UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

4/30/13 9:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

here's the Toney fight.

5/1/13 12:48 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mayweather is going full heel, you know the fight is right around the corner.                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65027#ixzz2S0sn88gq
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

by Rick Reeno

In an earlier story on BoxingScene.com, WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs) explained his reasons for believing that Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (31-1-1, 18KOs) is a hypocrite. Mayweather does not believe Guerrero is following the religious image that he portrays on the cameras. Guerrero found himself in a bit of trouble a few weeks ago, when he was arrested for possession of a firearm at a New York City airport.

“If you go back and look at what I said. Look at what I said and then you will know [why I believe Guerrero is a hypocrite]. First you got the guy driving on people’s lawns with his truck, going crazy and doing doughnuts on people’s lawns. Then he’s going on the 700 Club and talking to kids, but then he’s carrying a gun. If God got your back, then why are you carrying a gun? I was telling a friend of mine about that the other day. My friend Shawn, and I was saying the same thing – if God got your back then why are you even carrying a gun,” Mayweather said.

“I feel bad for what his wife went through. I feel bad for her. That’s not a good thing at all. I don’t think that anybody should have to go through anything like that. But every week he wants sympathy for that, but on the other hand he said God got his back but he’s got Marylyn Monroe pictures all up on his walls in his house. These are things that I just don’t understand.”

Guerrero said Mayweather needed to brush up on his knowledge of the bible.

"That just makes me laugh. It makes me laugh because it shows me how much he knows about the bible. We are all hypocrites here. We're all sinners. That’s the way it is. There was only one person who was perfect in this world and that was Jesus Christ - and nobody else. So we’re all hypocrites, we all make mistakes, we're only human. For him to say that, 'you're a hypocrite' - it makes me laugh. He’s so worried about his image and about my image - he's saying 'Guerrero is a hypocrite, he's getting sympathy off his wife ' and this and that. It makes me laugh," Guerrero said.

"It just shows where his head is at. I don't know if he’s trying to paint a picture for everybody that he’s a great guy or he’s feeling guilty about something and he’s trying to bag on me about Marilyn Monroe pictures. It's a laughable."

5/1/13 12:51 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mayweather Explains How He Stays on Weight, No Diet                                                                                                                                           Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65013#ixzz2S0tZcWAv
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Miguel Rivera

WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs) has managed to stay at 148-pounds for the last month, as he preapres for Saturday's fight with Robert "The Ghost' Guerrero (31-1-1, 18KOs) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Mayweather says he made a career decision a few years ago to start fighting at his walking weight, which is around 150-pounds. Because of his great metabolism and the countless hours of work that he generates in the gym, Mayweather is able to eat just about anything without worrying about weight gain.

"At one time I realized that I have the skills and the sharp mind to still beat these guys [at the higher weights]. So why would I hurt myself just to get down in weight and then go up another 20-pounds [overnight] or blow up another 30-pounds. I've been able to handle big guys my whole life. Like I said before, I don't really feel like [making weight will be a problem in my career]. I'm able to eat four times a day, five times a day. My metabolism burns it right off," Mayweather said.

"Like today, I can go eat pizza and I can go eat Big Macs but what you have to realize is that I work harder than any other fighter. When we're at the boxing gym, we don't have a bell. You don't hear a bell. When we box and we spar, we try to get the toughest competition, the roughest competition."

5/1/13 12:52 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Khan is eyeing an Alexander showdown.

5/1/13 12:55 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Martinez Admits Road Back Will Be Tough                                                                                                                                                                Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=64989#ixzz2S0uYvdW2

By Jhonny Gonzalez

WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (51-2-2, 28KOs) admits the road to recovery will be tough. This past Saturday night he won a close decision over British contender Martin Murray, but came away with several injuries that are likely going to keep him out of the ring until next year. Martinez fractured his left hand and also damaged his surgically repaired right knee.

The 38-year-old boxer does not believe the recent developments are an indication that his career is coming to a close.

Martinez stated: - “An injury is always hard to overcome but I don’t think this means the end of my career. I will have to work very hard to recover. I walked away as the champion with one hand. I would give life to see all of my Argentineans happy.”

