UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

5/5/13 3:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/05/13 3:07 AM

Manny's straight left is still one of the best punches in the game, and I at least think the fight would be interesting.

If Manny has acquiesced to the drug testing and the PPV split (and provided he gets a win under his belt), how does the fight not make sense? Honestly.

Khan is being talked about as a legit opponent for Mayweather, and he's recently coming off of 2 straight losses (like Manny, a questionable decision and a KTFO) and hasn't really done much to reaffirm himself since then. He beat a couple of scrubs (one of whom he barely beat).

Manny vs Floyd is still the fight that casual boxing fans like myself most want to see, so how does it not make sense?

5/5/13 3:07 AM
PoundforPound
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The winner of the 140 pound tournament (probably Matthysse) would be a good fight.
5/5/13 3:11 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
884 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Floyd would do everything JMM did, but better against Manny...Manny has below average foot work, and really is just a one handed fighter once you make him turn and take his left hand away.

I wouldn't mind seeing Floyd fight the winner of JMM/Bradley.

5/5/13 3:17 AM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

Manny's straight left is still one of the best punches in the game, and I at least think the fight would be interesting.

If Manny has acquiesced to the drug testing and the PPV split (and provided he gets a win under his belt), how does the fight not make sense? Honestly.

Khan is being talked about as a legit opponent for Mayweather, and he's recently coming off of 2 straight losses (like Manny, a questionable decision and a KTFO) and hasn't really done much to reaffirm himself since then. He beat a couple of scrubs (one of whom he barely beat).

Manny vs Floyd is still the fight that casual boxing fans like myself most want to see, so how does it not make sense?

If I had to argue sense it would be in rank. I do feel he won the Bradley fight, but the cold KO loss was no good. I really didn't like the choice he made on the KO, Marquez had the angle, inside the 10 second frame (Marquez is expecting that final approach), and he went anyway flashing the likely 1-2 and ate the counter. He wanted to make his game plan for Marquez, and hasn't been completing his full conditioning camps. Its just bothering me

I agree with p4p, I like the idea of Lucas coming out of the tourney pending he's the winner

5/5/13 3:19 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mayweather/Guerrero Link in Decent Quality 

Anybody want it?

5/5/13 3:20 AM
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Solid argument Subbed.

It'll take a JMW to beat Mayweather. I don't see anyone at or below 147 giving him any problems. You absolutely need to be bigger than Mayweather to beat him. Nobody is gonna outbox Floyd.

5/5/13 3:22 AM

I feel like how hardcore boxing fans view Mayweather vs Pacquiao in 2013 is how hardcore MMA fans view Fedor in the UFC in 2013.

5/5/13 3:28 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
884 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Floyd would destroy Matthysse.

5/5/13 3:31 AM
lockon
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Floyd vs the winner of JMM/Bradley would be nice.
5/5/13 3:32 AM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Floyd would do everything JMM did, but better against Manny...Manny has below average foot work, and really is just a one handed fighter once you make him turn and take his left hand away.

I wouldn't mind seeing Floyd fight the winner of JMM/Bradley.

I believe Marquez has earned his rematch, I wouldn't mind Bradley either

Roach has been trying to sneak in a right hook after the left on occasion it seems with Manny. It seems when he's on par with the gameplan Roach is creating for his particular skillset he is doing well. You heard in the corner of the last Marquez fight Buboy had to tell Manny 'Stick to the gameplan, your deviating when you get excited. If you hit him that will be it, so stick with the plan'

5/5/13 3:37 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tebow Worships Satan - lol Floyd fighting Matthysse. lol Floyd fighting Canelo.

Garcia is next, and we're all going to buy it because Angel is an amazing talker. If not Garcia it's either Khan or Alexander.

Floyd will wait out Canelo until he outgrows the division.

Alexander puts me to sleep, I honestly don't see that fight happening. 

Matthysse would be great, Canelo is the fight that SHOULD happen. 

I'm actually warming up to the Danny Garcia idea because of the epic Angel Garcia trash talk on All-Access LOL.

SubbedZER0

I also am sorry to admit that I am one of the ones who believes Floyd styles on Manny.

GayGuardMooseSaucy

Off Topic but doesn't anyone know the name of this song? Shazam can't pick it up.

5/5/13 3:38 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea he tried, but in the 3rd JMM fight, JMM kept turning Manny, so JMM would step to his left/Manny's right shoulder and turn him. Taking away his left hand, Manny couldn't throw his right hook effectively either. Manny has one rythum to his offense, bounces back and forth and darts in.

5/5/13 3:42 AM

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Off Topic but doesn't anyone know the name of this song? Shazam can't pick it up.

That's because it's Floyd Sr.'s own song. He hasn't released it to iTunes or anything.

5/5/13 3:44 AM
SubbedZER0

Barry_BondsMVP - 

yea he tried, but in the 3rd JMM fight, JMM kept turning Manny, so JMM would step to his left/Manny's right shoulder and turn him. Taking away his left hand, Manny couldn't throw his right hook effectively either. Manny has one rythum to his offense, bounces back and forth and darts in.

www.thatswhyihatedthe4thfightknockout.com

Manny....don't....Manny don't do it....(darts in)SMACK

5/5/13 3:53 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

That's because it's Floyd Sr.'s own song. He hasn't released it to iTunes or anything.

Huh? Floyd is listening to himself? 

5/5/13 3:58 AM
Brasky
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tebow Worships Satan - lol Floyd fighting Matthysse. lol Floyd fighting Canelo.

Garcia is next, and we're all going to buy it because Angel is an amazing talker. If not Garcia it's either Khan or Alexander.

Floyd will wait out Canelo until he outgrows the division.

This......With the exception of the Canelo point. I think we see Floyd/Canelo next May. They'll promote it for six months.
5/5/13 4:01 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol at Subb

5/5/13 4:05 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

bozy -  Johnnie Taylor- you can't strike gold on a silver mine Phone Post

No thats not it. It does sound like James Brown, Showtime has to give credit to music used. Maybe I can find it there

5/5/13 4:08 AM

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Huh? Floyd is listening to himself? 

Floyd composed the song...or something. It's definitely his creation, although someone else is singing.

Here's a video of him freestyling the exact same song last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=play%C2%ADer_embedded&v=2ZDif-piago

5/5/13 4:08 AM
SubbedZER0

i'm liking that they are allowing Glory 8 to go over the time limit here. Combat sports from 7 to past 4am tonight :)

5/5/13 4:11 AM
SubbedZER0

saddik v aerts replay. fuck yes

5/5/13 4:13 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

CBSsports, or regular CBS?

5/5/13 4:15 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Well I'll be damned. I need to get off that or Im gonna get obsessed trying to find this song. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.