UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

4/25/13 7:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mayweather's special on CBS Saturday will be narrated by LL.

4/25/13 7:16 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JCC says fight with Vera will be pushed back to July.

Kessler says he'll quit if he loses to Froch.

4/25/13 7:30 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wanna see Garcia/Rigo

4/25/13 9:43 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

Ward is a boxing master. He puts on a clinic, love watching him school guys.

This. And that fight with Dawson was far from boring. Ward is #2 arguably #1 P4P Phone Post 3.0
4/26/13 1:01 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

I wanna see Garcia/Rigo

Yes.... Also

Salido vs Gonzalez.
4/26/13 1:12 AM
tbi0904
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Froch and Ward going at it on Twitter:

Andre S.O.G. Ward ‏@andreward 6h
@SkySportsBoxing Carl, why do you make so many excuses when things don’t go your way?? Answer please..

Carl Froch ‏@Carl_Froch 5h
@andreward @skysportsboxing You make me laugh Ward! What’s happened to your career!? So boring kid, you could put a glass eye to sleep.

Andre S.O.G. Ward ‏@andreward 5h
@Carl_Froch You have to come stronger than that bro! Only people who agree with you are your neighbors in Nottingham!! Get some rest “champ”

Carl Froch ‏@Carl_Froch 4h
@andreward 18 thousand seat stadium sold out in 3 hours and being shown on the best platform on PPV! Meanwhile you’re still too boring! Zzzz

Andre S.O.G. Ward ‏@andreward 4h
@Carl_Froch I’ll leave it for now “champ”. I know you have a big fight coming up…don’t want you to lose focus…that wouldn’t be good. Lol

@andreward no problem big shot, I enjoy the banter but your question is “boring” reminds me of a style of fighting that fans can’t watch LOL

What prompted this? Ward took Froch to school the first time around and nothing would change if they fought again. Ward #2 pfp all day...
4/26/13 1:44 AM
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sky Sports was replaying Froch/Kessler, and so Ward used it as an opportunity to chirp Carl.

4/26/13 4:01 PM

Broner and Malignaggi going at it. I still have no idea why this fight is happening. Entertaining shit-talking though.

4/26/13 5:24 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man I live boxing, but these fake fueds are just cringe worthy.
I long for the days of real bad blood like Eubanks vs Benn and Tapia vs Romero.
4/26/13 9:00 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

That, it's really not a bad fight when you break things down...9 of the top 10 JWW's have fights coming up, or just recently fought, Paulie is a recongnized fighter and has a title at WW, it makes sense for Broner imo. Not the best fight obviously, but the best available.

4/26/13 10:06 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tbi0904 - 

Froch and Ward going at it on Twitter:

Andre S.O.G. Ward ‏@andreward 6h
@SkySportsBoxing Carl, why do you make so many excuses when things don’t go your way?? Answer please..

Carl Froch ‏@Carl_Froch 5h
@andreward @skysportsboxing You make me laugh Ward! What’s happened to your career!? So boring kid, you could put a glass eye to sleep.

Andre S.O.G. Ward ‏@andreward 5h
@Carl_Froch You have to come stronger than that bro! Only people who agree with you are your neighbors in Nottingham!! Get some rest “champ”

@andreward 18 thousand seat stadium sold out in 3 hours and being shown on the best platform on PPV! Meanwhile you’re still too boring! Zzzz

Andre S.O.G. Ward ‏@andreward 4h
@Carl_Froch I’ll leave it for now “champ”. I know you have a big fight coming up…don’t want you to lose focus…that wouldn’t be good. Lol

@andreward no problem big shot, I enjoy the banter but your question is “boring” reminds me of a style of fighting that fans can’t watch LOL

What prompted this? Ward took Froch to school the first time around and nothing would change if they fought again. Ward #2 pfp all day...

Id say cause theres no other real interesting fights out there for Ward at moment, other then Middleweights.

