UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

4/29/13 2:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
898 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hahahaa..he's probably going to get a little crazy come Saturday, biggest PPV he's called in Boxing.

4/29/13 7:03 AM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

hahahaa..he's probably going to get a little crazy come Saturday, biggest PPV he's called in Boxing.

Got zero problems here if he doesn't cough it up right before the opening bell

I used to FURIOUSLY hate when Larry Merchant would come in with a god awful one liner right before the bell rang. He almost slayed Pacquiao v Marquez 4 for me

"is too much of a good thing....a good thing?"

STFU LARRY!!!

4/29/13 12:15 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/29/13 12:16 PM
SubbedZER0 - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Got zero problems here if he doesn't cough it up right before the opening bell

I used to FURIOUSLY hate when Larry Merchant would come in with a god awful one liner right before the bell rang. He almost slayed Pacquiao v Marquez 4 for me

"is too much of a good thing....a good thing?"

STFU LARRY!!!

Lolol, I've always noticed the same thing. He's always trying to be so poetic and profound.

I also hate when he has a former fighter on the commentary team (like Foreman or RJJ) and he'll just start disagreeing with them about everything.

There's that classic clip from Pac/Morales 1 where RJJ just goes off on Larry after Larry disagrees with him.

4/29/13 5:16 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
898 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol Foreman and Larry got into it quite a bit.

4/29/13 6:30 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Lucas Browne busted up Toney pretty good, gave him 30 stitches in his mouth.

4/29/13 6:32 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol Paulie and Broner have been going back and forth, talking shit. Called him the purse man.

4/29/13 6:35 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Martinez Had Lingering Knee Issues, DiBella Confirms                                                                                                                                               Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=64981#ixzz2RtWPIWbp
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

by David P. Greisman

Sergio Martinez was indeed still hobbled by a past knee injury going into his April 27 defense of his middleweight championship against Martin Murray, according to Martinez’s promoter, Lou DiBella, who confirmed the lingering issues in an interview with Dan Rafael of ESPN.com.

While Martinez won Saturday by unanimous decision, he was given a tough fight by Murray and often looked less mobile than he usually appears in the ring. Martinez suffered torn ligaments in his right knee during his win over Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. last September and had surgery in November, just five and a half months before the Murray fight.

“He was never fully recovered from the knee surgery,” DiBella told Rafael. “The knee was OK early in the training camp, but it wasn’t perfect. But with three weeks left in camp, it got much worse. He probably would have postponed the fight if it was in a normal arena [instead of in front of tens of thousands at a soccer stadium in his native Argentina]. He was damaged goods going in against Murray.”

DiBella also gave credit to the performance of Murray, who suffered his first pro loss and is now 25-1-1 with 11 knockouts.

Martinez improved to 51-2-2 with 28 knockouts. DiBella tweeted shortly after Saturday’s fight that Martinez — who also broke his left hand against Murray in what the promoter told Rafael was a different spot than the fracture he suffered against Chavez — will likely not fight again for the remainder of this year.

4/29/13 6:38 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Garcia says he's having issues making weight, wants one more fight then a move to WW.

Khan still eyeing a WW jump (lol).

4/29/13 8:20 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/29/13 8:24 PM

@thatkick and barry

see Bernard and Larry's famous post fight moment (Bernard's holding his son btw)

Larry - "Well Bernard it seems tonight you got paid for not doing much....Jim?"

Bernard - "Larry let me tell you something you get paid everytime you step behind the microphone for not doing much"

**I have a thread with videos of the funniest moments in boxing, will link it for you in a min. John Ruiz trainer is absolutely histerical in it.

*edit*http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=2150065&page=1

4/29/13 9:21 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol, Benard has some of the best post fight speeches, he tries to hard so sound intelligent lol.

I love me some Norman Stone lol, he was awesome.

4/29/13 11:12 PM
chadk
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A year off = Sergio Martinez should just retire. His reflexes are getting slower and slower and his lack of boxing fundamentals is costing him in every fight now. He's tough, gutty and can crack but he's getting touched more and more because he's unable to evade punches like he used to. Hang em up champ. Please. I've got a soft spot for Argentine fighters as my father's family is from there. Would hate to see him taking unnecessary beatings.
4/30/13 2:22 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Hopkins vs Murat Set

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9226469/bernard-hopkins-karo-murat-fight-set-july-13-brooklyn
4/30/13 2:41 AM
Tebow Worships Satan
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

Hopkins vs Murat Set

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9226469/bernard-hopkins-karo-murat-fight-set-july-13-brooklyn
Hopkins vs who? Lol Phone Post
4/30/13 2:43 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Murat the Armo lol. Just a mandatory.

