UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

5/5/13 5:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SubbedZER0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Paulie as well but I too see Broner comin out on top.

I don't want to go crazy and say he'll stop Paulie. But realistically Paulie doesn't have much for him IMO

5/5/13 5:12 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
910 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Gate was 9 Million, with 15K fans.

5/5/13 5:13 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
910 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

agreed with that Subb, he wont keep Broner off him.

5/5/13 5:18 AM
SubbedZER0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/05/13 5:18 AM

Broner joins I think Hatton and Khan as the only people to stop Paulie if he does. He could of made it the 12 with Hatton, I don't really argue the Khan stoppage, he was taking some nasty shots at that point.

Will create a thread for Hagler v  Leonard when I awaken mr. Bonds, sun is now up over here. Gonna hit some Khan v Maidana and Castillo Corrales and call it a morning.

5/5/13 10:33 AM
Phisher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JMM says Floyd beats Canelo.

5/5/13 2:55 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

sounds good Subb, thanks again brother.

I'd love to see it, but come on lol, Floyd is a small WW..I really don't think some people realize how much 20+ pounds makes a difference in a fight..it's not like Canelo is some slouch, he can hit, he's young, big and quick.

5/5/13 4:22 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

anyone with FB, do you guys mind liking our page, I'm running the blog for the Gym now..appreciate it.

https://www.facebook.com/DethroneBaseCampFresno

5/5/13 5:45 PM
pharochuck
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
I don't like the size difference for canelo. Still would like to see the PAC fight, matthyse. No Alexander please, khan in England is intriguing Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 7:05 PM
SubbedZER0

Barry

I'm hearing the HBO legendary nights series is coming back this fall? Is this greatness true?

5/5/13 7:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articles/16350-hbos-qlegendary-nightsq-returns-with-look-at-gatti-ward                                                                                                                                                                     

you heard correctly.

5/5/13 7:42 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articles/16350-hbos-qlegendary-nightsq-returns-with-look-at-gatti-ward                                                                                                                                                                     

you heard correctly.

Thats great news.
5/5/13 8:02 PM
stillmatic
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God Bless Tim Tebow - 
stillmatic - 
God Bless Tim Tebow - 
stillmatic - I don't know why you would take such a retarded bet in the first place. You realize Floyd fights on the inside himself right? He's a crafty fighter that does a lot of shoulder bumping, holding and hitting and etc.

You're a lock to lose this bet unless the fight ended in less than a minute.

I don't care for SN bets. I'd gladly put some money on it though if you are interested.

I'm 99% confident Floyd won't fight on the inside against Guerrero for more than 60 seconds. I'm 100% confident Guerrero doesn't go 12.

$100 Paypal, give me 3 to 1 odds if you think that'll make it fair lol. Bookmark this thread, we'll send the money to a mod a day before the fight and he'll be the middleman.

Terms are simple, doesn't matter who the winner is, if they fight on the inside for more than 60 seconds you win. If Floyd wins and they fight on the inside for less than 60 seconds I win.

Put your money where your mouth is. :)

I don't feel like I need to make it "fair".  You seem perfectly confident, so straight up odds seems fine to me.  

$100 is cool.  

Hopefully I actually remember this and the fight actually happens as well.

That's fine. Don't worry about updating, this is the new official boxing thread thanks to Barry.

Goodluck, and lets hope the fight happens. :)

BUMP!!!

Don't expect or care to get paid out on this bet, but it was the dumbest bet anyone could ever make.

I got to give Mayweather credit for doing very well in there. He was a lot sharper than I've seen him in previous fights. I thought Guerrero may be able to rough him up on the inside, but Floyd showed he still had his legs and could move away when he needed to. If he had fought Guerrero the same way he fought Cotto, I think he would have had a lot more problems. He tried to fight Cotto off the ropes whereas he would hold, go strictly defense or escape while on the ropes against Guerrero.
5/5/13 8:21 PM
dazed1
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher -

JMM says Floyd beats Canelo.

Also says Abner Mares will be a top 10 pfp. Thanks for the vid interesting stuff from JMM. Phone Post
5/5/13 8:32 PM
Tebow Worships Satan
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still, technically fighting inside the clinch isn't inside boxing. Its a variation of dirty boxing. Phone Post
5/5/13 8:46 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

AMSB has some of the best breakdowns around, this just round 1...but watch Floyd mind fuck Guerrero lol. The teacher schooling the student.

5/5/13 10:06 PM
stillmatic
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tebow Worships Satan -  Still, technically fighting inside the clinch isn't inside boxing. Its a variation of dirty boxing. Phone Post

Regardless of what definition you want to go by, there's always going to be a lot of "inside" fighting in any Mayweather fight. He won't just stick and move the entire fight at 36 years of age.

I found it interesting how clean Mayweather kept this fight against Guerrero. He is typically the one that gets rough on the inside with forearms, shoulder bumps and holding and hitting. He was just grabbing Guerrero's left arm the entire fight in this one waiting for the ref to break them. It was a smart move, because that's where Guerrero does his best work and Floyd avoiding those exchanges on the inside was why he won as easily as he did. Against the ropes, it was play strictly defense or use legs and get out. You usually see Mayweather land a lot of counters off the ropes, which you didn't see this fight. I thought Guerrero still did land some stuff while there, but it's damn near impossible to land more than one shot when Mayweather is thinking defense.
5/5/13 11:13 PM
rudj
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@ Barry_BondsMVP you gunna be around this week?

I made an iron mike t-shirt, you might like
5/5/13 11:20 PM
rudj
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/5/13 11:24 PM
ANT_P1989
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

AMSB has some of the best breakdowns around, this just round 1...but watch Floyd mind fuck Guerrero lol. The teacher schooling the student.

I see you follow AMSB too? Love his videos.

"YOU GON GET THIS WORK!"-Loaded Lux Phone Post
5/5/13 11:30 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

actually 2Ninja put me on it, he's really indepth, loved this first round break down. Rudj, yea I'll be around...sweet shirt bro.

5/5/13 11:35 PM
rudj

coo, you got it.

5/6/13 1:17 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mayweather's hand ok                                                                                                                                                                                             http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9245971/floyd-mayweather-jr-gets-hand-examined-track-september-bout

5/6/13 2:11 AM
SubbedZER0

5/6/13 2:46 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

hahahhaaha, that's great, never seen that. He looks like a young Apolo Creed lol

5/6/13 3:53 AM
Fedoral Crime
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How many fights does Floyd have left on his contract now, 5?

Don't know the details of his Showtime contract but i wouldn't be surprised if most of his fights were picked, or they agreed on a list of possible fighters before he signed.

These are the fights I'd love to see him finish his career with anyway in no particular order: JMM, Canelo, Manny, Timmay and Khan. If any of those went to a close decision I'd be happy to see him give a rematch or even a trilogy! Can't see that happening though, but a girl can dream. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.