - if [the network] is going to do the same thing [again] - then you are not going to be able to argue about nothing else. That is the first time in television network history that a television network fires a [company]. Here is a person who says they are coming to clean up but it's not what you do but the way that you do it."

"You can always be competitive and say that you want to make more money and then you sit down and discuss it, and if it isn't what it is then you you agree to disagree. But you don't throw a rock at [someone's] hand, you don't blindside nobody. That's the first time that I know, so I'll say in my humbler opinion, that a network has made a public decree that you're fired. I have never seen that before and therefore it is news to me that they would have that kind of intestinal fortitude to do something [like that]."

"I can't talk to you where it's my way of no way. It's a give and take situation. And if want to do something in this world, you have to keep that [in mind] and its something that is easier said than done, but I try very, very hard to do do that."

4/11/13 1:10 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Trout Confirms USADA Testing, Canelo's Rematch Demand                                                                                                                                     Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=64248#ixzz2Q81v51yt

By Luis Sandoval

Austin “No Doubt” Trout is training hard for his upcoming mega fight with Saul “Canelo” Alvarez as both undefeated champions will meet April 20th at the Alamodome  in San Antonio, TX on Showtime. It’s a fight most didn’t think would happen but now we’re less than 2 weeks away from seeing this unification bout happen.

Trout was on the most recent episode of BoxingScene Radio as he revealed that random drug style testing was agreed upon and both fighters have already been tested by USADA (United States Anti-Doping Agency) who is the agency administering the tests.

“Definitely. We pushed and pushed for it and actually USADA is here right now getting all their stuff ready. But they got to wait until my interview [with you guys is] over! But yeah, I've been tested twice and this would be the third. I'm hoping they're testing him and not just destroying results like they've done before. Maybe next time we can get VADA but right now we have to take what we can get with USADA. No offense guys” a chuckling Trout would say to BoxingScene Radio as well as the USADA personnel in his presence.

Random drug testing is extremely prevalent now for big fights and this bout was no exception. Even before this fight was anywhere near to being signed, Trout had disclosed he would only fight Alvarez if both participated in random style drug testing.
While Trout made his request, Alvarez and his handlers had one of their own. Trout was asked if a rematch clause had been set in the contract.

“You know it! You know it. Of course they did. They didn't want this fight. [It’s for] when things don't go their way. That's one of the things we were worried about [with] the contract going back and forth. They wanted options and a rematch and we're like ‘come on, get out of here'. You can have the rematch, that's fine. And of course if the other way happens, say he wins -which is not going to happen- there is no rematch clause. So you know, I'm again taking the short end of the stick to get the fight that I want. Hopefully I won't be doing that too much longer” said the New Mexico native.

Trout expects a tough fight from Canelo but regardless of what he has to go through, he promises his hand will be raised when it’s all said and done.

“April 20th when we meet in the center of the ring we're having an explosive fight…for a while. Then I feel I'm going to do like I usually do and pull away. If he can take it, we can go 12 rounds. And if he can't, he's going to down. But either way my hand is going to be raised by the end of the night with that green strap around my waist along with my WBA belt. I will walk out of there a unified champion and he can go get another brother to try to avenge his loss. There's other fish to fry but you won't catch Trout” said the WBA champion.

4/11/13 1:39 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

looks like Hopkins is fighting his mandatory, Armenian Born/German fighter Karo Murat.

4/11/13 2:59 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

All Access Mayweather-Guerrero Episode 1.

4/11/13 4:39 AM
pharochuck
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Hopkins-mandatory doesn't move me, like to see cleverly or kovalev get in the mix more Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 12:07 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

agreed Pharo, Macklin-GGG set for June 29th.

Jermell Charlo vs D-Hop is being put together for Broner-Malignaggi card.

Mayweather on mark already.

4/12/13 12:10 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

JMM going to decide by the 15th, eyeing Bradley.

4/12/13 1:26 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - I'd like to see Spadafora get back in the championship mix again.
It's coming.

Spadafora was in line for Maligniaggi after Hatton lost until Broner became a real option.

Paul will likely defend his newly one fringe title belt once or twice before getting a payday versus a name.

If he gets to 50-0, I'd see him getting a Showtime support slot and possibly be a Mayweather foe.

1. That fight could have been good years ago so it was a legit wonder.

2. An undefeated white boxer with a backstory of redemption could bode quite well on Showtime with an All Access run before the bout.

Spaddy still has it and has his head on straight. Phone Post
4/12/13 3:24 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

damn, Brook may be injured again..might have to withdraw from Alexander fight.

4/12/13 2:01 PM
SubbedZER0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

boxing on ESPN2 (FNF) @ 9PM  and Showtime at 11PM tonight (ET)

solid night!

4/12/13 4:24 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

That lisping turd be ducking!!!!

GGG vs Macklin is set for 6-29

Cant wait for Donaire vs Rigo tomorrow!
Next week is Canelo vs Trout
And then Da sex vs Murray.
Plus all the MMA, the rest of this month is fucking stacked.
4/12/13 6:29 PM
SubbedZER0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

That lisping turd be ducking!!!!

GGG vs Macklin is set for 6-29

Cant wait for Donaire vs Rigo tomorrow!
Next week is Canelo vs Trout
And then Da sex vs Murray.
Plus all the MMA, the rest of this month is fucking stacked.

looking forward to seeing what happens in Judah/Garcia as well!

4/12/13 6:31 PM
Chris27

Tomorrow nights fight is great, cant wait.

Love the mma/boxing nights, next week we got FOx and Canelo as well.

Great month for mma and boxing.
4/12/13 6:51 PM
man meets fate

When is juddah/garcia?
4/12/13 6:56 PM
SubbedZER0

^^on the 27th

same night as Martinez and Khan!

Does anyone know if HBO plans on broadcasting both the Martinez and Areolla fight?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.