UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

5/12/13 2:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedoral Crime - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

if these guys are re-hydrating that much, they should be fighting a weight class higher.

On the other hand if they can make the weight, there shouldn't be a problem.

I think it would actually be an advantage for Floyd. Every cut to 154 for Canelo is going to be harder and take more out of him from now on.

This is a great opportunity for Floyd to shut people like myself up, about cherry-picking once and for all. I don't think Canelo beats Floyd no matter what weight he comes in at anyway. Phone Post 3.0

in combat sports, having that much of an advantage isn't right imo...stuff like this happens.

Gatti's first fight of 2000 proved to be controversial. Faced with former world champion Joey Gamache, Gatti won by a knockout in round two. A subsequent lawsuit by Gamache's handlers claimed Gatti had gained 19 pounds since the weigh-in the day before and thus had a large advantage over Gamache.[12] In the wake of the fight, boxing regulators pushed for a new law limiting the amount of weight a competitor can gain between the weigh-in and time of the fight. Gatti was also accused by Gamache's handlers of not having actually made the contracted weight of 141 pounds. After Gatti-Gamache, some boxing commissions started weighing boxers a second time.

5/12/13 2:45 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im on the fence about this weight cutting stuff. I do think that a max for each weight makes sense though and take the weight cutting competion out of it.
5/12/13 2:47 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 
Fedoral Crime - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

if these guys are re-hydrating that much, they should be fighting a weight class higher.

On the other hand if they can make the weight, there shouldn't be a problem.

I think it would actually be an advantage for Floyd. Every cut to 154 for Canelo is going to be harder and take more out of him from now on.

This is a great opportunity for Floyd to shut people like myself up, about cherry-picking once and for all. I don't think Canelo beats Floyd no matter what weight he comes in at anyway. Phone Post 3.0

in combat sports, having that much of an advantage isn't right imo...stuff like this happens.

Gatti's first fight of 2000 proved to be controversial. Faced with former world champion Joey Gamache, Gatti won by a knockout in round two. A subsequent lawsuit by Gamache's handlers claimed Gatti had gained 19 pounds since the weigh-in the day before and thus had a large advantage over Gamache.[12] In the wake of the fight, boxing regulators pushed for a new law limiting the amount of weight a competitor can gain between the weigh-in and time of the fight. Gatti was also accused by Gamache's handlers of not having actually made the contracted weight of 141 pounds. After Gatti-Gamache, some boxing commissions started weighing boxers a second time.

I dont see how you can sue for a rule that doesnt exist though - that there has never been a in-ring weight cap so does it matter (legally) what Gatti gained after?

I agree that the regulators installing an in-ring limit make sense, im sure most of us do but the only ground they could contest in this one is if Gatti actually made the 141 mark or not in the first place, right?
5/12/13 2:52 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes to the second part Wasa-B, it's been asked for by some people in Boxing, this same day weigh ins Sulaiman is planning is still a scam...I posted the body weight % these guys can still re-hydrate too. You have guys like JCC taking diruetics to make MW, yet he blows up to over 175 come fight night. 

people have been seriously hurt because of excessive weight advantage, no it's not in the rules because it's political BS. 

5/13/13 5:42 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

smh at Bute, they are looking to reschedule Bute/Pascal either in Dec or Jan.

5/13/13 5:57 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Hearn says no to Hopkins vs Froch, not even at a catchweight, says Froch is too small.

5/13/13 6:11 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Malignaggi: I Asked for VADA, Got USADA & No Tests Yet                                                                                                                                       Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65475#ixzz2TDHkEY5W
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

by David P. Greisman

Paulie Malignaggi says he asked for one drug-testing agency for his June 22 fight with Adrien Broner, was denied in favor of another agency, and meanwhile still has yet to be tested with the bout only about six weeks away.

“I actually asked for VADA [the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association] first and I was turned down,” Malignaggi told Ben Thompson of FightHype.com. “They said they were going to USADA [the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency], but I’m still waiting on what’s going on with USADA. I still have not been tested. I still have not heard anything.

“They said, ‘If you want VADA, there’s no fight,’ ” the 32-year-old welterweight titleholder added seconds later. “Do you ask for VADA and lose out on a 7-figure payday, or do you just say, ‘Alright, fuck it, no VADA,’ and take the payday?”

Malignaggi-Broner was officially announced on April 25.

VADA was used for a pair of Golden Boy bouts in 2012 that ended up not happening because of positive tests for banned substances: Lamont Peterson’s rematch with Amir Khan was canceled after Peterson tested positive for synthetic testosterone, and Victor Ortiz’s rematch with Andre Berto was canceled after Berto tested positive for nandrolone.

VADA also was used for the Golden Boy-promoted bout featuring Canelo Alvarez vs. Shane Mosley. Both fighters tested clean.

Golden Boy has been using USADA. Meanwhile, a couple Top Rank-promoted bouts earlier this year had VADA testing: Timothy Bradley vs. Ruslan Provodnikov, and Nonito Donaire vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux. All four fighters tested clean. VADA will also do the testing for this November’s Top Rank-promoted bout between Manny Pacquiao and Brandon Rios.

