UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

5/19/13 9:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GayGuardMooseSaucy
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -

I thought Peterson was gracious in defeat.

I thought the same until he started talking about getting hit in the back of the head, I even forgave him for that until he talked about how he could've gone on. I hate the guy, I'd respect him if he just admitted to taking PEDs. He's a paper champion alsi Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 12:15 AM
Eddy Payeur
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

I gave both fights to Matthysse...Alexander lost to Kotelnik as well imo.

I was at both fights. The sentiment in the crowd (as well as my own opinion) was that he was given VERY generous gift decisions.

5/20/13 12:58 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
883 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

are you speaking of Alexander, Eddy?

5/20/13 1:39 AM
Eddy Payeur
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

are you speaking of Alexander, Eddy?

Yes
5/20/13 1:42 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
883 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Absolutely Eddy, he got those gift decisions.

5/20/13 9:42 AM
PoundforPound
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/20/13 9:44 AM
stillmatic - Bradley was a horrible fight as well.

Yeah, I'll agree with that. But Pacquiao was boring against Bradley too.

I don't really want to see Floyd vs. Alexander but if Devon fights Amir Khan the winner of that one will probably get a shot at PBF.

As long as Mayweather fights Canelo next then I won't begrudge him a Devon Alexander fight afterwards.
5/20/13 6:00 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Floyd will never fight Alexander, he'd be lucky to do 500-700K buys for that fight. 

Khan-Exciting British fighter, would sell PPVs here in the states and be huge overseas (not that those fucks pay for ppv). 

Bradley-Could bill it as "Undefeated", the guy who dethroned Pacman, and beat JMM (assuming he does) 

Garcia-"Undefeated", the trash talk between daddies would be epic. 

JMM 2-He's earned the rematch if he beats Bradley 

Canelo-This is the fight that should happen

Those are his options IMO. 

5/20/13 6:02 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

5/20/13 7:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Gay can you summarize the vid for me.

5/20/13 7:24 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Floyd to reveal Sept. plans in a few weeks.

5/20/13 7:26 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

After careful thought and consideration with my family and team, I have decided to relinquish my WBC Super Middleweight World Champion Emeritus Title. As has been recently reported, the WBC elected to strip me of my world title belt, making the upcoming bout between Sakio Bika and Marco Antonio Periban for the vacant Super Middleweight Title. After consultation with my manager James Prince and attorney Josh Dubin, it is my belief that the WBC did not have the right to strip me of my World Title and name me Champion Emeritus. We voiced our position to the WBC, and after several discussions, have agreed to disagree with their interpretation of the facts and rules. In our opinion, we feel strongly that I did not violate the rules in any manner whatsoever.

When I fought Chad Dawson, there was no mandatory contender. Subsequent to my victory, I injured my shoulder but have remained ready, willing and able to defend my title within the period specified by the WBC's rules. Nonetheless, without what we feel was appropriate due process, the WBC elected to strip me of my World Title. I think my track record in fighting the best opponents available speaks for itself. I worked extremely hard and dedicated my entire career to win and defend my WBC belt. As a matter of principle, I have chosen to stand up for what I believe is right. I think the fans know and appreciate that I am the Super Middleweight Champion of the World, and I trust that I will continue to be recognized as such. I am back in training again, feeling great, and excited about my return to the ring.

The Super Middle Weight Champion of the World,

Andre Ward
5/20/13 7:32 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Barry_BondsMVP -

Gay can you summarize the vid for me.

Actually a good video, worth a watch. The Danny Garcia part was legit LOL, especially when he played Garcia's rap video.

Says nobody is fucking with Matthysse other than Floyd.

Says he doesn't want Floyd Canelo yet

Says Khan has the best chance at Floyd right now due to speed

Talks about Guerrero's lackluster performance Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 7:33 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 05/20/13 7:35 PM

sorry for the article mess up...basically Margarito is considering a comeback, wife cheated on him and are divorcing. Plus he has his kids too worry about.

5/20/13 7:36 PM
Hikikomori
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/20/13 7:36 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks Gay

5/20/13 7:37 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I enjoyed that Epilogue

5/20/13 7:48 PM
PoundforPound
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Andre Ward has been off for that long. How can the shady ass WBC justify stripping him?
5/20/13 7:58 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Sulaiman needs to keep it with the Mexicans lol

5/20/13 9:16 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Barry_BondsMVP -

Sulaiman needs to keep it with the Mexicans lol

I hate that motherfucker. Phone Post 3.0
5/21/13 12:33 AM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - Andre Ward has been off for that long. How can the shady ass WBC justify stripping him?

From what i'm reading round the webs they have a couple camps that are ready to 'pay' for the opportunity to fight one-another for the world title.

Injured champs don't pay dem sanctioning fees = Champion Emeretus I guess.

5/22/13 12:47 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

King Eyes $2 Million For Stiverne's Klitschko Purse?                                                                                                                                                  Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65786#ixzz2TzffvluS
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Ruslan Chikov

According to reports in the Russian press, promoter Don King requested a purse of $2 million dollars, and the American television rights, for Bermane Stiverne's mandatory challenge of WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko (45-4, 41KOs). Stiverne (23-1-1, 20KOs) became the mandatory challenger after winning a final eliminator against Chris Arreola last month.

Time is running out for King to reach an agreement. The two sides have until June 3rd or the WBC will conduct a purse bid in Mexico City. It will be interesting because King has been bidding huge amounts of money to win several recent purse bids but he ends up losing the promotional rights after failing to finalize the details.

5/22/13 12:52 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Artur Szpilka-Brian Minto Clash Set For June 15        

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65782#ixzz2TzghBwLa
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Luke Furman

On June 15th in Bydgoszcz, Poland, heavyweight prospect Artur Szpilka (14-0, 11 KOs) will face veteran Brian Minto (37-5, 24 KOs). Minto has gone 3-3 in his last six, winning three by knockout and losing three by knockout to Marco Huck, Tony Grano and Chris Arreola. Szpilka is an all-action fighter, making it very difficult to see his match with Minto reaching a decision.

5/22/13 1:02 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Roach on Bradley-Marquez: Not Interesting, Who Cares 

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65755#ixzz2TzjRQd7f

By Edward Chaykovsky

Trainer Freddie Roach is not excited by the welterweight match between WBO champion Timothy Bradley (30-0, 12KOs) and former four division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40KOs).

Both fighters defeated Roach's prized pupil, Manny Pacquiao, in 2012. Bradley won a controversial split decision last June and Marquez knocked Pacquiao out cold in the sixth round in December.

Offers were made to both boxers. They passed and struck a deal to face each other on September 14th. Pacquiao will take on Brandon Rios on November 24th.

"[Bradley] and Marquez had a good deal together or something like that, but I don't really see that fight as being too interesting, because who really cares who wins that fight," Roach told Koncrete Jungle.

5/22/13 1:05 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Cleverly eyeing the Froch/Kessler winner.

5/22/13 1:10 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Bradley: There is Double The Drug Testing With Marquez            

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65762#ixzz2TzlRKAXL

By Edward Chaykovsky

WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley tells The Desert Sun that his upcoming defense against Juan Manuel Marquez will have double the drug testing involved. The match is set for September 14 against Marquez at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas.

Bradley says Marquez was a bit concerned with using the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA), and instead wanted USADA, the U.S. anti-doping agency. A compromise was reached and both companies will be used in the fight.

“If anyone was worried on either side, don’t be. There will be double drug testing in this fight,” Bradley told the paper.“We’ll do two drug tests so everyone will know we’re clean athletes and that 100 percent of our heart is in our training and there’s no cheating going on.”

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.