UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

5/10/13 9:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lockon
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xsrg95 - 
chadk -  Marquez's muscles were only part of it. It was the sudden increase in power I found shocking. He goes 36 rounds previously with Manny without being able to discourage him much, then in the 4th fight he lands two clean right hands. One drops Pac hard in the 2nd and the other takes him out clean. Tests mean nothing when talking about an acknowledged "wizard" who never had an athlete fail a test over the years. It wasn't just HBO and Pacquiao fans questioning him either. Lots of knowledgeable folks have "doubts". Given all the high profile fighters (boxing & mma) getting caught recently, you can hardly blame those of us who are suspicious. Phone Post

the way he landed that clean punch could have knocked out anyone with or without roids when you're talking about an elite boxer like Marquez, the way manny steped on marquez foot just showed the timing marquez built from the past fights

This. The way the final shot was set up would've knocked down most people.

Newsflash, Marquez can absolutely be a puncher when he wants to, the guy has power. Aside from his finish percentage, he's even hit Pacquiao with several highlighted shots throughout those 4 bouts that would have dropped lesser fighters. Maybe, instead of attributing all this power to steroids, you could be a bit more objective and question whether or not Pacquiao's ability to take a punch has deteriorated.

Again, Heredia was already working with Marquez for his 3rd fight with Pacquiao. Where was his power then? What about the Fedchenko bout?
5/10/13 10:05 PM
lockon
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - Hey guys, what about Chris John? Seeing that he beat JMM some time ago and has been ranked top 10 P4P over the years but suppose since he mostly fights in Asian against other Asians, simply isnt known well enough?

How about skill wise? Justified top 10 P4P?

Also on JMM, did him beating Barrera not give him more spotlight or was that a fight/result that only reasonated with hardcore fans? I remember seeing the fight and really enjoyed it, one of the fights that sticks out for me that as a great technical, competitive bout on both sides.

You can find the Chris John fight on YouTube, most people feel JMM won that won, too. Very uneventful fight. John's not too respected in the boxing community because of his unwillingness to find big fights outside of his home country.

IIRC he also called out Marquez after his KO win over Pac but it's irrelevant because they are divisions apart.
5/10/13 11:04 PM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Atlas just said he has heard canelo vs cotto is in the works Phone Post
5/10/13 11:45 PM
ANT_P1989
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OmgItsTheWams - Atlas just said he has heard canelo vs cotto is in the works Phone Post
I'd like to see Nelo vs Lara. Phone Post
5/11/13 5:54 AM
DARTHHOGAN
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ten random Questions for Roger, Jeff and Floyd Mayweather sr. 

5/11/13 11:00 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ANT_P1989 - 
OmgItsTheWams - Atlas just said he has heard canelo vs cotto is in the works Phone Post

Canelo just fought a dangerous no name opponent, why would he fight another?

Anyways Cotto vs Canelo will be a lot more exciting.

5/11/13 11:00 AM
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Angulo vs Lara is next, that sucks.
I want Angulo to Ko his ass, prob not gonna happen.
5/11/13 2:18 PM
chadk
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache -
ANT_P1989 - 

If you consider seeing a totally shot and ringworn Cotto getting brutalized "exciting" I guess it will be. Phone Post
5/11/13 3:24 PM
Chomas
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Replay of the Mayweather fight tonight at 9pm EST on Showtime. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/13 8:01 PM
chadk
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk -
ANT_P1989 - 

If you consider seeing a totally shot and ringworn Cotto getting brutalized "exciting" I guess it will be. Phone Post
Sorry, I wrote that while working earlier. Came off snarkier than I intended. Let me rephrase: I think at this point in his career Cotto had nothing for Canelo and would get destroyed. For Miguel's sake, I hope this match never happens. Would be concerned about his long term health. Phone Post
5/11/13 8:05 PM

chadk - 
chadk -
ANT_P1989 - 

Sorry, I wrote that while working earlier. Came off snarkier than I intended. Let me rephrase: I think at this point in his career Cotto had nothing for Canelo and would get destroyed. For Miguel's sake, I hope this match never happens. Would be concerned about his long term health. Phone Post

haha its cool mate.
I agree that Canelo would win, but I think Cotto would slug it out with him.
I just don't wanna see the Lara fight right now.
What about...
Canelo vs Kirkland????
5/11/13 9:24 PM
EEKS
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DARTHHOGAN -

Ten random Questions for Roger, Jeff and Floyd Mayweather sr. 

