UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

6/23/13 10:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^
I like you, i guess we just see this situation in a totally different light. Despite being an immature jerk, Broner is not that bad of a guy. There have been waaaaaay worse guys in boxing and people have loved them. Hell, im from Chicago and I remember when G-man was doing his thang. That guy was one of the biggest pieces of shit to ever lace em up, but he was a great fighter. I realized the same things that made him POS out side of the ring, made him great inside the ring. Sometimes you have to separate the person from the boxer. You dont have to get a drink with these guys, just watch them exhibit skill in the ring.

You may not like what Broner is doing, but why deny yourself of watching one of the best young talents to emerge in quite some time?
6/23/13 11:31 AM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't argue with you at all on G-Man. Some of the dogfighting stories were way too much. His general knowledge and some of those stories will cringe you out for sure.

You're def right that i'm denying myself watching one of the most talented prospects and boxer in general to come along in some time. There are have been alot of disrespectful boxers before yes, this is the first time I feel like its being pushed as the very head of today's boxing world. It also strikes me as the first time anyone has gone after the 'look at me, do I piss you off?' style so god damn obviously without it being his natural personality. "Yeah you do Broner, I just payed 70 for Floyd a month ago, next fuckin gimmick please"

I can tell Broner is a better guy than that. So when he goes flat out flamboyant and disrespectful for the fuck of it, thats whats going to happen, over the top and awkward and no concept of ball busting so you go for the throat. When Broner first popped on I posted here 'I only like this  kid from opening bell to finishing bell'. He's one of the best punchers i've seen in some time, who for whatever reason wants to ride a hater train instead of his talent to the top (see Lucas Matthysse for how to be quiet and get noted). I would feel like a sucker hopping on this train again after Floyd, thats really all it comes down to.

sorry for FRAT

6/23/13 11:39 AM
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't apologize about the frat, I like reading your posts. This is why i'm loving this boxing thread, everyone here is friendly. We may not agree, so will have intelligent discussions about it. No mane calling or none of that.
As far as Broner is concerned, I understand where you're coming from but IMO you should still watch his fights. Personalities aside, the kid is exciting and talented. He will have some real fun fights in the future.
Lastly, G-Man. I loved him while i was a wee lad, and when he got injured I was genuinely devastated. I did not learn about his "extracurricular activities" till some time later, and I went through a period where I hated him. But he payed the price for every action he committed. I look back on him now in completely different light.
6/23/13 12:28 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know I have to admit, I should've thought of just watching him on mute before going as far as not watching. This seems to solve my displeasure with Broner issue lol.

One of the saddest things I find with G-Man is that he claimed recent mail for him consists of animal rights activists writing hate mail or medical expenses. No fan mail, and is taken care of by his sisters :(

6/23/13 2:49 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

love or hate him, we are watching, all that matters....but people shouldn't let their hate cloud their judgement on scoring fights lol. Too many people are worked up because the hate for Broner is so strong, they'll look for anything to bring Broner down.

6/23/13 3:01 PM
pharochuck
322 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
RCP_TT4LIFE -
Fedoral Crime - So he's not going to leave it up to the fans to pick his next fight?

AB = Absolute Bullshit Phone Post 3.0

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/

Matthysse is winning by a landslide lol. Matthysse is finally getting notoriety from fans for being the bad man that he is.
And he will decapitate broner Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 3:03 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

some issues Broner needs to fix on with movers like Paulie, someone like Alexander or Khan will stick and move. Broner needs to close up that back foot, his base is to wide. I'm sure he knows that, probably fighting like that because he's not worried about return fire from Paulie, but we'll see if he can adjust when need be.

6/23/13 6:09 PM
Hikikomori
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Larry Merchant surprised at Adrien Broner's performance with Paulie; eyes his future and more
6/23/13 6:10 PM
Hikikomori
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canelo vs. Mayweather Photoshoot photos
6/23/13 7:09 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks for the videos Hiki.

6/23/13 9:58 PM
ANT_P1989
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty Boy Floyd.

Can't wait. Phone Post
6/24/13 12:28 AM
SubbedZER0

Barry_BondsMVP - 

love or hate him, we are watching, all that matters....but people shouldn't let their hate cloud their judgement on scoring fights lol. Too many people are worked up because the hate for Broner is so strong, they'll look for anything to bring Broner down.

On changing weight - "I've changed my numbers more times that a hood guy who got drugs in the basement"

Asks fiance to marry on television, fucks it up eating stripper pussy on tmz

A pathetic rap career

A fake mayweather team of yard barkers

Decides he wants to bring pussy in as a means of promotion

2 HAND CHOKES ELOY PEREZ AT WEIGH IN, clowns his positive cocaine test postfight

Disrespects Paulie in his hometown postfight.

