UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

5/6/13 11:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/06/13 11:08 PM
Wasa-B - What about if this bigger Marquez were to fight Floyd now? Any difference?

This is what JMM himself had to say about it over the weekend.

"Marquez is currently slated to face WBO welterweight champion Tim Bradley in either September or October. When asked if he would welcome a rematch with Floyd Mayweather down the line, Marquez shut the door on that possibility.

"I don't want to fight him again because everyone saw what happened in 2009 and I think it's better if he goes his way and I go mine," Marquez said while referring to his one-sided loss to Mayweather that took place on September 19th, 2009.”
5/6/13 11:09 PM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/06/13 11:13 PM
Also, why is Pacquiao fighting Mike Alvarado's leftovers?

Poor Alvarado beats Brandon Rios in an exciting fight yet the one rewarded with the big payday is Rios.
5/6/13 11:27 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
893 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WBC President Jose Sulaiman has stated that the WBC will enforce a new rule starting on July 1, 2013. There will be a weigh in at 9:30 am for both fighters the day of the fight and neither fighter can go over 10% of the contracted weight. Below is an idea of what the maximum weight allowed at 10% over each weight class might be.

WEIGHT LIMIT- FIGHT DAY-
105 – Minimumweight – 115.5
108 – Light flyweight – 118.8
112 – Flyweight – 123.2
115 – Super flyweight – 126.5
118 – Bantamweight – 129.8
122 – Super bantamweight -134.2
126 – Featherweight – 138.6
130 – Super featherweight – 143
135 – Lightweight – 148.5
140 – Super lightweight – 154
147 – Welterweight – 161.7
154 – Super welterweight – 169.4
160 – Middleweight – 176
168 – Super middleweight – 184.8
175 – Light heavyweight – 192.5
200 – Cruiserweight – 220
unlimited – Heavyweight – unlimited
5/7/13 1:04 AM
Wasa-B
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

WBC President Jose Sulaiman has stated that the WBC will enforce a new rule starting on July 1, 2013. There will be a weigh in at 9:30 am for both fighters the day of the fight and neither fighter can go over 10% of the contracted weight. Below is an idea of what the maximum weight allowed at 10% over each weight class might be.

WEIGHT LIMIT- FIGHT DAY-
105 – Minimumweight – 115.5
108 – Light flyweight – 118.8
112 – Flyweight – 123.2
115 – Super flyweight – 126.5
118 – Bantamweight – 129.8
122 – Super bantamweight -134.2
126 – Featherweight – 138.6
130 – Super featherweight – 143
135 – Lightweight – 148.5
140 – Super lightweight – 154
147 – Welterweight – 161.7
154 – Super welterweight – 169.4
160 – Middleweight – 176
168 – Super middleweight – 184.8
175 – Light heavyweight – 192.5
200 – Cruiserweight – 220
unlimited – Heavyweight – unlimited

First time ever in any weight class sport?
5/7/13 1:05 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
455 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ríos vs. Pacquiao [edit]
Brandon was matched up against pound for pound legend Manny Pacquiao. Although Pacquiao was coming off 2 consecutive losses he looked sharp against Rios. Pacquiao proved too fast and too powerful for Rios knocking him down in the first and second rounds before knocking Rios out cold 1:14 into the 3rd round.

Professional boxing record [edit]

31 Wins (23knockouts), 2 Losses, 1 Draw
Res. Record Opponent Type Rd., Time Date Location Notes
Loss 31-2-1  Manny Pacquiao KO 3 (12), 1:14 2013-11-23  The Venetian Macao, Macau, SAR

LOL, Pacquiao fan already at it. 
5/7/13 1:06 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
893 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's been done before, but not for every weight class.

5/7/13 1:42 AM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some interesting numbers Mr. Bonds.

Seems to me as though Chavez Jr. and middleweight by those standards is going to be cutting it close. Also found it interesting that light heavy's can't re-up past 192 and cruiser can't re-up past 220.

