UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

5/25/13 7:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stillmatic
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight!

Both fighters are warriors.
5/25/13 7:22 PM
FedorsBadassFists
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight. I got Froch taking it by 116 - 113. Two absolute warriors.
5/25/13 7:25 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7-5 Froch
5/25/13 7:29 PM
nickotine
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in the UK and actually scored it a draw. Kessler taking 456 9 10 11, a couple of those with counter punching that i can understand judges not seeing or whatever. how that judge reached 118-110 i dont know. froch was always the aggressor so if thats what they look for i can understand, but only 2 rounds to kessler? great fight tho
5/25/13 7:32 PM
FedorsBadassFists
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I gave Froch 7 rounds, Kessler 4 & had 1 level
5/25/13 7:33 PM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/25/13 9:59 PM
I had it 7-5 for Froch as well. Kessler was too inactive at the beginning and gave away rounds.

But he came on at the end. Good fight.
5/25/13 9:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't mind 7-5 Froch, his activity level definitely gave him some swing rounds, my goodness these chins on them...I think Kessler might of over trained some, seemed weird in there too me, probably why he didn't throw as much this fight. Regardless great fight, would love to see a trilogy.

5/26/13 5:33 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lennox Lewis Warns Froch About Facing Ward Again                                                                                                                                              Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65942#ixzz2UR8yO5O2
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Former undisputed heavyweight world champion Lennox Lewis believes Carl Froch will have his work cut out if he fights American Andre Ward.

Froch defended his IBF super-middleweight title and took Mikkel Kessler's WBA belt with a unanimous points decision win over the Dane at London's 02 Arena.

A previous defeat to Kessler and one to Ward are the only blemishes on Froch's professional career but Lewis thinks the Nottingham boxer should be wary of the American.

Lewis told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek programme of the prospect of Froch fighting Ward: "He's really going to have to go to camp and fix up some of his technical issues.

"He cannot fight the same way he fought in this fight.

"Against Andre Ward he has got to be a little bit scared because Andre Ward is a serious hombre and he's coming there to fight and he's looking for that knockout.

"If he sees a chink in your armour in any way he will seize that opportunity."

Lewis was impressed with the way Froch stepped up and took the fight to Kessler.

"Let me tell you he felt really comfortable in there," Lewis added.

"He basically threw a lot of the boxing out of the door and he was just going in there for a smash-up. He boxed really well, he was in control."

Kessler rocked Froch with a punch in the sixth round and that was an area of concern for Lewis.

"There were a couple of sticky moments that I was concerned about but he did very well. He showed he can take a punch.

"I was surprised at Kessler because although he looked like the better boxer he just didn't have the heart for it.

"Froch had the heart and the willingness. He just wanted to show everybody that he's a banger.

"He really dug deep. Even that last round because if I was his trainer I would have told him he had won the fight and he did not need to risk anything.

"But he wanted to risk it and he wanted to go in there and knock Kessler out."

5/26/13 5:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Kessler Admits Carl Froch's Pace Was Too Much                                                                                                                                                      Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65938#ixzz2URCnikha
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Mikkel Kessler admitted he could not handle the pace set by Carl Froch as the Nottingham man took a points win in their exciting rematch. Froch made a fast start against his super-middleweight rival and Kessler did not gain a foothold until the middle rounds, but 'The Cobra' came on strong to earn a unanimous decision at the 02 Arena in London. Kessler almost staged a grandstand finish in the 11th when a right hand left Froch on unsteady legs, but the gruelling battle had taken his toll on the 34-year-old who could not force a stoppage.

"It was tough with the good crowd he has at home," he said. "It's not nice to come into such an arena when it's not your own people. It's nice to see so many boxing fans here, but still I know there will be a lot of Danish people at home and I want to thank them very much for supporting me. I gave it my all. I was tired in the end. I hurt Carl in the 11th round, but I couldn't follow I hadn't the energy to do it. It was a very tough fight, and very tough coming over here, but it is nice to fight a warrior who wants to fight."

5/26/13 5:53 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

wouldn't mind seeing a Groves/Froch fight, but I'm sure Froch is looking for a bigger pay day...he wants a rematch with Ward but in the UK..I think Froch/Hopkins would be more competitive.

5/26/13 11:25 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/27/13 2:02 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol at Seckbach

5/27/13 2:41 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only thing he was right about was that boxing has been killing the UFC in terms of quality. Phone Post 3.0
5/27/13 4:02 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I don't think it's news that UFC guys should be getting paid more...way to report Elie lol.

5/27/13 11:33 AM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really like this kid George Groves. He's a fun fighter to watch.