5/1/13 3:07 AM
PoundforPound
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Floyd is at the point of his career where he doesn't really need corner instructions. I'm sure his dad and uncle will give him a few pointers leading up to the fight...but he usually makes the adjustments on the fly.

JMM wanted testing for the the fourth Pac fight, but they turned it down.

It's crazy how JMM (and Memo Heredia) will end up doing random drug tests while Pacquiao still to this day hasn't done them. LOL
5/1/13 3:32 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea I don't get it lol, most of these guys are doing the extra testing, but Manny is too "special" lol.

5/1/13 5:50 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/1/13 5:53 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/1/13 1:35 PM
SubbedZER0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't lie here. Lost alot of respect for Ellerbe right there. WTF are you doing? Kids up on stage by himself, he's got about 4 people barking at him and Ellerbe is in his face right after Love. That fucked up my Mayweather fandom :((

5/1/13 2:34 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Khan is eyeing an Alexander showdown.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
5/1/13 2:35 PM
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TiliShkodrani - Martinez looked bad in his last fight, I had him losing by 1. His style is just weird, looks cocky, he's gotta start keeping his damn hands up. Definitely didn't look like he did against Chavez Jr. but even in that fight he got caught.

Canelo would KO him.

That would be because he is coming off an ACL tear and it as not fully healed for the fight.
He aslo broke his hand early in the fight.
5/1/13 2:39 PM

TiliShkodrani - Martinez looked bad in his last fight, I had him losing by 1. His style is just weird, looks cocky, he's gotta start keeping his damn hands up. Definitely didn't look like he did against Chavez Jr. but even in that fight he got caught.

Canelo would KO him.

Ow please, who has Canelo ever KO'd worth a shit? I'll tell you, no one even close to as good as Martinez.
I love how when a top fighter (like Martinez) has a lack luter win everyone and the Mother comes on the forums talking about how he is going to get KO'd by so and so.
5/1/13 2:41 PM

I'm Looking forward to PDL vs Mares. I always liked PDL, plus he was the only man not to be obliterated by Broner. In fact, he did quite well.
5/1/13 5:47 PM
xsrg95
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mayweather vs. Guerrero - Final Press Conference b4 fight

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXTJYCxYLpU&feature=g-subs-u

5/1/13 7:16 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks Xsrg, lol at Ruben Guerrero, his tirade starts at 23:50.

5/1/13 7:16 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - I'm Looking forward to PDL vs Mares. I always liked PDL, plus he was the only man not to be obliterated by Broner. In fact, he did quite well.

should be a good one, can't see Mares losing, interesting both are under my buddies promotion.

5/1/13 8:35 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm someone who really, really likes Freddie Roach, but he went full retard here.

5/1/13 8:48 PM
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Barry, your buddy was in the 3rd episode of All Access. Just saw it now.

5/1/13 9:34 PM

Edited: 05/01/13 9:36 PM
Man, I'm counting down the days till Mattyhsse vs Peterson. So pumped for that fight.
5/1/13 9:38 PM

Ow shit just realized Bute vs Pascal and Froch vs Kessler 2 is this month as well!
I'm soooo happpy.
5/1/13 9:52 PM
Tebow Worships Satan
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - Ow shit just realized Bute vs Pascal and Froch vs Kessler 2 is this month as well!
I'm soooo happpy.

So far this competition with Showtime and HBO has proven to be great for boxing fans.
5/1/13 11:04 PM
chadk
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/01/13 11:04 PM
Story about Floyd's ex coming out to tell her side of the incident that got him jailed. Little different than his version and, considering he was in fact jailed for it, probably closer to the truth than his.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing--floyd-mayweather-jr---behind-the-police-report-061849219.html
5/1/13 11:06 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing--floyd-mayweather-jr---behind-the-police-report-061849219.html

5/1/13 11:07 PM
xsrg95
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

thanks Xsrg, lol at Ruben Guerrero, his tirade starts at 23:50.

haha, ruben vs mayweather sr.! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0gJhrRTBcQ

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.