5/7/13 2:01 AM
Fedoral Crime
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

the contract was "Up" to six fights, so he's not obligated to fight all six.

Oh I see. So he could have 2 more fights and then retire if he wanted? Jesus Christ Floyd must have one of the best management teams in the history of boxing. Actually what am I saying its by far the best.

So who do you think gives Floyd the most trouble Barry (sorry if this has already been asked).

The only time I see Floyd vulnerable is after he throws the lead right and then ducks towards the left. He got caught a couple of times early on but Guerrero just wasn't quick or powerful enough to connect with anything meaningful.

Which leads me to think that Manny is still the most dangerous fight for Floyd to take. If I was putting money on it I'd back Floyd but if he was ever going to get caught from any of today's WW's, I think Manny would be the one to catch him. Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 3:12 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad day for boxing.

5/7/13 3:13 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, apart from Chavez/Murray. That would be awesome.

5/7/13 4:21 PM
chadk
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - Also, why is Pacquiao fighting Mike Alvarado's leftovers?

Poor Alvarado beats Brandon Rios in an exciting fight yet the one rewarded with the big payday is Rios.
I've heard Mike's got a hand injury that took him out of the running. Truthfully, I think Manny takes either one of them out but Rios' being the bigger puncher presents more danger to Pacquiao. Phone Post
5/7/13 4:30 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
455 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan Rafael ?@danrafaelespn 2m
No official PPV #'s yet for Floyd but 2 industry sources tell me they look bad (under 1M). We'll see. If true, heavy $$ losses for Showtime. Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 5:42 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't mind paying for the fight. But this 70$ PPV thing is a bit much

5/7/13 6:08 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

SubbedZER0 - 

Some interesting numbers Mr. Bonds.

Seems to me as though Chavez Jr. and middleweight by those standards is going to be cutting it close. Also found it interesting that light heavy's can't re-up past 192 and cruiser can't re-up past 220.

yea it's silly, forget 10% of your weight or whatever it was, they shouldn't gain more than 12 pounds total.

5/7/13 6:10 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea $70 is crazy, add the fact Floyd didn't sell the fight that much..and the switch to Showtime which is shown in less homes than HBO, hurts too. It's good for fight fans, Floyd may be guaranteed his millions per fight, but if he wants that revenue and buys to stay consistant, he'll need to fight the Canelo's, Martinez, and maybe even Manny still.

5/7/13 6:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Fedoral Crime - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

the contract was "Up" to six fights, so he's not obligated to fight all six.

Oh I see. So he could have 2 more fights and then retire if he wanted? Jesus Christ Floyd must have one of the best management teams in the history of boxing. Actually what am I saying its by far the best.

So who do you think gives Floyd the most trouble Barry (sorry if this has already been asked).

The only time I see Floyd vulnerable is after he throws the lead right and then ducks towards the left. He got caught a couple of times early on but Guerrero just wasn't quick or powerful enough to connect with anything meaningful.

Which leads me to think that Manny is still the most dangerous fight for Floyd to take. If I was putting money on it I'd back Floyd but if he was ever going to get caught from any of today's WW's, I think Manny would be the one to catch him. Phone Post 3.0

Canelo/Martinez/Pacquiao in that order imo.

yea, he has 5 fights left, he can fight 2/5 and be done lol.

5/7/13 6:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Bute is injured, fight with Pascal is postponed. Bute injured his hand and will need surgery.

5/7/13 6:15 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Terrence Crawford returns on the Garcia/Juanma undercard.

5/7/13 6:18 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Boner's new reality show lol

5/7/13 7:15 PM
SubbedZER0

Barry_BondsMVP - 

yea $70 is crazy, add the fact Floyd didn't sell the fight that much..and the switch to Showtime which is shown in less homes than HBO, hurts too. It's good for fight fans, Floyd may be guaranteed his millions per fight, but if he wants that revenue and buys to stay consistant, he'll need to fight the Canelo's, Martinez, and maybe even Manny still.

i'm comfortable with 12-15lbs as far as rehydrating goes but when it gets to the 20's (Chavez Jr) we're pushing it.

