UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

6/1/13 7:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
883 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wont be in, had to spend a lot at the Dentist.

6/2/13 12:31 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
883 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bopp lost damn it lol

also heard Fury vs Haye could happen in August

6/2/13 11:27 AM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

6/2/13 12:43 PM
OmgItsTheWams
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bozy - Fury vs Haye Is very interesting Phone Post
I see haye getting the KO fairly easily he is just too fast Phone Post
6/2/13 12:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

SubbedZER0 - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

lol, would be nice to have a 1/3rd of his money.

6/2/13 1:44 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OmgItsTheWams - 

Ow yea, plus Haye has nyquil in both fists. I see the patented "sexual chocolate" landing around the 5th. Night night Tyson.
6/2/13 3:02 PM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 
SubbedZER0 - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

lol, would be nice to have a 1/3rd of his money.

sorry Barry, attention deficit.

Sometimes I just want to post high-value Bonds pictures. It's like a web reminder that this thread is brought to you by Bonds.

6/2/13 7:40 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Haye: If Vitali Fight Happens, Probably Not Until 2014                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66168#ixzz2V6aZ08FG
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Edward Chaykovsky

Former two division champion David Haye (26-0, 24KOs) says a showdown with WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko, should it happen, likely won't come about until 2014. Vitali has a mandatory fight to take care of, against Bermane Stiverne who recently won a final eliminatory. Vitali is likely not going to fight twice in 2013.

Haye, who withdrew from a planned June fight with a hand injury, is now being linked to a fall fight with domestic rival Tyson Fury.

"Hopefully [I get Vitali], that's the goal, to regain the championship. Vitali Klitschko has to fight with a [Canadian] guy, I forget what his name is. He has to fight with a [Canadian] guy who just won a fight against Chris Arreola a few weeks back. If it does happen [a fight with Vitali], it probably won't happen until next year - so I'm just going to stay active as much as I can without getting injured. I'm looking forward getting back into the mix of things," Haye told Sky Sports.

6/2/13 7:42 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I think we all knew this, but Canelo plans to attack the body early, then go for the head...Said people make mistakes head hunting against Floyd, key is to be patient.

6/2/13 7:44 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Klitschko-Povetkin: Hryunov Expects Deal Within 3 Days                                                                                                                                         Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66181#ixzz2V6beGNsq
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

Russian promoter Vladimir Hryunov tells BoxingScene.com that he needs a total of three days to resolve all of the outstanding issues in the ongoing negotiations to finalize a deal between WBO/IBO/WBA/IBF champion Wladimir Klitschko (60-3, 51 KOs) and mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin (26-0, 18 KOs).

The fight is scheduled for October 5th in Moscow, Russia. The two sides have until June 7th to finalize the fight per the regulations of the WBA.  Hryunov won the WBA's purse bid with a financial figure of $23 million dollars. According to the WBA's split, Klitschko stands to receive $17 million dollars of that amount.

In an earlier article on BoxingScene , Klitschko's manager, Bernd Boente, said the issue of drug testing was still unresolved - among other items. Regarding the drug testing organization of record, Klitschko wants to use NADA [Nationale Anti Doping Agentur], based in Germany - while Povetkin's side wants to use RUSADA [Russian Anti-Doping Agency], which the Klitschko side rejected. Both NADA and RUSADA are affiliated with WADA [World Anti-Doping Agency].

Besides the drug testing situation, there are numerous contractual issues related to money, officials and several other areas. The only item both sides have agreed upon, says Boente, is having Klitschko walk to the ring last.

"We have no agreement at the moment on the whole contract. There are many issues about the financial flow, the situation with the ring doctors, the local commission...many issues. All of the issues that you can imagine in a boxing fight. I think at the moment, at the best I would say the fight is 50-50," Boente told BoxingScene.com.

Hryunov realizes that Boente is looking out for the best interest of his fighter. The Russian promoter is planning to work around the clock to get a deal done before the deadline.

"I think it's clear that Mayweather-Pacquiao is not going to happen, so I believe Klitschko-Povetkin is right now the biggest fight in boxing. There is a considerable amount of interest from fans all over the world and the tickets for this event are going to sell through the roof. Boente is looking out for his fighter. I'm going to work very hard with Boente to reach an agreement and I expect that in three days all of the issues will be resolved and a deal will be struck. I'm confident everything will be worked out and the fight will happen as planned," Hryunov told BoxingScene.com.

6/2/13 7:46 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Khan-Alexander Contracts Being Finalized For 12/7                                                                                                                                                   Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66176#ixzz2V6c4LOX2

By Edward Chaykovsky

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer advised Jeff Powell of Daily Mail that contracts are being finalized for Amir Khan to challenge IBF world welterweight champion Devon Alexander. The fight has been targeted for December 7th and Dubai is seriously being considered as the location for the fight. If Khan is able to defeat Alexander, he would place himself in line for a unification with WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr., who moves up in weight on September 14th to challenge WBC/WBA 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.

"Amir needs one fight at welterweight, along with a title, to set up the match with Floyd. He is getting that chance against Devon, who has agreed the fight. We will be finalizing and signing the contracts in the next couple of weeks. We have opened discussions with the ruling family of the Emirates who have made it very clear that they are keen to put on a major boxing event. This is very exciting for Amir and all of us. If he defeats Devon, preferably in style, the next step for him would be against Floyd," Schaefer told the paper.

