UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

5/5/13 8:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dazed1
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher -

JMM says Floyd beats Canelo.

Also says Abner Mares will be a top 10 pfp. Thanks for the vid interesting stuff from JMM. Phone Post
5/5/13 8:46 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
874 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AMSB has some of the best breakdowns around, this just round 1...but watch Floyd mind fuck Guerrero lol. The teacher schooling the student.

5/5/13 10:06 PM
stillmatic
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tebow Worships Satan -  Still, technically fighting inside the clinch isn't inside boxing. Its a variation of dirty boxing. Phone Post

Regardless of what definition you want to go by, there's always going to be a lot of "inside" fighting in any Mayweather fight. He won't just stick and move the entire fight at 36 years of age.

I found it interesting how clean Mayweather kept this fight against Guerrero. He is typically the one that gets rough on the inside with forearms, shoulder bumps and holding and hitting. He was just grabbing Guerrero's left arm the entire fight in this one waiting for the ref to break them. It was a smart move, because that's where Guerrero does his best work and Floyd avoiding those exchanges on the inside was why he won as easily as he did. Against the ropes, it was play strictly defense or use legs and get out. You usually see Mayweather land a lot of counters off the ropes, which you didn't see this fight. I thought Guerrero still did land some stuff while there, but it's damn near impossible to land more than one shot when Mayweather is thinking defense.
5/5/13 11:13 PM
rudj
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@ Barry_BondsMVP you gunna be around this week?

I made an iron mike t-shirt, you might like
5/5/13 11:20 PM
rudj
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/5/13 11:24 PM
ANT_P1989
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

AMSB has some of the best breakdowns around, this just round 1...but watch Floyd mind fuck Guerrero lol. The teacher schooling the student.

I see you follow AMSB too? Love his videos.

"YOU GON GET THIS WORK!"-Loaded Lux Phone Post
5/5/13 11:30 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
874 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

actually 2Ninja put me on it, he's really indepth, loved this first round break down. Rudj, yea I'll be around...sweet shirt bro.

5/5/13 11:35 PM
rudj

coo, you got it.

5/6/13 1:17 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mayweather's hand ok                                                                                                                                                                                             http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9245971/floyd-mayweather-jr-gets-hand-examined-track-september-bout

5/6/13 2:11 AM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/6/13 2:46 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

hahahhaaha, that's great, never seen that. He looks like a young Apolo Creed lol

5/6/13 3:53 AM
Fedoral Crime
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How many fights does Floyd have left on his contract now, 5?

Don't know the details of his Showtime contract but i wouldn't be surprised if most of his fights were picked, or they agreed on a list of possible fighters before he signed.

These are the fights I'd love to see him finish his career with anyway in no particular order: JMM, Canelo, Manny, Timmay and Khan. If any of those went to a close decision I'd be happy to see him give a rematch or even a trilogy! Can't see that happening though, but a girl can dream. Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 4:04 AM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JMM has said that he doesn't want to fight Mayweather again.

I could see Khan happening though. Total mismatch to my eyes but it will make a lot of money, especially if they hold it in England.
5/6/13 5:32 AM
buddie
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/06/13 5:44 AM
If Mayweather signed to fight JMM again people would just totally lose their shit, even worse than last time.
5/6/13 1:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

the contract was "Up" to six fights, so he's not obligated to fight all six.

5/6/13 2:56 PM
Wasa-B
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

I had it 11-1, masterful perfomance by Floyd, defense looked outstanding, using his legs when people said he couldn't lol...he showed what every right handed fighter needs to do against a southpaw, lead right hand...I love how after the 5th when Guerrero was expecting the lead right ,Floyd would mix it up with a looping right hand. Would also throw in some lead left hooks..the straights to the body did Guerrero in. 

love or hate him, no one breaks an opponent down like Floyd, he got better as the fight went on. To whoever said Floyd ducked Cotto lol, Arum kept Cotto far away from Floyd at 140.

I thought the fight was alright. I dont like Floyd as a "person" though Im sure he plays the shit up though he still doesnt seem likeable but i really dont care for that shit so much as the fighting, I usu like to watch him fight but didnt enjoy that fight as much as the others. This is from my limited boxing knowledge but while i saw him still with his reflexes and speed and movement in tact, i just saw him doing just enough even though he was mixing it up nicely and yeah, those right hand leads were nice.

What do you think of the comparison to GSP in that he is technically so superior to his opponents and seems to have them outclassed but is so risk adverse that he doesnt kick it up a notch when he seems he is capable of generating more significant offense? Im still a GSP fan btw but frustrated at the same time and losing some interest in watching him fight.

On the technical front, where you say right handers should fight southpaws with the right handl lead, does that also go for southpaws on right handers (that they should go with a left lead)?
5/6/13 2:59 PM
mrmister
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

I had it 11-1, masterful perfomance by Floyd, defense looked outstanding, using his legs when people said he couldn't lol...he showed what every right handed fighter needs to do against a southpaw, lead right hand...I love how after the 5th when Guerrero was expecting the lead right ,Floyd would mix it up with a looping right hand. Would also throw in some lead left hooks..the straights to the body did Guerrero in. 

love or hate him, no one breaks an opponent down like Floyd, he got better as the fight went on. To whoever said Floyd ducked Cotto lol, Arum kept Cotto far away from Floyd at 140.

