UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

4/24/13 8:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
882 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Russian promoter puts in $23.3M bid                                                                                                                                                                          http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9207679/eventual-wladimir-klitschko-alexander-povetkin-fight-fetches-233m-purse-bid

4/24/13 8:21 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/24/13 8:21 PM
Barry_BondsMVP - 

That, where did you get those numbers on Trout/Canelo?

4/24/13 8:24 PM
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/24/13 8:26 PM

About time Wlad vs Povetkin happened. Lol I remember when they created a new belt to accommodate Povetkin ducking.

4/24/13 8:30 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
882 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks That, yea lol, I'll be surprised if Povetkin takes the fight.

4/24/13 9:55 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

good to see you back hating bro lol...I stopped reading after you questioned him being a legend lol.

4/24/13 10:02 PM

TiliShkodrani - You guys can forget any possible Floyd/Canelo or even wilder Floyd/Pac fights. You really think Floyd has a master plan to make these his last two fights and retire a legend? Get real.

After Guerrero, he will keep taking fights with guys like Alexander, Garcia, Alvarado, etc.

Paper King.

So what were DLH, Mosley, Cotto, Marquez, and Hatton then?

4/24/13 10:03 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

Haye vs Fury being considered.

Say goodnight Fury.
The build up will be great!
4/24/13 11:02 PM

Edited: 04/24/13 11:04 PM
TiliShkodrani - The irony is, Floyd's dad was a better boxer then Floyd, but he was boxing at a time when there was SRL, Hears, Duran, Hagler, etc.

Sugar Ray Leonard would clean the welterweight division today with ease, and Canelo on top of that.

So why is Floyd so special? Because he's picked and chosen his way to being "undefeated?" Fuck outta here.

"The irony is, Floyd's dad was a better boxer then Floyd"

PFFFFF HHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA.

I'll let Nacho Beristain, who is a legend and has been around the game for 50+ years, take care of this one:

"I have seen so much (in boxing)" the 72 year old Beristain said. "I've trained so many world champions. In the Olympics, I've had two gold medal winners and two who won bronze medals. Many people do not know this but once I was asked to train the great Mike Tyson.

"It could not work out because of my (lack of) English," Beristain said. "My point is that, looking at this Mayweather, I would say that he is the fastest fighter in the whole, entire history of boxing.

"He is so (good) defensively in a fight, that he is like no person I have ever seen before. I would have to compare his status in boxing to that of Michael Jordan in basketball when it comes to speed, to athletic ability and to agility."

Floyd's an ATG, man. Sorry to disappoint you.

4/24/13 11:05 PM

Also, I like Pac more than Mayweather, but Pac also beat all those guys you mentioned AFTER Floyd beat them. Cotto is the exception, although he fought him at 147 as opposed to 154. 

Some people also claim that Cotto was damaged goods when he fought Pacquiao, but I think that's BS.

4/24/13 11:06 PM

Edited: 04/24/13 11:12 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - 

Haye vs Fury being considered.

Say goodnight Fury.
The build up will be great!

I doubt it'll actually happen. Fury's camp is posturing for an eventual Klitschko fight, and they can kiss that goodbye if Fury gets in there with Haye.

4/24/13 11:12 PM
diaz 125
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

floyds uncle was better than floyds dad
4/24/13 11:27 PM
chadk
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, I like Pac more than Mayweather, but Pac also beat all those guys you mentioned AFTER Floyd beat them. Cotto is the exception, although he fought him at 147 as opposed to 154. 

Some people also claim that Cotto was damaged goods when he fought Pacquiao, but I think that's BS.

Well, he was definitely "damaged goods" after the fight lol. Barry, I don't believe its Floyd's people stirring shit up. I'm here in Denver and have connections to both the boxing community and folks who live near Mike. Now, I do believe its possible that Mike's people are trying to leverage more money for him by creating rumors or it could be wishful thinking by supporters of his.