6/2/13 9:53 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

haha, I'll be surprised if Garcia takes the fight.

6/2/13 10:34 PM
pharochuck
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
OmgItsTheWams - 

after seeing the trouble fury had with cunningham, he better stay far away from haye. haye is as fast or faster than cunningham and has some serious pop in his fists. haye would get fury out of there in less than 5

6/2/13 11:51 PM
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

haha, I'll be surprised if Garcia takes the fight.

He will have to eventually. Unless he wants to be labeled a ducker. Its not he is a big star, he needs matthysse as well. What other big fights are out there for him now?
6/2/13 11:52 PM

Tebow Worships Satan - Khan-Alexander being finalized. Mayweather vs Canelo finalized.

Yet nothing about Garcia/Matthysse. This fight isn't going to happen.

Khan vs Alexander is actually a good match.
6/3/13 1:18 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Garcia has mentioned recently of moving up, so if the fight doesn't happen by years end...I doubt it happens at all.

6/3/13 12:43 PM
PoundforPound
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Khan is usually much faster than his opponents but that won't be the case against Alexander.

It's an intriguing fight to me, if Devon lands the same uppercut that he did on Juan Urango I'd expect Amir's glass chin to betray him like it always does.
6/3/13 1:28 PM

TiliShkodrani - Khan will destroy Alexander, barring he gets caught like an idiot. At least assuming he wins, that kills the idea of any Floyd vs Alexander matchup.

Khan will destroy Aleander?
U fa ree bruh?

Amir struggled with Julio Diaz. He also went life and death Miadan, who Alexander washed with ease.
Its a good, close fight.
6/3/13 1:29 PM

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Garcia has mentioned recently of moving up, so if the fight doesn't happen by years end...I doubt it happens at all.

He will lose all credit and most of his fans if he ducks Matthysse.
6/3/13 3:30 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

he has fans? lol

but this weekend is stacked.

At Montreal (HBO): Chad Dawson vs. Adonis Stevenson, 12 rounds, for Dawson's lineal/WBC light heavyweight title; Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Darley Perez, 10 rounds.

At Carson, Calif. (Showtime): Marcos Maidana vs. Josesito Lopez, 12 rounds, welterweights; Erislandy Lara vs. Alfredo Angulo, 12 rounds, junior middleweights; Jermell Charlo vs. Demetrius Hopkins, 12 rounds, junior middleweights

At Las Vegas (UniMas): Juan Carlos Sanchez vs. Roberto Sosa, 12 rounds, for Sanchez's IBF junior bantamweight title; Jessie Magdaleno vs. Henry Maldonado, 8 rounds, junior featherweights;

At Greenhithe, England (WealthTV): James DeGale vs. Stjepan Bozic, 12 rounds, super middleweights

At Berlin: Marco Huck vs. Ola Afolabi, third fight, 12 rounds, for Huck's WBO cruiserweight titlle;                                                   

6/3/13 7:29 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Boxing is died.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66192#ixzz2VCOAuexC

by Edward Chaykovsky

According to scribe Steve Lillis, the British clash between heavyweight rivals David Haye (26-2, 24KOs) and Tyson Fury (21-0, 15KOs) is a £10 million blockbuster which is being targeted for a late September or early October date in Macnhester or London. Each fighter, according to British sources, is going to receive around £5 million. Talks have apparently been going on for several weeks and there could be an announcement in the next few days.

This past Saturday Fury officially withdrew from a planned IBF final eliminator against Kubrat Pulev. The winner of that eliminator would have been first in line to face the winner of the October match between Wladimir Klitschko and Alexander Povetkin. Haye was going to fight Manuel Charr this month but withdrew with a hand injury.

6/3/13 7:36 PM

Barry_BondsMVP - 

he has fans? lol

but this weekend is stacked.

At Montreal (HBO): Chad Dawson vs. Adonis Stevenson, 12 rounds, for Dawson's lineal/WBC light heavyweight title; Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Darley Perez, 10 rounds.

At Carson, Calif. (Showtime): Marcos Maidana vs. Josesito Lopez, 12 rounds, welterweights; Erislandy Lara vs. Alfredo Angulo, 12 rounds, junior middleweights; Jermell Charlo vs. Demetrius Hopkins, 12 rounds, junior middleweights

At Las Vegas (UniMas): Juan Carlos Sanchez vs. Roberto Sosa, 12 rounds, for Sanchez's IBF junior bantamweight title; Jessie Magdaleno vs. Henry Maldonado, 8 rounds, junior featherweights;

At Greenhithe, England (WealthTV): James DeGale vs. Stjepan Bozic, 12 rounds, super middleweights

At Berlin: Marco Huck vs. Ola Afolabi, third fight, 12 rounds, for Huck's WBO cruiserweight titlle;                                                   

MY GOD THIS SATURDAY.
6/3/13 7:37 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 06/03/13 7:38 PM

Abraham looks to return this summer.

Daiki Kameda faces Aaron Bobadilla in Japan, June 8th

6/4/13 7:55 PM
SubbedZER0

ttt for Saturday's match ups

6/4/13 8:04 PM
lockon
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maidana v Lopez should be fun.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.