UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

5/30/13 8:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/30/13 9:00 PM
Kjeldoran - What do the one level above the ring cost? Avg? vtfu btw

The boxing news sites (like Boxing Scene for example) will usually post ticket information letting you know the prices and the date they go on sale. That's where I look, but keeping an eye on Ticketmaster should work too.

For one level up you’re probably looking at around $1200 per ticket. The next level up after that would be like $800 per ticket. Not cheap, unfortunately.
5/30/13 9:06 PM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there a source for that Forbes claim? Showtime's president said that it exceeded 1 million buys.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9262663/floyd-mayweather-jr-robert-guerrero-exceeds-1-million-pay-per-view-buys
5/30/13 10:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
898 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunter: Canelo's Stamina Could Play Big Role With Floyd                                                                                                                                          Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66088#ixzz2Upf9qXa3
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

Virgil Hunter, the trainer of Andre Ward, Amir Khan, Alfredo Angulo and several others, spoke to BoxingScene.com about the upcoming mega-match between Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26KOs) and Saul "Canelo' Alvarez (42-0-1, 30KOs), which takes place on September 14th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

The biggest issue that immediately concerns Hunter is Canelo' stamina. In Canelo's last fight, against Austin Trout, Hunter saw that Canelo was losing steam in the late rounds. He also believes Canelo is fully aware of his stamina issue and properly paces himself by fighting in spurts. He doesn't reject the fact that Canelo is hard worker in the gym, and feels the Mexican star's physical dimensions are a contributing factor to the problem.

If the kid can't show better stamina, then he's in trouble. He's a good fighter, but he's going to find out quick that [Mayweather] is on another level. In most of fights that I've seen him in he fights in spurts and he might always have that problem [with stamina] because of the way he's built, that stocky build that he has and the short arms, and the short limbs. It exists in the animal world, if you're familiar with different working dogs and things like that. He has that really stocky build so the blood in his arms and shoulders fill up pretty quick. Once that happens, he just carries all of that extra armor around," Hunter told BoxingScene.com.

The fight is taking place at a catch-weight of 152-pounds, which Hunter doesn't expect to be a factor in the fight. However, if Canelo blows up to 170 or 172-pounds like he has in the past, then that could be a problem, says Hunter.

"If he blows up over 165 he's going to be in trouble, because he's just carrying that extra armor around and Floyd will fatigue him," Hunter said.

"It's not the weight that you hit the scale with. It's the top weigh that matters. Nobody has a fist fight on the scale, they have it the next night in the ring, so to me the top weight matters, but at the same time a fighter really needs to know what his top weight really is. Just because you are 15-pounds heavier than him doesn't mean that's an effective 15-pounds. It could be a 15-pounds that's very detrimental to you, especially if you get tired and have to lug it around."

Hunter is not in agreement that Canelo, 22-years-old, is simply chasing a big payday. Unlike other Mayweather opponents, Canelo makes millions of dollars in every ring appearance and he draws thousands of fans to his events in Mexico and the United States.

"It's either one or two things. He's looking for the payday, which I find hard to believe because he's doing pretty well, he's an icon in Mexico and he does pretty well over here too. Or he really thinks that he can beat Mayweather,' Hunter said.

5/30/13 10:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
898 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Froch-Kessler 2 Airings Get About 1.1 Million Viewers                                                                                                                                                Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66080#ixzz2UpfUpeAz
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

by David P. Greisman

The enjoyable rematch between super middleweights Carl Froch and Mikkel Kessler drew nearly 1.1 million combined viewers in its two airings on HBO this past Saturday, according to a network news release.

The live showing of the bout from London’s O2 Arena at 6 p.m. Eastern Time pulled in 493,000 viewers, while the replay at 10 p.m. added 577,000 viewers, for a total of 1,070,000 viewers.

That is less than what HBO cards have typically been bringing in of late. Earlier this year, HBO’s Kery Davis said the network’s boxing broadcasts get 1.2 million viewers on average, according to an article by Michael Woods of TheSweetScience.com.

The bout also coincided with Memorial Day Weekend, when many in America typically are on vacation, at the pool, grilling or otherwise are away from their television sets.

Froch won a unanimous decision, bringing his record to 31-2 with 22 knockouts. Kessler is now 46-3 with 35 knockouts. Both men have each won a bout in their rivalry; Kessler’s victory was a unanimous decision in March 2010.

5/30/13 10:22 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Chisora vs Malik Scott signed for 7/20 in London

Carl Frampton leaves Matchroom and signs with Frank Warren.

5/31/13 4:09 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bonds. you catching the Teon Kennedy fight on the web tomorrow? There's another on Fox Sports but I don't know who's fighting off the top of my head.

