UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

5/27/13 6:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Think of all the fights for GGG at SMW
Froch, Kessler, Bute.
Hell even guys like Stevenson, Bika and Stiegletz would be fun.
5/27/13 7:26 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
874 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see Abe/Stieglitz III, see where my boy Abe stands. But those are all intriguing fights, hell if Dirrell could find his balls, throw him in the mix.

5/27/13 7:33 PM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, Dirrell has really fallen off the map. He should be right in the thick of things with all of the other top super middles.
5/27/13 7:38 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
874 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea it's a shame, he beat Froch imo...then falls off the map after the Abraham fiasco.

5/28/13 8:27 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ahh boxing fans, how about focusing on the fights that are actually scheduled for fucks sake lol

Mikey Garcia against JuanMA and Golovkin/Macklin this month. Looking forward to Broner/Malignaggi as well

5/28/13 8:40 PM
TzTinkle
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking forward to GGG fight and Broner vs Paulie. The Garcia/JuanMa fight is probably going to be a lopsided massacare.
5/28/13 8:41 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/28/13 9:25 PM
Edit.
5/28/13 11:08 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

GGG would beat Canelo's brains in.

5/28/13 11:55 PM
Chris27

Some good fights coming up on HBO/Showtime in June for sure.

June 8th

HBO
Dawson/Stevenson
Gamboa/Perez

SHowtime
Maidana/Lopez

June 15th

HBO
Jaunma/Mikey Garcia

June 22nd

Showtime
Paulie/Broner
Banks/Mitchell

June 29th

HBO
GGG/Macklin
5/29/13 12:06 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

don't sleep on Perez, he's probably going to give Gamboa a tough fight.

5/29/13 12:11 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Sulaiman To Canelo: You Must Give Up One of The Titles                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66017#ixzz2UeS349vv
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Miguel Rivera

Earlier today, the President of the World Boxing Council (WBC), Jose Sulaiman, stayed firm on his demand for Saul "Canelo" Alvarez to drop one of his two junior middleweight titles. Canelo, who holds the WBC title at 154, captured the championship of the World Boxing Association (WBA) with a twelve round decision over Austin Trout on April 20th. On Tuesday morning Canelo traveled to Panama and met with WBA Vice President Gilberto Mendoza, who officially presented the Mexican superstar with his title belt. Sulaiman is going to give Canelo four to five days to make a decision.

"I think that there is nothing wrong with Canelo going to Panama to receive his WBA belt because he won it in the ring. The World Boxing Council, in its rules, forbids a champion to keep two belts at the same time. We approved the fight between Canelo and Trout, based on the condition that the winner would make a decision on which belt he was dropping in fifteen days. The WBA, their president Gilberto Mendoza is a great friend of mine. I saw Canelo receive his belt [after beating Trout] and he gave it to his brother. And he said [he was giving it to his brother Rigoberto Alvarez] on television. And I had no doubt with which samctioning body he was going to stay with," Sulaiman said.

"We only accept unification fights when the winner drops one of the titles. If you leave us, no problem. Then the title becomes vacant and we will draw another winner. If you stay with us, we are proud of that. In the case of Canelo, I have a lot of love, affection and respect for him. I've seen him grow from the time he was fighting on the sandstones of nightclubs. And I've pushed him all of my life. I've been the first , and sometimes the only one who defended him against the many attacks he has had. I've always said that I consider him to be the strongest WBC champion at the present, with the exception of [Floyd] Mayweather and [Vitali] Klitschko. Aside from that, I'm very proud of Canelo Alvarez for what he's become."

"He has to give us his decision in the next four or five days. I think he is going to stay within the World Boxing Council and I will respect him for that, and I also respect the WBA. If Saul does not stay with the World Boxing Council, it will be one of the saddest days of my life."

5/29/13 12:17 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Guillermo Jones Tells WBA He Wants Klitschko Shot                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66019#ixzz2UeTo3zeL
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Miguel Rivera

WBA cruiserweight champion Guillermo Jones (39-3-2, 31KOs) has his sights set on the heavyweight champion of the world, WBO/WBA/IBO/IBF champion Wladimir Klitschko (60-3, 51KOs).

Two weeks ago in Russia, Jones captured the cruiserweight title with an eleventh round TKO of Denis Lebdev.

On Tuesday Jones traveled to Panama to officially receive his WBA championship. During the press conference with WBA Vice President Gilberto Mendoza, Jones stated that he wanted a "fight with Klitschko."

Wladimir returns on October 5th in Moscow, when he defends his titles against mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin (26-0, 18KOs).

5/29/13 9:31 PM
Fedoral Crime
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - Think of all the fights for GGG at SMW
Froch, Kessler, Bute.
Hell even guys like Stevenson, Bika and Stiegletz would be fun.
What about Ward?

No matter who he fights next its good to see the MW division strong again. There should be some great fights to look forward to in the next few years. Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 9:49 PM
chadk
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sulaiman is quite possibly the biggest piece of shit in boxing. That's saying a lot. Phone Post
5/29/13 10:22 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
478 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Floyd is fighting Canelo!!!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 10:23 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
478 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@FloydMayweather: I chose my opponent for September 14th and it's Canelo Alvarez. I'm giving the fans what they want. It will be at the MGM Grand. Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 10:26 PM
OmgItsTheWams
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - @FloydMayweather: I chose my opponent for September 14th and it's Canelo Alvarez. I'm giving the fans what they want. It will be at the MGM Grand. Phone Post 3.0
I just went from six to midnight Phone Post
5/29/13 10:27 PM
Surly
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very nice! Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 10:36 PM
TzTinkle

https://twitter.com/stevemaxboxing

Catchweight at 152, Floyd ain't a fool. Canelo's already questionable stamina is going to be completely blown out.
5/29/13 10:41 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Canelo is 22, if he can't properly drop 2 pounds, he shouldn't be boxing lol.

5/29/13 10:56 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Wonder what the opening line will be Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 11:11 PM
Chris27

Floyd is gonna cake up big time off this fight, Canleo will make good money as well but Floyd is gonna make huge money.

Cant wait for this one.
5/29/13 11:15 PM
OmgItsTheWams
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What type of #s is this ppv gonna pull 1.5? Phone Post
5/29/13 11:16 PM
stillmatic
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, I'm surprised. Only fight out there for Floyd really, but I expected him to try to get a fight with Danny Garcia. The 2 lbs shouldn't be too big of an issue for Canelo. I'm not even going to give Floyd any flack for the catchweight. This is a good fight for the fans.
5/29/13 11:24 PM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've given Pacquiao crap in the past for being the catchweight king so I can't be a hypocrite. Floyd is taking a page right out of his book and I'm disappointed.

He should have fought Canelo at 154 just like he fought Cotto at 154.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.