UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

5/2/13 12:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chadk
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for linking that.
5/2/13 12:36 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea That, I saw it and posted it on my FB for him lol.

5/2/13 12:39 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - Man, I'm counting down the days till Mattyhsse vs Peterson. So pumped for that fight.

I think Mattyhsse wins it.

5/2/13 12:39 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol, Sr. would ruin Ruben.

5/2/13 12:41 AM
chadk
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, as much as I think Floyd Sr is a scumbag of the first order, I think Papa Guerrero gets slapped around worse than Rhianna vs Chris Brown.
5/2/13 12:44 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

so she still decides to screw the man that ''hit her'...women are nuts lol

5/2/13 12:49 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wanna see Guerrero go to 140 and fight Garcia just for the epic clash there would be between Ruben and Angel.

And yes, Ruben would get tooled by Floyd Sr. He'd need to trane UFC for a bit if he wanted any hope at winning.

5/2/13 12:51 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/02/13 12:51 AM

While he's far from perfect, I don't think Mayweather is as bad a guy as some make him out to be. He does a lot of grassroots charity work for the homeless and impoverished in Vegas.

5/2/13 12:53 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

chadk - Man, as much as I think Floyd Sr is a scumbag of the first order, I think Papa Guerrero gets slapped around worse than Rhianna vs Chris Brown.

lol

5/2/13 1:01 AM
Tebow Worships Satan
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

While he's far from perfect, I don't think Mayweather is as bad a guy as some make him out to be. He does a lot of grassroots charity work for the homeless and impoverished in Vegas.

He's not, he just has his own issues like everyone else. I don't like Floyd not because of his trash talking antics or his cockiness it's because of this

"Floyd doesn't put himself in a position where he can lose," Harris said. "You can take that how you want to."

He's a cherry picker. Hasn't challenged himself in years.
That's the only reason I hate the guy. I do hope he beats Guerrero to a pulp. Something about him has always rubbed me the wrong way.
5/2/13 1:02 AM
Tebow Worships Satan
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JuanMa vs Mikey Garcia is on for June 15th on HBO.

Fun fight.
5/2/13 1:04 AM
chadk

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -

Nobody's all good or all bad. Manny's far more likeable and comes off as far more humble than Floyd too but he's had a well known string of extramarital affairs in the Philippines. My wife's from Cebu and we had Filipino package on our cable. For awhile there, it seemed like he was getting filmed leaving hotels and condos of hotties every week. Interestingly enough, when he stopped gambling, drinking & whoring it seemed like he lost his killer instinct and started letting up on people in the ring too. Phone Post
5/2/13 1:08 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

there's a lot of crap on Pacquiao, but because he has Arum controlling his life, they make him look like a good guy. Just google the visionquest lawsuit, talks about the tax issues he has etc.

Floyd is human, but because he puts himself out there as the bad guy, he's going to get judged harsher than others. Plus he's a superstar athlete. 

he does a lot of good, and with him comes the bad, I don't pay much attention to his personal life.

5/2/13 1:10 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Tebow Worships Satan - JuanMa vs Mikey Garcia is on for June 15th on HBO.

Fun fight.

Garcia knocks him out, good fight though.

5/2/13 1:11 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Garcia vs. Matthysse/Peterson on September 7th                                                                                                                                                     Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65060#ixzz2S6p6jfGa
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer advised BoxingScene.com that WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia (26-0, 16KOs) will return on September 7th - potentially against the winner of Lucas Matthysse (33-2, 31KOs) vs. Lamont Peterson (31-1-1, 16KOs), which takes place on May 18th at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

"That's the plan. Danny Garcia will return on September 7th and I would like for him to fight the winner of Lucas Matthysse and Lamont Peterson. This fight will be the lead-in to our big pay-per-view on September 14th. We want to have a big fight the week before the pay-per-view," Schaefer told BoxingScene.com.

Schaefer says Garcia's return will likely take place on the East Coast. His last two fights took place at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. There has been interest to bring Garcia's next fight to either the MGM Grand or the Mandalay Bay. Garcia stopped Amir Khan last July at the Mandalay Bay.

"The fight will probably happen on the East Coast, but there has been interest from the MGM Grand and the Mandalay Bay to have Danny Garcia fight in Las Vegas," Schaefer said.

5/2/13 1:52 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Matthysse has signed with Haymon

5/2/13 2:09 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Matthew Paras ‏@Mparas1432 12h
696,000 viewers tuned in live + SD for Martinez Murray. 747,000 for Arreola-Stiverine #boxing

Nathan Lewkowicz ‏@Nlewkow1 4h
the re-air [of Martinez-Judah] did 363K

Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing 5h
The Garcia-Judah broadcast on Showtime peaked at 831,000 viewers.... #boxing

Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing 5h
[average for Garcia-Judah] right around 560, 000. Khan did around 474,000...

Nathan Lewkowicz ‏@Nlewkow1 4h
the re-air [of Martinez-Judah] did 363K

5/2/13 2:47 AM
sgotwalks
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ Wow, those are some strong numbers for those guys. Just goes to show that boxing really is alive and well, and still miles ahead of MMA in terms of viewers up and down the line, not just Pac and May as many 'MMA only' fans would like to has us all believe. 

I really need to get my ass into this thread more often. I have missed a lot of pages, but everytime I check in, Bonds is spreading gold. 

5/2/13 3:27 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

always good too see you around Sgo.

5/2/13 3:34 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

man, the last ten minutes of All Access was awesome. Best I've seen since Hatton-Floyd.

5/2/13 9:26 AM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reading that Ellerbe has been chosen over Roger Mayweather for Floyd's corner come fight night. Floyd Sr. not happy about it but dealin with it

5/2/13 11:27 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tebow Worships Satan - JuanMa vs Mikey Garcia is on for June 15th on HBO.

Fun fight.

Fuck yea!
5/2/13 11:57 AM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How good is Guererro?
5/2/13 12:04 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

there's a lot of crap on Pacquiao, but because he has Arum controlling his life, they make him look like a good guy. Just google the visionquest lawsuit, talks about the tax issues he has etc.

Floyd is human, but because he puts himself out there as the bad guy, he's going to get judged harsher than others. Plus he's a superstar athlete. 

he does a lot of good, and with him comes the bad, I don't pay much attention to his personal life.

Sure a lot of it is show but he still dont seem that likeable. That crying for himself in the press conferences because of his perceived non-respect, thats some diva shit....at least Manny seems like the true humble warrior. Not sure much of his personal life as im not with Floyds but cheating is one thing, abuse is another. Also, i know its to be taken with salt like Chael but Floyd's also on some race bating shit on Manny and on Jeremy Lin, etc....i can understand trying to keep the hype with Manny but insulting the entire Filipino culture is never just show and what's to be had with dissing Lin? And cant stand the fact that so many black figures shit on Lin when he was an underdog and beat discrimination to get where he was, you'd like black people would understand that. That SNL skit put it perfectly.

Love to watch both of them fight though.

Also, what do you make of this article: http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9233908/floyd-mayweather-jr-puts-rematch-clause-robert-guerrero
"Floyd 'Money' Mayweather Jr. admitted this week what many have long suspected -- that he hand picks every opponent who enters the ring with him."
5/2/13 12:06 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - How good is Guererro?

He is pretty damn skilled. Tough as nails, iron chin and aggressive. He is not a BIG puncher but he can whack a bit.
I think he gets wiped out by a prime Floyd, but floyd is getting old and has been very inactive. I think this is Floyds toughest fight in a LONG time.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.