UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

5/19/13 10:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chadk
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - Mosley looked good tonight.

Yes, a weak opponent but up until the final bell he was throwing and going for power shots.

It's a shame Broner is facing Paulie as Mosley-Maligniaggi could be competitive for both and a decent tilt.

No clue who Shane faces next but tonight was the best he has looked in years. Phone Post
Maybe he's on TRT lol. Phone Post
5/19/13 2:26 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alexander broke his left in the first.

LOL at Khan saying he could beat Matthysse

5/19/13 3:03 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

here you go Martin

5/19/13 3:05 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Matthysse/Peterson

5/19/13 3:10 PM
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry, how did you score the Matthysse fights with Alexander and Judah?
5/19/13 3:17 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I gave both fights to Matthysse...Alexander lost to Kotelnik as well imo.

5/19/13 4:06 PM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He just walked through Peterson, I wasn't expecting it to be so easy for him. The guy is the truth.

After he disposes of Danny Garcia (which he will) I'd love to see him fight Floyd.
5/19/13 4:25 PM
stillmatic
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matthysse vs Mayweather would be awesome. Doubtful that Mayweather would take this fight though.

Matthysse should be able to take out Danny Garcia.
5/19/13 4:41 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I think Floyd puts a clinic on Matthysse, Lucas is great, but he wouldn't touch Floyd...he's too slow and flat footed. I think someone with good foot work and speed would give Lucas issues. There's only a few I'd pick over Matthysse from 140-147 imo.

5/19/13 5:19 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol that's fine Tili, but you shouldn't claim Floyd refused to fight Manny when the evidence is there, stating other wise.

5/19/13 5:33 PM
stillmatic
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Floyd has very few options available for his next fight. Personally, I'd be shocked if the Canelo fight happens. Devon Alexander hurting his hand likely takes him out and that's who I thought Floyd would fight. Amir Khan won't be ready for September with Ramadan and really doesn't even make much sense. Bradley and Marquez are fighting each other.

I think they're going to cash Danny Garcia out and have him face Mayweather. Garcia is going to lose either way to Mayweather or Matthysse imo. He might as well take the big money fight.
5/19/13 5:39 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mosley-Paulie/Broner

Devon-Khan

Bradley likely beats JMM by a BS decision, so we could see Floyd/Bradley next year. 

FMJ-Garcia probably happens in Sept. like you said Still..he'll run to Floyd for a 95-5 split lol.

5/19/13 7:46 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watching the Matthysse card now. This is by far the most exciting Alexander fight I've seen. Good stuff Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 7:50 PM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alexander gets a lot of unfair criticism for being boring IMO. He's not that bad.

5/19/13 8:00 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

he did a good job working the lead uppercut and hook last night.

5/19/13 8:03 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's boring IMO. You don't Have to be Maidana but he's certainly not exciting. He looked fantastic tho last night Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 8:21 PM
PoundforPound

Edited: 05/19/13 8:23 PM
He was entertaining enough against Maidana, against Urango, against Matthysse, and against Kotelnik. To name a few.

He was boring against Randall Bailey but almost everyone looks bad against him because he hardly throws any punches. See Mike Jones vs. Bailey.
5/19/13 8:33 PM
pharochuck
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
TiliShkodrani - Nice fight from Matthyse, I think he would KO Garcia.

But he would have 0 chance with Floyd, like Barry said, too slow, Floyd eats slow guys for breakfast, which is why he keeps fighting them.

what 'fast' guy is out there he should fight instead? alexander? malinaggi?

5/19/13 8:40 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't mind Alexander either but from my point of view he had a talking punching bag that sometimes threw back in Purdy. If Purdy's corner didn't stop that fight and Alexander didn't finish I agree with those who say it would've looked bad for Devon

5/19/13 8:44 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck - 

But he would have 0 chance with Floyd, like Barry said, too slow, Floyd eats slow guys for breakfast, which is why he keeps fighting them.

if anyone says Khan I will choke you through computer screen.

5/19/13 8:47 PM
pharochuck
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
SubbedZER0 - 
pharochuck - 

if anyone says Khan I will choke you through computer screen.

i would only want to see that fight if floyd went to europe to fight him. it would do huge numbers worldwide and get a on of media attention around the globe. wouldn't be a competitive fight but i would be a great sideshow

5/19/13 8:47 PM
SubbedZER0

One more thing,

i'm going to church everday until Paul Williams is atleast walking.

5/19/13 8:53 PM
SubbedZER0

@ Pharo, hard to argue Floyd v Amir in the UK. Two totally different levels of boxing with them IMO though. So agreed on both.

5/19/13 9:14 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

That whole post fight after the Matthysse ko was hilarious.

Danny Garcia's face in the crowd lol

Cheaterson-"yeah he hit me in the back of the head". "I could've gone on but the ref made a good call". I LOL'd so hard

"Ok we're here with Lucas Matthysse"
*mic jack* WE'VE GOT A NEW MANNY PACQUIAO!!!!!! HE'S FROM ARGENTINA AND HIS NAME IS LUCAS MATTHYSSE!

"Did you understand that Lucas?"

"No but I assume it was good"

LOL Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 9:24 PM
stillmatic

Khan vs Mayweather would be competitive until he inevitably gets caught. Khan's speed and combination punching is not that easy for anyone to deal with.

Mayweather would stop him though. Mayweather is too sharp and accurate with his punches and Khan as we know gets hit with clean shots far too often. You would see Mayweather actually sit down on his punches against Khan. He would probably be willing to exchange with Khan too knowing that he often leaves his chin exposed with his hands down when pulling out.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.