Froch has bigger fish to fry but I'd love to see Groves step up the quality of his opposition. I believe he's ranked #1 by the WBO so he should be getting a title shot soon.
5/27/13 11:38 AM
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

This dude is such a turd. Stop with the UFC vs Boxing stuff already.
5/27/13 11:39 AM

GayGuardMooseSaucy - Only thing he was right about was that boxing has been killing the UFC in terms of quality. Phone Post 3.0

UFC 160 was amazing and so was Fox 7.
5/27/13 12:10 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

This dude is such a turd. Stop with the UFC vs Boxing stuff already.

agreed, it was corny and lame when mma fans did it and its just as lame now with boxing fans doing it.

Both sports are great, both sports are doing great right now.
5/27/13 4:57 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Stieglitz/Groves would be a good one.

5/27/13 5:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Oscar's cousin http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65970
5/27/13 5:17 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65966#ixzz2UWvQ8wBK This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Ward: After We Destroy Froch, We Want Calzaghe!

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=65966#ixzz2UWvXIhLo

By Rick Reeno

James Prince, the manager for super middleweight king Andre Ward (26-0, 14KOs), told BoxingScene.com that his boxer has no problem with going over to the UK to fight IBF/WBA "regular" champion Carl Froch (31-2, 22KOs) in a rematch - under the right circumstances.

Prince feels very confident about his fighter's ability to defeat Froch in a rematch, especially since Ward won their first encounter with a broken left hand.

Froch avenged his other career defeat on Saturday night in London, when he fought his way to a twelve round unanimous decision over Mikkel Kessler at the O2 Arena.

Following the Kessler fight, Froch challenged Ward to accept a rematch in the UK. The first match took place in December of 2011 at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Ward won with scores of 118-110, 115-113 and 115-113.

Both Ward and Prince are waiting to receive an official offer from Eddie Hearn, who promotes Froch.

But the real prize on Prince's mind is British superstar Joe Calzaghe (46-0, 32KOs), who retired shortly after his November 2008 decision win over Roy Jones Jr.

Since his retirement, Calzaghe has stated in several interviews that he believes, at least when he was active, that he would have beaten Ward. Calzaghe made similar statements last week.

"I would have beaten Ward. Like I say, people can judge styles, but I can adapt to every style and mine was harder to hit. I think Ward is good in his comfort zone, but I would have got him out of that and wouldn't have fancied it. It would have been a good fight. There's no ego. It is belief. I think it would have been a chess match," Calzaghe told Sky Sports.

Prince wants to settle the issue once and for all - who is better - Ward or Calzaghe - and he wants the British fans to apply pressure on Calzaghe to come out of retirement.

"We would love to go over to the UK and beat Froch up - if everything can be accommodated right. Andre really enjoyed himself in the UK and he realized that he has a lot of love over there. It's just a matter of time, but we're definitely not scared to fight him in the UK. We know that Froch is best super middleweight that's out there in the UK. And we know that over in U.S. that Andre Ward is the best out there in his weight division. So why not? UK vs. the USA," Prince told BoxingScene.com.

"Then maybe after we beat Froch up, we might convince Joe Calzaghe to come out [of retirement] and represent the UK after we destroy the best that they have. If they can arrange that commitment, with Froch first in the UK, with the understanding that after we destroy him - that the UK can convince Calzaghe to come out of retirement to defend the UK - then they got a deal."

5/27/13 5:29 PM

Some matches i'm looking forward to this month-
Joseito Lopez vs Maidana
Mikey Garcia vs Juanma
GGG vs Macklin
Lara V Angulo

Not sure how to feel about Broner vs Paulie.
5/27/13 5:36 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I'm curious to see if Broner can stop Paulie, that would be a nice statement for him.

Lopez/Maidana, don't think Maidana's power carries well at 47', I like Lopez in this fight.

Garcia/Juanma, Juanma might have some moments early, but Garcia stops him in the middle rounds.

GGG/Macklin, GGG will make another statement, he'll stop Macklin and give Martinez more the reason to avoid him.

Lara/Angulo, Angulo has to pressure non stop to win this fight, can't let Lara box from a distance...I feel Lara may be to slick for Angulo, Lara by decision that will have the crowd booing.

5/27/13 5:48 PM
tbi0904
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those are all nice fights. I think Juanma is gonna go to sleep again.
5/27/13 5:57 PM
PoundforPound

Edited: 05/27/13 6:02 PM
I hate Broner vs. Paulie. Pointless fight, Broner should have finished cleaning up 135 or else dipped his toes into the shark infested waters at 140.

Fighting the absolute worst welterweight "champion" out there doesn't prove anything.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.