UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/30/13 3:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
803 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/30/13 4:03 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Well,

I guess GGG would techincally be punching with a cruiserweight. but Julio.....one of those Gennady shots will learn you very fast that this is no LA barbeque or Sergio Martinez.

6/30/13 4:27 PM
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/174431-gym-notes-giant-killer-golovkin-looks-ready-for-proksa

Alot of awesome quotes in the article, makes GGG sound out of this world
6/30/13 4:29 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
803 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

don't have to read that article, I believe I know which one it is lol...GGG hurting his cruiserweight sparring partners, right? 

6/30/13 4:32 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67186#ixzz2XjY0zZRy This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Gamboa on Rios: We Can Fight After Pacquiao Beats Him

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67186#ixzz2XjY7M9it
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Luis Sandoval

Cuban sensation Yuriorkis Gamboa was on the latest edition of BoxingScene Radio and discussed a variety of topics during his exclusive interview. One of the things talked about was the now infamous Brandon Rios fight which never ended up taking place.

Gamboa, who is currently looking for a big name fight, was asked if he had any regrets or if he still stood by his decision to not fight Brandon Rios. Gamboa immediately took the chance to clear the air as he declared it was never a matter of him not wanting the fight but instead a matter of poor negotiations.

“In reality, for me it wasn’t about not choosing to take the fight and that’s something I want to clear up for all the commentators because it’s one thing to know about what you hear and it’s another to know the reality. I never wanted to not make the fight with Brandon Rios. The thing was the negotiations weren’t done correctly. And once they didn’t do things correctly I removed myself from the negotiations completely” Gamboa would tell BoxingScene Radio.

Gamboa also explained once he balked at their offer and they noticed how many tickets had been sold, that’s when he was offered more money but it was too late.

“Every time someone asks me a question, they make it seem like I didn’t want to fight Brandon Rios. So the reason is they didn’t do good negotiations. Once I got out of negotiations because I didn’t accept what they wanted and I started doing different negotiations. THEN they offered me more money once they found that out and also how many tickets had been sold. By then I was already in other negotiations which I wasn’t going to break those only because they found out what my worth really was and offering what they should’ve given me prior”.

Gamboa has since broken away from his former promoter Top Rank and joined rapper turned boxing promoter 50 Cent’s SMS Promotions. The relationship with Top Rank and Gamboa appears to be fine despite the break up as he has been featured on a Top Rank promoted card since his release.

While both Gamboa and Rios appear to have gone different directions, Gamboa would still be interested in fighting Rios and in fact said he asked Arum for the fight recently.

“That’s actually something we have already talked about. We let Bob Arum know after the [Michael] Farenas fight that if there was a possibility to fight with Brandon Rios since [Brandon] had talked a lot but never did it in front of us. We wanted the fight but they didn’t want to make it. But if they want to make the fight once Brandon loses to [Manny] Pacquiao it would be my pleasure” said Gamboa.

6/30/13 4:34 PM
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

don't have to read that article, I believe I know which one it is lol...GGG hurting his cruiserweight sparring partners, right? 

Indeed, sorry if posted earlier. Just sent some chills down my spine.

“The dude can hit, I’m still getting used to it,” said Imoesiri, who like Coyne, is delightfully bright and articulate. “It’s crazy. I sparred with [undefeated WBA heavyweight beltholder] Alexander Povetkin and he never hurt me like this guy.”
6/30/13 4:34 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67191#ixzz2XjYTPymb This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Hearn Loves The Sound of Carl Froch-Gennady Golovkin

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67191#ixzz2XjYYusus
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Edward Chaykovsky

Promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom tells Adam Norman of Sky Sports that a fight between IBF/WBA super middleweight champion Carl Froch (31-2, 22KOs), and IBO/WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (27-0, 24KOs), is a fight that could be made for next year. Froch is likely to return in late November or early December with Mikkel Kessler, WBC champion Sakio Bika and former British champion George Groves as possible opponents.

