UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

5/27/13 11:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

This dude is such a turd. Stop with the UFC vs Boxing stuff already.
5/27/13 11:39 AM
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - Only thing he was right about was that boxing has been killing the UFC in terms of quality. Phone Post 3.0

UFC 160 was amazing and so was Fox 7.
5/27/13 12:10 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

This dude is such a turd. Stop with the UFC vs Boxing stuff already.

agreed, it was corny and lame when mma fans did it and its just as lame now with boxing fans doing it.

Both sports are great, both sports are doing great right now.
5/27/13 4:57 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stieglitz/Groves would be a good one.

5/27/13 5:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oscar's cousin http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65970
5/27/13 5:17 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65966#ixzz2UWvQ8wBK This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Ward: After We Destroy Froch, We Want Calzaghe!

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65966#ixzz2UWvXIhLo
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

James Prince, the manager for super middleweight king Andre Ward (26-0, 14KOs), told BoxingScene.com that his boxer has no problem with going over to the UK to fight IBF/WBA "regular" champion Carl Froch (31-2, 22KOs) in a rematch - under the right circumstances.

Prince feels very confident about his fighter's ability to defeat Froch in a rematch, especially since Ward won their first encounter with a broken left hand.

Froch avenged his other career defeat on Saturday night in London, when he fought his way to a twelve round unanimous decision over Mikkel Kessler at the O2 Arena.

Following the Kessler fight, Froch challenged Ward to accept a rematch in the UK. The first match took place in December of 2011 at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Ward won with scores of 118-110, 115-113 and 115-113.

Both Ward and Prince are waiting to receive an official offer from Eddie Hearn, who promotes Froch.

But the real prize on Prince's mind is British superstar Joe Calzaghe (46-0, 32KOs), who retired shortly after his November 2008 decision win over Roy Jones Jr.

Since his retirement, Calzaghe has stated in several interviews that he believes, at least when he was active, that he would have beaten Ward. Calzaghe made similar statements last week.

"I would have beaten Ward. Like I say, people can judge styles, but I can adapt to every style and mine was harder to hit. I think Ward is good in his comfort zone, but I would have got him out of that and wouldn't have fancied it. It would have been a good fight. There's no ego. It is belief. I think it would have been a chess match," Calzaghe told Sky Sports.

Prince wants to settle the issue once and for all - who is better - Ward or Calzaghe - and he wants the British fans to apply pressure on Calzaghe to come out of retirement.

"We would love to go over to the UK and beat Froch up - if everything can be accommodated right. Andre really enjoyed himself in the UK and he realized that he has a lot of love over there. It's just a matter of time, but we're definitely not scared to fight him in the UK. We know that Froch is best super middleweight that's out there in the UK. And we know that over in U.S. that Andre Ward is the best out there in his weight division. So why not? UK vs. the USA," Prince told BoxingScene.com.

"Then maybe after we beat Froch up, we might convince Joe Calzaghe to come out [of retirement] and represent the UK after we destroy the best that they have. If they can arrange that commitment, with Froch first in the UK, with the understanding that after we destroy him - that the UK can convince Calzaghe to come out of retirement to defend the UK - then they got a deal."

5/27/13 5:29 PM

Some matches i'm looking forward to this month-
Joseito Lopez vs Maidana
Mikey Garcia vs Juanma
GGG vs Macklin
Lara V Angulo

Not sure how to feel about Broner vs Paulie.
5/27/13 5:36 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I'm curious to see if Broner can stop Paulie, that would be a nice statement for him.

Lopez/Maidana, don't think Maidana's power carries well at 47', I like Lopez in this fight.

Garcia/Juanma, Juanma might have some moments early, but Garcia stops him in the middle rounds.

GGG/Macklin, GGG will make another statement, he'll stop Macklin and give Martinez more the reason to avoid him.

Lara/Angulo, Angulo has to pressure non stop to win this fight, can't let Lara box from a distance...I feel Lara may be to slick for Angulo, Lara by decision that will have the crowd booing.