I thought the fight was alright. I dont like Floyd as a "person" though Im sure he plays the shit up though he still doesnt seem likeable but i really dont care for that shit so much as the fighting, I usu like to watch him fight but didnt enjoy that fight as much as the others. This is from my limited boxing knowledge but while i saw him still with his reflexes and speed and movement in tact, i just saw him doing just enough even though he was mixing it up nicely and yeah, those right hand leads were nice.

What do you think of the comparison to GSP in that he is technically so superior to his opponents and seems to have them outclassed but is so risk adverse that he doesnt kick it up a notch when he seems he is capable of generating more significant offense? Im still a GSP fan btw but frustrated at the same time and losing some interest in watching him fight.

On the technical front, where you say right handers should fight southpaws with the right handl lead, does that also go for southpaws on right handers (that they should go with a left lead)?

the comparison is not accurate regarding the guerrero figh, he hurt his hand mid rounds
5/6/13 3:01 PM
Wasa-B
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Floyd trashes Manny, and people will say, you didn't fight him at his peak.

If they fought now, I would consider them both as not at their primes so good enough. Pac seemed to have lost his killer instinct of late but he seemed to have it back ironically vs Marquez but ironically got killed instead.

As i was watching the Guerro fight, i kept on thinking that man, it would be so much better if this was Pac, obviously, lol but Floyd would have obviously fought Pac differently than Guerrero right? But you would consider the DLH and Cotto fights to be competitive right? Would Pac also not be able to make it a very competitive fight considering the speed, the footwork, the power in both hands? Guerrero seemed to befuddled to really mount anything. Pac would bring it more im sure but would that play more into Floyd's hands?

How different do you see Floyd and Marquez? Floyd is bigger, faster (welll maybe not bigger anymore) but would you consider Marquez a more aggressive counter fighter than Floyd would be, i dunno more a more classic counter fighter?

What about if this bigger Marquez were to fight Floyd now? Any difference?
5/6/13 3:46 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
478 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mayweather/Guerrero in HD if anyone wants it

5/6/13 5:44 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Wasa-B - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

thanks for the reply bro..I can see the comparison in ways, because Floyd really doesn't need to take the "chances", unless need be, or he decides to step on the gas. He really doesn't have the desire to try and KO anyone, he has the satisfication of just dominating people on the cards. 

He's so well rounded, depending on the opponent and his adjustments during the fight...he can mix up his punches to his liking.

the left cross and right hook is money for Southpaws, plus they generally have the advantages in fights. Countering the right hand with the cross is best.

5/6/13 5:46 PM
jdindiana
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any fights this weekend? Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 5:50 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Wasa-B - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Floyd trashes Manny, and people will say, you didn't fight him at his peak.

If they fought now, I would consider them both as not at their primes so good enough. Pac seemed to have lost his killer instinct of late but he seemed to have it back ironically vs Marquez but ironically got killed instead.

As i was watching the Guerro fight, i kept on thinking that man, it would be so much better if this was Pac, obviously, lol but Floyd would have obviously fought Pac differently than Guerrero right? But you would consider the DLH and Cotto fights to be competitive right? Would Pac also not be able to make it a very competitive fight considering the speed, the footwork, the power in both hands? Guerrero seemed to befuddled to really mount anything. Pac would bring it more im sure but would that play more into Floyd's hands?

How different do you see Floyd and Marquez? Floyd is bigger, faster (welll maybe not bigger anymore) but would you consider Marquez a more aggressive counter fighter than Floyd would be, i dunno more a more classic counter fighter?

What about if this bigger Marquez were to fight Floyd now? Any difference?

yea, Floyd would definitely fight Manny differently, he'd be more the counter puncher. I thought Oscar was his most competitive fight since Castillo 1. 

Pacquiao would be dangerous because he throws punches from weird angles, but watch that breakdown video. Floyd would smother Guerrero's punches. After the lead right hand Floyd would jump in and clinch, or control Guerrero's head and take a step out of range, or he would grab under Guerrero's arms and turn him. He did little things to offset his game. Things like this would frustrate Manny because he's not a good boxer, nor does he have great footwork.

that's why JMM had such success with him, foot work and being a better boxer. JMM takes more chances with brawling, so yea, he's more aggressive then Floyd.

I see the same outcome with JMM/Floyd, Floyd is too defensive minded, quick and intelligent..and his reach is very deceptive. That's one thing JMM said he had problems with, hard to get around that long arms.

5/6/13 6:00 PM
caposa
1704 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pacman vs. Brandon Rios on November 23 Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 6:10 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Massive supporter of both guys. The popular pick will be Pac via beating late TKO. But if there is a time for Rios to win this fight its now.
Think of this, how many fighters have ever been KO'd like that and come back the same?
5/6/13 6:15 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

jdindiana - Any fights this weekend? Phone Post 3.0

biggest names is Burns/Darchinyan this weekend, next weekend is Peterson/Matthysse.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.