That was cool Phone Post
5/11/13 10:15 PM
jdindiana
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rewatching the Mayweather fight. Wife doesn't get it Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 1:12 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
910 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darchinyan Stops Gallo: Oscar Valdez Wins Big                                                                                                                                                        Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65431#ixzz2T3Ij0Sfq
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Uni-Trade Stadium in Laredo, Texas - In a super bantamweight contest, former multi-division champion Vic Darchinyan (39-5-1, 28 KOs) made his Top Rank promotional debut and stopped Javier Gallo (18-7-1, 10 KOs in the fourth round of a super bantamweight clash. Gallo was dropped hard in the second. He got up but was quickly dropped again after two left hands. Darchinyan got caught hard as he was coming in, but then dropped Gallo for a third time. Darchinyan continued to land in the third and finished Gallo off with a hard knockdown at :26 of the fourth.

Featherweight prospect Oscar Valdez (5-0, 4KOs) stopped Rocco Espinoza (4-7-1) in the first round. Espinoza went down early from a left hook to the body. He was dropped again later from a right hand to the head, and finally dropped once again from a left hook, near the end of the round, to prompt an immediate stoppage by the referee at 2:58.

5/12/13 1:16 AM
Tebow Worships Satan
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canelo's camp claiming Floyd refused a catchweight for the Canelo fight. Floyd wants the fight at 147 they said.

If this true Floyd is gonna wait out Canelo until he outgrows the division. Which shouldn't take long, he's a big boy.
5/12/13 1:44 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
910 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that would be dumb on Floyd if true, he fought Oscar and Cotto and 54', what Floyd should demand is Canelo not re-hydrating to LHW lol.

5/12/13 1:59 AM
pharochuck
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Tebow Worships Satan - Canelo's camp claiming Floyd refused a catchweight for the Canelo fight. Floyd wants the fight at 147 they said.

If this true Floyd is gonna wait out Canelo until he outgrows the division. Which shouldn't take long, he's a big boy.
He's already at 154, do you mean outgrow that or outgrow 147? Floyd in ring weight is a little above 150, canelo is close to 170. I don't see why any negative can be given to Floyd not wanting to give other guy 20 pound advantage. Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 2:01 AM
pharochuck
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Barry_BondsMVP -

that would be dumb on Floyd if true, he fought Oscar and Cotto and 54', what Floyd should demand is Canelo not re-hydrating to LHW lol.

Canelo if they did same day weigh ins would be fighting 2 divisions above where he's at Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 2:10 AM
Tebow Worships Satan
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - that would be dumb on Floyd if true, he fought Oscar and Cotto and 54', what Floyd should demand is Canelo not re-hydrating to LHW lol.

I wouldn't mind that, aslong as the 2nd weigh in isn't during the actual event.

Pharochuck - He's already at 154, do you mean outgrow that or outgrow 147? Floyd in ring weight is a little above 150, canelo is close to 170. I don't see why any negative can be given to Floyd not wanting to give other guy 20 pound advantage.

Outgrow 154. It's apart of the game Pharo, they're still draining themselves to make the weight and that takes alot out of a fighter even with the re-hydration. I could see the negative backlash if Floyd didn't fight him at 154 since he fought both Oscar and Cotto there constantly claiming during the Cotto build up that he wants to fight guys at their comfortable weight class. That's hypocrite at it's finest but it is Floyd after all.
5/12/13 2:29 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

if these guys are re-hydrating that much, they should be fighting a weight class higher.

5/12/13 2:46 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tebow Worships Satan - Canelo's camp claiming Floyd refused a catchweight for the Canelo fight. Floyd wants the fight at 147 they said.

Pathetic. Doesn't mind going to 54 for past their prime fighters but won't touch Sergio or Canelo at 54. I'll never give Floyd another dollar if he cherry picks his way around Canelo Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 2:52 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I have a feeling we're going to hear a lot of finger pointing lol..especially since Atlas heard Cotto is the front runner.

5/12/13 5:06 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

I have a feeling we're going to hear a lot of finger pointing lol..especially since Atlas heard Cotto is the front runner.

Cotto is the front runner for Canelo? Not shocked they want to make that matchup since Trout spoiled their plans but lets not be ridiculous Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 7:08 AM
Fedoral Crime
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

if these guys are re-hydrating that much, they should be fighting a weight class higher.

On the other hand if they can make the weight, there shouldn't be a problem.

I think it would actually be an advantage for Floyd. Every cut to 154 for Canelo is going to be harder and take more out of him from now on.

This is a great opportunity for Floyd to shut people like myself up, about cherry-picking once and for all. I don't think Canelo beats Floyd no matter what weight he comes in at anyway. Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 7:22 AM
PoundforPound
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Supposedly Cotto is thinking of hiring Freddie Roach.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.