I can't help it this kid rattles all my wrong nerves. I don't take ANYTHING away from his boxing. But his face has become a thing of utter disgust for me. Whoever the young clown is that follows him, who Adrien claims is the 'next when i'm done', even decided he had something to say to Paulie, when this kid hasn't even fought on network TV yet. Sometimes your boxing level just doesn't do justice the douchebaggery you partake in.

IMO.....its a matter of time before we have a Chisora/Haye incident with this asshole.

6/24/13 12:36 AM
PoundforPound
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is the most annoying personality in boxing right now, without question.
6/24/13 1:46 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66944#ixzz2X6rQwYru This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Schaefer Breaks Down The Options For Adrien Broner

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66944#ixzz2X6rVkL00
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Bill "Two Scoops" Emes

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer says WBA welterweight champion Adrien Broner (27-0, 22KOs) has a lot of options for the future. Broner, still the WBC champion at 135, captured the WBA belt from Paulie Malignaggi on Saturday at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Schaefer would love to see Broner face Marcos Maidana next, but there are a lot of other options for Broner at welterweight and also at 140-pounds.

"We first have to see if he wants to stay at 147 or not. The question for Adrien will be - does he want to defend his title, does he want to go 140, he is still the lightweight champion as well, he did not give up that belt yet. I do not see him going back to lightweight. We have to see what he wants to do. For example, a fight between Adrien and Marcos Maidana, I would love to see that as a fan. The division is so deep, there are so many names there....Amir Khan, Devon Alexander, Victor Ortiz, Robert Guerrero. The names go on and on and there will be some big fights for Adrien," Schaefer said.

6/24/13 2:04 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66946#ixzz2X6vwbXoi This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

HBO Gives Hearn Four Possible Names For Carl Froch

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66946#ixzz2X6w0tsXe
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Edward Chaykovsky

Promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport recently held a meeting with HBO, who expressed their interest in having IBF/WBA "regular" super middleweight champion Carl Froch face four possible opponents on their network - including a trilogy with Mikkel Kessler, a rematch with Andre Ward, a battle with IBO/WBA middleweight champion Gennandy Golovkin and former middleweight beltholder Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Hearn told The Daily Telegraph: "We want to keep Carl on Sky Box Office in the UK, and we have three names here in Europe we'd like him to fight. Kessler again, possibly, in a trilogy fight, George Groves, and James DeGale. But I think Groves and DeGale are bigger fights down the line."

"Home Box Office have come up with four names - Kessler, Ward, Golovkin and Cesar Chavez Jr. I think we will end up facing Ward next spring in an outdoor venue in the UK. We want it over here. It's great for Carl that there is such great interest in him both over here, and in the United States.

"He is finally where he belongs in boxing. People say that he wouldn't beat Ward because of their styles, but behind the scenes before that fight [Dec 2011] he was stale, and mentally not right. He's a different animal now. Look at the way he was against Lucien Bute and Kessler this time around."

6/24/13 10:01 AM

I have been calling for GGG VS Froch for a couple months now. DO IT!!!!
6/24/13 7:11 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Rios says Maidana would KO Broner, fat Joan Guzman is  calling Broner out now lol. Paulie says Broner is not that good.

6/24/13 7:11 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Floyd said there's too many belts in Boxing, would like to clean that up.

Said Canelo is a risk, but feels no one beats him right now.

6/24/13 7:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66970#ixzz2XB70gHsG

By Robert Morales

A source close to the situation told BoxingScene.com on Monday that an arbitration hearing involving the California State Athletic Commission will be held Tuesday to discuss the status of super middleweight champion Andre Ward (26-0, 14KOs) and his promotional contract with Goossen Tutor Promotions.

Rumors in the industry have suggested that Ward is trying to break free from his contract with Goossen Tutor, which is headed by longtime promoter Dan Goossen.

Ward, who had shoulder surgery in January, has not fought since stopping Chad Dawson in the 10th round of a title defense in Oakland, Calif.

6/24/13 7:23 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Broner wont be happy lol

6/24/13 8:30 PM
SubbedZER0

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Rios says Maidana would KO Broner, fat Joan Guzman is  calling Broner out now lol. Paulie says Broner is not that good.

Well i'm sorry but someone is going to have to tell Guzman that Broner won't accept the fight at light heavyweight

6/24/13 9:09 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol subb.

6/24/13 11:02 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Floyd wants his fighters to undergo year round testing.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article14620.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
6/24/13 11:55 PM

It amazing how much more enjoyable this boxing thread is compared to the other boxing threads on here.
6/25/13 12:19 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I think it's just the quality of posters on this thread.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.