5/13/13 11:16 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/13/13 11:36 PM
bennit
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Darchinyan Stops Gallo: Oscar Valdez Wins Big                                                                                                                                                        Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65431#ixzz2T3Ij0Sfq
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Uni-Trade Stadium in Laredo, Texas - In a super bantamweight contest, former multi-division champion Vic Darchinyan (39-5-1, 28 KOs) made his Top Rank promotional debut and stopped Javier Gallo (18-7-1, 10 KOs in the fourth round of a super bantamweight clash. Gallo was dropped hard in the second. He got up but was quickly dropped again after two left hands. Darchinyan got caught hard as he was coming in, but then dropped Gallo for a third time. Darchinyan continued to land in the third and finished Gallo off with a hard knockdown at :26 of the fourth.

Featherweight prospect Oscar Valdez (5-0, 4KOs) stopped Rocco Espinoza (4-7-1) in the first round. Espinoza went down early from a left hook to the body. He was dropped again later from a right hand to the head, and finally dropped once again from a left hook, near the end of the round, to prompt an immediate stoppage by the referee at 2:58.

darchinyan walked straight on to a few right hands from gallo and was rocked more than once during the fight.He doesnt look like he has anything left.Gallo is about the size of a Lt/Flyweight.

Also the final punch that floored gallo was a good one but Gallo seemed to go down and look up and then layed down again.He did it the previous knock down but this time it looked like he didnt want to get up.

Anyone notice Rhonda Rousey in Vics corner? she seemed to just sit there looking unimpressed during the fight.

Is Vic managed by Frank Espinoza now? he was in his corner too.

5/13/13 11:39 PM
bennit
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/13/13 11:39 PM

IMO Lupe Contreras is the best MC in boxing

5/13/13 11:42 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea, Espinoza is managing Vic, he's signed with Top Rank.

5/13/13 11:54 PM
pharochuck
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Barry_BondsMVP -

Hearn says no to Hopkins vs Froch, not even at a catchweight, says Froch is too small.

I would like to see that fight. Froch would force Hopkins to fight at a faster pace than he likes Phone Post 3.0
5/13/13 11:58 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

not too impressed with Froch, I'd take the old man in that fight...he's fought bigger and quicker guys.

5/14/13 1:27 AM
rudj
496 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@ BBMVP just printed for you

5/14/13 1:38 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

awesome work bro, especially that Fedor shirt.

5/14/13 2:31 AM
othree
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rudj - 

@ BBMVP just printed for you

My dude, would you be willing to sell a Fedor shirt?. Let me know and we'll take it to PM's if it's possible. Thanks a ton!

5/14/13 3:25 AM
Eddy Payeur
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

smh at Bute, they are looking to reschedule Bute/Pascal either in Dec or Jan.

Give him a break, the guy had bone fragments removed from his hand. I'd rather see him at his best versus Pascal.
5/14/13 3:50 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

http://manilatimes.net/index/index.php/news/top-stories/47410-pacquiao-mauls-barangay-captain

Has the People’s Champ turned into a chump?

Rep. Emmanuel “Manny” Pacquiao, once regarded as the world’s best pound-for-pound boxer, is facing charges of vote buying and serious physical injuries for mauling a barangay chairman who tried to stop him from distributing rice and cash to voters in General Santos City late Saturday night.

Pacquiao is seeking reelection as representative of the lone district of Sarangani province.

Alfredo Belgica, the barangay chairman of San Jose, was beaten almost to a pulp by Pacquiao and his bodyguards at 11 p.m. on Saturday. Belgica claimed that Pacquiao and his bodyguards ganged up on him when he confronted them for going house-to-house and distributing cash and goods to families in the barangay. The lawmaker and his group arrived in the barangay in a five-car convoy. Part of the convoy was a truck loaded with rice and various goods Pacquiao and his men gave out to families in the community.

During the melee, Pacquiao and his bodyguards were arrested by police authorities and brought to the General Santos City police command based at Camp Fermin Lira Jr. for investigation. However, Pacquiao’s lawyer, Geng Gacal, arrived at the police station and managed to squirrel him out of the camp before he could issue any statement. Gacal is running for councilor in General Santos City under the Peoples Champ Movement (PCM)-United Nationalist Alliance (UNA).

Belgica, a member of the Achievement with Integrity Movement (AIM), a group affiliated with the Liberal Party (LP), said he was punched by Pacquiao and his bodyguards when he threatened to file charges against the lawmaker for buying votes. Although General Santos City is not part of Pacquiao’s constituency, witnesses said the lawmaker was in the city to campaign for his friend, councilor Ronnel Rivera, who is running for mayor against incumbent city mayor Darlene Antonio-Custodio. A witness said Rivera was with Pacquiao’s group when the mauling incident occurred.

Belgica, a supporter of Custodio, said he will not be dissuaded from filing charges against the Sarangani lawmaker. He said police authorities should not have allowed Pacquiao to leave the police station without first undergoing interrogation.   