"Golovkin is one of most widely avoided fighters on the planet and fair play to Macklin for stepping up, but Golovkin is a freak of nature. He's a beast," he told Sky Sports. "According to HBO he'd be willing to step up to super-middleweight and a fight with Carl Froch would just be epic. Froch, granite chin, Golovkin one of the biggest pound-for-pound punchers in the world. Carl Froch will fight any man. Whilst Golovkin is largely avoided Froch will quite willingly step up and ideally that is a fight that could happen in the middle of 2014."

6/30/13 4:35 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Leck Brosnar - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Indeed, sorry if posted earlier. Just sent some chills down my spine.

“The dude can hit, I’m still getting used to it,” said Imoesiri, who like Coyne, is delightfully bright and articulate. “It’s crazy. I sparred with [undefeated WBA heavyweight beltholder] Alexander Povetkin and he never hurt me like this guy.”

oh no it's all good, glad you posted it. I had a feeling it was that camp notes... he's got serious power.

6/30/13 4:45 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please for the love of God make Froch vs GGG. That is my personal dream match up.
6/30/13 4:46 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I think Froch is there for the taking, all these wars are taking it's toll.

6/30/13 4:59 PM
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. GGG vs Froch.
2. Matthysse vs Adrien Broner
3. Brandon Rios vs Ruslan Provodnikov
4. Mikey Garcia vs Abner Mares
5. Sergei Kovalev vs Adonis Stevenson

My current dream match ups.
6/30/13 6:07 PM
MMA Playwrite
958 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

thanks for the summary Play, I'll do some research on Tramaine Williams, is a black american?

Yep.

6/30/13 6:15 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

not use to seeing black guys fighting at that small weight class.

6/30/13 6:35 PM
OmgItsTheWams
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are lucas and GGG up there on the all-time power puncher list? I would say yes but I haven't seen many guys from before the early 2000s Phone Post
6/30/13 6:40 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

OMG...youtube these

Julian Jackson

Earnie Shavers

Gerald McClellan

John Mugabi

Khaosai Galaxy 

just to name a few that the hardcore fans know of.

6/30/13 6:41 PM

OmgItsTheWams -  Are lucas and GGG up there on the all-time power puncher list? I would say yes but I haven't seen many guys from before the early 2000s Phone Post

They could very well get there, but as of now its way to early to place them in the top. Boxing has centuries of competition.
6/30/13 6:45 PM

Barry_BondsMVP - 

OMG...youtube these

Julian Jackson

Earnie Shavers

Gerald McClellan

John Mugabi

Khaosai Galaxy 

just to name a few that the hardcore fans know of.

This and

Bob Foster

David Tua

Thomas Hearns

Carlos Zarate

Naseem Hamad
6/30/13 6:45 PM

For a little Ricardo Lopez could lay a fool out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcWfgCG3Szw
6/30/13 6:47 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Lopez could bang.

6/30/13 6:47 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

http://boxing.about.com/od/history/a/ring_punchers.htm here's a list of 100 big punchers
6/30/13 6:52 PM

Not in the elite category, but recently there have been a lot of hard hitting Columbians.
Edison Miranda
Alejandro Berrio
Ricardo Torres
Juan Urango
Joel Julio
Fulgencio Zuniga
Samuel Miller

Must be something in the water... Or cocaine.
6/30/13 6:53 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol, I'll go with Cocaine

6/30/13 7:16 PM
tbi0904
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I knew a guy who's buddy sparred with Andrew Golota a while back. The guy was still fairly new to boxing so Golota took it easy on him but whenever he put some mustard on his shots the guy could feel it through his body, if that makes sense. Kinda like a shock wave or a club. I always thought that was a great testament to how hard a good pro heavyweight can hit. It's a little scary.
6/30/13 7:26 PM
PoundforPound
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/30/13 7:33 PM
A hard hitting pro heavyweight is no joke. The power is very frightening.

Ricardo Lopez was a better version of Juan Manuel Marquez. Same trainer for both of them.
6/30/13 7:35 PM
I LOVE GSP
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/30/13 7:36 PM
we're talking heavy Hitters?

what about Ike Ibeabuchi?

wasn't a big fan of how this turned out but it was a great KO.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.