4/30/13 8:51 AM
chadk
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, question for you all. Will Floyd Sr's presence in the corner affect little Floyd at all?
4/30/13 9:03 AM
buddie
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - So, question for you all. Will Floyd Sr's presence in the corner affect little Floyd at all?

Nah, he seemed to do just fine when his pops was in his corner back in the day. They are both as dysfunctional as they come, but they have this boxing thing down to a sweet science. Pure business when its fight time.
4/30/13 9:57 AM
mattystorm1987
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Lucas Browne busted up Toney pretty good, gave him 30 stitches in his mouth.

yeah I thought lucas would of done that to Daniel cormier in there fight.. but I guess that's y lucas left mma, no ground game.. do u have a video for this fight???
4/30/13 11:01 AM
chadk

So, JMM agreed to VADA testing for his bout with Bradley. Will be very interested in seeing how he looks compared to his last bout with Manny. Just saying. Phone Post
4/30/13 12:36 PM
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - So, question for you all. Will Floyd Sr's presence in the corner affect little Floyd at all?

At 36, Floyd isn't gonna change. Plus, he's as smart as they come in the ring. I doubt the change will make any difference.

4/30/13 12:36 PM

chadk -  So, JMM agreed to VADA testing for his bout with Bradley. Will be very interested in seeing how he looks compared to his last bout with Manny. Just saying. Phone Post

Agreed.

4/30/13 3:04 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/30/13 3:03 PM
I would nothing more than for Matthysse to smash Garcia and GGG to obliterate Quillan.
4/30/13 3:38 PM
SubbedZER0

i'm going to go out of context and say it does affect Floyd, in a positive way.

there's a myth out there that Floyd has a tough time early with southpaws. People will bring up Corley, Judah, Ortiz, etc. I don't want to go as far as saying southpaws are trouble for Mayweather, because he's made any adjustment if nescessary in every case. I just think Floyd will be able to hit his groove alot faster this time around with a combination of Roger and Floyd Sr. there.

His pops was always shouting instructions close by in the crowd, more noticable in recent fights. Sometimes it was commented by Lampley that Jr would have someone check on what Sr. was saying and report in to the corner (sorta like Roy Jones and Derrick Gainer). If that's all true he doesn't have to worry about that anymore, and whatever advice that was coming in (if it was different than Roger's) is already right in front of him.

4/30/13 9:47 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Floyd is at the point of his career where he doesn't really need corner instructions. I'm sure his dad and uncle will give him a few pointers leading up to the fight...but he usually makes the adjustments on the fly.

JMM wanted testing for the the fourth Pac fight, but they turned it down.

4/30/13 9:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

here's the Toney fight.

5/1/13 12:48 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mayweather is going full heel, you know the fight is right around the corner.                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65027#ixzz2S0sn88gq
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

by Rick Reeno

In an earlier story on BoxingScene.com, WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs) explained his reasons for believing that Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (31-1-1, 18KOs) is a hypocrite. Mayweather does not believe Guerrero is following the religious image that he portrays on the cameras. Guerrero found himself in a bit of trouble a few weeks ago, when he was arrested for possession of a firearm at a New York City airport.

“If you go back and look at what I said. Look at what I said and then you will know [why I believe Guerrero is a hypocrite]. First you got the guy driving on people’s lawns with his truck, going crazy and doing doughnuts on people’s lawns. Then he’s going on the 700 Club and talking to kids, but then he’s carrying a gun. If God got your back, then why are you carrying a gun? I was telling a friend of mine about that the other day. My friend Shawn, and I was saying the same thing – if God got your back then why are you even carrying a gun,” Mayweather said.

“I feel bad for what his wife went through. I feel bad for her. That’s not a good thing at all. I don’t think that anybody should have to go through anything like that. But every week he wants sympathy for that, but on the other hand he said God got his back but he’s got Marylyn Monroe pictures all up on his walls in his house. These are things that I just don’t understand.”

Guerrero said Mayweather needed to brush up on his knowledge of the bible.

"That just makes me laugh. It makes me laugh because it shows me how much he knows about the bible. We are all hypocrites here. We're all sinners. That’s the way it is. There was only one person who was perfect in this world and that was Jesus Christ - and nobody else. So we’re all hypocrites, we all make mistakes, we're only human. For him to say that, 'you're a hypocrite' - it makes me laugh. He’s so worried about his image and about my image - he's saying 'Guerrero is a hypocrite, he's getting sympathy off his wife ' and this and that. It makes me laugh," Guerrero said.

"It just shows where his head is at. I don't know if he’s trying to paint a picture for everybody that he’s a great guy or he’s feeling guilty about something and he’s trying to bag on me about Marilyn Monroe pictures. It's a laughable."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.