UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

4/28/13 8:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
895 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I'm Floyd, I'd take Sergio up on his request to fight at JMW...I know the haters will say Martinez is "drained", etc etc.

4/28/13 8:48 PM
chadk
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

If I'm Floyd, I'd take Sergio up on his request to fight at JMW...I know the haters will say Martinez is "drained", etc etc.

I wouldn't say he's "drained" I'd say he's old and shot. I think Martinez could make 154lbs without draining himself. Hell, if I'm anyone between 154 - 160 I'm trying to get this fight. He's ripe for the taking. Maybe he's finally looking shakey enough for Floyd to consider it. Still a dangerous fight for Floyd though given the size and power difference. Plus, Floyd is noticeably slowing too. Don't think Guerrero is the one to upset him but he'd be wise to walk away soon if his unbeaten record is his main focus.
4/28/13 8:58 PM
iBetYouQueersWontVoteMeDown
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CMX - Murray got robbed by the ref and the judges Phone Post
No, but the scoring should have been closer yet he let the last few rounds get away from him. Very entertaining fight which was unexpected considering Sergio hand picked him. Phone Post
4/28/13 9:00 PM
iBetYouQueersWontVoteMeDown
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

Totally agree and I bet he does this. He fought Oscar on his decline and it makes sense he'd take the Martinez fight early next year. Phone Post
4/28/13 9:24 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
895 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea, Martinez size would still be an issue, but it's been years since Sergio has fought at JMW...I know the intelligent fight fans wont use the "weight drain" excuse, but you'll still hear it from the casuals lol. I feel because of their styles, Sergio will lose before Floyd does.

4/28/13 9:29 PM
chadk
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell, Sergio's been dropped in what?... 4 of his last 5 bouts? He's ready to be taken.
4/28/13 9:38 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I agree with that Chad.

4/28/13 9:46 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

BTW Subb, did I or we miss the rescoring fight this past Wed?

4/28/13 11:22 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - Hell, Sergio's been dropped in what?... 4 of his last 5 bouts? He's ready to be taken.

Yea but how many times has he been really HURT? JCC JR???
His style lends to off balance shots dropping him.
People are overacting to yesterdays fight. He is coming off an ACL tear, fighting in front of his home crowd, against an underrated fighter.
4/28/13 11:24 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ramit upper - Great performance from Murray.

He did put on a good showing. Hope he gets another high profile fight soon.
4/29/13 12:03 AM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Sunday was not a strong showing considering I f'ed up the times.

I'm not sure what kind of interest there is

4/29/13 12:13 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

we were suppose to do Haglar/Leonard this past Wed right? We'll just do it this Wed.

4/29/13 12:13 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Sunday was not a strong showing considering I f'ed up the times.

I'm not sure what kind of interest there is

Barry said we weren't doing them Sunday. Phone Post 3.0
4/29/13 12:21 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

people might be confused. Every Wednesday we are doing the controversial fights..and rescoring them/breaking them down as a group. And just for fun, some other day during the week, we'll show past or present fights we haven't seen or want to rewatch. Some people may have never seen Henry Armstrong fight, so that's the point of that.

Subb thought maybe Sunday's would be good.

4/29/13 2:01 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Quillin says GGG fight is too risky.

4/29/13 2:04 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mayweather CBS Special Draws 1.73 Million Viewers
4/29/13 2:05 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - Mayweather CBS Special Draws 1.73 Million Viewers
How was that, I haven't watched Phone Post 3.0
4/29/13 2:07 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Blap feels Showtime is producing better fights than HBO right now.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=64958#ixzz2RpVXtwqG
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Edward Chaykovsky

Dana White, President of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), made some very surprising comments regarding the boxing battle between network giants HBO and Showtime.

In 2012, White had a bad falling out with Showtime over their business relationship connected to UFC's Strikeforce brand.

During the post-fight press conference to UFC's pay-per-view event on Saturday night, White discussed the split with Showtime and now believes the network moved away from MMA in order to place those budgetary funds into boxing.

Not long after Showtime completely backed away from Mixed Martial Arts, they closed an exclusive multi-year deal with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Because of the past friction between White and Showtime, it was certainly surprising to hear him praise the network.

For the moment, White believes Showtime is producing the better boxing product on their network. He caught portions of both televised shows on Saturday night and felt the Showtime broadcast was superior.

"I'm not the biggest Showtime fan on Earth, but I'll tell you what - Showtime blew HBO out of the water tonight," White stated when speaking with Bleacher Report. "With the presentation and all the things that they did, I never thought I'd see the day where I would say Showtime is actually looking better than HBO. It's crazy."

"I think they didn't want to be in business with us. Now that I look at it and see what they're doing - their plan was to take over boxing. Their plan was to get everybody that they could get away from HBO into Showtime and they're kicking HBO's ass right now."

4/29/13 2:08 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Barry_BondsMVP - Mayweather CBS Special Draws 1.73 Million Viewers
How was that, I haven't watched Phone Post 3.0

wasn't bad, interviewed some of Floyd's family, talked to people like Kobe and Magic etc.

4/29/13 2:10 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Huck vs Afolabi III on June 8th

4/29/13 2:12 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's pretty undeniable that SHO is making the better fights right now. I still prefer HBO's broadcast team and just general production.  

Do you guys prefer All Access or 24/7? I thought the first episode of All Access sucked, but they really hit their stride in the second and particularly their third episode.

4/29/13 2:17 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I like Liev narrating on 24/7 better, it really depends on who's the fighters, because they make the show. If this was on HBO, it would still be Floyd selling the fight on 24/7.

I love HBO because of the big time fight feel, and their production has gotten better. But Showtime has the better commentators. Al Bernstein is the man, and I really like Mauro as well. 

It's going to be odd seeing Floyd on Showtime PPV this Saturday lol.

4/29/13 2:24 AM
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hoooly fuck is that Liev Schreiber that narrates 24/7?!? The voice always sounded so familiar, but I never realized who it was lol.

I find it crazy that Mauro has been so well received in the boxing community. I thought they'd find him too cheesy.

4/29/13 2:30 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol yea, Liev is a beast on 24/7 haha.

Mauro was great in Pride, but doing Strikeforce things changed, don't know if it was working with Frank and Pat made him crazier..but he's calmed down a lot now.

4/29/13 2:32 AM

"INCENDIARY SPARKS FOR WHAT SHOULD BE A COMBUSTIBLE MAIN EVENT"

I hope there's no more of that shit.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.