UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

11/20/12 11:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
StruggleSnuggles
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sad day for the sport Phone Post
11/20/12 11:05 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=59581#ixzz2CpJR51P9 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article. By Rey Colon As reported earlier on BoxingScene.com, former champion Hector Camacho was shot in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. The boxer, who was seated as a passenger in a Ford Mustang, was shot several times by an unknown individual. Camacho's companion who was driving, Yamil Alberto Mojica, died at the scene from gunshot wounds. Camacho was taken to local medical facility and is listed in critical condition. According to Dr. Ernesto Torres, a bullet hit Camacho in the face and struck a bone in his jaw and the bullet was diverted to the cervical spine - injuring his C5 and C6. Torres says Camacho will likely have issues walking for the rest of his life. Another bullet is stuck in Camacho's right shoulder. More information has become available. A vehicle was parked and blocked off the car which Camacho occupied. An individual shot and killed Mojica, who had left the car - likely to ask the the driver of the vehicle in front of them to move. Then the indvidual opened fire on Camacho, who was seated in the car. One of the alleged attackers has been caught by police.
11/21/12 12:50 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

someone I talk Boxing with on FB, his dad use to spar with Hector, and was told he'll be okay, but may never walk again...beats being dead.

11/21/12 11:01 AM
RicoVelasquez
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adding to the complications, Camacho suffered a heart attack at about 4:15am this morning and doctors called his brain activity “rather low.”

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/hector-camacho-update-150357 Phone Post
11/21/12 11:15 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man what a mess.

Hey Mr. Bonds can you edit the tread title of this to "general boxing thread" or something?
We already 18 pages deep!
11/21/12 2:34 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea that's too bad, in a deep coma, and his mom might pull the plug.

how do I change the thread title?

11/21/12 3:28 PM
endochokedme
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man that is sad to hear about Camacho. my prayers go out to him and his family

the Pac-Marquez 24/7 was well done as always. I always root for Marquez and I was not that excited for this fight, but after the first 24/7 episode I am hooked again
11/21/12 3:58 PM
kostello
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adrien Broner is a beast.

Dude never looked worried.

Props to BarryBonds for keeping the "other" combat sport on our radar. Most people watch both anyway.

11/21/12 5:39 PM
OmgItsTheWams
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kostello - Adrien Broner is a beast.

Props to BarryBonds for keeping the "other" combat sport on our radar. Most people watch both anyway.

I don't think so most MMA fans look down on boxing besides the big fights which is really sad its an amazing sport Phone Post
11/21/12 6:10 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=59584#ixzz2CtxkvyI4 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article. By Ryan Burton BoxingScene.com has been advised by sources close to the situation that former two division champion Juan Manuel Lopez's team has turned down a potential fight against undefeated super featherweight prospect Diego Magdaleno (23-0 9 KO's). The fight card is going to take place at The Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York on January 19th. The HBO tripleheader is being promoted by both K2 Promotions and Top Rank. WBO featherweight champion Orlando Salido will face Mikey Garcia on the telecast along with the return of WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (24-0) against an opponent to be determined. Lopez was originally going to face former super bantamweight champion Wilfredo "WV2" Vaquez but the fight fell apart when both sides could not agree on the catch-weight. According to our sources Lopez is looking for a bigger fight in his first fight since his suspension following his March 10th defeat to Orlando Salido. Diego Magdaleno returns on December 7th at the Texas Station Gambling Hall in Las Vegas, NV.
11/21/12 6:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-gamboa-dirrell-floyd-sr-hit-50s-new-gym--59610
11/21/12 6:14 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