This is how fights are promoted now. Is what it is i guess
4/26/13 10:11 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyway who gives a shit about all the build up, i try not to follow it all personally.

Sick weekend of fights

Wilder/Harrison Khan/Diaz In England on Showtime
Garcia/Judah Quillin/Guerrero In Brooklyn on Showtime

Arreola/Stiverne in Cali on HBO
Martinez/Murray in Argentina on HBO

Boxing showing it is one of the true worldwide sports. Big fights on 3 continents in one night
4/27/13 12:15 AM
PoundforPound
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

40,000 expected in Argentina for the Sergio Martinez fight. But boxing is dying?
4/27/13 12:21 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

your the man Henry, thanks for the schedule

P4P, that's going to be sick, amazing how these guys can sell out in the countries.

4/27/13 12:29 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Good to see Rigondeaux getting some love.

4/27/13 12:31 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Anthony Dirrell, Antonio Orozco Return on 5/3 in Vegas                                                                                                                                            Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=64866#ixzz2RdQVZhDs
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

LAS VEGAS - With Las Vegas sure to be buzzing during a weekend of legendary boxing and the start of the Cinco de Mayo celebration, fans at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas will get warmed up on Friday, May 3 as Golden Boy Promotions and Mayweather Promotions are pleased to announce the addition of undefeated contender Anthony Dirrell and rising star Antonio Orozco in separate featured fights to an already stacked card that will air over the course of three hours on FOX Sports Networks and FOX Deportes.  Complementing a thrilling night of boxing, all event guests will have access to a new, socially dynamic nightlife experience curated by a live DJ, dancers, strolling mariachis and an interactive gaming pit.

In the co-main event, scheduled for eight rounds in the super middleweight division, Flint, Michigan’s Dirrell battles an opponent to be named, while in a featured attraction, San Diego’s undefeated top prospect Orozco will meet fellow junior welterweight Jose Reynoso of Riverside in an eight-round All-California showdown.

4/27/13 12:51 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I've always respected any style of fighting, being here at the Gym for over a year now. My respect for guys like Ward have gone through the roof, it's really incredible to watch what he does at such a high level.

4/27/13 12:55 AM

The amazing part about Ward is that he's not an elite athlete, per se. He doesn't have elite speed, power, or reflexes, and yet despite all that, he is in my opinion the #1 P4P fighter in the world.

4/27/13 12:57 AM

FWIW, I don't find Ward boring at all

4/27/13 1:04 AM

Picks for this weekend?

I've got:

Martinez via stoppage

Judah via decision

Khan via stoppage

Jones via submission

Anyone else feeling Judah? I think he's a bad stylistic matchup for Garcia.

4/27/13 1:13 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 04/27/13 1:13 AM

Martinez via Decision

Arreola via TKO

Kid Chocolate via Decision

Khan via TKO

Wilder via KO

Jones via TKO

torn on Judah/Garcia, pretty much like every other Judah fight, depends on how the fight is going after 5, half way through we'll know if Judah is done, or can pull off the upset.

4/27/13 1:18 AM

Lol, Barry one-upping me. Forgot those other dudes were fighting. Can't really make educated predictions on Cris or Wilder as I'm not familiar with their opponents.

I do like Quillin's chances though.

4/27/13 1:21 AM

One thing about Zab is that for all his flaws, he's not really showing any significant signs of decline (IMO). Mayweather has aged much more dramatically than Zab, which is pretty surprising tbh.

Zab's quick enough to give Garcia a lot of problems. If he can execute a gameplan similar to how Khan fought Garcia in rounds 1 and 2, he should be able to win a decision.

4/27/13 1:42 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Zab has the skills, to bad he doesn't have heart.

4/27/13 2:28 AM
PoundforPound
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Zab has an outside chance at the upset.

How good is Danny Garcia really? He beat a way past his prime Erik Morales and was losing handily to Khan until he caught him with a great shot. The jury is still out on him IMO.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.