“Magsasampa ako ng kaso laban kay Congressman Pacquiao dahil sa ginawa nyang pambubugbog sa akin kasama ang kanyang mga bodyguards,” he told The Manila Times during his physical examination by policemen at the PNP laboratory in Camp Fermin Lira Jr.

Belgica suffered from contusions and bruises in the face and various parts of the body. He could barely speak when interviewed at the police camp. He was physically examined in the presence of Lulu Casabuena, the president of the Association of Barangay Captains.

Pacquiao and his PCM party had been accused of vote buying when he first ran for Congress.

On Friday, supporters of Pacquiao were also arrested for removing and tearing up campaign posters of AIM candidates but the lawmaker immediately bailed them out.

The boxing champ is not the only one in the family seeking an electoral post. His wife Jinkee is running for vice governor of Sarangani. She is the running-mate of incumbent Vice Governor Steve Chiongbian Solon. Pacquiao’s youngest sibling, Rogelio, is also seeking a seat the House of Representatives. Pacquiao’s PCM party and UNA fielded Rogelio as their congressional candidate for the first district of South Cotabato.
5/14/13 9:38 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

it's 10% of their weight, so Canelo could come in at 169 pounds buddy lol.

5/15/13 12:36 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Floyd hasn't said anything about Canelo's weight, people are reacting off a comment made by Canelo's trainer. Canelo doesn't have good cardio, doesn't matter his weight, he's always fought in spurts.

I suspect he'd gain at least 10 pounds, you gain a little over a pound from a 20 ounce bottle of gatorade.

5/15/13 12:36 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 05/15/13 12:35 AM

dbl

5/15/13 12:56 AM
rudj
496 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@BBMVP well, design came out more like a front. Perhaps the oversized logo would look good on the back.

What do you think?

BTW sorry to go off topic

5/15/13 1:11 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

what about the Last Emperor just written straight across? On the back can say FEDOR

5/15/13 1:12 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mares Hints That Castellanos Could Be Next                                                                                                                                                             Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65534#ixzz2TKqMN71q

By James Blears

New WBC featherweight champion Abner Mares (26-0-1, 14KOs) is strongly hinting that silver champion, number one contender and fellow Mexican Robinson Castellanos (18-9, 11KOs) could very well be his next opponent. Abner was at hand in Mexico City to be presented with the green and gold belt, by WBC President Jose Sulaiman. And Abner suggested:

“I don’t have a preference. But I do realize that Robinson is the challenger and that he’s earned his spot. He went all the way to Panama and was successful, and I think he deserves his chance for the title. Robinson is the guy who deserves the opportunity.”

Abner who’s also said he want his first defense to be on home turf in Guadalajara, or in Mexico City.

Guillermo Rigondeaux who’s WBA and WBO world champion at super bantamweight defeated Abner as an amateur. He’s recently said he’d like to repeat the dose in the pro ring. Grinning and not in the least nettled, Abner dubbed Rigondeaux a defensive fighter.

He added: “I wouldn’t mind fighting him, as he’s been running his mouth. But he doesn’t want to move up to 126 pounds. And…all my eyes are on who’s at featherweight.

Abner said he’d also consider going for a fourth title at super feather commenting: “If my body lets me move up and I feel strong I’ll most definitely try. Why not!

“It’s a risk but boxing is a risk and I’ll try my luck. I’m capable of going up to super featherweight because of my skills.”

5/15/13 1:19 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Haye is Absolutely Gutted Over His Injury, Withdrawal                                                                                                                                              
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65507#ixzz2TKs7FkUL

David Haye has been forced to pull out of his heavyweight bout with Manuel Charr next month after suffering a hand injury in training.

Haye was set to fight for the first time since stopping fellow Briton Dereck Chisora inside five rounds in their controversial bout at Upton Park last July against former world title challenger Charr at the Manchester Arena on June 29.

But after injuring his left hand on Sunday evening, the 32-year-old announced the contest has been postponed and it is not yet clear whether the bout will be re-arranged.

"I'm absolutely gutted to have to pull out of this fight on June 29," said the former WBA heavyweight champion.

"I pick up injuries now and again in training, and sometimes carry them into fights, but this was one I simply couldn't recover from in time. I need to rest it up for at least four weeks.

"I apologise to Manuel Charr and to everybody involved with the promotion. But most of all I want to say sorry to the thousands of fans who bought tickets to the fight. I felt it was important to let them know about the cancellation as soon as possible, so they can now make other plans.

"As soon as I am told I can resume full training, my loyal fans will be the first to know."

Haye was looking to use the fight with 28-year-old Lebanon-born Charr, whose only defeat of his professional career came when he was controversially stopped because of a cut to his right eye in the fourth round by WBC champion Vitali Klitschko last year, as a springboard to higher profile bouts.

The former unified cruiserweight champion has made little secret of wanting to challenge for world honours in the heavyweight division once more, with Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko holding all the recognised titles.

However, this injury puts Haye's hopes on hold.

He pulled out of a scheduled bout with Wladimir Klitschko with a back complaint in 2009 and while they faced off two years later, Haye famously cited a toe injury as one of the reasons for a disappointing performance as the Ukrainian cruised to a unanimous decision win at the Imtech Arena in Hamburg.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.