UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

5/29/13 11:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canelo has fought at WW, there's guys that fight in multiple weight classes...he's still young, let's not forget he weighed in at 153 pounds against Trout.

5/29/13 11:39 PM
DARTHHOGAN
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yessssssssss! Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 11:39 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canelo also won a title at a catchweight of 150 pounds.

5/29/13 11:55 PM
chadk
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canelo hires a nutritionist he'll be fine. Phone Post
5/29/13 11:59 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Canelo/Baldomir was a 151 pound catch weight fight.

5/30/13 12:03 AM
Tebow Worships Satan
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marquez vs Bradley officially moves to oct 12th. Three big time PPVs for the 2nd half of the year.
5/30/13 12:10 AM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the fight is happening. But I would have wanted him to beat a 100% Canelo that isn't handicapped by weight draining himself.

Floyd is good enough to beat him without that crutch.

5/30/13 12:12 AM
Oddessa
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9-14-2013 - MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Floyd Mayweather Jr  -225
Saul Canelo Alvarez +175
11.5 over -340

5/30/13 12:25 AM
endochokedme
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

boooom
5/30/13 12:26 AM
pharochuck
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
PoundforPound - I've given Pacquiao crap in the past for being the catchweight king so I can't be a hypocrite. Floyd is taking a page right out of his book and I'm disappointed.

He should have fought Canelo at 154 just like he fought Cotto at 154.

huge difference between fighting cotto at 154 and canelo t 154. also fight night he's oin to be giving up at least 15lbs to a guy 13 years younger than him. what more do you want him to do?

5/30/13 12:33 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

he's losing a pound bro lol

5/30/13 12:56 AM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Came to check the Bonds thread

Got the good news

Now its MACARONI TIME

5/30/13 1:24 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Canelo: 152 No Problem, Pressure The Key To Beat Floyd                                                                                                                                        Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66054#ixzz2UkbCokBQ
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

WBC/WBA junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (42-0-1, 30KOs) was very excited as he spoke to BoxingScene.com about the finalized deal to face the pound-for-pound king, Floyd "Money" Mayweather (44-0, 26KOs), on September 14th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"I feel great emotion. I am very excited. The entire team was excited. At first I didn't believe it when [Golden Boy CEO] Richard [Schaefer] said it was done. But obviously now we got it done and I have a lot of emotion," Canelo told BoxingScene.com.

The fight is taking place at a catch-weight of 152-pounds. Canelo says there will be no problem with the weight. Mayweather has fought at the full junior middleweight limit of 154 on two occasions - with victories over Oscar De La Hoya and Miguel Cotto. But Canelo is a physically bigger fighter and rehydrated to over 170-pounds on the night he defeated Austin Trout in April.

"I feel comfortable. I feel good with that weight. Floyd obviously has fought at 154...he fought as high as 154, but for whatever reason they wanted it at that weight. I feel comfortable at that weight. The important thing is that we're both comfortable and the fight is on," Canelo told BoxingScene.com.

Although Mayweather is now 36-years-old, Canelo saw nothing from Mayweather's last performance, on May 4th against Robert Guerrero, to suggest Floyd has lost a step.

"It was the same old Floyd. He did what he had to do to win. Guerrero didn't really put up too much of a fight. he started well in the first two rounds, but after that it was typical Mayweather fight," Canelo said.

The Mexican superstar is very familiar with Mayweather and watched many of his fights. He believes that he found a trend in three encounters where Mayweather had issues - against Jose Luis Castillo, Oscar De La Hoya and Miguel Cotto. Canelo feels Mayweather does not respond well to constant pressure from a physically bigger, aggressive fighter.

"That is going to be the key. I think that is going to be the key. I think that you're exactly right [that smart pressure is needed]. But the difference is that I'm a very intelligent fighter, I'm very fast and I think that I'm going to be victorious in that fight," Canelo said.

5/30/13 1:31 AM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you're fighting for junior middleweight belts then let the opponent come in at the junior middleweight limit. Simple as that.

It’s like Pac claiming to be an 8 division champion when he forced Margarito to come in at 150 for their title fight.

This just gives Canelo a ready made excuse when he loses. And it leaves an opening for the haters to jump all over Floyd for doing the exact same thing he has criticized Manny for. It’s completely unnecessary.
5/30/13 1:44 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

bro, Canelo has fought in catchweight fights, he weighed in at 153 pounds for Trout...he said 152 isn't an issue. There's no re-hydration clause, all he has to do is drop another pound and he's good to go. 

They are champions in their respected weight classes, with the titles on the line, so they met at 152. Floyd's a hypocrite who cares, fight is on.

5/30/13 2:01 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mayweather's guarantee is rumored in excess of $40 million

5/30/13 2:06 AM
PoundforPound

Yes, it's good that the fight is on.

But it would have been nice to see him get full credit for taking on the best available challenge instead of leaving the door open for his critics to diminish this.

5/30/13 2:08 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I feel you bro, but you already know with haters, they'll find anything to nitpick. If Floyd wins, guarantee haters will say Canelo is too green.

5/30/13 5:49 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm seriously thinking about going. When do tickets go on sale? Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 12:57 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forbes claims that Mayweather/Guerrero did only 875k buys, and that Showtime lost $12 million.

5/30/13 1:14 PM
CompanyBlue
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

I feel you bro, but you already know with haters, they'll find anything to nitpick. If Floyd wins, guarantee haters will say Canelo is too green.

If he loses to Floyd you think calling Canelo too green would be unfair? Do you think Canelo has peaked at 22 years old? His toughest opponent to date is Austin Trout and he lost 6 rounds to Trout in that fight. It's clearly a huge step up for Canelo but this is one of the fights that people want to see. I imagine Canelo puts up a better fight than Guerrero and Cotto, should be a good one. I know I'll be watching.
5/30/13 1:34 PM
Hikikomori
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Floyd losing to Canelo wouldn't be bad at all. Hed rematch Canelo and sell that much more ppvs.

It would also catapult Canelo to god status. Phone Post
5/30/13 1:43 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canelo should just come in at whatever weight he wants and and take the fine. Just like Floyd did to Marquez.
5/30/13 2:19 PM
PoundforPound

Ticketmaster will have the tickets when they first go on sale. For a Floyd fight that's the best day to buy them because the scalpers jack up the prices afterwards when they resell on sites like Ebay or StubHub. The only time the prices might drop is in the days right before the event. But if you’re planning a trip I don’t think you would want to leave it until the last minute to get seats.

The bad thing is that you can’t pick the exact seats you want if you buy online. Maybe if you call them on the phone they might be willing to work with you.

The cheapest seats at the MGM Grand will be in the nosebleed section which is honestly not that bad, but you might have to watch the screens. Floor seats in my opinion are not worth it. I’d rather be about one level above the ring.
5/30/13 4:24 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

CompanyBlue - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

If he loses to Floyd you think calling Canelo too green would be unfair? Do you think Canelo has peaked at 22 years old? His toughest opponent to date is Austin Trout and he lost 6 rounds to Trout in that fight. It's clearly a huge step up for Canelo but this is one of the fights that people want to see. I imagine Canelo puts up a better fight than Guerrero and Cotto, should be a good one. I know I'll be watching.

I think Canelo is ready as can be, best time to make the fight because Floyd isn't getting any younger. If the fight were to happen two years from now, and Canelo won it wouldn't be because he's more skilled. He needs to out muscle Floyd and hopefully he can catch him with something and finish him off.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.