5/27/13 5:48 PM
tbi0904
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those are all nice fights. I think Juanma is gonna go to sleep again.
5/27/13 5:57 PM
PoundforPound
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/27/13 6:02 PM
I hate Broner vs. Paulie. Pointless fight, Broner should have finished cleaning up 135 or else dipped his toes into the shark infested waters at 140.

Fighting the absolute worst welterweight "champion" out there doesn't prove anything.
5/27/13 6:00 PM

Barry_BondsMVP - 

I'm curious to see if Broner can stop Paulie, that would be a nice statement for him.

Lopez/Maidana, don't think Maidana's power carries well at 47', I like Lopez in this fight.

Garcia/Juanma, Juanma might have some moments early, but Garcia stops him in the middle rounds.

GGG/Macklin, GGG will make another statement, he'll stop Macklin and give Martinez more the reason to avoid him.

Lara/Angulo, Angulo has to pressure non stop to win this fight, can't let Lara box from a distance...I feel Lara may be to slick for Angulo, Lara by decision that will have the crowd booing.

Agreed on all accounts except The Maidana vs Lopez fight. I think thats gonna be a barn burner and a very close fight.
I think Juanma will get stopped, but he will out on his shield. Should be a cracking fight.
5/27/13 6:02 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I've had a few debates about Broner's decision to fight Paulie, it makes business sense for him, considering 9 of the top 10 JWW had fights coming up, or just fought. 

I think fighting Paulie and winning a title at 147 looks better, then beating a Vasquez at 135 imo.

5/27/13 6:04 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Lopez/Maidana should be a good fight, I think Lopez has a little more proven power at the higher weight class...just my opinion.

5/27/13 6:05 PM

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Lopez/Maidana should be a good fight, I think Lopez has a little more proven power at the higher weight class...just my opinion.

Hey nothing wrong with that, the great thing is were gonna find out in a couple of weeks.
5/27/13 6:05 PM
PoundforPound
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/27/13 6:06 PM
To me beating Vasquez and Ricky Burns would make for a much better resume.

Paulie sucks as a fighter, not a big fan. He should have lost last time out to Cano who just got beat by old man Shane Mosley.

5/27/13 6:07 PM

PoundforPound - To me beating Vasquez and Ricky Burns would make for a much better resume.

Paulie sucks as a fighter, not a big fan. He should have lost last time out to Cano who just got beat by old man Shane Mosley.

Broner is just trying to collect as many belts in as many different weight classes as he can.
5/27/13 6:11 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

remember Burns team didn't want a Broner fight. Fighting a bigger name at a higher weight class looks better on your resume. 

5/27/13 6:13 PM

I want to see Broner vs Matthysse.
5/27/13 6:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

as do I Charles, although he's not proven above 135, he's one of the few I'd pick over Matthysse.

5/27/13 6:15 PM

If GGG wins, what do you think about a potential bout with Froch?
GGG says he will fight at SMW, I would LOVE to see that fight.
5/27/13 6:17 PM
PoundforPound

Yeah that's true, Burns kept wanting to put off a Broner fight until later.

I just prefer to see these guys do all the damage that they can in their division before moving up in weight. Paulie does have a belt which might impress the casuals but to those that follow the sport it won't be some huge accomplishment to beat him.
5/27/13 6:19 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

GGG/Froch would be a barn burner, Froch's size and out put might give GGG issues...Froch isn't hard to find, so if GGG starts to walk him down and land, don't know if Froch can hold up, he's taken a lot of punishment over the years. Plus GGG is a finisher.

5/27/13 6:20 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

makes sense P4P (on your post), it's a business move is all, BUT Broner needs to start stepping up after this fight.

5/27/13 6:30 PM

Barry_BondsMVP - 

GGG/Froch would be a barn burner, Froch's size and out put might give GGG issues...Froch isn't hard to find, so if GGG starts to walk him down and land, don't know if Froch can hold up, he's taken a lot of punishment over the years. Plus GGG is a finisher.

If GGG beats Macklin, i'm not really sure anything but moving up or down weight makes any sense.
Sergio Martinez is out, Chavez JR wont fight him and it seems like Quillin is ducking him.
I suppose there is Geale?
5/27/13 6:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea if Geale wants it, Pirog is a lost cause right now..that's about it at 160.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.