Like I said earlier, I think Alvarado and Rios just match up very well and will always have tough, compelling, entertaining and competitive fights against each other but I don't like their chances against the elite level fighters in and around their division. If I'm managing them, I stage a series of fights between them, like Gatti vs Ward or Rafael Marquez vs Israel Vasquez. All of these fights were fan friendly, brutal affairs and put a lot of money into everyone involved pockets. I understand either or both of them wanting to cash out big against a Manny, Marquez or Mayweather but I think they'd lose badly to them and lose marketability long term if they got clowned by any of these guys.
4/24/13 11:33 PM
chadk
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

diaz 125 - floyds uncle was better than floyds dad

Roger was a damned good fighter in his prime and Floyd actually stole some of his uncle's ideas. Roger fought a series of Mexican fighters at the Felt Forum in Los Angeles during the 80's and called himself the "Mexican Killer" or something like that and (here's where Floyd got the idea) would enter the ring wearing a sombrero and a Mexican blanket just to rile up the Mexican fans lol.
4/25/13 12:12 AM
PoundforPound
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Alvarado rumor sounds like bullshit.

He is a 140 pounder first of all, not a welterweight. And second he is a Top Rank fighter. Floyd and Golden Boy won't put a single cent in Bob Arum's pocket if they can help it.
4/25/13 12:36 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I highly doubt Alvarado is on Floyd's radar. Especially since TR is trying to secure him for Manny.

Tili, Shane and Cotto wanted nothing to do with Floyd when they were in their "primes". Oscar was the best fighter at JMW when they fought as well. 

Floyd and Manny are two different fighters, Manny is a seek and destroyer...Floyd systematically breaks you down, one is a shotgun, the other is a handgun. They'll both kill you, one just takes longer than the other.

4/25/13 1:01 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Chavez Jr. Says Vera Fight Being Pushed To July 13                                                                                                                                                Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=64796#ixzz2RRr9BA7x
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Salvador Rodriguez

According to former middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32KOs), his anticipated ring return is being moved from June 22 to July 13th, against Brian Vera (23-6, 14KOs) and most likely at the Mexico City Arena.

"It is virtually a change of three weeks that I feel is necessary to get better prepared and that's a good date," Chavez said. "The fight is against Brian Vera, who is a dangerous opponent and one of the two options we had. We hope to announce it soon."

Chavez notes the Vera fight will be held at a catch-weight above the middleweight limit, likely at 165-pounds. He says there is no problem getting down to the middleweight limit of 160-pounds.

4/25/13 1:52 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Episode 3 All Access: 

4/25/13 5:56 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/25/13 10:44 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/25/13 10:46 AM
You can almost cut the fake hatred with a knife.
4/25/13 2:16 PM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol 'Fight breaks out Danny Garcia pushed into table, table does not flip'

4/25/13 4:49 PM

Froch and Ward going at it on Twitter:

Andre S.O.G. Ward ‏@andreward 6h
@SkySportsBoxing Carl, why do you make so many excuses when things don’t go your way?? Answer please..

Carl Froch ‏@Carl_Froch 5h
@andreward @skysportsboxing You make me laugh Ward! What’s happened to your career!? So boring kid, you could put a glass eye to sleep.

Andre S.O.G. Ward ‏@andreward 5h
@Carl_Froch You have to come stronger than that bro! Only people who agree with you are your neighbors in Nottingham!! Get some rest “champ”

Carl Froch ‏@Carl_Froch 4h
@andreward 18 thousand seat stadium sold out in 3 hours and being shown on the best platform on PPV! Meanwhile you’re still too boring! Zzzz

Andre S.O.G. Ward ‏@andreward 4h
@Carl_Froch I’ll leave it for now “champ”. I know you have a big fight coming up…don’t want you to lose focus…that wouldn’t be good. Lol

Carl Froch ‏@Carl_Froch 4h
@andreward no problem big shot, I enjoy the banter but your question is “boring” reminds me of a style of fighting that fans can’t watch LOL

4/25/13 6:38 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

didn't read, but Froch would get schooled again.

4/25/13 6:56 PM
bennit
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Froch might get schooled again but Ward is very boring and loves to headbutt 'n' hold.

would rather watch Froch all day than Ward.

4/25/13 7:08 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Ward is a boxing master. He puts on a clinic, love watching him school guys.

4/25/13 7:10 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Garcia/Crawford Double in The Works For June 15th                                                                                                                                                Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=64823#ixzz2RWHCSsh1
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Miguel Rivera

Top Rank is working on an HBO televised doubleheader for June 15th, which is going to feature two of their up and coming stars. The main event is going to showcase WBO featherweight champion Mikey Garcia (31-0, 26KOs), who might defend his title against Puerto Rico's Orlando Cruz (20-2-1, 10KOs). The televised opener would feature undefeated junior welterweight Terence Crawford (20-0, 15KOs) against an opponent to be determined.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.