At least 10 baggies of cocaine were found at the scene where Hector "Macho" Camacho was shot last night ... this according to officials in Puerto Rico. Cops say ... Camacho's friend, who was driving the car, was in possession of 9 baggies of coke ... and a 10th baggie was found inside the vehicle. Cops say the 10th baggie was open when they found it. As we previously reported, Camacho and his friend Adrian Mojica Moreno were hit in a drive-by shooting while sitting inside of a parked car. Moreno died at the scene ... and Camacho -- who was hit multiple times in the face and neck -- was rushed to a nearby hospital where he went into cardiac arrest. Camacho is reportedly brain dead ... and doctors have said he will need a miracle to survive.
11/21/12 6:15 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=59604#ixzz2Ctz74gUm This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article. by Ronnie Nathanielsz Top Rank promoter Bob Arum was obviously pleased after watching Manny Pacquiao's sparring session at the Wild Card Gym on Tuesday in Los Angeles. Arum told the BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard that Pacquiao "looked very good today": compared to the last time Arum was there and Pacquiao appeared to be off in his timing. But this time it was a different story according to Arum who said "he was quick and much more aggressive and was moving well and throwing more punches." In a conference call with US and international media, Pacquiao said "training camp has been going great. I have really been training hard for this fight. Asked whether he planned on going for a knockout Pacquiao replied "right now my mind is focused on being more aggressive for this fight. If there is a chance in the ring during the fight, why Not make the fight easy (knock him out" if I have the opportunity?" Trainer Freddie Roach admitted that they have "a tough fight ahead of us. We know that Marquez is a great counter-puncher. We are working on things to defeat that counter-puncher style." The celebrated Hall-of-Famer said "Manny is looking great in training. I like what I see. He is where I want him to be right now. His focus is where it has not been for some time. He is very focused for this fight and I think its going to be the best fight yet." There have been reports that Marquez under strength and conditioning coach Angel Heredia has introduced some new things in training including swimming, working on the track and plyometrics and has bulked up. However, this doesn't bother Pacquiao or Roach. Pacquiao made it clear that the strategy for the fight "is to be more aggressive. Develop strength more and focus on speed" even as he added "I am not worried about his (Marquez) strength." Roach downplayed the build up of Marquez, physically. He said "I don't think it's a factor. I don't think muscle-men have a better chin. If anything, I think if you put a lot of muscle he will be a little slower than he used to be and we are going to take advantage of that."
11/21/12 6:46 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where there's coke, there's fire Phone Post
11/21/12 10:20 PM
DARTHHOGAN
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeff Mayweather talks Adrien Broner, Floyd's return to boxing,Guerrero vs. Berto
11/21/12 10:56 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was about to get on HBOgo and what do I see on the homepage. Hilarious photo that sums up the fight from DeMarco's point of view offensively and Broner defensively 

11/22/12 2:21 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

pretty much a rap for Camacho, declared brain dead.

11/23/12 12:58 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I like this fight, fan of Framptons 

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=59644#ixzz2D1StFjrs This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article. By Per Ake Persson Maravilla Box Management will now stage Kiko Martinez´s defense of the EBU super bantamweight title against mandatory challenger Carl Frampton, 15-0, on January 26 in Spain with exact site to be announced. MBM won the purse bids for the fight October 1 although it was first scheduled for September in Northern Ireland but Martinez, 27-3, pulled out due to an injury. Frampton fought Steve Molitor instead and won. Mandatory challenger was then Alexander Bakhtin but he pulled out and Frampton got that spot and now Martinez vs Frampton is finally on again. And yes, Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez is the boss of Maravilla Box Management.
11/23/12 6:33 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Hatton-Senchenko Weigh Ins

11/23/12 6:35 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Berto-Guerrero Weigh Ins

11/23/12 6:41 PM
Chris27

OmgItsTheWams - 

I don't think so most MMA fans look down on boxing besides the big fights which is really sad its an amazing sport Phone Post

I dont think thats true at all, honestly I think its boxing fans that look down on mma not mma fans looking down on boxing.

I think alot of mma fans love boxing, alot of boxing fans dont enjoy mma.

You see boxing talked about on mma forums, sites like Bloodyelbow talk about boxing, cover boxing. Do you see boxing sites covering mma events?
11/23/12 6:42 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I've only seen one Boxing site that does consistantly, fighthype.

11/23/12 7:18 PM
HenryO

Chris27 - 
OmgItsTheWams - 

I dont think thats true at all, honestly I think its boxing fans that look down on mma not mma fans looking down on boxing.

I think alot of mma fans love boxing, alot of boxing fans dont enjoy mma.

You see boxing talked about on mma forums, sites like Bloodyelbow talk about boxing, cover boxing. Do you see boxing sites covering mma events?

I think most MMA fans like boxing but really find it difficult to follow, which it is. You really have to have an HBO or Showtime subcription to seriously follow boxing and then stream the Euro events to keep yourself in the loop
11/24/12 12:19 AM
Chris27

You dont have to have any of those networks. I have HBO but I dont have Showtime and yet I never miss boxing or SF on Showtime.
11/24/12 12:49 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Hatton live at 5est/2pst...can someone that has Showtime check for me if it's live...or do they plan on airing the replay?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.