Also dear thread, stop ducking me on Fight Night Champion.

5/31/13 4:20 PM
caposa
1559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

24-0 Yesica Bopp fights this weekend...

She looks really talented

5/31/13 4:59 PM
romadant
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TiliShkodrani - If Canelo loses his excuse will be the 2 extra pounds.

If Floyd loses, his excuse will be Canelo was too big.

Both guys have excuses ready.

Frankly I just wanna see the fight. Canelo would be wise to drop about 5-6 pounds naturally which would help his cardio. He should also try to improve his foot work, in a clinch fight, Canelo destroys Floyd, but Floyd's not stupid, he'll do what he did against Guerrero.

May the better man win.

I got a feeling Pacquiao will be the one getting the last laugh.

If Pacquiao is laughing at the end of this fight it's because he's punch drunk from JMM.

Floyd in 8 rounds.
5/31/13 6:11 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

dat ass on Bopp dou..

5/31/13 6:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

SubbedZER0 - 

Bonds. you catching the Teon Kennedy fight on the web tomorrow? There's another on Fox Sports but I don't know who's fighting off the top of my head.

Also dear thread, stop ducking me on Fight Night Champion.

what time does the Kennedy fight start?

5/31/13 9:06 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Boxing/Peltz_Boxing_at_Ballys_Kennedy_vs_Vinan/1927

Above link is for anyone interested in the Teon Kennedy card on Sat. (2moro), looks like it is a 10 dollar PPV and the full card is shown and listed at the bottom of the page.

says its for 730 EDT

5/31/13 9:31 PM
chadk
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -

24-0 Yesica Bopp fights this weekend...

She looks really talented

Indeed. Phone Post
6/1/13 12:25 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Manny Pacquiao's promoter said Friday the Filipino superstar may never again fight in the U.S. Bob Arum's revelation emerged as he was asked about Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s bold decision to take on Mexico's star unbeaten world super-welterweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez on Sept. 14 in Las Vegas. Does that stroke by the 36-year-old Mayweather indicate he's never felt so confident in his abilities? Meaning the long-awaited Pacquiao super-fight could be back on the table next year after Pacquiao fights Oxnard's former world lightweight champion Brandon Rios on Nov. 23 in Macau, China? "Let's not even go there," said Arum, who has failed repeatedly in attempts with Mayweather Jr. and the boxer's promoter, Richard Schaefer, to stage the super-fight. "By fighting outside the country, as he's doing in this Rios fight, Manny doesn't have to pay U.S. taxes anymore – at a rate of 40% for a foreign athlete. "If this pay-per-view and other things take off like we think they may, I can't imagine Pacquiao will ever again fight in the U.S." Arum said in addition to holding the fight on the morning of Nov. 24 on the gambling resort locale so the pay-per-view will air live on a Saturday night in the U.S., he's struck a deal to allow Chinese consumers to purchase Pacquiao-Rios for what equates to $5 to view the bout on their tablets or cellphones. "We could do as many as $10 million to $20 million in sales with this. It changes everything. Will it work? We'll see in November." Arum has also negotiated with resorts in Singapore for a possible future Pacquiao bout.
6/1/13 11:45 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

If we want a Pacquiao/FMJ fight, it wont happen overseas.

6/1/13 12:40 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

the chances of the fight happening is slim to none...Showtime/HBO issues, along with Bob Arum. Arum may be able to get Pacquiao on Showtime for a fight again, but he's not working with Floyd.

6/1/13 1:01 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Canelo/Pacquiao wont happen, Manny said he can't fight anyone 150 pounds and up after the Margarito fight.

6/1/13 2:57 PM
PoundforPound

Who's hotter, Yesica Bopp or Rousey?
6/1/13 4:04 PM
quality
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - Who's hotter, Yesica Bopp or Rousey?

Bopp and it's not even close. Rousey only has a good body, her face isn't doing her any favors. I can picture Rousey fatter than Carano after not fighting for a year or two.
6/1/13 5:17 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I have it opposite, Rousey has a better face, but Bopp's body though.

6/1/13 6:41 PM
SubbedZER0

anybody else taking the 9.99 plunge with me on the Teon card?

6/1/13 7:27 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I wont be in, had to spend a lot at the Dentist.

6/2/13 12:31 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Bopp lost damn it lol

also heard Fury vs Haye could happen in August

6/2/13 11:27 AM
SubbedZER0

Barry_BondsMVP - 

6/2/13 12:43 PM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bozy - Fury vs Haye Is very interesting Phone Post
I see haye getting the KO fairly easily he is just too fast Phone Post
6/2/13 12:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

SubbedZER0 - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

lol, would be nice to have a 1/3rd of his money.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.