I agree. If the confirmed numbers are indeed that rough, a step up in named opponents has to come. I'm a bit shocked as I did think he would pull just over a million. If Manny somehow gets on the table with Arum involved, there's a TON of story for them to sell at this point in exchange for whatever decrease in value the fight has experienced IMO. I really don't see that happening on Showtime though, no idea how that would end up getting made.....so many hoops to jump through.

5/7/13 7:37 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea network hoops, and add Arum/Floyd's beef, chances are slim...same with the possibility of a Martinez fight.

5/7/13 7:41 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

More Details on Deontay Wilder’s Arrest in Las Vegas                                                                                                                                               Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65288#ixzz2SeZDHjb0
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

by David P. Greisman

BoxingScene.com has confirmed that heavyweight prospect Deontay Wilder was arrested Saturday morning in Las Vegas and is facing a felony count of domestic violence-strangulation.

Police were called at about 7:30 a.m. on May 4 for a reported battery at a hotel in the 3700 block of South Las Vegas Boulevard, an area that is known as the famed Las Vegas Strip. Security officers there had a male and a female in custody, according to Laura Meltzer, a spokeswoman for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

The woman had swollen eyebrows, a possibly broken nose, a cut lip, and red marks on her neck, according to officers. She was taken to University Medical Center of Southern Nevada and treated for her injuries.

Wilder was booked into Clark County Detention Center. He’s since been released.

The 27-year-old fighter is coming off his 28th knockout win in 28 fights: an April 27 first-round knockout of aged Olympic gold medalist Audley Harrison.

5/7/13 7:42 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Beibut Shumenov's name is being throwing around for Pascal.

5/7/13 7:46 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Hopkins says he'd fight Froch at a catch weight.

5/7/13 7:50 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Jermain Taylor vs Les Sherrington in Play For The Fall?                                                                                                                                             Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65264#ixzz2SebSXuUU
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Today WBF middleweight World Champion and current WBO world number 8 Les ‘Lock n load’ Sherrington announced his opponent for his upcoming June 7 main event bout. Sherrington, who will headline the much, anticipated “Smithy brings the big fights 4” announced today that he will be taking on Argentine middleweight Jorge Dario David Gomez.

Sherrington said, “I look forward to this challenge with Jorge, it’s been over 8 years since I’ve fought someone taller than me and he has a great knockout record. I feel fighting the taller fighter will bring more to the table for me to enhance my boxing skills. This is a new challenge for me.

I’m not looking past Gomez and respect his knockout percentage however, I want a brilliant performance and to win convincingly and hopefully come out unscathed so I can back up with a match up with American legend Jermain Taylor on the Australian shores, possibly in late August or September.”

The luring of Jermain Taylor to Australia isn’t just propaganda with the proof of Sherringotn’s management’s luring ability on display last year, when they brought legendary Mexican knockout king, Luis Ramon ‘Yuri Boy’ Campas to the Gold Coast convention and exhibition centre.

Sherringtons trainer/manager Brendon Smith said, “I’m very excited about Les Sherrington fighting in my home town. Les and I joined forces over a year ago and worked out of Smithy’s gym here in Toowoomba and now to be able to give the opportunity to our local fans to see him fight in the flesh, I am very proud of. Gomez brings a very good challenge to us and I look forward to Les fighting the bigger guy.”

Smith further stated “With that being said, a good performance here with Gomez, I would like Jermain Taylor next. Our team brought Yuri Boy Campas to Australian soil for a major fight on the Gold Coast last year and I would explore the possibilities of bringing in Jermain Taylor for another major show. If we cannot lure Taylor to Australia, then I’m more than happy to discuss the possibilities of the fight to take place in America. This is a very big reality as Jermain just recently come out in a post-fight interview and stated he wanted a top 10 opponent in the world, as we are currently number 8 in the WBO, we have something he asked for.”

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.